As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PokemonGo at PAX West 2018?

PaxFans2018PaxFans2018 Registered User new member
Will there be anything going on for PokemonGo Families this year at PAX? Any special events or releases? I heard they had Unown at PAX East... Is that true? Will West have similar event?

• Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Adding friends and meeting up at pax to trade could be fun imo

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    It's still early, but I don't remember any specific events for PoGo last year. It was pretty hit and miss; signals seemed poor (likely because of, well, PAX) and you basically had to leave the CC to get a signal, and even then about half the time my GPS couldn't find itself (I just sat there in PoGo Purgatory, waiting for something to happen, but it never did :()

Then again I hear that's basically how all the events go (crashed servers, nobody able to play), so maybe that IS their attempt at an event? I really couldn't say :rotate:

(disclaimer: it might be my phone/carrier that sucks)

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Niantic tends to spawn Unowns spelling the name of the event they're at (PAX, GDC, SD COMIC CON), and they also did LETS GO! for E3. It's likely they'll still be promoting the upcoming Let's Go, so hopefully they'll spawn something for us. Cell reception in general is poor in the WSCC during PAX, but the special spawns usually extend for a several block radius.

A trading meet up would be great. Swapping friend codes now would be good so we can work on those friendship levels to save some dust, especially for special trades.

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    ctiwolfctiwolf Registered User regular
    Cascade games usually does a pokemon go games where they have competitions for pogo. That would seem like the best place to meetup or ask them to set up a friends list as the eggs you collect will count towards miles traded. Sdcc had a pokemon area and the friends and trading area seemed to work well. Ill have a ton of unowns from san diego to trade so hit me up

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    I'll be coming from Calgary if anyone needs trading mileage.

• Options
    Assuming people are comfortable with it,, lets share friend codes. Let's be friends in Pokémon GO! My Trainer Code is 8761 7995 4127!

• Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    1842 8771 9953

• Options
    RiverglowRiverglow Registered User regular
    If anyone has a tropius or relicanth that they're willing to trade me, I have a ton of shinies up for offer... (I can list them all out if anyone is interested)

• Options
    DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular
    I'd say if there isn't an "Official" event we could get a group together for some trading for sure!
    If anyone is going to the Tri-Wizard Drinking on Thursday night I'll be there, or any other time during the weekend works too.

Trainer Code is in my signature 8-)

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • Options
    I'd say if there isn't an "Official" event we could get a group together for some trading for sure!
    If anyone is going to the Tri-Wizard Drinking on Thursday night I'll be there, or any other time during the weekend works too.

Oh cool. Im the huffledrunk house elf this year so I'll be there

• Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    Did my first Legendary Raid at South , so I'm sure there are plenty of us out and about at West

• Options
    DruidsFlameDruidsFlame Registered User regular

Oh cool. Im the huffledrunk house elf this year so I'll be there

Well.... At least you're in the right house!

sEf3HzW.png
    PAX PRIME 2018 Status: Badges [√] Room [√] Waiting [ :x ]
    PoGo Trainer Code:4505 8413 2232
  • Options
    wolfemancswolfemancs Registered User regular
    My only missing Gen 1 in my Pokedex is Kangaskhan. Anyone have one they'd be willing to trade at PAX? We could become friends now, and it wouldn't cost TOO much by then....

• Options
    thetemp2011thetemp2011 Registered User regular
    My Friend Code is 7710 1630 7530

• Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    Friend code: 2447 2629 7294

I’m coming in from Philly if you need to rack up miles!

