As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Forsaken Drops Today!

GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles PaesanoRegistered User regular
edited September 2018 in Games and Technology
What makes a Guardian… a Guardian? We take our first breath with no memory of who we were before – yet we are inexorably drawn to the Light. We fight, we die… and we live again. We know that we were chosen for a reason by something greater than ourselves. For as deep and wide as humanity’s rivers have run, it has now been reduced to a precious few, needing something to believe in… and a place to call home. This is what we have been called to – the future that we fight for. The future we will protect.

Shaped by the fires of each new battle, we are forged and sharpened into what we must become for the fight ahead.

What we have built is only the beginning – a symbol of what we can achieve, of who we are and our great purpose here. But the day may come when we will be tested. When all we hold dear is threatened. And then, we will see what each of us is truly made of.

vb63c58xrd5a.png

Destiny 2: Penny Arcade G&T Saves the Universe and Everything in It, No, Seriously, I Know It Looks like We’re Losing but Everything Is Under Control, We Promise is an online multiplayer action role-playing sci-fi-fantasy first-person shooter for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC and the second title in Bungie and Activision’s ten-year, zillion-dollar Destiny franchise. It’s MMO-like – think gear collection (and dress-up), skill trees and specs, party play, raiding, and PvP – with rock-solid gunplay and wondrous, gorgeous worlds to explore. Beyond all of that, it’s also home to the best damn community in gaming: Pax Arcadia, our systems-spanning network of clans.

A Little History: Our Story So Far
In Year One of Destiny, the Wise and Noble Guardians of PA traveled through space and time in defense of Human, Awoken, and Exo, rising to meet every challenge and ultimately emerging from a year's worth of adventures bearing the spoils of war and the bounty of exotic weapons, sturdy and stylish armor, fortune, and fame. Through our bravery and dedication, we defended The Tower from all who would see it leveled to the ground. Our legend reached the farthest battlefields of the Crucible. We earned the favor of the Queen and protected her Reef from enemies seeking to tear it apart.

At times, our successes seemed inevitable, almost routine. We traveled backward and forward through time; we crushed our foes underfoot in encounter after encounter; we destroyed the heart of a god - more than once. We plumbed the depths of the Dark Below, face-to-hideous-face with Crota, Hive Prince and Son of Oryx. In time, he fell like the rest. We took his wretched, cursed husk and held it aloft as a trophy.

In Year Two, we braved the Dreadnaught, a terrifying frontier, and we beat back the Taken, a twisted menace. We competed against our fellow Guardians in brutal bloodsport, sharpening ourselves into efficient, highly coordinated soldiers of the Light. We returned to the Prison of Elders and tore through its denizens, leaving our mark on its every arena. We remained relentless, undeterred, in the face of overwhelming odds, and together we struck down Oryx, the Taken King. He refused to tolerate our insolence; we refused to tolerate his existence.

In Year Three, Fallen mutants, scavenging the tombs of the Golden Age, unleashed a plague of unimaginable corruption on our world. Grotesque new foes bore down upon the walls of the Last City, challenging us to adapt or perish. Lord Saladin called us to take up the mantle of the Iron Lords, and we obliged. We honored their legacy by rediscovering their history and celebrating a noble, long-buried tradition.

Now, as we enter a new era, our greatest-ever threat emerges from the Darkness to meet us: Dominus Ghaul, leader of the Cabal’s Red Legion. Ghaul believes that the Traveler erred in bestowing the Light upon us; as we begin our journey in Destiny 2, he and his forces will assail the Tower, corrupt the Traveler, and scatter us to the wilds, beyond the relative safety of our city’s walls. For the first time ever, we will enter a world without Light.

But we will enter it together, Guardians. And it will not be dark for long.

szuuy5gycpri.png

Clan Update (April 10, 2018): We have three separate clan pages on Bungie.net (complete with general chat wall and LFG channels!) for PlayStation, Xbox and PC Arcadians. To join up on your specific platform, please PM @GMaster7 (PS4), @ObiFett (Xbox) or @shryke (PC) and let us know your PSN/Xbox/Battle.net ID and your Bungie.net ID - and add yourself to the bottom of the Mega-Roster (linked below) for your platform of choice. Then, use the below links to send a join request to your platform's clan on Bungie.net. We're looking for players who will be active in-game and here in the thread, so general policy is to keep an eye on inactivity through this excellent tool developed by our very own @Muffinatron (Holy-Promethium) - and to make room for active players when possible. Because we're at war with Bungie's 100-person cap, membership is restricted to forumers.
Pax Arcadia Mega-Roster Spreadsheet
Pax Arcadia (PS4)
Pax Arcadia Prime (Xbox One)
Pax-Arcadia (PC)

PC Arcadians: We also have a clan channel within the PA Discord server!

