As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xenoblade Chronicles] Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition coming to Switch in 2020

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited June 2018
    The next patch adds major customization to the games difficulty as well as adding the new Bringer of Chaos difficulty. New sliders will be added to the options menu that allow for adjustment of:

Enemy Attack Power
    Enemy Attack Frequency
    Enemy Maximum HP
    Enemy Debuff Duration
    Player Blade Combo Buffer Time
    Party Guage Gains
    Player Blade Special Recharge Rate
    Player Health Restoration
    Chain Attack Damage Multiplier

The last option is spoiler related.
    Ascended State Party Gauge Use. I guess this refers to how much you need to transform Pyra/Mythra into Pneuma.

So I guess if you don't like Bringer of Chaos as a difficulty, you can create your own.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    So the way the game ties the first game (and indirectly even X) into the whole is actually pretty clever.

Also Rex is the best.
    I am going to punch Malos in his stupid face, and then take him for a drink afterward. Although I'm not old enough to drink...
    :lol:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    I just hope that turning up the enemy settings make it so I can play through a NG+ with some of the DLC blades that have the permanent endgame weapon chips equipped from the beginning. These settings coupled with being able to control what level you're at could make for a really fun challenge.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    So the way the game ties the first game (and indirectly even X) into the whole is actually pretty clever.

Honestly, it ties in all the Xeno games:
    Xenogears' Wave Existence is more or less another form of Xenosaga's Udo, and Xenoblade's... thing is vague enough to fit both.

I grinned like an idiot when I got to that point. It was a nice way to essentially validate all of Takahashi's games, and our experiences with them. Plus, it opens the door for more tangentially connected games that can go in even weirder directions.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    The next patch adds major customization to the games difficulty as well as adding the new Bringer of Chaos difficulty. New sliders will be added to the options menu that allow for adjustment of:

Enemy Attack Power
    Enemy Attack Frequency
    Enemy Maximum HP
    Enemy Debuff Duration
    Player Blade Combo Buffer Time
    Party Guage Gains
    Player Blade Special Recharge Rate
    Player Health Restoration
    Chain Attack Damage Multiplier

The last option is spoiler related.
    Ascended State Party Gauge Use. I guess this refers to how much you need to transform Pyra/Mythra into Pneuma.

So I guess if you don't like Bringer of Chaos as a difficulty, you can create your own.

Finally I can turn everything to Super Easy and watch my anime as god intended.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    l_gl_g Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    When is the best time to get the Xenoblade 2 DLC in the playthrough? Right from the opening, or wait until post-game or mid way through or...?

l_g on
    Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    l_g wrote: »
    When is the best time to get the Xenoblade 2 DLC in the playthrough? Right from the opening, or wait until post-game or mid way through or...?

You get tons of useful items with the DLC, so I would get it as soon as possible.

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    l_g wrote: »

Any quest related DLC cannot be unlocked until it says so anyway (e.g. some quests require ch4, or ch6, others require certain blades) so you don't have to worry about getting to things too early.

None of the DLC items increase your power in a way that would overpower anything, so don't' worry about that either.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    There's no rule that says a four thousand years old nanomachine-colony can't play basketball.

• Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    I got a switch recently and decided to pick this up because it looks so weird and different. Looking forward to good times and much over the top anime madness.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    Next patch comes out soon with more quests and the added difficulty and customizations.

Oh and uh, it also will change the Unique Monster BGM to "You Will Know Our Names" when Shulk or Fiora are in the party.

• Options
    https://nintendo.co.jp/switch/adena/products/dlc.html

- Final quest pack includes 5 new quests, 3 of them involve a number of rare blades, the last one involves KOS-MOS and Shiki (Adenine).

