As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Big Trouble in The World Tree! Traveler/Evil Victory - Thanks for playing

38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid againwait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
edited August 2018 in Critical Failures

a1Re6b3.png
All life, love, and peace has its start within the heart of the World Tree. A tree that is miles in diameter and grasps the outer reaches of the sky with its tallest branches. Several peaceful civilizations live and thrive within it, some living in the trunk, some in the branches, and some amongst the leaves. Life is idyllic for all the citizens of the many towns and kingdoms of the tree. This is thanks to the fantastic sap that flows through the tree, the water of life. The two most powerful kingdoms in the World Tree, the Elves of the trunk and the Dwarves of the highest heights take great care to protect this water and thus maintain peace and prosperity in the tree and the world.

Produced and directed by 38thDoe
Special thanks to @Egos for balance testing

What’s all this now?

This is a game of peace and happiness. I can't imagine anything threatening might happen here. I assume this will end with a shared everyone entering victory. If by some outlandish miracle things do get threatening I'm sure you could just vote the threat out of the game.

In the chance that happens, you might look at the link below for more information.

General rules of Phalla can be found here. New players are welcome as are old of course.

Specific rules can be found below:

Standard Phalla Rules/Mechanics:

You must vote each day. Vote in bold red for whomever you think is likely to be a threat to you. The winner of the vote will be eliminated every night. Tie votes will kill both people involved and the person causing the tie. Be careful.

In addition, everyone should make at least two posts each day. Failure to vote or contribute will lead to warning and replacement. One of these days I'll track this sort of thing. I'm serious!

Do not directly quote anything from PMs with me, or take screenshots of them. It is okay to paraphrase role PMs however.

Do not add other players to PM conversations.

Do not anonymously contact anyone.

When you die you may make one ghost post which cannot contain any game information whatsoever.

Ask for clarifications in Bold DarkOrange. You can always PM me with clarification requests, or post them directly in the thread. If you have questions about your role you should probably use the PM method to avoid giving away info to the other players. They are *already* suspicious of you.

Make sure you invite me to any PMs or proboards you might form.

Order of actions: VOTE >Inquisition>Guard>Kill> ???

The Day will Close at 8PM EST. I’M OLD!

Signup in bold limegreen

jdarksun wrote: »
Psycho wasn’t converted. That was the big one.
Clarification: he died Dwarven Villager. He still could have been infected or whatever, maybe his communications were tapped; all we know is that he died Dwarven Villager.

Can death results be trusted?

Yes...
Cythraul wrote: »
I'd believe it were a pacifism game if we dind't get warned for not voting.

Is abstaining from the vote a legit vote?

No.
jdarksun wrote: »
38thDoe wrote: »
LostNinja - Dwarven Paladin
Also this is fascinating when compared with:
Egos wrote: »
Virgil_Leads_You - Elven Villager
Are these death results true and accurate? ie, LostNinja was a Dwarven Paladin - not Dwarven Villager - and Virgil_Leads_You was an Elven Villager, not Elven Executioner or whatever?

Yes. Death results can be trusted. LostNinja was a Dwarven Paladin when he died. Virgil Leads You was an Elven Villager when he died.

38thDoE on steam
🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀
38thDoe on

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Player List:
    1. Auralynx
    2. AustinP0027
    3. kime
    4. jdarksun
    5. Preda Gizzy
    6. JPants
    7. Virgil_Leads_You - Elven Villager
    8. Bluecyan - Elven Villager
    9. premium - Elven Villager
    10. discrider - Shattered Husk
    11. Mrpaku - Elven Villager
    12. PsychoCucumber - Dwarven Villager
    13. LostNinja - Dwarven Paladin
    14. Wildcat
    15. Locus
    16. vagrant_winds Romantic Undead
    17. Cythraul - Dwarven Villager
    18. Erin The Red - Elven Villager
    19. chamberlain
    20. ObiFett
    21. SlimJim - Dwarven Villager
    22. Bedlam
    23. Brody
    24. facetious - Dwarven Villager
    25. SaberOverEasy
    26. MrTLicious - Dwarven Villager
    27. ...

Reserves:
    1. Romantic Undead
    2. Gizzy
    3. Element Brian

Narration Links:
    Opening Narration
    Day One
    Day Two
    Meanwhile in the Branches
    Day Three
    Day Four
    Day Five
    Day Six
    Host Notes

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I was unaware that there were also happy giant trees, but Bob Ross would probably be cool with it.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    I was unaware that there were also happy giant trees, but Bob Ross would probably be cool with it.

+3 Chill Points.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Ah yes, the Pacifist ending. That's always worked, right?

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Everything is in harmony on the World Tree

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    ...Faxanadu?

wVEsyIc.png
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    ...Faxanadu?

Oh dang, I think you're right!

Which bodes ill, since I could never figure out what in blazes I was supposed to be doing in that game.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• PredaPreda Registered User regular
    More peace, for (almost) everyone!

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Sign me up!

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Yay! A phalla appeared!
    The worldtree prophecy has been made real.
    We gotta prepare!

Go fuckin crazy with all your energy

VayBJ4e.png
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    There'll be no sadness, no sorrow
    No trouble, trouble I see
    There will be peace in the tree for me

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    ok

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

And we'll push someone else off, because falling Dwarves always need a friend

discrider on
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    sure, I'll join your hippie commune

• PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    Please don't mind my avatar, I'm just here to take in the sights. Sign up!

No, uh, no gods around here, right?

• LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    The mafia are evil lumberjacks aren’t they?

