As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Phalla Signup List

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    @AustinP0027 and I are working on a phalla as we speak.

If all goes according to plan, we will be posting signups next week.

The game will begin on Monday, June 18.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I've got what I feel like is a fun idea for a small-ish game, so put me down for "on deck" unless there's already a waiting list.

AustinP0027 and I are still looking for a couple more reserves, so if anyone is interested please let us know.

Need at least two players, if possible!

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    I'm looking for someone who would be interested in partnering up to help run a game, potentially with a "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" theme.

Specifically, I'd really like someone with a flair and enjoyment for writing Narration. I've always struggled with it in the past, and it's one of my least favorite parts of running a game. I wouldn't mind a quick review of mechanics, but I am generally much more confident on that sort of thing. If you're interested, please let me know!

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm down. I love writing narrations.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    Perfect! Thanks Sir Fab!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I should hope the narrations would be sung by rockapella.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

38thDoe wrote: Β»
    I should hope the narrations would be sung by rockapella.

It is a source of constant friction in my marriage that my wife does not recognize when I have made a rockapella reference.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Anyone going soon?

38thDoE on steam

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Hey, everyone?

Apparently Zetaboards- provider of free forums for mafia and network alike- is being rolled into Tapatalk. So if you start a game and provide a Zetaboard, don't be surprised if it suddenly makes a copy and redirects you to a Tapatalk forum instead.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Hey, everyone?

Apparently Zetaboards- provider of free forums for mafia and network alike- is being rolled into Tapatalk. So if you start a game and provide a Zetaboard, don't be surprised if it suddenly makes a copy and redirects you to a Tapatalk forum instead.

...what happened to Proboards?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Mafia is too lazy to make boards anyways. :p

38thDoE on steam

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
    Anyone doing Phalla anytime soon? I wanted to try and do one before the middle of August. After then I will be busy till around the end of September because I will be getting married and going on my honeymoon!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    MamaWolf wrote: Β»
    After then I will be busy till around the end of September because I will be getting married and going on my honeymoon!!

Probably getting married to some dumb jerk, is my guess

edited July 2018
    Anyone doing Phalla anytime soon? I wanted to try and do one before the middle of August. After then I will be busy till around the end of September because I will be getting married and going on my honeymoon!!
    I can! I was hoping to be done with my phallabot, but work got in the way. So I'll do it the old fashioned way.

jdarksun on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Green wrote: Β»
    After then I will be busy till around the end of September because I will be getting married and going on my honeymoon!!

Probably getting married to some dumb jerk, is my guess

I don't know, managing usually has a pretty good nose.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular

A poor excuse for inactivity.
    Vote or die!

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    so is 20 the avg. number nowadays for phalla for those balancing? Kinda seems that way but wanted to double check it wasnt lower

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    p. sure you just open signups and then create a role list like 5 mins before sending out PMs

But yes.

Actually with the spam filter its best to make up the roles as you send them out. I miss the days that you could get a game started in less than (Number of players/2) minutes.

38thDoE on steam

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Actually with the spam filter its best to make up the roles as you send them out. I miss the days that you could get a game started in less than (Number of players/2) minutes.

Yeah, if you pre-type the role PMs you'll get banged by the filter at least once as you c&p to send them out.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I feel like someone has to have done a Danganronpa theme, right?

wVEsyIc.png
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular

Often talked about, never actually happened I don't think.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular

Often talked about, never actually happened I don't think.

Good, I'm aspiring to fix that.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2018
    Lets all be happy in here.
    a1Re6b3.png

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

If anyone is lurking out there, I'd be happy to have some reserves for my game. Thank you!

38thDoE on steam

Still looking for replacements! Thank you!

38thDoE on steam

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I can be a replacement

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    if you're still in need, i haven't played in a while but want to get back in so i can be replacement or just join next game

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
    I will grab you for a reserve in case we need it. Thank you!

38thDoE on steam

Big Trouble in the World Tree has ended with a Traveler Victory.
    Detractors would say an "Evil One" Victory. What is Evil though? Is Evil doing what is necessary to survive and have offspring? Maybe if it requires killing and/or transforming your neighbors into monsters.

38thDoE on steam

I was going to do a Big Trouble in Little China game but apparently they took it off of Netflix.
    I'm thinking of putting something else together soon if anyone wants to look things over.

38thDoE on steam

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    So announcing a bit prematurely: A Very Phalla Halloween

Been wanting to do a Halloween game for a few years O_O , but never really got around to it. Think I have enough time now though and should have it up in October....

Do the forums merge for Halloween? I don't think so but I forget.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Egos wrote: Β»
    So announcing a bit prematurely: A Very Phalla Halloween

Been wanting to do a Halloween game for a few years O_O , but never really got around to it. Think I have enough time now though and should have it up in October....

Do the forums merge for Halloween? I don't think so but I forget.

No merge has been done for Halloween in the ~10 years I've been here at least :P

Looking forward to the game!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Yo yo party people. I want to be careful about not just pulling some advertisement shit here, but I figure we posted about a mafia championship last year so I would mention something hereabouts.

I was invited to join a mafia league that hopes to turn competitive mafia into a streamable sport. They've invited active members from a variety of different communities (in-person, video, forums obviously) and are putting a $2000 prize pool on the line.

The format is... very different from how things are done here, but I've been playing some "preseason" games for the past couple weeks. Participants essentially play in a conference call with commentators filling in gaps for the audience during the night phase. Games typically last about an hour.

I'm wary of posting links here without anyone saying they want me to, but I'd be thrilled if you wanted to watch my meteoric rise to the top. I guess you can PM me if you want info?

Sorry I am excited about this I want to earn money by playing a party game.

Edit: I guess I should clarify that the intent is for me to represent this community and draw new active players to engage in the game as a whole. This isn’t just me posting a personal, private thing.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    I’d just post the links here if you are going to post that much on it.

38thDoE on steam

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    So long as you’re not incentivized to share it then I’d go ahead myself.

OrokosPA.png