As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures] Finn is a Big Deal

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Also that bumping rule didn't change. You never could shoot a ship you were touching, didn't matter whose fault. Except that one a-wing.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Huh?

His ... his pilot ability is, like, almost the same one he had before, except now since it's now Force-powered, he can potentially get two F->D on the first attack to target him each round?

Is it only the first one? I had been under the impression that it would work every time, I kept checking to see if it had some kind of exhaust to it

6F32U1X.png
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    It's actually pretty different before. Before it was only on defense, and only 1 focus to evade per attack. With the new version he could possibly change multiple if he has the tokens to spare.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    He has to spend multiple force tokens for that though and only recharges one per turn.

Edit: Ahh, he can recharge multiple with his pilot ability, however each Force spent only changes 1 focus result to an evade or hit. It's incredibly similar to his 1.0 ability, and there are a few cases where he can spend 2 force tokens at once, but I would not really rely on that on 2 green dice...

crimsoncoyote on
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Huh?

His ... his pilot ability is, like, almost the same one he had before, except now since it's now Force-powered, he can potentially get two F->D on the first attack to target him each round?

Is it only the first one? I had been under the impression that it would work every time, I kept checking to see if it had some kind of exhaust to it

Well, the first one he needs to. It’s somewhat unlikely (though possible) that he could do it a couple of times in a single round.

Luke has 2 Force points, and regens 1 per round naturally and, thanks to his pilot ability, 1 each time someone attacks him.

So, let’s say he doesn’t use any when he attacks, so when people start shooting him, he’s got both available.

The first enemy attacks him. He doesn’t regenerate any FP because he’s already at max. The enemy rolls a bunch of hits, and Luke rolls two Focus result. He spends 2 FP to turn them into Evades. He’s now out of FP.

The second enemy attacks, and Luke regens a FP. He now has 1. He uses it to flip 1 F to E, and goes back to 0. This results in the same outcome as his 1.0 ability.

The third enemy attacks him, regenning Luke up to 1 FP, and misses. Luke doesn’t need to spend his FP.

The fourth enemy attacks, and Luke gets another FP. He’s up to 2 now, and is maxed out. He has to spend both to flip 2 Fs to Es to not get hit, and is back to 0. This is somewhat better than his 1.0 ability.

The round ends, and Luke regens 1 FP. He’s got 1, so if he uses it to attack - or on a different Force Ability - he won’t be able to double-focus-to-evade the first attack against him this round.

I mean, if I were to summarize Luke’s ability, it would be “He always has at least 1 FP on defense.”

1 FP lets you turn 1 F result to an E result.

Therefore, Luke’s ability is “Luke can always turn at least 1 F result to an E result on defense.”

His 1.0 ability is “Luke can always turn 1 F result to an E result on defense.”

So apart from some corner cases around spending 2 sometimes, and Force Points expanded usage into attacks, his 1.0 ability and 2.0 ability are really, really similar.

Also, by default, he loses his access to Elite Pilot Talents. So that’s something to consider, as well.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    I've actually fallen out of the game for the better part of a year. Without steady income I feel left behind by the constant stream of new stuff even though the players in my group are more than willing to share.

The news of Republic and CIS factions being added has me legitimately excited to get back in, even more than the news of 2.0, and I can't wait to pick up a swarm of Vulture Droids and Naboo N-1s.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Having Republic forces means @DaMoonRulz and I can roleplay our Jedi brothers in X-Wing before the elder became an eyepatch wearing commander and the younger succumbed to the dark side.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I was talking to a friend about this, the new factions means that Empire has 4 fewer ships, and Rebels have 3 fewer(as the RZ2 a wing wasn't introduced until 2.0). Which clears up some of the crowding in those factions. This also means that the First Order and Resistance start out with 4 ships each, which is a low barrier to entry. And since there are now so many factions there probably won't be as many releases as quickly for each faction. I expect they will take turns.

DO3O00C.png
    Yeah, I would bet we don't get any 5-ship waves any more (aside from 1.0 rereleases). Especially if you're only focusing on a faction or two, the pace of releases should be easier to keep up with.

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna get 2.0 specific releases so I get all the updated models and get to be sorta more smoothly brought back into the fold

The weird thing though is gonna be the pretty small pool per faction for this setup phase though, cause everything each faction will have by the end of the year if you only go with their releases and nothing old:

First Order
    - TIE Fighter

Empire
    - TIE Advanced
    - TIE Fighter
    - TIE Reaper

Rebels
    - U-Wing
    - X-Wing
    - Y-Wing

Resistance
    - A-Wing
    - X-Wing

Scum & Villainy
    - Fang Fighter
    - Lando's Falcon
    - Mining Guild TIE
    - Slave I

That's a very odd pool

6F32U1X.png
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    That's a great card!

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I have pretty much every single Rebel ship and would rather just be able to convert them to 2.0.

Any idea how expensive that'll be?

I am in the business of saving lives.
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    I have pretty much every single Rebel ship and would rather just be able to convert them to 2.0.

Any idea how expensive that'll be?

Depends on how many of each you have

The $50 conversion kit includes stuff for up to this many of each:
    3 – A-wing
    2 – ARC-170
    2 – Auzituck Gunship
    2 – B-wing
    2 – E-wing
    2 – Ghost
    2 – HWK-290
    2 – K-wing
    2 – Millennium Falcon
    2 – Phantom I
    2 – Phantom II
    2 – Sabine’s TIE Fighter
    2 – U-wing
    2 – X-wing
    2 – Y-wing
    2 – YT-2400
    4 – Z-95 Headhunter

6F32U1X.png
    $50 for the conversion kit.
    $40 for the core set.

