As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    apoc 419 has been pretty fun on jnet so far

but I still really like the nexus/taps one

• EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Alright, just going to get some Regionals practice games in on the ol' jinteki dot net, see what's out th

mragheb7sxrw.jpg

what

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Did they ever get around to printing any cards that explicitly reward having a ginormous deck, ala Battle of Wits?

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    Alright, just going to get some Regionals practice games in on the ol' jinteki dot net, see what's out th

mragheb7sxrw.jpg

what

That doesn't count if you aren't doing it in meatspace.

There was a Titan deck that infamously took something like that to a tournament. It took like three people to shuffle.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • NisiNisi Registered User regular
    Just ordered Reign and Reverie and the last two data packs I need to complete my set. I'm still really sad about the support from FFG ending. Thinking about transferring my cards from binders to bulk storage boxes since I don't know how much I'm going to be using them.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I don’t think I’m gonna be able to get Order & Chaos for less than 100 bucks

Guess I’m gonna just proxy the whole thing

6F32U1X.png
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Where are you located? There's a store I went to up in Montclair, CA, that has one in stock on their shelf. http://gameologyshop.com/ If you contact them they might be able to sell/ship it to you.

Where are you located? There's a store I went to up in Montclair, CA, that has one in stock on their shelf. http://gameologyshop.com/ If you contact them they might be able to sell/ship it to you.

I’m in the Chicago area, so I guess I could try it

6F32U1X.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

I only recently got in, but Order and Chaos is the one deluxe I'm missing. Been trying to line up a trade on BGG with several people.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    Yeah, O&C isn’t even in the system anymore at my FLGS.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I know the production pipeline is a tightly controlled thing.. but MAN would it have been cool for FFG to just do one last massive blast, producing a run of everything right before they lost the license.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited July 2018
    I suspect that we were pretty lucky to even get a "So long and thanks for all the fish" bonus printing of Reign and Reverie.

Frem on
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    I know the production pipeline is a tightly controlled thing.. but MAN would it have been cool for FFG to just do one last massive blast, producing a run of everything right before they lost the license.

This seems incredibly risky for them as the response could just as easily been "I ain't buying shit let me try to offload this collection" further saturating the market with stuff they legally can't sell anymore after the fall.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Athenor wrote: »

This seems incredibly risky for them as the response could just as easily been "I ain't buying shit let me try to offload this collection" further saturating the market with stuff they legally can't sell anymore after the fall.

Eh. Once they sell the product to distributors, they should be fine? That's where FFG makes their money, after all.

But yes, it would be risky.

Speaking of Risky, we're about 2 months out from the Magnum Opus and I haven't made decks. I have no clue what the current meta looks like, and I want to at least be competitive at my first worlds... I'm so rusty.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited July 2018
    On the runner side, you're mostly seeing Val decks out of Anarch, though MaxX, Gnat, and Freedom are all seen in some quantity. Zer0 is in pretty much every Anarch deck since it's powerful, lots of people are on Clan Vengeance (especially with aforementioned Zer0), and consoles are either Turntable (if you really don't feel a need for one) or Patchwork (which is a great econ discount on everything). You are starting to see more Crim decks come back as well, to date mostly 419 but some Leela and Liza. Most common 419 is some version involving power taps and Nexus, but there's also Apoc versions and almost a good-stuff version. Diversion of Funds is no Account Siphon but it's still good and everywhere. No one has figured out a good Liza build yet, at least not consistently. Shaper is rare but the Pirate Hayley deck is popular (with Kongamato, Ghbahli, and Grappling Hook), as is a similar version out of Geist. Both include the new DJ Fenris to mimic the other. Employee Strike is by far the most popular restricted list card.

