As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    So I finally got my Stamblade to CP160 (CP200 now, actually) - what should I do next?

I'm still working through all the content but I want to start properly looking at decent gear for her. I was fortunate enough to reach 160 in Deshaan meaning I've got 6 pieces of the Night Mother set, which I read is a good starting set, so I upgraded all that to Purple, how else should I look to upgrade?

Also what group content should I be looking to do? I've read that it's tough to get a group for Veteran's dungeons below CP250 but I also wonder what the point is if gear upgrades aren't coming from these dungeons?

Finally, if I'm looking for a great endgame dagger is the best option just to craft one, or are there specific drops out in the world I should be looking for?

The ideal setup for a stamblade is generally going to be two 5 piece sets and then a 2 piece set. The 2 piece sets consist of a helmet from a veteran dungeon and a corresponding shoulder piece that comes from the chests in Undaunted enclaves, they keys for which come from an Undaunted daily dungeon quest aka a pledge.

It's not hard to get a group for a veteran dungeon given that the built in dungeon finder tools lets you set that up easily. The Cp250/300 remark is more for either trying to set up a group before queuing for a dungeon (in which case players tend to be a bit choosier to make things smoother) or for the DLC dungeons which are tougher than the base game's dungeons (except for possible City of Ash 2 and Darkshade Caverns 2 both of which are brutal on veteran though still less so than most of the DLC dungeons on veteran. Some would argue that veteran Imperial City Prison is easier than CoA2 or DC2 though) where the game now restricts when you can queue for them until a certain level of CP.

Best option is subjective. But easiest is probably to craft one or more likely have someone craft one for you. Nirnhorned is extremely popular on main hand weapons (this is subject to change next big update depending on how numbers work out) and you're unlikely to have that trait researched at this time.

Now for good sets to target.

5 pieces:
    Hunding's Rage - Crafted, needs 6 traits researched. Adds straight up weapon damage. Highly recommended you get your bow, offhand dagger, another dagger or an axe for the mainhand, chest, and two more armor pieces this. Not a bad idea to make the chest a heavy piece for now.
    Spriggan's Thorns - Overland set. You can buy green or blue divines pieces and improve them up to purple or have someone else do it for you if you don't bind them first and then buy purple jewelry.
    Defiler - Overland set from Morrowind. Same deal as Spriggan's but a lot cheaper because, well, it's nowhere near as good. But still usable and better than not running a 5 piece set. Like most proc sets it suffers from procs not being able to get critical hits and then adds the summoned creature needing to get to the target.
    Briarheart, or maybe it was briarthorn . . . - another overland set. Adds some survivability which can be handy as you're not at full health levels yet. Also less pricey than Spriggan's.

Basically sticking to crafted sets for weapons lets you avoid the premium for good traited dropped weapons or needing to transmute a dropped weapon into a desired trait while overland sets for jewelry lets you bypass how expensive it is to upgrade crafted jewelry. Both let you bypass a lot of RNG from dungeon drops that will almost always drop in a trait you don't want.

2 pieces:
    Kragh - From veteran Fungal Grotto. Big thing is that FG1 is one of the easiest veteran dungeons. A lot of people run it even when it's not a pledge to farm up the Viper set that gets used in pvp.
    Selene's - From, er, Selene's Web. Better damage than Kragh but Selene's Web is a significantly tougher dungeon though with power creep that is less and less of an issue as time goes on.
    Stormfist - From Tempest Island. Less damage than Selene's but better resource sustain. That said, Nightblades have better innate resource sustain due to class abilities so this isn't as big an issue compared to, say, stam sorcs. Good thing too as veteran Tempest Island is awful and the boss has one shots that don't care about power creep.

Some people will toss out Velidreth but that's from a DLC dungeon that is not a place you want to set foot in yet.

Focus on the two 5 piece sets first. Then worry about the 2 piece monster sets.

This is a dumb question, but how do I craft sets? Do I go to the specific forges and then they appear in my regular menus?

