As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

On behalf of Seattle, welcome to all attendees from out of town! Have a Q? Get an A here!

HalseySpartan2HalseySpartan2 Quality Assurance EngineerSeattle, WARegistered User regular
Hi friends,

Very soon you'll be congregating with us in Seattle for this wonderful convention. On behalf of the Emerald City I'd like to extend a heartfelt WELCOME! to our visiting guests. I'd like this thread to function as kind of a one-stop-shop for common questions people from out of town have about the area. Feel free to ask anything here that you're curious about and I (and others I hope) will try to answer you. PAX is coming up soon, get hype!!

SHwjM12.png

• 10KStreams10KStreams Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    I'm coming in from Minnesota, where we've had a resurgence of interest in craft beer since a state law was passed in 2011. What Seattle breweries would the locals recommend I pop into? And I'm not just looking for the biggest or most popular ones. Who's got the HYPE?

Thanks!

• HalseySpartan2HalseySpartan2 Quality Assurance Engineer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    10KStreams wrote: »
    I'm coming in from Minnesota, where we've had a resurgence of interest in craft beer since a state law was passed in 2011. What Seattle breweries would the locals recommend I pop into? And I'm not just looking for the biggest or most popular ones. Who's got the HYPE?

Thanks!

I would recommend Elysian Brewing on Capitol Hill - it's pretty spectacular in terms of taste. I also particularly like the decor and industrial feel to it. Optimism Brewing is also good and a short walk away from Elysian. Red Hook Brewlab is also a decent third option.

SHwjM12.png
  • Waldo33Waldo33 Registered User regular
    Best cheap eats? I love MOD pizza because it's dirt cheap and absolutely delicious. Anything similar?

• kaZombiekaZombie AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Last year when we went to ECCC I checked out the underground tours, pike place, and the aquarium. Any other must do things for someone out of town visiting?

• HalseySpartan2HalseySpartan2 Quality Assurance Engineer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Waldo33 wrote: »
    Best cheap eats? I love MOD pizza because it's dirt cheap and absolutely delicious. Anything similar?

Pagliacci Pizza and A-Pizza Mart are both near the convention center (A-Pizza Mart is ~4 blocks, Pagliacci is on Capitol Hill where you should be hanging out enjoying the nightlife anyway!) and are more delicious than MOD is IMO. They're also both cheap, have good happy hour specials, and sell by the slice.
    kaZombie wrote: »
    Last year when we went to ECCC I checked out the underground tours, pike place, and the aquarium. Any other must do things for someone out of town visiting?

Go check out the Amazon Bio-Spheres. They're full of previously extinct plants from the dinosaur age and it's pretty cool. You can also check out the new cashierless Amazon Go store.

I would also heavily recommend making some time to go up to Ballard and check out Cafe MOX - it's a bar that specializes in board and tabletop gaming and is about a 15-20 minute Uber ride from the convention center with traffic.

SHwjM12.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod