As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] "I'm only dooting you because I can't doot myself."

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Played a few games of brawl today

the salt

the saaaaaalt

reminded why I don't usually play competitive modes in this game much anymore.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Old Azmodan was a hero who was fun for some people to play but who was annoying for literally everyone else in the game. His entire kit revolved around never being physically present anywhere and letting long-range globes and minions do all the work. Oh and please help me get stacks because otherwise I'll be fucking useless for the entire game instead of just the first half of it. But if I do get strong enough then I'll just take your buildings any time you ignore me and shove down your lanes whenever an objective is up while my team runs around avoiding doing anything meaningful.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    other team picked chogall in last rotation and i was last pick, so well, fuck it, here comes tychus.

tychus is the only character that can actually fight chogall. was v satisfying.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Old Azmodan was a hero who was fun for some people to play but who was annoying for literally everyone else in the game. His entire kit revolved around never being physically present anywhere and letting long-range globes and minions do all the work. Oh and please help me get stacks because otherwise I'll be fucking useless for the entire game instead of just the first half of it. But if I do get strong enough then I'll just take your buildings any time you ignore me and shove down your lanes whenever an objective is up while my team runs around avoiding doing anything meaningful.

Yeah this sums it up pretty nicely. I think overall, his new design is a LOT more healthy for the game now.

Like, after playing him a shitbunch, I 100% understand and agree with all the various nerfs they game him. Trait doubling in cd length and removal of base 25% damage aura was because that shit was ABSURD for a baseline ability and only furthered the above. It's still pretty impactful, you can still push out lanes with it and gain value during obj, and you can talent into the 25% damage aura still. That's still there if you want it.

It definitely feels more fun to play against new Azmo as well. More fair.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »

Yeah this sums it up pretty nicely. I think overall, his new design is a LOT more healthy for the game now.

Like, after playing him a shitbunch, I 100% understand and agree with all the various nerfs they game him. Trait doubling in cd length and removal of base 25% damage aura was because that shit was ABSURD for a baseline ability and only furthered the above. It's still pretty impactful, you can still push out lanes with it and gain value during obj, and you can talent into the 25% damage aura still. That's still there if you want it.

What build do you run on him? Only tried nuazmo a few times and not sure what to do. Even joining teamfights I felt like I did a lot less than I used to with him.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Frozenzen wrote: »

What build do you run on him? Only tried nuazmo a few times and not sure what to do. Even joining teamfights I felt like I did a lot less than I used to with him.

After trying a bunch of stuff out, I've settled on this: https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator/azmodan#oS3W

1-10 are locked in stone. Never not those. Wrath is extremely good, it's a very consistent source of stackage, and the 200 reward is frankly kind of insane. You get to dunk someone and then your next AA is like another dunk. Wrath marks multiple targets, and Bombardment WILL proc off on multiple Wrath-marked targets so you can REALLY chunk a team.

13 and 16 get a little more interesting. If you just want general all-purpose value, then Brutish Vanguard/Total Annihilation. However, all talents on 13/16 have equivalent winrates, so there's not even a wrong choice there. Chain of Command can be VERY good on large maps where splitpushing gains value (Cursed Hollow, Alterac, etc). Cydaea's Kiss brings that Laser burst in even faster and also gives you a nice self-heal. Hell Rift is kinda nutty with Brutish Vanguard at 13, because they're automatically slowed after the Laser ends.

But again, I recommend Brutish Vanguard/Total Annihilation.

At 20 I've come around strongly on Black Pool. I think it's probably just the best talent for him. Consider that Pride adds a flat 100 damage and increases the area by 15%... but a single tick of Black Pool outdamages Pride immediately and will do even more if they take more ticks. The -Armor is nothing to scoff at either.

Basically your goal early game is to just AA people in lane. Just keep chucking AAs, get a lot of early Wrath stacks. Dunk waves when you can, just rotate out AAs on the backline archer minions. Bombardment makes this even easier. Tide of Sin will one-shot then at a certain threshhold (~200?) but be careful below 200 because I don't quite think it will otherwise.

In teamfights, you dunk fools and then AA poor fools marked by Wrath, get your Bombardment procs out, then Laser whatever sucker's nearby. Short/midrange dunks over long range because it's much easier to avoid long range dunks now.