On the corp side, it tends to be wild west a bit more. NBN is still on CtM (with new cards like Arella Salvatore, Amani Senai, and Malia Z0L0K4) but Azmari is a very strong contender as well. The 6-agenda Azmari decks are most popular it seems. Weyland has been surprisingly competitive, with rush decks being more popular. Titan and Argus can just win quick (though in the Clan Vengeance meta this may be different) and Skorpios can still do its lockout thing while rushing. HB hasn't been seen as much, but CI decks are still a thing, and Jinja City Grid decks with Seidr Adaptive Barrier and Surveyor have been popular. Lately I've seen a lot of rush/combo SportsMetal decks and I think it's a strong ID that people are still figuring out. Lastly, Jinteki maintains a presence, with the new Mti Mwekundu ID as very popular, able to do an asset-spam/Moons/Political Dealings deck or a midrange/glacier deck equally well - though vulnerable to Strike. Palana is still strong, and you might see an upswing of trap/bluff/mushin decks with the new ID Sarasawati. Obokata Protocol is usually the restricted card of choice here in most Jinteki decks.

tzeentchling on
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    I have been out of the game, but you saying that people are playing grappling hook non ironically is almost enough to bring me back.

Ethea wrote: »
    I have been out of the game, but you saying that people are playing grappling hook non ironically is almost enough to bring me back.

It's a function of the new animal-resource-breakers in Kongamato (trash:break the first sub on a piece of ice) and Ghbalhi (trash:break the last sub on a piece of ice) and the fact that there's a lot of strong big ice in the meta right now. Those two are basically built to work with Grappling Hook and also help solve the Hook's problem of dealing with single-sub ice. Combine with a couple more permanent breakers (I think Hayley uses Inti and Sage on a Dhgdeer, Geist uses Amuakua and sometimes Abagnale/Paperclip/Mongoose) and it creates a cheap if disposable way to get into a server. Unsurprisingly, both decks use Levy AR Lab Access as their restricted card.

Is it weird that I've been tempted to try to knock out a Android AGOT retheme? I think it could work fairly well for a corp-on-corp war.

Credits for gold. Military challenges could be left as-is, intrigue could be Cyberwarfare, and then Power as Media? Maybe Bad Publicity as a effect that counts as negative value for dominance totals.

Weyland as a reskinned Lannister who's all about throwing money at problems until they're no longer problems.

persona4celestia.jpg
    OR: a GoT themed Netrunner. You're assaulting the enemy fortress! You access the throne room and use your Tyrion "the Imp" Lannister to trash their Varys, a man well known for Exchanging Information. But not before his little birds manage to trace the whereabouts of your king...

(this is a much worse idea but MOAR NETRUNNER)

OR: a L5R Netrunner. Both sides are Jinteki...

If they ever wanted to do a Runebound LCG in this style, I could totally see one where one side is playing a evil overlord and building dungeons. And the other is building a adventuring party to deal with monsters and traps protecting the treasure.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i've actually spent too much time thinking about how well the structure of netrunner would lend itself to an asymmetric dungeon defense game

liEt3nH.png
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    It's unfortunate the license problem isn't the setting but the mechanics. Reskinning a new game with asymmetry and facedowns will have WotC crying foul, and although they'd prob win any court thing FFG do not want to have any marks on their reputation with regard to the other licenses they hold.

I feel like FFG will probably make another Android setting LCG right? On one hand I feel like the branding and mind share is too good to just basically waste. On the other hand it feels like maybe it will always live in the shadow of the other one and will be doomed to failure with high expectations. I mean maybe they'll start cranking out more Android board games but it's not like they were even trying to capitalize on it when Netrunner was at it's peak.

It does seem like it might be leaving money on the table, but maybe they just move on and put all these eggs in the respective Destiny, Arkham Horror, L5R, Game of Thrones, jeez they have a a LOT of active card games, baskets

6F32U1X.png
    It does seem like it might be leaving money on the table, but maybe they just move on and put all these eggs in the respective Destiny, Arkham Horror, L5R, Game of Thrones, jeez they have a a LOT of active card games, baskets

Maybe it's just my local scene or maybe the scene does exist and I'm totally unaware, but I've never known AGOT or AHLCG to have like, very big scenes. Certainly not to a Netrunner extent. Although AGOT has been going on FOREVER so I guess there's a pretty dedicated following.