Go the the specific set's crafting stations in a zone and if you have the required number of traits researched for an item the option to craft that piece in the set will appear. Make sure you've actually got the set option selected, you're able to craft non-set items on those stations which I've done by accident when I didn't have enough traits known on an item.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Well, fuck. Turns out something's gone silly with Steam, so, for whatever reason, I can't access the games I normally should be able to via Family Sharing. So I guess I'll buy Summerset finally, if only so I can finally fucking start Jewelcrafting.

Post something when you do. I have bits of extra Jewelcrafting material I can dump into Ash Housewares's bank and make finding enough mats for a few leveling writs less painful.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Tried my first vet dungeon this morning. It was the Pirate one in Bangkorai.

We zoned in and everybody immediately ran through some kind of back route near one of the big ships. All of a sudden we were swarmed by like 100 mobs, I guess coming from all over the map we had just run through. We wiped, respawned, wiped and respawned twice more. Then I was kicked from the group.

Kind of put me off the whole experience.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I've been kinda put off from doing dungeons myself at least with LFG groups since I discovered they had one-time only story quests and I'm the sort of lore-nerd that actually wants to see the story unfold.

• Options

We zoned in and everybody immediately ran through some kind of back route near one of the big ships. All of a sudden we were swarmed by like 100 mobs, I guess coming from all over the map we had just run through. We wiped, respawned, wiped and respawned twice more. Then I was kicked from the group.

Blackheart's Haven can be one of the tougher dungeons on vet. More so if you don't pick up a pirate disguise for that first part. I would not judge things based on it. For base game veteran dungeons the rough order of difficulty/trickiness is dungeons prefaced by a 1, then dungeons with no numeral in the name, then dungeons with a 2 in the name. Exceptions exist with Wayrest Sewers 2 being about the same as 1 and Spindleclutch 2 being easier than 1 but starting with the 1 dungeons is still worth considering.
    Owenashi wrote: »
    I've been kinda put off from doing dungeons myself at least with LFG groups since I discovered they had one-time only story quests and I'm the sort of lore-nerd that actually wants to see the story unfold.

Mention you're doing the quest when the group starts. People usually will slow things down or at least wait before starting on bosses if they know someone's after the quest. I've personally yet to see them not.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

People behave particularly stupid in that one.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular

That honestly sounds more like the group in question being idiots and trying to rush to the boss more than any issue with the dungeon itself. I've done that one on veteran before and while it isn't a cakewalk, it is certainly do-able without too many headaches provided you have a reasonably competent group.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular

Blackheart's Haven can be one of the tougher dungeons on vet. More so if you don't pick up a pirate disguise for that first part. I would not judge things based on it. For base game veteran dungeons the rough order of difficulty/trickiness is dungeons prefaced by a 1, then dungeons with no numeral in the name, then dungeons with a 2 in the name. Exceptions exist with Wayrest Sewers 2 being about the same as 1 and Spindleclutch 2 being easier than 1 but starting with the 1 dungeons is still worth considering.
    Owenashi wrote: »

Mention you're doing the quest when the group starts. People usually will slow things down or at least wait before starting on bosses if they know someone's after the quest. I've personally yet to see them not.

I think I know where I went wrong, and why I was kicked...

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    No one ever has the patience for the pirate disguise. I've never used it or been told to use it. And yeah people do get up to shenanigans trying to sneak past the enemies there.

Really most of the time in vet dungeons it is pretty straightforward. I've had surprisingly good experiences in dungeons (maybe because I waited past CP 160 to take part).

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    No one ever has the patience for the pirate disguise. I've never used it or been told to use it. And yeah people do get up to shenanigans trying to sneak past the enemies there.

Really most of the time in vet dungeons it is pretty straightforward. I've had surprisingly good experiences in dungeons (maybe because I waited past CP 160 to take part).

I think I have a 50/50 split between PuGs that used the disguise and those that didn't. Those that didn't picked up more traction the more recent times I've bothered with the dungeon (there's nothing I need and it's a crapshoot if people do the Hard Mode scroll on the last boss and it just wasn't worth the time for only one key) with increased power levels making burning everything down quicker.

