As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Eternal Card Game] Set two, Omens of the Past, released!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Trying my first event and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing.

y2gumrgwr1re.png

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Solid two faction deck that could probably drop a sigil if you had another solid playable.

Changeestick is one of the best new commons, it's just so good.

Harbinger's Bite is sorta marginal.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Big Rakano seems like a problem.

I am also SUPER sick of Praxis.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Aggro seems like a problem.

I am also SUPER sick of Aggro.

Face is the place

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Bronze III problems and all, but it's the year of our lord [current year] and there are still people playing control decks where Icaria is the only wincon. zzzzzzzzzzzz

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Consistent turn 5 Icaria is just pretty hard to beat, really.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

How the fuck

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular

How the fuck

Bulletshaper

• Options
    Tynnan wrote: »

How the fuck

Bulletshaper

Oh, well. If you can't consistently kill a 2/3 by turn 5 you're probably asking for it. I thought there was some out of hand way to cheat it from the deck to the board.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    If I scream MANA as loud and as long as I can, will they please discard my entire deck until a Power card shows up?

Cantido on
  • Options
    WHY IS EVERY MASTERS GAUNTLET BOSS PURE RNG WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS FUN

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    So I'm 7-3 in my first week of sealed (rank 361), and the last five games were all determined by weapons. Both in my favor (lol karmic gaurdian) and against me (giant Big Bois stall whoops they rip a valkyrie wings, whoops this guy gave flying to an auric bully four separate times).

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Tynnan wrote: »

How the fuck

Bulletshaper

Oh, well. If you can't consistently kill a 2/3 by turn 5 you're probably asking for it. I thought there was some out of hand way to cheat it from the deck to the board.
    I've been playing a couple of decks that win by 'going bigger' that don't pack as much removal. That said, they still have 12 spells that can deal with Bulletshaper, I'm having trouble drawing them.

Also, Bulletshaper (or sometimes rarely combustion cell) is the definition of 'cheating Icaria out on turn 5'. :p

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    torch's value just goes up and up with each expansion

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Torch is a Good Card.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I believe this is what they call a 'feels good man'.

kMEM0tD.png?1

Sidenote, of my last ten games nine of them featured my opponent playing Momentum Builder. I think that card might be good. Fits with the 'weapons are dumb' theme, which makes sense.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    My new Sealed pool is absolute poop soup. Which I’m not surprised about after my nutty one last month.

In other news: I recently built FJS Control and holy heck THIS is my kind of deck. Absolute pleasure to play. It’s certainly not the BEST deck out there, but I’m really enjoying it. And finally crafting it really got me the staples I needed to make a lot of other decks (like Charge Rod, likely my next craft) much cheaper.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Oh right, forgot to actually post my pool! My old tried-and-true limited success factor of "fucktons of two drops". The Wyrmstones with the Sharpened Reflexes have been doing a ton of work, the warcries have consistently been doing great things, the discard-for-a-spell bears are generically great and further make the Wyrmstones worthwhile, and Karmic Guardian wears hats well. Both relic weapons have caused huge swings when I get them on-curve. And of course Twinbrood and two silences are still just ludicrous value.

MaWJR1r.png?1

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Okay I'm actually going insane. It is not okay to have three straight games featuring the stupid time Instigator on curve followed by four pieces of removal/silence. It is not okay for them to also have three tricks with which to blow me out on top of that. The fact that it was specifically two safe returns in one game and specifically three stand togethers in another is throwing me off the deep end, especially as both of those safe returns targetted the same Awakened Student while the two others they had drawn by turn four beat me up.

It's the 75 card deck game! I should very specifically not be losing to multiple copies of the same card, even less so multiple copies of two specific cards!

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    That sounds like my last few days playing Ranked. It has NOT been pretty.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I think part of the problem is that, due to the perception of "non-games" caused by insufficient resources, the mulligan system, markets, and general redundancy have resulted in a game that has significantly less variance than MTG has with its smaller deck size. This can be readily observed in the fact that few — if any — top tier decklists have more than 25 sigils. At one point that was the sole dominion of the most aggressive lists, but now you'll find that the most power-hungry of Control decks are dedicated to playing only the minimum required.

In essence, you have to play like your opponent always has "it".

metaghost on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I've been on that for ages. I never put in more than 25 sigils unless I get screwed like five games in a row, because the redraw system being there is just asking to be abused. Now that people are actually abusing it that means something is fundamentally messed up.

Markets also seem like some sort of mistake, and especially making the bodies as good as they are was a mistake.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Markets. My God, Markets.

Players now have an entire sideboard on tap. Every PT game successfully plays quadruple Crown of Possibilities.

And I wish they would take a long hard look at their 1-drops.

Cantido on
  • Options
    Alright shuffler, now you're just taking the piss.

wO3QnUo.png?1

Bonus: I sure hope you didn't want to do anything with those minions of yours.

GgixaYp.png?1

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    I think my baseline for mid lists is 26 sigils* while my aggros (excluding Skycraggro) go 27. I don't try to abuse the shuffler too much because that goose hates the bejeezus out of me. I ditched Privilege of Rank from my Rakano mid list this weekend in favor of Lingering Influence because I was consistently mulliganing into 2 power hands and dead on board before finding the third.