And make sure to AA people in teamfights. Fat stacks, yo.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    i hate chogall so much tho.

no character warps drafts like that, and on 2 lane maps i honestly don't know how he loses unless he throws.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    After two games with Yrel:

LOL this hero is so stupid

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

no character warps drafts like that, and on 2 lane maps i honestly don't know how he loses unless he throws.

I've had a lot of matches lately where like, things go poorly in the draft, but instead of complaining about it and announcing that "it's over", my teammates and just focus on the game -on the little moment-to-moment decisions we can make to gain advantage- and a lot of the time, we actually win. And even if we don't, it's a much more fun experience.

Draft-dodging the Cho'gall when we had half of our draft left to address them seems ... completely unnecessary.

• Options
    milk ducks wrote: »

I've had a lot of matches lately where like, things go poorly in the draft, but instead of complaining about it and announcing that "it's over", my teammates and just focus on the game -on the little moment-to-moment decisions we can make to gain advantage- and a lot of the time, we actually win. And even if we don't, it's a much more fun experience.

Draft-dodging the Cho'gall when we had half of our draft left to address them seems ... completely unnecessary.

i just didn't want to play it. i wasn't complaining and didn't announce it's over. i just didn't want to play against chogall on braxis holdout.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Just a heads up guys I left the Bnet chat and the in-game channel. There's this one guy (who was banned from the forums years ago) who uses both as his personal bitchfest channels and that seems to be all they are ever used for, unfortunately.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    i just didn't want to play it. i wasn't complaining and didn't announce it's over. i just didn't want to play against chogall on braxis holdout.

If there are heroes that, on certain maps, you'd rather draft dodge than deal with, maybe use one of your two up-front bans to take them out of the equation, lol.

• Options

like i'm sure we could have won. but playing against chogall is just the least satisfying experience in hots and i've been horribly sick and just didn't have a second one in the same day in me.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

If there are heroes that, on certain maps, you'd rather draft dodge than deal with, maybe use one of your two up-front bans to take them out of the equation, lol.

I mean, on Braxxis there's like five heroes you really want to first-ban. Chromie, KTZ, Genji, Cho'gall, Yrel...

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    And the hits just keep on comin' (aka: "ducks, I thought you didn't play tanks v2.0")

37589505_10156808215395864_5534221156539695104_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3e099078a307534e6ed8269c83f95315&oe=5BD9E817

milk ducks on
  • Options
    After having won the last 8 games straight, I feel like I should probably just not play again for a few days; I've somehow gained favor with the Weekend Gods ... I dare not tempt their wrath.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    i think valla is pretty good weirdly right now.

her being squishy doesn't really matter because burst damage is so impossibly high right now that everyone dies in a half second if you screw up, and she's really mobile still and can punish cc very hard.

she can't really play into raynor because he just instantly trades for 75% of her healthbar, but besides that i think she's pretty decent.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

Azprodan required no stacking help. The hardest part was maximizing your value to your team pre-10 while getting as many stacks as possible. Once you had black pool you could easily take off.

The thing is all the stuff you are complaining about there at the end weren't even Azmodunk build. The unhealthy one was laser build + demon army. You had one of those in your game you had to make sure a lane never got near one of your structures if you wanted that structure to still be around. Azmodunk didn't push that hard in person.

The change to laser was a really good change overall and they opened up some interesting builds with that and the AA talents. The problem is they did this while absolutely gutting his traditional playstyle that was actually fun and presented a real risk/reward and wasn't cheesy bullshit.

• Options
    i am sorry for bailing on that game btw, it certainly was selfish i'm not trying to excuse that.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Tempo Storm vs HeroesHearth starting up now. This series will likely determine #1 seed for NA.

• Options
    After having won the last 8 games straight, I feel like I should probably just not play again for a few days; I've somehow gained favor with the Weekend Gods ... I dare not tempt their wrath.

Eight?! Dude, I called it good after one, lol.

Playing with fire, dude.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options

Playing with fire, dude.

I know, man. I know. I've been playing in short bursts, though, which has helped a lot. Like if I hop on and I score a quick win? That's cool; I'll take my win and go do something else for a bit. Then I'll come back later, maybe win another couple, then dip out. I suppose, if I had been losing games, I'd keep playing just because that's how shit goes, but because I've been winning so often, it feels a lot better to go out while I'm still on top. Makes it easier to take a break for a bit.