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    !Sign up, please.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    I am assuming this is a House of Leaves phalla and no one can convince me otherwise.

Locus wrote: »
    I am assuming this is a House of Leaves phalla and no one can convince me otherwise.

The Faxandu evidence seems pretty strong, but given the authors we can't trust it 100%.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

The Faxandu evidence seems pretty strong, but given the authors we can't trust it 100%.

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

How is everyone feeling about weekends? It seems to be difficult to get activity on weekends if previous trends continue. Would just having weekends be a day off be best? Sat+Sun combined extended day? I'm open to ideas.

Also how do people feel about vote closes at 3-4PM EST vs 8PM EST?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Hi.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //

How is everyone feeling about weekends? It seems to be difficult to get activity on weekends if previous trends continue. Would just having weekends be a day off be best? Sat+Sun combined extended day? I'm open to ideas.

As long as the game doesn't START on the weekend, personally I"m good either way.

Saturday- Sunday combined seems like the best way in my opinion. Probably extending to Friday or Monday on a holiday weekend

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Burn the tree to the ground, I says. Tear it all down!

I think people were generally against taking weekends off entirely, but personally I am in favor of that option. So the day would end on Friday, and the next day would begin on Sunday and end on Monday (with provisions for holiday weekends). While I can always check the forums on the weekends and get a vote/action in, it is difficult for me to make any substantive posts.

I'm also in favor of earlier vote close. Though people in the US will likely be working or at school at 3-4 PM, so I'm not sure how feasible it is for everyone else.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    No time for Phalla until September.
    Looks fun though!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think that combined day weekends have evolved into actual phalla cancer.
    It's like, I shouldn't bother posting or checking the thread on a Saturday because probably nobody else will and it's frustrating to post something and then see no responses for like a full day. Then comes Sunday morning, I check and there's still barely any activity, let's just put this phalla off until later in the day, if I still remember... And so on, like a self perpetuating cycle of nobody doing anything because nobody is doing anything. It feels like giving everyone extra time just discourages activity.
    I can't imagine most of us are really busier on the weekend, seems like a lot of us have full time jobs during the week and more of us have spouses/kids/etc to come home to in the evening than we used to.

For me, I'm on my computer all day at work. I browse the forums a lot ("waiting for things to compile or something like that!") :P. On the weekend, I'm out or watching the baby almost the whole day. I can browse on my phone, but it's a lot more annoying to play Phalla on my phone. I sometimes get a couple hours in the morning/evening on weekends, but it's not consistent.

So it's not the worst thing to have phalla on weekends, it just doesn't mesh well with my schedule. Nothing to do with the activity level overall.

Steam profile
    premium wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that combined day weekends have evolved into actual phalla cancer.
    It's like, I shouldn't bother posting or checking the thread on a Saturday because probably nobody else will and it's frustrating to post something and then see no responses for like a full day. Then comes Sunday morning, I check and there's still barely any activity, let's just put this phalla off until later in the day, if I still remember... And so on, like a self perpetuating cycle of nobody doing anything because nobody is doing anything. It feels like giving everyone extra time just discourages activity.
    I can't imagine most of us are really busier on the weekend, seems like a lot of us have full time jobs during the week and more of us have spouses/kids/etc to come home to in the evening than we used to.

As kime's saying, I think it's more a problem of competing commitments (and sometimes lack of access to a screen due to them) that've accumulated as the phalla population has aged, not literal lack f availability. I agree that it hasn't been the best way to solve the problem, though!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

premium wrote: »

As kime's saying, I think it's more a problem of competing commitments (and sometimes lack of access to a screen due to them) that've accumulated as the phalla population has aged, not literal lack f availability. I agree that it hasn't been the best way to solve the problem, though!
    I think premium is right that extended-day weekends is a half-measure that has caused more harm than good. While I personally favor no phalla on weekends (because it fits my circumstances better), I think having weekends be regular days is still better than extended-day weekends. Ultimately it comes down to whatever works for the host, though.

I wouldn't necessarily mind having weekends done away with, but I think the issue there for people might be A, forgetting between Friday and Monday there *is* a phalla, B, acquiring unforseen adult responsibilities over the weekend that sadly back burner the phalla, or some combination both

I think the real issue to work around is the momentum killing premium rightly describes happening over the weekend. If you just said see you see you guys Monday, would Monday be a similar "everyone is fashionably late to the party" situation? Has it ever been tried?

mrpaku wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily mind having weekends done away with, but I think the issue there for people might be A, forgetting between Friday and Monday there *is* a phalla, B, acquiring unforseen adult responsibilities over the weekend that sadly back burner the phalla, or some combination both

I think the real issue to work around is the momentum killing premium rightly describes happening over the weekend. If you just said see you see you guys Monday, would Monday be a similar "everyone is fashionably late to the party" situation? Has it ever been tried?

I don't remember anyone ever skipping the weekend entirely. I wouldn't be opposed to trying that?

I'm fine with normal weekend 24-hour days too, but I personally will find it harder.

Steam profile
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'm of the opinion that you won't know how it works until you try it.

So I vote to skip weekends completely and see if that hampers/helps/does nothing.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Come Saturday/Sunday morning he's lying in bed
    With his eye all red, with the wine in his head
    His weekdays looking to be better instead

I'm of the opinion that you won't know how it works until you try it.

So I vote to skip weekends completely and see if that hampers/helps/does nothing.

I'm ok trying this. Would probably get better results than having normal days all weekend.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    What's all this then?

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Nope.

Still dead.

Have fun y'all.

@Kaplar is that a signup?

@Erin The Red need to update my lists.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