That's all you need.

edited August 2018
    "All."

:D:D:):|:(

Elvenshae on
    "All."

:D:D:):|:(

I mean...
    It's a steal compared to buying all the individual expansions...

yeah I'm in for about 200 bucks just getting ONE of everything in the first two waves

and that's with already owning the core set and a Y-Wing

6F32U1X.png
  • TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    I was perfectly content to wait for the official 2.0 release, but I came out of Gencon with a new core set and an Imperial conversion box. Game has its hooks set again for sure.

edited August 2018
    TheColonel wrote: »
    I was perfectly content to wait for the official 2.0 release, but I came out of Gencon with a new core set and an Imperial conversion box. Game has its hooks set again for sure.

I'm kicking myself for not buying anything extra, I entered the preview event and now am stuck with only the core, a Y-Wing, Saw's Renegades, and a Reaper for a full month

I don't even have Wedge! what's even the point!

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    edited August 2018
    Well, if it makes you guys feel better with your GenCon exclusives or whatever, I've currently got jack and shit and everything on preorder to arrive in a month.

So there.

:D

Elvenshae on
    but I want a Fang Fighter nowwwwwwwww

6F32U1X.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    It was so cool to finally get pics of the fang fighter with its wings twisted, though it does confirm they still put the peg on the bottom instead of out the engine. I'm sure someone will mod it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    It was so cool to finally get pics of the fang fighter with its wings twisted, though it does confirm they still put the peg on the bottom instead of out the engine. I'm sure someone will mod it.

Like a B-Wing?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    This isn't X-Wing related, but figured you'd all enjoy it anyway.

So my sister sent me a huge box of photos from my childhood, most of which I've either never seen or hadn't seen in decades. One picture was of my 6th birthday. While I don't remember much of the party, I never forgot the cake:

uqy7iecsy24q.jpg

Yup, that's a 1982 custom rendition of an X-Wing cake. While it's not 100% accurate (where are the wing cannons?!), the fact it looks that good is amazing on it's own. I remember the color scheme having blue, red, and yellow on it.

Anyways, enough of my old man talk and childhood cake memories. How about that 2.0?

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited August 2018
    First looks at prequel ship models

csrhz0rm9ez9.jpeg
    xj43dtigcc7r.jpeg

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    Can I get an Obi-wan crew upgrade that lets me tear the Darth Maul pilot/crew card in half?

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fuselage wrote: »
    Can I get an Obi-wan crew upgrade that lets me tear the Darth Maul pilot/crew card in half?

Sure, but that's only going to take him out of the game for a turn, maybe two.

Anakin's Pilot card should be bonkers strong. Very excited to see his reveal.

PT stuff is great. Happy to see it's finally available.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    So, which faction is going to get the Sith Infiltrator?
    Galactic Republic (Maul was working directly for Palpatine) or Separatist (since they were also working for Palpatine through Maul)?

I think it'd be fun to have it on the same side as your Jedi interceptors and whatnot.

see317 wrote: »
    So, which faction is going to get the Sith Infiltrator?
    Galactic Republic (Maul was working directly for Palpatine) or Separatist (since they were also working for Palpatine through Maul)?

I think it'd be fun to have it on the same side as your Jedi interceptors and whatnot.

Hey, thpoilerth!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    I’m glad there will be at least one set of factions with more variety beyond “well, what can THEIR X-Wings and Tie Fighters do”

6F32U1X.png
    How did I not realize the Reaper and Saw Renegades had 2.0 components, even if some of the wording doesn't match the rest of 2.0?!

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fuselage wrote: »
    How did I not realize the Reaper and Saw Renegades had 2.0 components, even if some of the wording doesn't match the rest of 2.0?!

It was a late announcement.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Delta-9 fighters
    Eta-2 fighters
    Alpha-3 V-Wings
    Naboo N1 fighters

A respectable list that is already the same numerical size as the Resistance or the First Order and only represents a fraction of the various Galactic Republic ships available.

They're also really, really freakin' small.

Turkson on
    oh h*ck
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    ... What are you talking about? Was there an announcement I missed?

DO3O00C.png
    I was guessing Turkson was trying to figure out what they could use for the Old Republic ships.

They could use the Corvette, maybe a new mold where it's a bit less greebly than the Rebellion one, or the Consular Cruiser from Ep1 for their huge ships.

Could also use the Torrent fighter and the ARC-170.

My guess would be for the Republic and Separatists:

Republic:
    • Eta-2 (Obi-Wan/Anakin ep.3 ship)
    • ARC-170 (should be removed from Rebellion IMHO)
    • Naboo N-1 Fighter
    • Delta-7 (Obi-Wan ep.2 ship)
    • Z-95 (technically was around)
    • Y-Wing
    • V-19 Torrent
    • Consular cruiser (large base)

Separatists:
    • Star Courier (Maul's ship)
    • Belbullab-22 (Grievious ship)
    • Droid Tri-fighter (ep.3)
    • Ginivex-class fanblade (Ventress ship)
    • Rouge-class ship (Cad Bane's ship)
    • Vulture Droid ship (ep.1&3)
    • C-9979 Heavy Transport (ep.1 droid cargo ships)
    • Punworcca 116-class interstellar sloop (Dooku's sail ship)

That's not a bad set of 8 ships for each faction to get started with.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page