As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Eternal Card Game] Set two, Omens of the Past, released!

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    It was marginally good in Feln control when everyone and their dog was on Temporal.

Funnily enough, the market has made it WORSE as most of the decks with the fragile-until-cast win conditions put them in the Market now. :D

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Yeah, it can be useful against Decks Wot Have One or Two Win Conditions, like Temporal. The meta right now is full of decks that are plenty happy to murder you with a 2/3, if that's what you let them do.

...Actually. If you can catch the Time merchant in hand and Frog it, they can't win at all. Hmm.

Except through Sword of the Skyking or Boomhammers. N/m.

ew9y0DD.png
    Ranked Masters for the month! Which means it's time to stop tryharding and go a little Plaid:

fo2f2opdjczp.png

This deck is not good, but it is amazing.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    So I randomly discovered this, and I've been having a blast so far. I've tried a lot of the recent CCGs, and I think this one is the one I like the most - Hearthstone was too simplistic, and Elder Scrolls Legends improved on that, but this is my favorite yet.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I’ve been jamming on Eternal for a while after getting pissed one too many times at RNGstone. The gameplay has far more complexity and interesting deck building choices, though I think 75 card decks aren’t a great choice. It’s also easily the most generous digital card game I have played. If you play a couple games every day, you can have something too tier in a couple weeks, legendary cards and all.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    One of the strongest decks right now doesn't even need any legendaries, though it's still a bit heavy on the rares (you can replace the 2x Geomar with Sheriff Marley):

TJP Berserk
    https://eternalwarcry.com/decks/details/UtKQEsuocfw/tgp-miracle-blitz-2-0

Konphujun wrote: »
    I’ve been jamming on Eternal for a while after getting pissed one too many times at RNGstone. The gameplay has far more complexity and interesting deck building choices, though I think 75 card decks aren’t a great choice. It’s also easily the most generous digital card game I have played. If you play a couple games every day, you can have something too tier in a couple weeks, legendary cards and all.

Yeah, I've played for less than a week and I'm pretty surprised at the number of card packs it throws at you. I think I got 2-3 legendaries from packs so far.

Echo wrote: »
    Konphujun wrote: »

Yeah, I've played for less than a week and I'm pretty surprised at the number of card packs it throws at you. I think I got 2-3 legendaries from packs so far.

If you haven't done so already, play through all the puzzles to get some reward gold, and get your Gauntlet and Forge rank up to Master for some rank-up rewards.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Finished up the Sealed League at a disgraceful 19-21 (with 40+ Tiebreaker wins).

My pool just kept getting worse and worse, with the final FoA packs adding actual nothing. And my deck rife with X/1s managed to get destroyed by Energy Siphon (or whatever it's called) 4 times during this week's games.

Tangentially: a four-set limited format is kinda miserable due to just how many goddamn tricks there are. And I still don't get how Corrupted Umbren is a common.

edited July 2018
    I'm plodding through with a Big Butts Elysian list. My initial pool was awful without enough playables in 2 colours, and no fixing for splashes. Further packs helped some, then I realised that the Inspire Armadillo (Inspired units get Endurance, Endurance Lord) and the Inspire Unseen (units get flying, on summon it gives something reckless) means that games that go a little long tend to swing in my favour.

Then I remembered I got the 7 power bounce spell that bounces an additional creature per unit you control with Endurance, and an Hourglass.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    I finished up at 28-12, off a strong but one-dimensional pool. Should be good enough for a legendary reward without bothering with tiebreakers this week, though I'll be keeping an eye on my rank going into the weekend.

Currently 25-5, so maybe I'll make top 100.

ew9y0DD.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Ended up going 18-22 myself, which I'm pretty happy with? Ended up getting multiple games where I lost because I literally couldn't play anything in my hand due to lack of sigils, which is... always...fun...

Looks like they're doing Twitch Drops for Eternal in the near future, which is nice at least?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Nice draw in this game.

Yeah, I lost.

1radj1b3wmh1.png

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    What the fuck is the counter to Green Berserk.

It has ten 1 Mana answers to anything you do to it.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    edited July 2018
    Cantido wrote: »
    What the fuck is the counter to Green Berserk.

It has ten 1 Mana answers to anything you do to it.

Camat0 talks a bit about this in an article from today: https://eternaltitans.com/camat0s-h0t-takes-7-25/

Scorpion Wasp or Blistersting Wasp with killer, for Time decks. Levitate to break aegis for control. Valkyrie Enforcer. There's no denying that TJP Berserk is one of the strongest decks right now, though, because it's so hard to answer.

Do not try to use permafrost.

Tynnan on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://steamcommunity.com/games/531640/announcements/detail/1708438764769268898

Nerfs to Levitate and Accelerated Evolution, to make it a bit harder for the Berserk deck to just dodge you in the air

liEt3nH.png
    About time Accelerated Evolution took a hit. And Levitate probably should have been bumped up when Inspire was.

