As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Norman’s Guy

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited August 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Norman’s Guy

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    vardisvardis Registered User regular
    The cake is a lie.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    This party's cool. But I wish there was a way to find the geeks and gamers in the crowd.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    This seems to be a comic released far past the relevance of the reference unless my old ass has missed something and NMS is still talked about nowadays.

Which is possible. I’m not the most up to date dude.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Kagera wrote: »
    This seems to be a comic released far past the relevance of the reference unless my old ass has missed something and NMS is still talked about nowadays.

There have been many substantial updates to the game that reports say have vastly improved on the shell that was originally released. It's recently been back in the Steam charts so it must have built some kind of new momentum.

I think 'proper' multiplayer may have just been added which would fit with the comic.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    JermsJerms Registered User regular
    Surely eating perambulating cake with eyes is even worse than eating found cake.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I dunno, his main complaint seemed to be that cake is not naturally occurring.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JermsJerms Registered User regular
    I dunno, his main complaint seemed to be that cake is not naturally occurring.

True, true.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Hello Games just released a massive, massive update called No Man's Sky Next, and the game also launched on XBox One. They turned their already pretty good space exploration game into a pretty great space exploration game.

Also, I too call it Norman's Guy! Hah, that was a neat surprise when I loaded up the site this morning :D

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I actually just bought No Man's Sky on PSN back on Monday, because it was on sale for $26 on that date, and also because I've heard a lot of buzz about the NEXT update for it. So far I've really enjoyed it. I'm still learning, and I don't really know what I'm doing, but I'm having a fun time doing it.

For those wondering, they have added things like base building, true multiplayer, space trading with aliens, and more robust ship building since launch.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    "It's chocolate."
    "It's murder."

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Galactic Cake-Beasts don't have souls. Proven scientific fact. I've scanned them with my soul scanner and it came up all 0's.

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    "It's chocolate."
    "It's murder."

"Delicious mouth watering murder."

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Galactic Cake-Beasts don't have souls. Proven scientific fact. I've scanned them with my soul scanner and it came up all 0's.

Those were o's, as in "ooooo, what a lovely soul"

You monster

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Finally cake can be naturally occurring. IN YOUR FACE JERRY!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SadgasmSadgasm Deluded doodler A cold placeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Isnt cake already naturally occuring? I mean, not in it's finished form obviously but the ingredients are out there

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That would make literally everything "naturally occurring"

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Sadgasm wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Isnt cake already naturally occuring? I mean, not in it's finished form obviously but the ingredients are out there

Well its a call back to an old PA about Gabe finding a fully baked cake in the wild.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    "It's chocolate."
    "It's murder."

"Delicious mouth watering murder."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4w6V-PbPKM

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Jerms wrote: »
    Surely eating perambulating cake with eyes is even worse than eating found cake.

The eyes are the best part, they're filled with frosting.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I like that everybody is talking about the cake and not the ass-tree.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Hello Games just released a massive, massive update called No Man's Sky Next, and the game also launched on XBox One. They turned their already pretty good space exploration game into a pretty great space exploration game.

Also, I too call it Norman's Guy! Hah, that was a neat surprise when I loaded up the site this morning :D

I’m glad to be updated on the state of the game. Even though I don’t have the time for it I always wanted a game like this and am even more impressed after the initial hate brigade against it the developer stayed in and turned it around. Good for all involved!

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

It's a cheeky design. Well rounded.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Jerms wrote: »

The eyes are the best part, they're filled with frosting.

I generally can't deal with food that can look at me, but here I'll make an exception.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    doompookydoompooky Wild (Let's Draw A) Horses Couldn't Drag Me AwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018

I'm no doctor, but if you know an ass that looks like that, it needs to go to the hospital right away

doompooky on
    we7ek91hy97o.png
  • Options
    KredKred Registered User regular
    doompooky wrote: »

I'm no doctor, but if you know an ass that looks like that, it needs to go to the hospital right away

They clearly discovered planet of the apes.

baboons-004.jpg

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Not if it contains any elements with atomic number higher than 98

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

Not if it contains any elements with atomic number higher than 98

We make those from naturally occurring elements, so by the given logic, still all natural.

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/g1B9DOric2A

• Options
    How arrogant we humans are. "Oh, things we make aren't naturally-occurring." As if we aren't part of nature. As if we aren't still subject to its rules, even with all we've built. As if a reckoning will be postponed indefinitely.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    How arrogant we humans are. "Oh, things we make aren't naturally-occurring." As if we aren't part of nature. As if we aren't still subject to its rules, even with all we've built. As if a reckoning will be postponed indefinitely.

Enh, which you say "everything is natural", then you've basically just tossed the word in the garbage. Beyond e.g. "everything", words aren't generally very useful when there's nothing they don't include. As such, I think it's pretty reasonable to say something like a skyscraper isn't "naturally occurring". It's our word. We invented it to use to describe things that we didn't make.

dennis on
  • Options
    dennis wrote: »

Enh, which you say "everything is natural", then you've basically just tossed the word in the garbage. Beyond e.g. "everything", words aren't generally very useful when there's nothing they don't include. As such, I think it's pretty reasonable to say something like a skyscraper isn't "naturally occurring". It's our word. We invented it to use to describe things that we didn't make.

Does make you wonder where on the natural vs artificial spectrum beaver dams might fall as some of them are bigger some manmade ones.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dennis wrote: »

Does make you wonder where on the natural vs artificial spectrum beaver dams might fall as some of them are bigger some manmade ones.

It's not really about big versus little, or complex versus simple. Diodes are not "natural", even though they are very small and simple. It's not even about something that can occur in nature. If we mix sodium and chlorine in a lab to make salt, it's not "natural" salt as it it's something humans made. It IS still "salt", of course.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I'd say beaver dams aren't naturally occurring, because they require the work of an animal to assemble them. Ditto for things like bird's and wasp's nests.

Otherwise you'd have to draw the line at the difference between sapient life (like us) and merely sentient life (all the other animals).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's fair to say natural is stuff not made by humans and vice versa. Since we're humans and we're the ones using the word.

• Options
    I'll go ahead and clarify that I was exaggerating for comic effect, before a real argument evolves around a point o was not making in faith.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I think we all got that, just seemed like an interesting conversational point to kick around.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Fair enough.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Otherwise you'd have to draw the line at the difference between sapient life (like us) and merely sentient life (all the other animals).

That's exactly what "natural" means, in this context. Anything not made by human beings (directly or indirectly).

Where it gets really tricky is when you bring the extraterrestrials into it...

dennis on