I also had at least one time where I got in late and didn't yet know about the disguise and just stealthed my way past all the pirates.

I think the real pain points of BHH are the final boss if on hard mode and the tank doesn't move the boss away from the shore line which causes the adds to get too painful and the boss with all the fire if people aren't helping the tank out with bashing her channeled abilities. The latter is my number one cause of death in that dungeon.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Well, fuck. Turns out something's gone silly with Steam, so, for whatever reason, I can't access the games I normally should be able to via Family Sharing. So I guess I'll buy Summerset finally, if only so I can finally fucking start Jewelcrafting.

Post something when you do. I have bits of extra Jewelcrafting material I can dump into Ash Housewares's bank and make finding enough mats for a few leveling writs less painful.

Yeah, I've started. For some reason, I'm ONLY seeing Platinum seams, despite only having one point in Jewelcrafting...? Usually you get both mats of the level you are AND mats of the skill level you have, not sure why I'm only getting Platinum...

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Platinum seams are spikey, and that makes them easier to spot because nothing in this game is spikey, so they stand out. The other seams are smaller and rounded, and thus harder to see. With one point in Jewelcrafting I believe your skill level material is copper, so not only are they smaller and rounded, they are also brown, so they blend in with the ground.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Decomposey wrote: »
    Platinum seams are spikey, and that makes them easier to spot because nothing in this game is spikey, so they stand out. The other seams are smaller and rounded, and thus harder to see. With one point in Jewelcrafting I believe your skill level material is copper, so not only are they smaller and rounded, they are also brown, so they blend in with the ground.

Hrm. I picked up the perk that makes them glow though, shouldn't that help a little...?

• Options
    edited August 2018
    It might. However the distance you need to be from them for them to glow is pretty close, and since most ore nodes are against walls and away from pathways it won't help that much unless you are constantly running around near cliffs. However the distance you can see nodes with your eyeballs is much much bigger than the glow radius, so you really need to train yourself to spot them from a distance to find the sneaky little fuckers.

I'm much better at spotting nodes than my husband, which was a huuuuge boon for him when he was leveling his jewelcrafting. But even then, every time either of us spotted a node when he was at electrum level we stopped what we were doing to mine it, because finding it was hard.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options

Hrm. I picked up the perk that makes them glow though, shouldn't that help a little...?

Remember that you're also competing against everyone else trying to skill up Jewelrycrafting or sell to those that are and non-Platinum goes for more than Platinum due to how much of the latter we get from breaking down dungeon drop jewelry.

Plus we've been pretty conditioned to look for red bricks, plants, and wood at this point. New node appearances are hugely confusing.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    @Lucid_Seraph

Dropped off a few Copper, Silver, and Electrum Ingots I had lying around in the Ash Housewares guild bank. If you're still seam starved, I probably have some that got sucked into the crafting bag I'll fish out.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Got a jazz hands emote from a daily login loot crate. I'm fine with this.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    The guild that I'm in just to be able to sell stuff on their trader does a weekly run through the Imperial City sewers to kill some mini Molag Bal.

My husband and I tagged along.

We made it there and fought mini-Bal about five times. Halfway through the first time I realized no one was controlling the motherfucker and so I went into full tank mode to make sure he didn't squish anyone.

The Loot Gods were pleased by my efforts, rewarding me with a scamp pet, a soul shriven skin, and one of them real expensive runes.

Then I went to go buy glass style and ebony style from my saved up writs and my mouse decided to double click on glass style, buying it twice. I assume this was the Loot Gods way to make sure that I did not become over proud of their favor.

• Options
    I just had to manually download the recent patch files and place them in directories due to an issue ZOS keeps claiming is an ISP issue despite reporters having different ISPs and the fact that we could still download said files through our ISPs if we circumvented the launcher and just entered the file addresses in the launcher logs. I think I'm taking a hiatus from the game after this headache with customer support and only log on for things like finishing my jewelry research (just two more items to go) or if anyone needs a research piece or other thing crafted. I've already done almost all the content that held any interest for me anyway. Special events reserve the right to entice me.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    I just had to manually download the recent patch files and place them in directories due to an issue ZOS keeps claiming is an ISP issue despite reporters having different ISPs and the fact that we could still download said files through our ISPs if we circumvented the launcher and just entered the file addresses in the launcher logs. I think I'm taking a hiatus from the game after this headache with customer support and only log on for things like finishing my jewelry research (just two more items to go) or if anyone needs a research piece or other thing crafted. I've already done almost all the content that held any interest for me anyway. Special events reserve the right to entice me.

YES I NEED RESEARCH PIECES PLZ ;-;

• Options

I can make everything but Swift jewelry at present. I don't really keep trait materials for Jewlery or nirnhorn around so you'll need to toss those into the Ash Housewares back or mail them to me or something. I have tons of the other trait materials but you probably have those pretty squared away already.

Steam Profile
  • Options

I can make everything but Swift jewelry at present. I don't really keep trait materials for Jewlery or nirnhorn around so you'll need to toss those into the Ash Housewares back or mail them to me or something. I have tons of the other trait materials but you probably have those pretty squared away already.

Most of the trait stuff I have is currently dust, but I'll start chucking it in the bank. I've been getting some because I hit Jewelry seams *constantly* (as it's a great source of income)

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    The last reward for this months log in rewards is 100k gold, which eould help with my house buying fund. However, i have a horrible feeling I've missed a day or two, and am going to miss it by a day...

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @M-Vickers which house you going for?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    @M-Vickers which house you going for?

One of the mid range ones, about 500k. I'm not sure which one yet. At the rate I'm goung, it'll be quick to save up my monthly crowns and buy it that way. I really need to join a big trading hpuse, and get selling...

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    The last reward for this months log in rewards is 100k gold, which eould help with my house buying fund. However, i have a horrible feeling I've missed a day or two, and am going to miss it by a day...

Yeah, there's not a lot of wiggle room this month. I checked last night and I think I *might* be able to still hit the 100k mark. If so, yay, house for me too! :D

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    You don't even need to join a big trading guild, there are plenty of smaller trading guilds with low or even no fees or quotas which can help you sell your shit. As long as the guild has a vendor, your shit will sell, thanks to the Tamriel Trade Centre searchable website. It may not sell for as much as you could get at a major trade guild (because they snag the good and expensive as fuck vendor locations) but if you don't want to dedicate time to being a serious trader its way more comfortable.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    You don't even need to join a big trading guild, there are plenty of smaller trading guilds with low or even no fees or quotas which can help you sell your shit. As long as the guild has a vendor, your shit will sell, thanks to the Tamriel Trade Centre searchable website. It may not sell for as much as you could get at a major trade guild (because they snag the good and expensive as fuck vendor locations) but if you don't want to dedicate time to being a serious trader its way more comfortable.

It does help to deal in the kinds of goods people will search out and travel for if part of a more casual trade guild (though I'll point out that more casual trading guilds are not necessarily smaller. Their 500ish members just don't sell as much or donate as much as a major guild). I've typically made my fortunes in DLC style motif chapters I already had, nirnhorned research pieces, and more recently the occasional jewelry research piece. A few things are high enough in demand that even if you list them out in the boonies chances are someone in your guild will buy them like armor enchants (you need a lot of those after all), essence of spell power potions, and occasionally a style material that ends up in high demand for some reason. I sold a lot of the Sapiarch style material from Summerset. And raw crafting materials are always popular of course though metal and cloth much more so than wood and leather.