*Includes tactics/monuments but not seeks

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Privilege of Rank in Rakano is for discarding to Bulletshaper.

Most of my lists use 25 sigils, but if they need more I play Seeks or Favours or what-have-you to get up there. Control usually has 30-32 power sources, midrange more like 28.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Privilege of Rank in Rakano is for discarding to Bulletshaper.

Most of my lists use 25 sigils, but if they need more I play Seeks or Favours or what-have-you to get up there. Control usually has 30-32 power sources, midrange more like 28.
    Yeah I get the combo. But it feels REAL bad when you're stuck at 2 power and have that Privilege sitting in your hand mocking you. I'd rather give up on "the dream" and play cards that can help me out of clunky draws.

EvilMonkey on
  • Options
    Sometimes you get stuck on power. You'll remember those times with far more intensity than the times you don't.

You can also stick a dual power seat/banner/crest or whatever in your Market if you're worried about getting stuck on 3. I've done that in some bigger decks, like Feln Cleaver (splashes Time for Banish, Ayan, Time Merchant/Market and killer effects because Aegis is EVERYWHERE).

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    It's funny that in the like five Forges I've done the past few days I've been mana screwed six times and five of them came against the boss. And this time, since it's the master's boss, I die in four turns to a flying Censari Brigand while I'm at two power of one color after a mull (and have a three-mana ramp/fixing in hand, naturally).

Oh also, by funny I mean this mode is fucking garbage and I despise that it's economically advisable to suffer through it.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Is there an article on Eternal's Mulligan? I'm interested in hearing more on how Eternal has less variance than MtG.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Sealed is telling me I'm ranked 75th which is patently insulting because I dropped from 7-3 to 12-8 and somehow that shot me up two hundred places. I assume as the week goes on I'll find myself at like 750, because this world is all false hope and lies.

Edit: I've won three giant monster Combrei mirrors (SO MANY SAND WURMS) by just grinding them to dust with Moondial, one of two adds from this week's pack (the other being a vanilla 2/1 flier for 3, which has also provided dividends just for trading). Literally stalling out at <10 (often <5) health for 7+ turns by drawing 2/turn and jamming all my shit down.

Edit: Another one! Like the same exact blueprint. Drawing cards is good.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I am so fucking done vs creatureless control pilots that are full of BM bullshit

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh goodie, the ten weekly event games rolls over. Didn't have time for all mine.

• Options
    My sealed pool gained nothing of value again. Probably going to wait until the last week and power through 40 games in a weekend FWOOOOH.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I am so fucking done vs creatureless control pilots that are full of BM bullshit

At least they're easy to detect. If they start the spam after the first kill spell I just hit the mute button.

• Options
    My Xenan deck seems pretty weak vs control, and can stumble vs go-wide aggro sometimes. Maybe I should change it up some.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Ahaha, holy shit. I just had a draft game where my opponent slammed knucklebones, which I managed to blow up a few turns later but they kept drawing little shitters to stop my lethal attacker. Two turns later they're hovering over the card they just drew a bunch and I think "it's Madness, I'm dead."

Create-a-Temper bear do kill my deathtoucher. Madness my 7/7. Even I was laughing like a maniac after that.

Oh yeah, I also just nightfall'd them to 1.

Edit: Ugh, and then after that this deck that's like 70% removal ends up 2-3 because this guy literally just picked every berserk unit (4 territorial elfs!) that beat the shit out of me while I was somehow on air. I got bodied by that hotblooded barbarian again because I had all of my one-health threats.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Oh goodie, the ten weekly event games rolls over. Didn't have time for all mine.

I think if you hit the info button it says that you dont lose the chance to do games.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    In case anyone missed it DWD changed how Ranks work a bit. Basically you can no longer derank from Diamond to Gold, Gold to Silver, Silver to Bronze. You can still drop from, in Constructed, Silver II to Silver III but you’ll never drop a whole tier (except for end of chapter stuff)

This applies to Ranked AND Draft

APODionysus on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Mmmm okay I've officially lost faith in the Eternal devs. Not necessarily in terms of maintaining balance, but in developing a fun game. It was bad enough that it's trivial to run Harsh Rule and Hailstorm in the same deck, but they print another fucking Harsh Rule? The seven mana one might be unplayable, but six is infinitely more attainable and so the stupid minionless (wait, not minionless, because merchants are also dumb) decks can equip a Sword of the Sky King and then literally clear my board for FOUR STRAIGHT TURNS AFTER CASTING TWO HARSH RULES EARLIER.

And the worst thing is that shit is popular. If that was some fringe meme deck it'd be whatever but Icaria Blue and TJP Armory and Temporal Distortion are decks that people actually play and you run into multiple times a day and it's completely awful. At least in HS there weren't power draws so games against fatigue decks actually ended and a deck never had more than four playable wraths so if you had enough shit you could overpower them without beating them quickly. In this game it's like pulling teeth.

Edit: To not be a pure complainer, I do have a suggestion to fix this. Every good removal spell needs to go up in influence cost. Torch to RR, Perma to PP, Harsh Rule to JJJJ. Hailstorm could probably stand to go straight to 4 mana. Make these frustrating four color piles actually play like four color piles.

Maybe institute a rule where every color beyond your second ups influence costs or something. It can't be this easy.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg