As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] my memes have transcended dreams

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Oh you can leave.

You can damn well leave.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I've encountered a HL problem, which may sound arrogant, but isn't meant to be. I feel like I have to Tank (Garrosh/ETC/Muradin) in order to control engages. Even more important though is when pulling out of fights.

I'm finding that at Silver, Assassins are the least "thinking" roles players can choose. Not saying they aren't important or mindless, but often times I see us lose fights because people "see red" and continue fighting over nothing. It happens to the best of us, especially when you see that low health bar, but usually isn't the right play. When I'm not on Tanks, I can't convince my team to disengage. When I am on Tank, I can ping retreat and just leave the fight, which usually makes them follow suit.

Of course, this could be that I'm focusing too much on my the last game I played before bed last night. I was first pick, and the enemy team let Raynor through. I had to take him because he's too good. We ended up with solo Tank Diablo who just kept going in, not only without back-up but on the wrong target. The enemy Johanna had a field day on us and my team got all salty because we kept dying over nothing.

Am I weird for feeling like this? I'm assuming similar things happen at higher levels too, but maybe the Tanks are smarter about the engages.

This is why I have a hard time with HL, I feel like I always have to be support and I don't like playing support but if I don't then we wont have one and lose.

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

First teaser. My guess is imperius because it looks vaguely high heavensy from d3 and anduin is too obvious.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Doesn't look that much like the D3 Heavens to me. I dunno about the Alliance and their (crap) aesthetic though.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Collection price update should hit today, right? It's been two weeks since the update.
    I want to pay less Doritos for my warchrome skins!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    /raises hand

I will always happily play support so if you don't wanna play support bring me with you I guess

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    I HOPE IT'S IMPERIUS SO FUCKING BAD THOUGH

If it’s not d3 it could be some sort of dominion looking sc2 throne roomy sort of thing, so maybe mensk or whatever.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    He's the last hero I can think of that I'm actively excited about.

It's probably fucking Anduin, though, to coincide with the BfA launch.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Why are you excited about Imperius?

(That's my way of saying I have no idea who that is and I'm trying to fish for information in a way that you are hopefully excited to discuss :P )

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Kime uses LORENADO on ducks

It's super effective!

I always love lore dumps :D

Steam profile
    There's not a big lore reason that I like Imperius, I just think he's bad ass and that he's criminally under-utilized in Diablo 3. He's the archangel of valor.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    I don't know, guys. Nothing about that screams Anduin/Alliance to me. The colors are wrong and just that door looks too ... NON fantasy? It's quite perfect and clean that I'm leaning towards Imperius as well. Alarak could use a buddy anyway (they strike me as the type to get along. Each other's wing man or something).

Yeah the purple is a little off for the alliance. I can see the Dominion, though.

Which human nation uses purple as it's color? Alterac? I think they might have been orange. And I'm not certain anyone's clamoring for Aiden Perenolde as a playable hero lol. His trait would be desertion, lol.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I’m kinda leaning toward Arcturus Mengsk, kinda looks like the doors you’d expect him to have in his palace.

Yeah that is all kinds of Mengsk in the coloring, etc..

Either that or his son, Valerian.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    Dalaran was purple

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    I do think it looks more like Starcraft than anything else. Mengsk is the only character that comes to mind.

Yeah at this point, I'm guessing it's one of the Mengsk boys.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    The only point against Mengsk I saw that did give me pause is that apparently SC doors mostly slide open where as this has obvious door handles? Space conquerors ain't got time for no manual doors!

... still could be Mengsk since its been awhile for a SC hero.

The colors are too dark to be an angel Diablo thing, and the lines are too straight and "mechanical" to be Warcraft.

That's the main reason I say SC.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    It's obviously Deathwing, guys.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    The first vibe I got from it was Warhammer, so I guess by default StarCraft is the closest Blizz property.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

d.va skin

aeNqQM9.jpg

Any patch notes?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

the door opens up

there's a magnificent golden light........................

and it's genji

the new hero is genji

they're just adding genji to the game again. two genjis. nothing even different about them. just two genjis.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    It's obv Pharah. Her trait is to fly for 5 seconds and become untargetable. 7 second cooldown.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    It's McCree. When you play McCree you control movement with wasd and shoot with your mouse. Headshots do double damage. He's a hard cho'gall counter.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    It's July 2018, man. The only cho'gall counter is banning Alex.

milk ducks wrote: »
    It's July 2018, man. The only cho'gall counter is banning Alex.

Wait why is Alex the current OP-support-of-the-month for Cho'Gall?

Steam profile
    Life Binder buff

Everyone in NGS keeps telling me that Life Binder sucks.

Yet we see a lot of enemy teams take Life Binder.
    I don't know much about Alex other than that big circle is a big'ol AOE saying "shoot here".

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    MMMig wrote: »

Yeah they're wrong as fuck, lol.
    It's easily as good as her other ult now.

Yet we see a lot of enemy teams take Life Binder.
    I don't know much about Alex other than that big circle is a big'ol AOE saying "shoot here".

It got a buff relatively recently, pretty sure we've mentioned it being a lot better since then. Cleansing Flame is still really really hard to pass, though, it's just very good. It's just that Life Binder is actually viable now, and not solely a troll pick :P

Steam profile
    Honestly if the enemy team drafts Cho'gall / Alex, your only real play is to dive past Cho'gall onto Alex because you're not killing him while she's alive. I mean, you can, but you have to kill him twice. And after 20, you have to kill him like 4 times lol.

they're both good.

i still prefer cleansing flame but life binder works great when it works.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Any patch notes?

Also, so, no patch today

But that's not to say it won't happen tomorrow

Balance patches usually happen on Wednesdays/Thursdays I think?

HOPIN' THEY BUFF MY BIG CRAB BOY AZMO THO

HE DOESN'T REALLY FEEL LIKE HE NEEDS IT BUT I'LL TAKE IT ROFL

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582