Also, just with regard to the tank thing: I actually kind of made it my unofficial Hots New Years resolution to get better with Warriors this year. Because I've always gravitated toward the off-lane position, I've obviously always been strong on like, Sonya, and my Artanis is surprisingly strong I think, for the one map I ever play him on. But I've definitely been working on Dehaka (and I think that's paid off really well), along with Firebat, Leoric and some others. Stitches has been seeing a lot more play, just because double-bans mean a lot of the higher-priority tanks like Johanna are seeing bans now, and I strongly feel like my Stitches has always been pretty competitive. I've probably been putting the most work into learning Diablo, though. But yeah -- tank's been very good to me lately, and I definitely feel like it's a role I'm developing into at a pretty successful rate. Feels good.

I definitely still prefer to be the "off-tank" in most scenarios, playing beefy pick-off warriors like Dehaka and Stitches, and my Sonya's still strong, but I'm coming around to a lot more tanks lately and it's been awesome.

• Options
    hhe feels a lot better than TS in teamfights.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    hhe feels a lot better than TS in teamfights.

It's a subjective impression but I feel like Glaurung is just not on the same page as the rest of the team a lot of the time.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    #khroenwastheproblem

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    finish this draft. tomb of the spider queen. they have tracer, malfurion, diablo, leoric, kael'thas. we have: yrel, deckard, tassadar, muradin.

you have been showing zuljin for the entire draft.

do you A. pick zuljin

or B. snap butcher

if you picked b, you instantly lost the game hooray yay so fun wowwww.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    snap murky, obviously

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    at least we would have had some waveclear with a snap murky.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

Playing with fire, dude.

I know, man. I know. I've been playing in short bursts, though, which has helped a lot. Like if I hop on and I score a quick win? That's cool; I'll take my win and go do something else for a bit. Then I'll come back later, maybe win another couple, then dip out. I suppose, if I had been losing games, I'd keep playing just because that's how shit goes, but because I've been winning so often, it feels a lot better to go out while I'm still on top. Makes it easier to take a break for a bit.

Remember when you would give me shit for leaving after a couple of wins?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

• Options

Playing with fire, dude.

Remember when you would give me shit for leaving after a couple of wins?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I honestly think playing in short bursts is the best way to do it, just in terms of like, mental health.

I find that the longer my play sessions go on, the... worse I get? Or, the likelihood increases, perhaps.

If I play 3 games and lose 2, it's not that big a deal, I can shake that off.

If I play 10 games and lose 8, I'm about to fucking knife somebody.

So most days I just play a few games and get a few wins in and it's all gravy. I end on a high note and log off in a positive mood.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Just a FYI, anyone sees me on late at night or we play against each other etc or on the same team I am most likely blitzed and apologize for my terrible play.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    it is staggering to me that they haven't touched raynor at all.

62% QM, 59% HL, 61% UR with the highest popularity by far in all 3 modes. he's probably the most broken hero since release maiev. honestly probably actually the most broken hero since release li-ming since he's also extremely easy to play. all the other broken releases have at least been vaugely difficult to play. raynor is potato easy to effectively be a walking oneshot cannon.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I am so close to having a desk again so that I can play this goddamn game.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    I love reading drama on reddit about people who were "unjustly" punished for being toxic or afk. This last round has a guy claiming that he was punished for being a "high volume player", as though playing a ton of games somehow means getting suspended is inevitable.

I play this game pretty much every day and I have literally never been silenced or suspended. I have gotten the leaver penalty exactly once due to an ISP disconnect during draft. And anyone who has ever played with me knows that I am not shy about talking in voice or in chat. The chance that you got suspended and are one of the unlucky handful of people who are on the tail of the distribution, rather than just being a toxic shitlord, is almost nil.

The best part is that this guy posted replays as "proof" that he wasn't toxic, when in fact they showed the exact opposite.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Best part is now people have uploaded those replays and added music and other silly effects.

https://youtu.be/_GwIjdGx9N8

And legit the guy is only really afk a couple times for a few seconds, however he does a whole lot of standing around doing nothing while typing to his team all the things they are doing wrong; then is not helpful or aware of what his teammates are doing around him ever, so no surprise that they all reported him

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Die6Z4mUwAAmhKH.jpg

Our Varian goes CS despite being the only one who can tank and we lose pretty fucking hard

"i guess this is what happens when we don't have a tank", i say

"hello" he says

"you're CS, you're not a tank."

"we have no damage."

"everyone on our team is outdamaging you."

"i'm not damage"

I mean he was right, our comp was dogshit, and I was probably just looking for someone to blame, but. Still.

