As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shopping at PAX?

tiishitiishi Registered User regular
Hi all, I'm a first time PAX goer so I was wondering what are some of your favorite booths to hit up or shop at?
Those things are my priority since my sister and I only have Friday passes.
Also I was wondering if there are any booths that sell fight sticks, since watching EVO this year kinda has inspired me to finally get one.

Thanks everyone, and i'm sure excited to attend!

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I personally love hitting up Fangamer and Sanshee, as well as Limited Run Games.

As far as fight sticks are concerned, those tend to be a bit more rare at PAX. You might get lucky if Bandai Namco is there since they sometimes offer limited edition versions of sticks, but you might be better off buying one from the stores that are running EVO promos right now like Arcade Shock.

Edit: Qanba is also running a sale with a 15% off code "EVO2018"

IncreaseBlue on
  • tiishitiishi Registered User regular
    I personally love hitting up Fangamer and Sanshee, as well as Limited Run Games.

As far as fight sticks are concerned, those tend to be a bit more rare at PAX. You might get lucky if Bandai Namco is there since they sometimes offer limited edition versions of sticks, but you might be better off buying one from the stores that are running EVO promos right now like Arcade Shock.

I'll check those out, thanks for the recs!

• yoshman7yoshman7 Registered User new member
    Every year the Capcom Booth usually has fight sticks. They also have grab bags that are usually great value and you can usually choose a theme for the grab bags.

yoshman7 wrote: »
    Every year the Capcom Booth usually has fight sticks. They also have grab bags that are usually great value and you can usually choose a theme for the grab bags.

That's really cool, I didn't know that! I was planning on checking it out but that's even more incentive to do so! :biggrin:

• Croatian SensationCroatian Sensation Registered User regular
    I enjoy going to the Dark Horse comics booth. They usually have some awesome art books, comics, and figures from various video game franchises.

• ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    If Pokemon has a store this year (they don't every year) definitely hit it up ASAP if you're into that. They had a ton of great stuff last time they were here and sold out of a lot of the best stuff after day 1. Still kinda regret not getting the "life-size" Bulbasaur last time but I have no idea where I would've put it.

Some stores are fun but easily found online or in other stores, like the Squishable booth. It's nice to see them in person to get a better idea of the size and feel but you can find them quite readily at your local toy or novelty stores. Same for board games, though both booths could of course be running con-exclusive deals.

I enjoy going to the Dark Horse comics booth. They usually have some awesome art books, comics, and figures from various video game franchises.

Awesome!

Scunosi wrote: »
    If Pokemon has a store this year (they don't every year) definitely hit it up ASAP if you're into that. They had a ton of great stuff last time they were here and sold out of a lot of the best stuff after day 1. Still kinda regret not getting the "life-size" Bulbasaur last time but I have no idea where I would've put it.

Some stores are fun but easily found online or in other stores, like the Squishable booth. It's nice to see them in person to get a better idea of the size and feel but you can find them quite readily at your local toy or novelty stores. Same for board games, though both booths could of course be running con-exclusive deals.

That's good to know, thank you! :smile:

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    My favorites are the ThinkGeek and Glitch booths. ThinkGeek has had at least one great thing I've wanted to buy every year, and the Glitch booth has gaming clothes that I actually want to (and do) wear.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
    Pavio wrote: »
    My favorites are the ThinkGeek and Glitch booths. ThinkGeek has had at least one great thing I've wanted to buy every year, and the Glitch booth has gaming clothes that I actually want to (and do) wear.

Gaming clothes? That sounds pretty dope!