- New Rare Blade quest for Hibana, designed by Atto

- New items to exchange for in the Challenge Arena, costumes as well as items to increase Tora's Idea

- Extreme and Custom difficulties added

- New Setting option will change the Unique Monster BGM to "You Will Know Our Names" (XB1 UM Theme) when Shulk and Fiora is in your party

This is ALL Expansion Pass only content.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Also, dataminers have found information on another new blade that should be coming some time in the future:
    Elma

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    With all of the cross promotion/universe shenanigans in this game and how Takahashi has basically tied every game from the Xeno series together using Xenoblade 2, we really need Fei to be made a blade in Xenoblade 2. It's the last piece in the puzzle. :D

Edit: I'd take Elly too.

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The only overt reference to Xenogears I can think of is Zeke's alternate costume.
    He's so very clearly cosplaying as Bart.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I want a Weltall or Xenogears, that would be swell.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    With all of the cross promotion/universe shenanigans in this game and how Takahashi has basically tied every game from the Xeno series together using Xenoblade 2, we really need Fei to be made a blade in Xenoblade 2. It's the last piece in the puzzle. :D

Uh, huh? Doesn't tie into XCX at all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

It's about to if the datamining is accurate.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options

Actually, the game is very cleverly tied to every Takahashi Xeno game.
    The Monolith that the architect played with split realities with him tied to the center of it all. His other half is directly crossing into the world of the first Xenoblade, but with the multiverse he created, Xenogears and Saga both are indirectly tied to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well as Xenoblade X. It's like @Nightslyr said
    Xenogears' Wave Existence is more or less another form of Xenosaga's Udo, and Xenoblade's... thing is vague enough to fit both.
    on top of that the Lifeholds in Xenoblade X mimic the shape of the Monolith.

He tied them all together in a fun clever way that was a nice easter egg for fans of his series dating back to Xenogears.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Also, dataminers have found information on another new blade that should be coming some time in the future:
    Elma

Nagi or gtfo.

Isn't Tatsu there in one of the challenges or something? I thought I read that.

If you're talking about story, it would be pretty easy to tie XCX to any other Xeno game. Granted, like any, the links would be wholly theoretical and highly debatable, but there's enough tie-ins with stuff like the disappearance/destruction (often conflated/confused) of Earth/Lost Jerusalem, among the games, the similarities of gears/skells/E.S., realians/mimeos, and so on.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    I would love for L to make an appearance in Chronicles 2 as a blade.

"It's not over until the fat baby sings!"

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Elma

Nagi or gtfo.

Isn't Tatsu there in one of the challenges or something? I thought I read that.

If you're talking about story, it would be pretty easy to tie XCX to any other Xeno game. Granted, like any, the links would be wholly theoretical and highly debatable, but there's enough tie-ins with stuff like the disappearance/destruction (often conflated/confused) of Earth/Lost Jerusalem, among the games, the similarities of gears/skells/E.S., realians/mimeos, and so on.

He's in the "This Year's Heropon" challenge. As are...pretty much every named Nopon (yes, even the great Riki!).

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    So I am only missing two rare blades at 170 hours into the game. I'm trying to get all of the rares before beating the game.

I have about half of them at max affinity.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    So I am only missing two rare blades at 170 hours into the game. I'm trying to get all of the rares before beating the game.

I have about half of them at max affinity.

Aren't there 5 or 6 that can only be gotten in NG+?

And at least one that requires the game to be beaten to obtain.

Do they not show in the blade list? I haven't really played since before they started adding in the new blades and such.

• Options
    So far they don't show on the list. I'm only worrying about the blades for the first go and then I'll be taking a break and play NG+ down the road a little bit.

170 hours is a lot for one game. :P

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    Apparently if you max out your generic blade count and then release one, and open a core crystal with only 1 spot left for a generic blade, it increases the chances you won't get a generic blade. I'm reading about people attesting to this like its just been known for a good while but I'd never heard of it before today.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Apparently if you max out your generic blade count and then release one, and open a core crystal with only 1 spot left for a generic blade, it increases the chances you won't get a generic blade. I'm reading about people attesting to this like its just been known for a good while but I'd never heard of it before today.