• Options
    waffledogwaffledog OhioRegistered User regular
    Sorry to bump! Hoping there is a POGO meetup sometime during PAX - for sure would love to get some regionals. Heading in from Cleveland and have some Unown I can part with from GDC :)

6017 1197 2699

8350v4w8udyb.png
  • Options
    emrobinsemrobins Registered User regular
    My trainer code: 3016 2178 5465

• Options
    Bad news everybody. Cascade games just anounced they are not coming to pax this year. So no general place to meet up to trade codes or pokemon. If you want to have a meetup it might be best to set something up at the handheld lounge as there doesnt appear there is going to be a general pokemon area this year and the pokemon league should be there in the lounge

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I would think the handheld lounge area would be a natural place to do this anyhow

• Options
    BrandobarisBrandobaris SeattleRegistered User regular
    My Friend code is 2782 6659 8978. See everyone next week at PAX.

PSN: Brandobaris
    3DS: 0817-4905-9201
    XBL: Brandobaris
  • Options
    MizuRyuuMizuRyuu Registered User regular
    My code is 6602 2129 7824. I should have tons of babies and some Tauros for trade

• Options
    I hve a bunch of san diego comicon unown letters for trade also. See you all soon

• Options
    Should we actually set up a time to meet up or is this a hope for a spontaneous meeting thing at the handheld lounge?

• Options
    gerankelgerankel Registered User new member
    Lvl 40 from Whidbey Island going to my first ever PAX. I'm only able to attend on Mon Sep 3 because of work commitments. For those that attended PAX East...did the Unowns still spawn on the last day of the convention? (technically not the weekend)

I live in BFE and Unkown dont exist on my little island. :(

• Options
    Id be up for a trade meetup time. Let me know when people prefer like morning afternoon or after the hall closes etc. as yo when the unown stop spawning they typically stop spawn after that night as they run for awhile after the events end usually

• Options
    ctiwolf wrote: »
    Id be up for a trade meetup time. Let me know when people prefer like morning afternoon or after the hall closes etc. as yo when the unown stop spawning they typically stop spawn after that night as they run for awhile after the events end usually

I like the idea of meeting up in the handheld area after the expo hall closes

• Options
    The way trading works in Pokemon Go, we might want to consider more than one meetup over PAX. Trading a Pokemon not in either party's Pokedex is considered a "special" trade - and I believe you can only do one special trade per day :\

8350v4w8udyb.png
  • Options
    VampelleyVampelley Registered User regular
    my friend code is 1652 9787 0206 i dont have anything really cool to trade. some babies but im really good at sending gifts :)

• Options
    waffledog wrote: »
    The way trading works in Pokemon Go, we might want to consider more than one meetup over PAX. Trading a Pokemon not in either party's Pokedex is considered a "special" trade - and I believe you can only do one special trade per day :\
    So maybe daily at like 6ish?

• Options
    Sounds good! 6 at the handheld lounge.

8350v4w8udyb.png
  • Options
    VampelleyVampelley Registered User regular
    Hey everyone. Unown had been been at stops tonight 3 versions they spell PAX. Teehee.

• Options
    emrobinsemrobins Registered User regular
    Vampelley wrote: »
    Hey everyone. Unown had been been at stops tonight 3 versions they spell PAX. Teehee.

I'm a little sad that it only spells PAX...they could have done PAX West or PAX Seattle. At least more than three letters. Dont get me wrong I'm glad they're there but still. They could have done more for us.

• Options
    same. But any Unowns is better than none, I suppose

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Currently hanging out by this sign near handheld. Gotta head out at 7 tho.0h53e4j9hzqi.jpg

waffledog on
    8350v4w8udyb.png
  • Options
    mattropolismattropolis Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    I'll be at PAX on Sunday 9/2 and will meet with whomever at 6:00pm at the Handheld Lounge.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PAX/comments/9bzqbt/pokemon_go_trading_at_pax/

I have some Mr. Mimes, Farfetch'd, Volbeat, and a few unown's that I'd trade for the following:
    Kangashkan, Heracross, Corsola, Torkoal, Tropius, Relicanth

mattropolis on
  • Options
    Any chance for a last call meetup? The only thing on my schedule is the omegathon final at 5:30. Maybe like 3:30 at 2nd floor handheld lounge?

8350v4w8udyb.png