Other PA PS4 Clans
Pax Chardcadia (PS4 Overflow)
SE++ Clan

Find teammates with The100.io!
If you're looking for teammates for any activity in D1 or D2, check out PA's console-specific groups on The100.io, right here:
Pax Arcadia - PS4 (Contact @Celian, @Marikir and/or @Dajoran)
Pax Arcadia - Xbox One (Contact @ObiFett, @awsimo and/or @dinoarus)
Pax Arcadia - PC (Contact @3clipse)

Useful Links and Utilities
We will use this space to compile links to miscellaneous sites and tools as we prepare for and dive into the launch of D2. Please feel free to PM or @ me in the thread at any time if you would like to contribute a useful resource or utility to the OP.
Destiny Item Manager: Move items between characters and keep track of your gear and inventory.
DestinyTracker: Track your stats, plus leaderboards, activity listings, and vendors.

mfua5ptrphdo.png

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
GMaster7 on

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I suppose we should consider removing the Destiny DB link at the bottom of the OP since that site no longer exists

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Maybe replace it with:
    wlhqxq15a4ml.jpg
    For the next month and a half it's relevant for at least.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    K, will do that very soon. Good suggestions.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Taking the Crimson for a PvE spin, yes, this is fine. Hits like a truck, huge range for a cannon (even without the catalyst), and the health + reload on kill perk, I can make this work.

Hell, I counted more than 60 trigger pulls without a manual/animated reload, c'est magnifique.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Taking the Crimson for a PvE spin, yes, this is fine. Hits like a truck, huge range for a cannon (even without the catalyst), and the health + reload on kill perk, I can make this work.

Hell, I counted more than 60 trigger pulls without a manual/animated reload, c'est magnifique.

If you can get some Escalation Protocol going, I've seen the Crimson Catalyst drop there several times.

You'd also get a shot at getting another couple of S-tier PvE guns, the IKELOS_SG_v1.0.1 Shotgun is one of the most coveted guns in the game right now for good reason.

300px-IKELOS_Shotgun.jpg

There is also an IKELOS sniper that is basically a legendary version of the exotic D.A.R.C.I with the same damage and you can even change the elemental property on it. (Void is good so Tractor Cannon will be able to boosts its damage.)

Then there is the IKELOS SMG... Its still an SMG so it sucks.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    After being killed by EP weapons all week I think I need to do some of that

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    I got the crimson catalyst this weekend while we were doing EP.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Getting on to do my last minute weekly comp matches. If anyone wants to party up they'd be most welcome.

• Options
    Beat a teabagger in Quickplay, he messaged me calling me 'bad'

I said "you lost to guy using Fighting Lion lol"

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular

But fighting lion is amazing...

616610-1.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    So we went on a 7 game loss streak after the Comp changes hit. My whole group has gotten discouraged to the point of giving up, but not me!

I’ve played 3 games solo now and I am so clearly the worst player in each match. Last game had a guy with 116 flawless runs on enemy team and a guy with 2.91 kda emblem on mine. I’m 2-1 cuz I just find the best guy on my team and follow him around and jump in front of bullets for him lol.

Wtf did they do to the matchmaking??

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Disrupter wrote: »

It is but it's a skill weapon so I flexed on him

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »

It is but it's a skill weapon so I flexed on him

Should've home runned him, that's my new favorite emote. The bat flip at the end really makes it work.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    So we went on a 7 game loss streak after the Comp changes hit. My whole group has gotten discouraged to the point of giving up, but not me!

I’ve played 3 games solo now and I am so clearly the worst player in each match. Last game had a guy with 116 flawless runs on enemy team and a guy with 2.91 kda emblem on mine. I’m 2-1 cuz I just find the best guy on my team and follow him around and jump in front of bullets for him lol.

they "fixed it" so you will be matched with people of similar glory/valor more often

• Options
    Next game...enemy team has a 2.11 and 2.46 kd emblem. The cool thing is it’s forcing me to up my play. On a 3 game comp win streak now.

• Options
    Also, a cannon with an ammo reserve of 540 is bananas.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

It's a lot less a handcannon and more mini Pulse

• Options

It's a lot less a handcannon and more mini Pulse

True, but I've never had a pulse that can crit like this badboy. It hits for 20 points higher on precision shots than any kinetic pulse rifle I've ever had.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Yeah the trade-off is range, it murders up close but losses at a distance

• Options
    edited July 2018
    ObiFett wrote: »

they "fixed it" so you will be matched with people of similar glory/valor more often

Im at 1100-1200 glory. I would think these guys would have to be well above that but maybe not. Consistently matching both with and against top 1% players seems quite off.

I am like, an above average player at best.

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    There's def something fucky going on with Comp right now, TBH I just wish maybe they had something like a Mercy boon or something to minimize those early losses. Going win-loss-win-loss is more detrimental than ever due to these new changes.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    So prestige raid lairs highlight how underpowered certain weapon archetypes are, like big time.

You basically have unlimited heavy ammo and yet grenade launchers still suck at killing things.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    There's def something fucky going on with Comp right now, TBH I just wish maybe they had something like a Mercy boon or something to minimize those early losses. Going win-loss-win-loss is more detrimental than ever due to these new changes.

