As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You play video games on a [Nintendo], right?

MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNBREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
I didn't see anyone making a new thread so here it is. Talk about Nintendo stuff.

I just preordered Dead Cells for Switch, so I'm excited for that! Also, Enter The Gungeon is quite good at Switch even though I'm terribad at it.

I guess Nintendo also makes games for their own system, I guess?

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    That preorder reduced price for Dead Cells on Switch is really tempting me to double dip. I played a good amount of it last May when it was released in early Access and had to stop myself from burning out before its full release.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I was really resistant to double dipping, but I managed to trade in one of our copies of Fire Emblem Warriors for exactly the amount it would cost to get a $20 Nintendo eshop card, so I figured hell, we'll still have a copy of Fire Emblem Warriors if we want to play that, and then I can get Dead Cells with no guilt over spending too much money or something.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Yeah, had a similar thing where last week Wario64 tweeted that Facebook/eBay save $10 off a $10.01 purchase that worked for prepaid cards, so "technically" it'd only be 10 dollars for me to have portable Dead Cells.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Captain Toad is a real nice time killer. Great way to burn twenty minutes before work every day and not having to worry about where you left off.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I'm currently finishing up Dark Souls 3 on ps4, but then I've got octopatch, zelda... bonus stuff in rabbids and darkest dungeon... having mario kart on hand... dead cells and hollow knight...

Switch is rapidly becoming my favorite console

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Might end up getting Capt. Toad after all. The demo is fun.

As soon as Hollow Knight gets a physical release, I'll be grabbing that. Salt and Sanctuary looks fun too.

After that, Pokemon Eevee and maybe Smash are my next buys and VC4 whenever that's out

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I'm curious to see how mario party turns out

all I've really heard about is the character specific dice, but that sounded cool

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    liEt3nH.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think the next thing I'm really down for on the Switch is Okami HD since I never got to play any of the previous releases of it

Also oops I've still only played like 10 minutes of Mario Tennis Aces

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I think the next thing I'm really down for on the Switch is Okami HD since I never got to play any of the previous releases of it

Also oops I've still only played like 10 minutes of Mario Tennis Aces

I'd get it if it was a physical release

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I've realized that Switch is the platform I need for Metroidvania style games

I fell off of Hollow Knight like 3 hours in when it came out on PC, but having it on a platform where I can chip away at it in 20 minute increments just whenever makes it so much easier

which is why I look at Guacamelee 2 and am just a lil bummed right now

6F32U1X.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I have about 4 million games on my switch and none are physical copies

He's doing the physical only thing because of his experiences with the Wii U Keith, afaik.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    He's doing the physical only thing because of his experiences with the Wii U Keith, afaik.

Oh I'm not judging, and I understand completely!

Naphtali wrote: »

Oh I'm not judging, and I understand completely!

I know, just 'splainin

keithsplaining

liEt3nH.png
    My name

Is

GAAAAAAAAAAARLICCCCCCCC

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    My name

Is

GAAAAAAAAAAARLICCCCCCCC

Hey your kid was a real jerk

cdci44qazyo3.gif

gtcmmf9jwm1w.png

Wait why physical only?

edited July 2018
    Whoops double post

Grey Ghost on
    well if you have a physical copy you never have to worry about digital licensing issues and you can trade it in for a different game later if you don't like it much

liEt3nH.png
    well if you have a physical copy you never have to worry about digital licensing issues and you can trade it in for a different game later if you don't like it much

Also, unlike literally every other current system, if you lose/get a new Switch you can't just log in and download your old stuff

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I thought all you have to do is deactivate the old broken/lost/sold switch and activate the new one in your account to download all your digital shit to a new switch. Cloud saves aren’t technically a thing yet but they’re about to be.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    The next game I’m getting for Switch is Monster Hunter Generations U, even though I already bought MHXX in Japanese for Switch AND I have Monster Hunter World for PS4.

I also vastly prefer physical games which is why I’m holding off on Hollow Knight for now. I’m also planning on buying the physical version of Knights of Pen and Paper when Super Rare Games releases it.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Adeleine exists.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I’m really looking forward to MHGU. As much as I liked World, I play the most MonHun on the go, so a Switch version is great!

It will be a shame to lose some of the nice QoL stuff that World brought, though.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I am baffled by how hard the nintendo store is to navigate. I can't even find a search field on pc

edit: a search bar appears if its the US store but not if I set my region to Canada? what the fuck nintendo

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    .co.uk has a magnifying-thingy at the top.

Yeah the eshop is terrible on the switch and online, unless you're strictly looking at new releases.

• Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    they literally take the search bar away if I set my region to canada so that I can actually like, you know, see the prices of things and purchase them

this is wild

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
    The Wii U Keith was an odd product.

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I’m really looking forward to MHGU. As much as I liked World, I play the most MonHun on the go, so a Switch version is great!

It will be a shame to lose some of the nice QoL stuff that World brought, though.

Yeah there are a lot of things in World that made hunting smooth and painless but I’m tired of fighting Legiana and Anjanath over and over.

they literally take the search bar away if I set my region to canada so that I can actually like, you know, see the prices of things and purchase them

this is wild

AHAHA this is madness

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Yall the next Labo set is Pilotwings but with cars and boats and submarines and it looks amazing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI6QzU8NXFI

Nice to see they didn't quietly put Labo on the chopping block.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    labo is so weird I kinda love it

it's not really For Me™ but I like seeing what other people do with it

7yh4xczljsym.png
    labo is so weird I kinda love it

it's not really For Me™ but I like seeing what other people do with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjcNbgqXwms

liEt3nH.png
    I saw that the last DLC for Xenoblade 2 (which I'd say did a good job of justifying the cost of its season pass) dropped this week, so I figured I'd boot the game up and see what all I've missed. And discovered they patched in one of my favorite things--a robust custom difficulty menu. You can set sliders for a ton of things like enemy health, strength and frequency, buff and debuff durations, how long abilities take to recharge. Basically fine-tune the gameplay for yourself.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.