Netrunner just lasted SO long. Seems wasteful to do nothing. I don't even know what that other card game would be. Do you keep it asymmetrical? Corp vs corp seems like the more obvious way to make it symmetrical.

If they didn't already have two co-op games I could really see the theme/setting working as a co-op card game. Getting together a team to go on a job, each game is just a run/heist. Man that sounds really good.

I’d prefer they keep the Android LCG space open, just because it makes it easier to pretend that we’ll get more Netrunner one day.

I’m told by at least the people that run some of my local shops that Arkham Horror LCG flies off the shelves, it’s consistently one of their most popular games

6F32U1X.png
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    I feel like FFG will probably make another Android setting LCG right? On one hand I feel like the branding and mind share is too good to just basically waste. On the other hand it feels like maybe it will always live in the shadow of the other one and will be doomed to failure with high expectations. I mean maybe they'll start cranking out more Android board games but it's not like they were even trying to capitalize on it when Netrunner was at it's peak.

They put out at least three different Android boardgames during Netrunner's run that I can think of, off the top of my head. They weren't leaving the IP idle, and putting out an additional Android card game while Netrunner was active would have been competing with themselves.

Fry wrote: »

They put out at least three different Android boardgames during Netrunner's run that I can think of, off the top of my head. They weren't leaving the IP idle, and putting out an additional Android card game while Netrunner was active would have been competing with themselves.

I mean they shouldn't have put out another card game. I remember two board games and I had to google when you told me there was a third to remember infiltration was a thing. Three games in six years doesn't seem great, especially considering how bland and unforgettable it was.

Although thinking about it, it seems like the only property FFG cares to reliably print decent games for is Star Wars.

I’m told by at least the people that run some of my local shops that Arkham Horror LCG flies off the shelves, it’s consistently one of their most popular games

I can totally believe it, since it's:

1) Incredibly good, and
    2) Has probably the strongest hook to get you to buy the next pack every month. You want to see where the story of the campaign goes, right? And there's always something new that's interesting for the investigators to use in deck-building too.

persona4celestia.jpg
    edited July 2018
    I still don't get on with Arkham Horror. I thought I'd love it since I'm into the LotR LCG and, obviously, Netrunner, so a co-op LCG with the Netrunner action selection mechanism should be an easy win, right?

Turns out I don't find the card play very interesting, and since I'm at least 70% robot on the inside I don't really care about the (excellent) narrative stuff. So it bores me.

I really really want to like it, too. It's frustrating, because it's clearly very well designed and quite polished, but it does nothing for me.

Epimer on
    edited July 2018
    I have a problem.

aofeMmE.jpg

You put out cool tokens, I have a tendency to pick them up.

Especially when they're printed on PCB.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Ooh, those are nice. :)

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    a friend of mine put together a 2-person draft cube awhile back and I finally got around to trying it last week

netrunner is still fun

edited July 2018
    Hah, that was kind of funny.

Playing Argus, got someone to run into a server with two Prisecs and a agenda in it on their last click. Maybe second to last click? I forget exactly. They take the tag from the first, and then take the meat damage and tags from the Prisecs, putting them at 3 cards. They have two CV's in play, which might be bad...

And so they use them to dump four cards out of my hand, hitting the HPT.

The fifth card, the one they didn't hit? Archived Memories. :D Let's just put that HPT back in HQ on my turn and oh yeah bullets take six meat?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    Came second in swiss at a regional, my highest placement ever...then had to rush home and skip the cut

Sad you couldn't do the cut, but congrats on the high placement!

The true victory was beating seamus's Argus with tagme Liza.

Just sitting down getting ready to play in the Shadow of the Beanstalk RPG.

http://i.imgur.com/duHfEJS.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg