As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    TBH I think the variance in success can be mostly explained by the difference in money people spend, combined with some randomness

We'd need to get a lot of data from people, stratified by amount spent, to get proof though

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I've gotten screwed on some banners (like this one) and lucky on others (second Shishou), and average RNG elsewhere. I don't think there's a way to prove or disprove seeds, so I'm inclined to think that they aren't a thing.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    For every time I've done well

There's a Scathach banner where I've come up empty

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Every time I see someone say that the secret to getting 5-stars is to level someone until you get a great success, then pull immediately after, I die a little

Partially because nonsense rumors like that are frustrating, partially because I’m afraid it’s true and I’ve wasted so much quartz

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Completely forgot about the event. Was gonna start doing it tomorrow and see where I get. Did not get Tamamo. Contemplating life and probably not gonna do the event. Much sadness.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    JP Summer 2018 CM is out, confirming summer Medb and someone who appears to be Summer BB (but since there's a million and one Sakuras, who knows).

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    JP Summer 2018 CM is out, confirming summer Medb and someone who appears to be Summer BB (but since there's a million and one Sakuras, who knows).

And check out who is flying through the air near the logo at the end

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Man watching that CM makes me jealous of JP

Our summer event is a slog

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    On the bright side, at least Summer Marie's trial quest is great?

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Got Summer Mordred on my second pull

Got absolutely nothing worthwhile except event CEs on banner 2

Good thing I exercised restraint, I guess!

IKknkhU.gif
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    TBH I think the variance in success can be mostly explained by the difference in money people spend, combined with some randomness

We'd need to get a lot of data from people, stratified by amount spent, to get proof though

Actually setting up code to tie things to account seeds sounds way more complicated than just having an RNG do it's thing. I'm more inclined to say it's just the nature of luck. For the longest time, the only non-charity gold servants I had were Stheno and Drake (through Saber Wars, I think) and then all at once I got a flood. Kiyohime is still the only luck I've ever had on event banners, but on the other hand, I've dropped 60 quartz and 20 tickets total on this event.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Went fishing for Summer Mordred! And got her eventually!
    And was spooked by Regular Anne/Mary (new to me), and Astolfo.

Oh, and, uh. Well.

Let's just say a certain person who says mikon~ a lot and uses an umbrella.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    One thing I do like about Part 2 thus far
    Tamamo is basically Satan to the boars.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I just skipped all the cut scenes in both events because the writing was bad and the event was dumb.

On the up side I just need to collect a ton of experience and I can have Summer Anne ready to go.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Oh lord. One of the people on my friends list appears to have finally broken through medal hell and Ascended their Archtoria too. Only they're sticking with the goofy-as-fuck third sprite instead of the second or first.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I will go with the goofy third sprite, but nobody will ever know because she's not cool enough to get a spot on my support lineup

I've tried adding a bunch of you recently, but you all have maxed friends :(.

I'm on the list, but I do have some openings if anyone needs a summer Tama, Anne, and Jack.

Tell me your IG name and I'll bump a person for you. I give priority to forum peoples.

I'm bad about even checking my friend requests these days, but I'll always add forumers if asked

Madican wrote: »
    Tell me your IG name and I'll bump a person for you. I give priority to forum peoples.

Tchel

Number's 892,273,681

Oh lord. One of the people on my friends list appears to have finally broken through medal hell and Ascended their Archtoria too. Only they're sticking with the goofy-as-fuck third sprite instead of the second or first.

First of all, how dare you

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

Not me. I have a lvl90 Squirtoria in her 2nd sprite on my Support List.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Also I sent a friend request to you, Tcheldor

I'm OopsAllCstrs

I think this is the first time I've seen an event acknowledge choosing the female Master instead of being male-oriented by default.

I'm OopsAllCstrs

Ah, I saw that one. That's a great name BFL.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Martha's trial quest is just great.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

I'm OopsAllCstrs

Ah, I saw that one. That's a great name BFL.

I suggested it to him and I’m very proud of it

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Tchel

Number's 892,273,681
    Cleared someone off, request sent.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    BugBoy and I just visited the fox God shrine

No Tamamos were spotted, but we saw a cat and a snake

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

Inari? Did you climb the full path? I was there just a few weeks ago!

Hey Tcheldor, I sent a request your way, if you'd like a fully powered Queen of the Land of Shadows available to you.

[edit] Those of you on Android devices, do not update to Android 9 (Pie) yet. F/GO is not compatible with it.

IronKnuckle's Ghost on
    Which is really annoying since I just got the update available this morning

Thanks for the requests. Got 6 of em.

Merlin's claim to fame is no longer unique.
    Scathach can also be a cock wizard because runes apparently.

Can't wait for those star absorb weight runes

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    "You are a cheap, chaotic cocktail of cola, sugar, creams, and churros!"

I really want to know what line originally said in Japanese.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Heh, the scene that gives you Scathach was amusing.

Oh well, quests and building done. Onward to farming!

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy

Inari? Did you climb the full path? I was there just a few weeks ago!

We wanted to, but it got dark and we are cowards. So we only made it up partway. About 20 minutes from the summit is where we turned around.

It was really beautiful, though! The view from even partway up was stunning.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Merlin's claim to fame is no longer unique.
    Scathach can also be a cock wizard because runes apparently.
    Shishou continues to be the best.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I never farm for the regular skill gems/crystals because nobody ever needs more than a handful. Except Martha...

She's going to be stuck at level 1 skills for a while, I guess.

uyvfOQy.png
    I was expecting someone different in this cave.
    Of course I picked the Tesla option.