As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We're all just doing our best for our [Kids]

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Anybody else's kid suddenly become terrified of noises that were "too loud" at around 3 years old?

Fear of noises no, but that was the age he started covering his ears if things were "too loud". It was also the age when the MGM Lion scared the shit out of him when it roared. Every. Time.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    I feel like "Ghostbusters" as a name of a dog is actually pretty awesome, especially if it's big enough to be a guard dog:

When there's someone strange
    in your neighbourhood
    who you gonna call?
    Ghostbusters!

When there's someone weird
    Walkin' in your house
    who you gonna call?
    Ghostbusters!

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    She's a pomeranian/papillon mix

Knob wrote: »
    She's a pomeranian/papillon mix

Oh. So a super barky/yappy little dog. PENNY IT IS THEN! :P

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    We went down to visit our friends at their lifestyle block last weekend.

They've got chickens and 2 cows themselves, their neighbours have cows and horses and even alpacas.

The 2 cows on their property are named Bobby and Shorty.

Bobby and Shorty are due for their visit to the butcher very soon.

Cue my daughter asking me when she can go visit the BobbyShorty Cows again. On repeat.

Oh also! Tuesday was my birthday and we didn't tell Ellie because it's not a big deal. Well one of her teachers must have said something to her last night because when we got home and I started making dinner, Ellie had a surprise for me.

She came into the kitchen with a slice of her wooden birthday cake toy, complete with a candle in it, and she sang Happy Birthday to me and then made me blow out the candle.

I about cried the whole rest of the way through making dinner.

Preacher wrote: »
    Anybody else's kid suddenly become terrified of noises that were "too loud" at around 3 years old?

My son has become scared by a lot of things that didn't scare him before. But he's also an emotional terrorist and so I think he's lying half the time.

DADDY IS NOT SCARY YOU LITTLE MONSTER!

Preach, being scary is our super power. It's why "you want me to call your father" makes kids sit down and shut up.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

My son has become scared by a lot of things that didn't scare him before. But he's also an emotional terrorist and so I think he's lying half the time.

DADDY IS NOT SCARY YOU LITTLE MONSTER!

Preach, being scary is our super power. It's why "you want me to call your father" makes kids sit down and shut up.

Well this is more I go to assist him in things and he says I have to go away because I'm scary. He's negging me you see.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Jesus man, are you sleep walking and making zombie noises at night? Your wife might not be telling you so she gets to be the not scary one.

Well I do turn into a werewolf at night.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I think you found the problem. He'll come around when his wolfism kicks in.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    My day so far:

1. Wake up at 5am to transfer kiddo to boob
    2. Wake up at 6:30am to let barking dog out
    3. Stay up because I’m fucking up now
    4. Get sleepy screaming daughter st 7:15am
    5. Transfer crying baby to boob at 8:45am
    6. Drive grandma to car dealership at 10am
    7. Get back home and take screaming toddler out of bed at 11am so mommy can sleep
    8. Go get lunch and wake up mommy at 1pm
    9. Take a shower at 3pm (first in 3 days, yuck!)
    10. Take out all the trash at 4pm
    11. Write a tiring post on forums

I think I’ve earned quite a few Husband Points today.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    School pictures tomorrow!!

Yes, I know. It's only day care, not actually school.

But I care not!

She is getting a school photo taken and then we can do a package for the holidays. And it also includes a class photo with all her friends and teachers. Great for a memory book.

Her teachers and is have also agreed that she is only in nappies for sleep. She is clever enough to know hey body now.

And every since telling her that decision, she's been in panties and has been using the toilet for everything. Praise God, blessed be.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    She went out on her scooter yesterday and was like a fish in water, took to it immediately.

bloodyroarxx on
  • SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    School pictures tomorrow!!

Yes, I know. It's only day care, not actually school.

But I care not!

She is getting a school photo taken and then we can do a package for the holidays. And it also includes a class photo with all her friends and teachers. Great for a memory book.

Her teachers and is have also agreed that she is only in nappies for sleep. She is clever enough to know hey body now.

And every since telling her that decision, she's been in panties and has been using the toilet for everything. Praise God, blessed be.

Our school pictures are getting ridiculous. Last year we paid something like £40 for two 6*8 prints and a couple of keyrings. This year there were 42 photos of him to choose from and a single print would've cost £16. A single digital copy to print your own cost £20, and you could buy the lot digitally for £75.

There was one we wanted, one his Aunty wanted, one one set of Grandparents wanted and one the other set wanted, so we ended up just paying the £75 and now have a collection of 42 pictures, of which 38 of which are him grimacing and pulling his "cheese" face, with 4 nice candid ones which we've printed out. But we saved £5.