That...doesn't make any sense. We've known the mechanics of rare blade unlocks for a good while.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

That...doesn't make any sense. We've known the mechanics of rare blade unlocks for a good while.

Not totally true. We've known the numbers behind rare blade unlocks for a good while.

The theory Viskod is referring to is the fact that generic blades aren't random, and that there is still a pool they pull from. If you max out your blade inventory with generic wind blades, then those generics are out of the drop pool so when you roll a crystal with a booster to put truth above the other affinities, then if there are any rare blades you don't have that are wind element are more likely to drop because the pool of generics has been reduced substantially.

It's like the lotto. You know the chance for a specific number to come up, but if you actively remove other numbers from the equation that number is much more likely to be picked.

Granted I don't follow every bit of datamining, so people could have indeed debunked that, but all that I've seen are the numbers for rare blade drops based on the "pool" your save is in (there are ways to figure it out), that are just flat %'s. I haven't seen anything to indicate that there isn't a fixed pool of generics within each element, and I haven't seen anything on numbers since they started adding additional blades to the pot. If those things were sorted and known, it'd be good to know.

• Options

It seems like an unintentional glitch.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

It seems like an unintentional glitch.

It sounds like pressing Down+B.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    New Torna – The Golden Country trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGMhS80qUAA

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Also the new update adds the final rare blades among other things

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Hnnnnng!

Ah man, that reminds me of how much I loved XCX's music.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to replay it a tiny bit. Right?

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Nice that Elma is there (along with some other random blade that I'm not aware of any sort of meaning/connection to anything else), but even nicer that it also comes with Uncontrollable as a special BGM if you have Elma in the party.

So we've not only got the unreasonably excellent XC2 soundtrack, we've also got a way to have the best battle music from the two prior games also.

Also, according to the patch notes this will be the final DLC blade drop. Oddly that was mentioned in reference to the other blade, so I can't help but wonder if they still plan on adding any more blades via challenge mode and are just considering it something different? Because elma wasn't mentioned in the new blade patch section, but in the challenge mode section.

However that NOA tweet indicates that this is indeed the final blade drop period.

I wonder if non-Torna expansion stuff is done, generally. Since I guess it's a completely separate game, it is unlikely there'll be any carryover of items/blades/unlocks/anything between Torna and XC2 proper. I have no idea if they intend on providing any extra stuff into Torna after it launches, or if the release of Torna will be basically the completion of all extra content for XC2. Hopefully they say one way or another. I've been dipping back into the game here and there to do the DLC stuff, but have been waiting to start NG+ until everything is out. Frustratingly it means it is impossible to finish Poppibusters affinity tree (there aren't enough H2H's prior to getting NG+ blades to finish it, even these two more blades likely won't give enough extra, as it was 65/70 before NG+ prior to this patch).

Anyway, another thing in the patch, apparently, are swimsuits; which is predictably causing a complete meltdown on the Xenoblade subreddit. :lol:

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    No I've already put over 300 hours into this game. Don't drag me back...
    Uncontrollable is back? Just hook it to my veins!

• Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    I've hit 190 hours (non-NG+). I'm about to start farming chips and legendary cores, since I'm still missing Zenobia and KOS-MOS. On the plus side, I'm only ~60 stamps short of completing Ursula's affinity chart.

And I haven’t even started the challenges yet.

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7043-7606
    Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    The day I finished Ursula's affinity chart was one of the best days of my gaming career.

What an absolute slog. But she was just too adorable.

PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Ursula is actively preventing me from getting back into the game. I don't want to go back to constantly grinding her, but I also don't want to throw away all of the grinding I've already done by starting a new game+.

• Options
    The funny thing about Ursula's stuff is that as horrible as it was; I still find myself using her missions constantly to quickly go through new blades affinity charts after I get them.