OK I looked through my match history on destinytracker and yeah...all those guys were around 1100 glory.

I am the 15,000th highest player or so with my 1176 glory points. Contrast that with my overall K/D rank, which puts me at around rank 1,000,000!

The playlist might just not be big enough for a true ranked mode :(

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    What sucks about this is my regular group of 4 likely can't play comp together anymore. We just aren't good enough to compete with 4 top tier players on the enemy team. Not without losing a huge number of games to drop our rank down to something more manageable I guess.

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    It's also the same issue with any rank system with losses so heavily weighted; this is why I stopped playing Comp in Overwatch, it's literally sisyphean and really demoralizing.

• Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    You can join our Competitive crew on the ship of fools!
    We don't always Lose, but when we Win, we promptly Lose again!

• Options
    edited July 2018
    It pretty much only benefits the strongest PvP players and keeps middle-of-pack players in a constant state of frustration. We've been grinding for a while and we like Crucible but it's hard not to come away with a bad taste most nights. It's to the point where even Trials is more fun.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    There was a small thing I quite liked in my comp matches tonight. It was countdown on Eternity, and during several of our rounds on defense Zombie Ghandi and I had moved up just far enough to get eyes on purple box and engaged the enemies from that cover position when they went to it. It was usually just two of them and two of us while the rest of our teams were covering other areas, and the gunfight would usually last for a little bit of a back and forth. Then one round the enemy team got clever, and after they put their first few bursts in, they snuck away from purple box without us noticing and backed up the rest of their team and were able to take out our other two before we could get to them. Next defense round Ghandi and I started to do the same thing again, but then I realized what we were doing and instead rushed all the way along the right to get a close flank on purple box. Took out both of them. One of them had started running before I'd even got there, so I think they were trying to pull the same strategy again, but because of my push he didn't have a chance. Not the flashiest story, but I love when those intersections of tactics and head games come into play.

Anyway, partied up with @Local H Jay, @Zombie Gandhi, and @Peen for this week's matches. Won the first match pretty handily, lost the second 2-4. Third match we got matched with the team from the second match again, which was worrying. We'd gotten some good hits in in match 2, so it wasn't hopeless, but they'd still beaten us once before. We won 6-5, and it was a fine match, strong plays from both of our teams. Been a couple weeks since I got anything better than 1W2L from my comp matches, so thanks, guys!

cB557 on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Last comp match of the night, 4 wormhusk Arcstriders on the other team because of course, we got down early and clawed back to 5-5 and, well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OkOK3V10SU

• Options
    edited July 2018
    That was so truly badass

We were down 2-4 and really though we had lost but somehow pulled it out. those last two rounds were crazy.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Peen wrote: »
    Last comp match of the night, 4 wormhusk Arcstriders on the other team because of course, we got down early and clawed back to 5-5 and, well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OkOK3V10SU

I haven't teabagged someone in...... well maybe ever. But that match I vented frustration and bagged after we started our comeback, so I am glad you clutched that ending. Cause otherwise I would have felt like a jerk.

Clearly it was my once per 5 year teabag that won us that match, not your Havoc. Clearly.

Zombie Gandhi on
  • Options
    That is breathtaking.

• Options
    in a game of Rock Shotgun Smash, guess who won?
    https://youtu.be/C5Fwh7ttPnQ

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Yeah the trade-off is range, it murders up close but losses at a distance

The Masterwork version adds some more range to it. It has been my weapon of choice for a while here. Gonna have to trade off to power level all these other catalysts I've been getting though (Sturm, Sunshot, Vigilance Wing, Tractor Cannon).

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    The completionist in me discovered https://www.d2checklist.com/ a while back. With all that downtime while waiting for access to the Whisper quest, I've been seeking out all the scannables and other things. There are a few in the Playstation-exclusive area, mocking me, so I glitched into it.

This giant water cube is one of the weirdest, coolest things I've seen.
    DOHh6tA.png
    8h1KqIW.png

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    As an aside / continuance from the old thread, sullying the glory of the Crimson (with the look / reminder of Red Death) with whatever it is that Tess is selling is criminal.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    As an aside / continuance from the old thread, sullying the glory of the Crimson (with the look / reminder of Red Death) with whatever it is that Tess is selling is criminal.

Some of us know who to actually clean guns.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular

You will be purged or left behind when Dead Orbit finally accomplishes our goals....

Or whatever. Yay factions.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I think the one advantage d2 rank system will have over halo is the season resets. Yes, you’ll hit your ceiling and maybe marginally improve as you get better, but next season you get a fresh start and can see if your ceiling got higher

Even compared to overwatch the full reset will at least allow middle tier players a few weeks of climbing each season before they max out.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »

You will be purged or left behind when Dead Orbit finally accomplishes our goals....

Or whatever. Yay factions.

Sorry, currently a Space Fascist. Gotta keep those tools of the Emperor shiny and ready to bring low the xeno scum.

This discussion has been closed.