And this was his last year of nursery. Goodness knows what it's going to be like once he's in school next year.

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
    Man that's some fucking highway robbery. I think we paid like 30 bucks for a full suite of pictures at his daycare.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited July 2018
    *The Meg trailer plays on TV*
    Oldest Son: Hey dad, we're going to go see that, right?
    Me: Does a bear shit in the woods?
    Oldest Son: Where else would it poop?
    Me: Anywhere it wants.
    Oldest Son: Is that a yes?

Capt Howdy on
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular

Heck, our oldest still watches most tv/movies with his hands over his ears just in case something scary happens. (I'm honestly not kidding here, it is super annoying if he misses quieter dialog as a result and has to ask what just happened). We also had a heck of a time at the cinema before Infinity War because while, sure, movies are loud in general, trailers tend to be a concentrated section of all the loudest bits of the movies and it's just an awful lot of volume in a row.

My almost-8 year old still doesn't want to go down into the (finished) basement alone because of the sounds people make when they're walking above. Especially if it's to clean up or retrieve something.

Of course if she's told she can watch TV or play video games, she's happy to go downstairs alone and it doesn't bother her at all...!

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Mori’s mom texted us: “Have to get Niko to stop licking the floor”

I'd just be happy if my son would stop leaving crumbs on the damn floor that feed the fucking sugar ants...

"Daddy ants coming" YES THEY ARE YOU LITTLE JERK!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Crumbs? My little preciouses leave whole damned pop tarts on the floor. When I demand to know which of them left three brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts on the floor both kids look at me and shrug, in unison. As if they practiced synchronizing the shrug. The sad part is I really can't tell if its the three year old or the twelve year old, because apparently they watch CSI shows while I'm at work and realized if they tear pieces out of the tart, rather than biting them, I won't be able to compare teeth marks like Matt Hooper.

• SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    She went out on her scooter yesterday and was like a fish in water, took to it immediately.

Now you're making me feel bad... knee pads and elbow pads? We're pretty firm on helmets, and the kids wear them 99% of the time.

I never even thought about elbow/knee pads. Those actually would've helped with a fair number of scrapes the kids have had. Doh.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    On the other hand, scrapes and bruises build character and reinforce not making the same mistake twice.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Janson wrote: »

Gotta see if you can get him to move on to windows:

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c-SK8u9E-8

Damn, that came out in 1999...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    "Mallory, no running."
    "I'm not running, I'm walking faster."

tenor.gif

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Seen somewhere in Ohio:

bq4g3bj2w63i.jpg

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Janson wrote: »
    Oh man I'm glad my nephew (not the one I usually post here about) wasn't the only one doing that. We couldn't figure out a way to get him to stop, he just kinda had to get bored of it on his own.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    In one week I’ll finally get to meet my little niece! I’m excited but also a little afraid because what if she doesn’t like me? And I know how ridiculous that sounds but it would be devastating.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    knitdan wrote: »
    In one week I’ll finally get to meet my little niece! I’m excited but also a little afraid because what if she doesn’t like me? And I know how ridiculous that sounds but it would be devastating.

Don't let the kid know that, they can sense what will be devastating and hammer you with it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    You’re not her father so chances are quite high she’ll love you!

(Poor Mori has Niko screaming and kicking at him because he put Niko in PJs).

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    My daughter (3yo) was yelling the other night around 1am that she needs to go to the bathroom, my wife is passed out doesn't hear it, i get up and in her room. She goes "not you, i want mama, get out of my room, you go to your room, i want mama, etc...". I wake up my wife, she goes in, the bed is soaked in pee.

Well then.

steam_sig.png
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Kid- "why do you take showers instead of baths?"
    Me- "because baths usually take too long. I like short showers"
    Kid. - "because you don't have to take time to play like I do"
    Nope.. I guess not. Even my kids thinks I'm boring ><

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    At least your kids take baths. My son is still terrified of water. My wife basically has to splash him on the bathroom floor. Can't even get him into the tub he trembles and screams in fear.

Something fucking happened and I am at a loss as to what.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    A nightmare about baths maybe?

What happens if you get in the bath with him?

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Kate now likes showers. We have to sneak a shower if we want to be done quickly because if she catches you she starts taking her clothes off to join you.

50433.png?1708759015
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Wait, why are there tiny hand prints on the top of the dresser mirror?

Oh.... no...

At least your kids take baths. My son is still terrified of water. My wife basically has to splash him on the bathroom floor. Can't even get him into the tub he trembles and screams in fear.

Something fucking happened and I am at a loss as to what.

Have you tried turning out the lights and tossing glow sticks in the bath? Both of my sons loved that. My oldest went from hating baths to wanting one every night after I dreamed that one up.

This discussion has been closed.