What has been less successful in a smaller guild are intricate items, tri-pots, essence of weapon damage, tri-stat foods, and provisioning ingredients. Tanks and stamina dps is less common than magicka dps and people trying to grind out crafting skills stick near big trade hubs. I moved a lot of all of these when I was part of guilds with vendors in Wayrest, Belkarth, and Mournhold but had much less success in lesser locations.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Hey y'all

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/9gwzh4/unlock_a_stunning_villa_mount_pet_during_the/

If you have Summerset, go and get all the Striking Locales (indicated on your map with the eyeball icon) (I almost wrote eyecon lol). If enough people do it, everyone gets a free house (!!!)

• Options
    quietjayquietjay Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular
    Hey y'all

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/9gwzh4/unlock_a_stunning_villa_mount_pet_during_the/

If you have Summerset, go and get all the Striking Locales (indicated on your map with the eyeball icon) (I almost wrote eyecon lol). If enough people do it, everyone gets a free house (!!!)

Do I need to do that on each character or only my main? ( Is the Pathfinder achievement account wide? )

Become a Star Citizen
  • Options
    quietjay wrote: »
    Hey y'all

Do I need to do that on each character or only my main? ( Is the Pathfinder achievement account wide? )

once per account

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Attention Ash Housewares folks: the guild bank was starting to get a little full, so I've taken the liberty of starting to clean out the furniture designs & motifs, since most of them have been in there for AGES and it doesn't look like anyone's going to actually use them up, and we need more room for Jewelry stuff. I could use some help, though, so, basically, I'm declaring open season on recipes, motifs, and diagrams etc. Same with siege, tbh; go dump some in Cyrodiil if you like. Please leave the Master Writs and crafting mats unless you're going to *use* them; those tend to wait around for a while. Everything else is fair game.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    Attention Ash Housewares folks: the guild bank was starting to get a little full, so I've taken the liberty of starting to clean out the furniture designs & motifs, since most of them have been in there for AGES and it doesn't look like anyone's going to actually use them up, and we need more room for Jewelry stuff. I could use some help, though, so, basically, I'm declaring open season on recipes, motifs, and diagrams etc. Same with siege, tbh; go dump some in Cyrodiil if you like. Please leave the Master Writs and crafting mats unless you're going to *use* them; those tend to wait around for a while. Everything else is fair game.

Noted. I have a fairly fresh provisioning character who would be super happy to pillage the bank of recipes... I'll take a look tonight. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Could you invite me to Ash Housewares? I just left a trade guild because they raised their weekly dues to 10k which is absurd. Especially when I'm not even trading.

I'm just unclesporky on there.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Could you invite me to Ash Housewares? I just left a trade guild because they raised their weekly dues to 10k which is absurd. Especially when I'm not even trading.

Well, AH isn't a trade guild...

also, I'm getting "account not found." Can you give me a character name?

• Options

Well, AH isn't a trade guild...

also, I'm getting "account not found." Can you give me a character name?

Oh I know, I don't care whether it's a trade guild, I just mean I have an open slot and I meant to join earlier.

Character name is Khopi. Do I have to be online to get invited?

• Options
    Invite sent!

• Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Just picked up the collection on Tuesday and now have a level 10 Breton Templar. I'm enjoying it so far, but was a little surprised I started out at the newest expansion. I did the Summerset Pathfinder (?) achievement for the event thing and several quests along the way. At some point I need to figure out where the original starting area was and check out the original story stuff. I have the letter to start Morrowind so that shouldn't be a problem to figure out.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    Getting on the original quest is easy.

From a way shrine go to any main faction city, so Daggerfall in the Glenumbra zone for Redguards, Bretons, and Orcs, Vuhkul Guard in the Auridon zone for High elves, Wood elves, and khajiit, or Davon's Watch in the Stonefalls zone for dark elves, nords, and lizards.

As soon as you port into the wayshrine a hooded figure will pop out of a portal and offer you a quest to go see your benefactor.

Go to where the quest arrow tells you and you will meet your benefactor, who will give you a really nice dagger and helpfully get you started on the beginning of the main quest.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    So I heard we're getting some free stuff on the 10th. Perhaps a mansion to everyone who owns Summerset.

I think they got the 100% of participants on the explore Summerset challenge.

oHw5R0V.jpg