Schrödinger's Varian.

Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    That was well worth my 14:31.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I love reading drama on reddit about people who were "unjustly" punished for being toxic or afk. This last round has a guy claiming that he was punished for being a "high volume player", as though playing a ton of games somehow means getting suspended is inevitable.

I play this game pretty much every day and I have literally never been silenced or suspended. I have gotten the leaver penalty exactly once due to an ISP disconnect during draft. And anyone who has ever played with me knows that I am not shy about talking in voice or in chat. The chance that you got suspended and are one of the unlucky handful of people who are on the tail of the distribution, rather than just being a toxic shitlord, is almost nil.

The best part is that this guy posted replays as "proof" that he wasn't toxic, when in fact they showed the exact opposite.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

There's actually something kinda interesting that came out of this whole thing too, I saw someone post a thread on Reddit saying like "yeah man i'm kind of a toxic player sometimes, but seeing this whole thing? i'm gonna change my ways."

Sometimes, when I have a bad game, I get a lil'... yknow, uh, let's say "testy" with the particular teammate(s) causing the problems. Not toxic, but I definitely get upset/angry with them. Stuff like "why" or "come on, man" or "are you serious", that kinda stuff. It doesn't really escalate beyond that, or anything, but that's the extent of what happens. And sometimes I wonder if people report me for that. Maybe, maybe not. But either way, I've never been silenced or suspended or anything...

BUT. I watched all that lulsy drama unfold, and that video, and that other thread about the toxic dude changing his ways and it made me think. I had an Azmo game where I got pretty upset at our Auriel for a) not only taking Resurrect but b) Ressing me into the entire middle of the enemy team just for me to die again. And again, I got pretty upset. I asked them why they took Res, and they replied "i just wanted to try it out, idk" and, in my frustration I wrote out something like "well now you know, it's bad, don't take it next time."

At the end of the game, we won, and they wrote "gg, sorry for trolling" and it kinda made me think like, yeah maybe I should tone it down. Because while I haven't been silenced or anything, that doesn't mean it's okay to do, either. It's understandable that I get upset like that, we all do, we all have games where we're doing well and then just like oneee person makes it go awry, but. I feel like I should probably reel it in anyway.

Because let's be honest, there's only a few steps removed between what I'm doing and what that person is doing (uh, well, a LOT of steps removed, but you know what I mean).

I think I just gotta learn to accept that L, man. Just gotta accept that, this is what's happening, and getting upset with my teammates is NOT going to change anything. They aren't suddenly going to realize "oh, wow, you're right, i've been playing badly this whole time but your rousing speech has suddenly unlocked my INNER POWERS and now i am ready to CARRY THE GAME". I simply got unlucky.

I think I will just keep those thoughts to myself. Because it helps no one. And when someone fucks up, they know. And yelling at them isn't going to make things better. I've been on that other side of the fence before and it feels fucking awful getting yelled at for making a huge fuck-up when you already know.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I’ve been told “you’re welcome for the carry” or “gg, team too heavy” by the guy with 12 deaths, so, no, they dont know.

But not much good to tell them so shrug.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Some highlights of that video that get lost in the edit are that a lot of the times, that guy is making the right call, but his team keeps trying to fight without him, so they just keep feeding.

They have an abathur comp into garrosh/Varian so they shouldn't fight mid, so even being afk early he gets to the bot wave at the correct time to soak, but it doesn't matter cause his teammates want to fight, so they lose without him, probably still would have lost with him.

He doesn't defend against dragon Knight even though he is the ranged dps, and tries to soak to 10 so they can actually fight, someone needs to, tbf aba probably would have gotten it but I understand why he did it, team still tries to fight pre 10 and dies, so now that they have 10 he just stays and pushes since he can't actually fight if he backs anyway.

But his teammates don't really pick up on any of that and he complains none stop to them.

I'm there with you on learning to be less frustrated with teammates; having played a lot more as a 5 stack; you just gotta expect nothing resembling it in solo queue.

2nd game of HL placements I take yrel early, team doesn't draft a real tank, doesn't ban garrosh so he walks right into us, and our banner, who hasn't completed all then placement games in 4 seasons, takes vera and the non-vp ult. We get crushed. Teammates all give him crap, I probably gave him some to, but maybe he is trying to get back into the game, what do I know. All I know is I shouldn't expect to win that game, work on being happy with that

PSN SeGaTai