Direwolf continuing with their philosophy of exceeding generosity: Eternal Bounty on Twitch Prime

Dunno how efficient Stranger decks are, but I love me a good Sliver-style deck.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/531640/announcements/detail/1708438764769268898

Nerfs to Levitate and Accelerated Evolution, to make it a bit harder for the Berserk deck to just dodge you in the air

20 damage on Turn 5 seemed a bit much

metaghost wrote: »
    Direwolf continuing with their philosophy of exceeding generosity: Eternal Bounty on Twitch Prime

I haven't even tried making my own decks yet, I've had plenty of fun with all these theme decks they throw at me.

• APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Finished League at 25-15! My best finish thus far! I’m rank 488 right now so I’ll probably fall out of top 500, but I’m locked into top 1000 which is superb!

If you've got time, you could try for some tiebreaker wins to secure that legendary

edited July 2018
    I think I'm on to something that can make Wisps work in this "ITS ONLY TURN 4" meta:

Killer. Several Wisps are already Deadly. If you make one or two Killer, you can create a permanent Tribute engine.

I'm still experimenting. Its not going well but its fun. I normally exclusively netdeck.

Cantido on
    edited July 2018

I hope they sell out and make a Clank! card back.

EDIT - It turns out Market allows for a TPSJ Exodia deck that creates a Recurring Nightmare infinite loop. I really hate Market.

Cantido on
    Wow. Had another outrageously silly 25-turn game where I won at 1 health after finally getting something killy, a good two thirds of my draws was nothing but sigils and more card draw.

d40ol7upieaz.png

Cantido wrote: »

I hope they sell out and make a Clank! card back.

EDIT - It turns out Market allows for a TPSJ Exodia deck that creates a Recurring Nightmare infinite loop. I really hate Market.
    It's a RIDICULOUSLY clunky combo, though. You need enough cost reduction to make 3 cost units free, AND the ping on ETB unit.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited August 2018
    August sealed deck starts off with double Changeestik. I've got a good feeling about this one.

Here's my first draft of the deck. Lots of removal and a somewhat awkward gap at 4-5 power, but my pool just didn't have much worth playing in those slots. Could definitely get run over by an efficient aggressive opponent, but if I make it to late game I'm pretty secure. The Spur On is marginal, probably going to revisit that choice before I actually play any games with it.
    damdamnej87w.jpg

Tynnan on
    I like splashing for Blistersting Wasp and Pteriax Hatchling a lot, and the two Desperados with 2 Changeestik, a Trickster's Cloak and a Minotaur Lighthoof is REAL strong.

Spur On is a good one for Pteriax or Desperado too, the revenged version refreshing Echo or Infiltrate is kind of huge.

ew9y0DD.png
    Yeah, Spur On is for the Desperados. I can't tell if that's too greedy with the other sources of evasion I already have.

Honestly, seems fine.

Do you have any high-end Time stuff that might be worth including? I'm not sure I like Channel the Tempest too much - it's draw three deal three for 8 here. Umbren Occluder seems super-sick, too. 7/7 flying ambush unit that mills for 13 in the right circumstances in a limited format? Keep an eye out for Dreamsnatchers when you open more packs. Sweet, sweet attack boosting.

ew9y0DD.png
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, Channel got thrown in without too much thinking but you're right, it's way less useful in limited than it is in constructed. I could swap it out for a Subterranean Sentinel. That'll also reduce influence stress. My other strong Time cards are TT, so it's hard to justify.

Tynnan on
    Subterranean Sentinel is a BEAST. I had it in my last sealed pool alongside an Hourglass and the inspire endurance lord armadillo.

Speaking of, just missed out on top 500 with that deck. I got a string of losses towards the end where I just got out-tempoed and missed land drops. Ah well.

ew9y0DD.png
  • BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Only two time sigils seems really sketchy on ever having them when you want them.

edited August 2018
    Veteran Strategist and Praxis Stranger go some way towards fixing. I'd say one more sigil would be for the best, though.

So I opened my pool. And that sure is a pool. Going Stonescar, "splashing" some Primal for removal and units. Because I am severely lacking playables.
    1vfzb09r3pca.png

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    I missed the stranger somehow! Yeah, it's probably fine as is or with just one more source. 4-5 is probably ideal for a splash.

I want Tynnan's pool. The only exciting cards in mine are Recurring Nightmare and Steelbound Dragon, though I like Corrupted Umbren and am interested to see how Fenris goes.

I have a Xenan Cultist in the pool too, but I don't think it's worth playing without any graveyard synergy. Then again I only have 3 critters in the 3-drop slot.

ew9y0DD.png