As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I'm about halfway through part two of the summer event, and man is this a nosedive. The first part was silly and fun, and this one manages to both be vaguely depressing and shallow. Like they wrote the whole second part in twenty minutes.

Bring back secret dude fort!

The trial quests remain silly, at least.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I'm about halfway through part two of the summer event, and man is this a nosedive. The first part was silly and fun, and this one manages to both be vaguely depressing and shallow. Like they wrote the whole second part in twenty minutes.

Secret dude fort was razed, killing all inside.

/vaguelydepressing and shallow.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    I thought I was playing Fate, not Dan Rather. Danger Rope. Dan...Dangansomething.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I decided to throw 5 tickets at the JP summer banner. Back to back rainbow spooks got me dupes of Jack and Tamamo, decided to say fuck it and went all, got Summer Jeanne.

Which, yay! Except now I'm gonna have to spend money if I want to try for Summer MHX (who am I kidding, I was 100% gonna spend money on that banner either way...)

Edit:
    dY8csnl.png?1

Hell yeah, look at this edgy dumbass. Not permanent yet, but once part 2 releases and she's here to stay I will officially have Every Jeanne in both FGO and Granblue.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular

Spoilers though the end of the event
    The thing with the Boar of Arthurian legend was way too cool to be wasted on this dumb event

Plus if they’d saved him for something serious we probably wouldn’t have had those awful piglets

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    The difference between S.Jeanne's base and FA is kind of stark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqjSePR9sj4

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Jeanne's second look is so far and away the best one that it's kind of ridiculous.
    I wasn't that interested in her and was actively hoping that somehow she wouldn't be on the same banner as Ibaraki until I saw it.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Okay I love both MHX's and Jeanne's second forms

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Yeah, Sumner Jeanne is never, ever, leaving her second ascension sprite.

But apparently the lore behind her third form is that Marie designed it which is kinda cute.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    FYI, the final buildings that give Lore will EACH give a Lore, so even if you don't care about the rest, try to make an effort to demolish and rebuild those.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I have three whole quartz stocked up and ready to go when Martha’s Rate Up hits

Everything will surely go my way!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    I have three whole quartz stocked up and ready to go when Martha’s Rate Up hits

Everything will surely go my way!

Congrats on your
    Ath nGabla!

Do not click on spoiler until after you draw

Happy fun fact that people may not realize at first:
    Y'know how a lot of these Summer units have party buffs that do better for males?

Orion is still classified as a male unit.

So enjoy your hilarious anti-Male Tama/Orion team or your all All Arts Archer All The Time Squirtoria/Orion team with extra synergy.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Orion is male

It's Artemis that isn't

edited August 2018
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Orion is male

It's Artemis that isn't
    Yes, but given the unit art and sprite and general depiction, it's not something that people may actively think about.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    I have an extremely silly idea for a team that involves 3 summer units with the male-only star generation buff and Assassin Emiya

The plan is simple: Emiya generates infinity stars and then Tammy goes to Crit Town

I have an extremely silly idea for a team that involves 3 summer units with the male-only star generation buff and Assassin Emiya

The plan is simple: Emiya generates infinity stars and then Tammy goes to Crit Town

I can confirm sending a servant to crit town is great fun.

edited August 2018
    I just want to run S.Marie+Saberlot and see what happens. You don't even really need a third unit at that point. (Regular Tamamo/Squirtoria/Waver all seem like solid choices)

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

Probably works just as well with Jack, even if she doesn't have the crit star bonus going on.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Well, I can't really be happy about getting one gold servant in ~60 rolls. But that gold servant was Martha, so I'm not unhappy either.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Got my NP5 Martha. SSR rateup wasn't a lie but SR rate-up sure as heck was. Ate my Prisma Event budget.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Madican wrote: »
    It took 700+ quartz for one copy of Archtoria.
    Wait hold on you have NP3 Squirtoria also

How much did you spend?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Spectrum wrote: »

How much did you spend?

I'm never quite sure what variety of marine life anyone is in this thread, but that's no guppy.

On the other hand it's really handy for farming. NPAA chain refunding 150% NP is insane.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    There's no good reason I should throw my remaining 30 quartz at the gacha. Except how I only lack one of the limited Servants. But I don't need that Servant. But I also don't need most of the Servants I got from the gacha.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I'm just grinding away Part 1 hoping for the limited CE to drop.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Spectrum wrote: »

How much did you spend?

The other copies came pretty easily after the initial drought. Which ironically enough is when I turned my desire towards more NP levels for the 4* Servants.

Only Summer servant I missed out on was Marie, which I'm okay with

As much as I love Marie, she's not a very good servant in either incarnation

This was essentially my last hurrah until Merlin because I have little to no interest in any of the upcoming gacha Servants between. I might however do at maximum one pack for CE pulls for Halloween and Nerofest, since I don't have those and Nerofest = lottery. But I can also wait for Christmas which I do have CE's for.

Babylon banner will hit me

I want two, maybe even all three rate up servants on the first Babylon banner

Which sucks because that hits right around the same time as Merlin

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    The next servant I’d really like is Ishtar

I might buy the biggest quartz pack just once when Martha’s rate up comes around, since literally the only summer servant I got is a single Mordred. She’s the one I wanted most, but it’d be real nice to have Martha or Squirtoria. If that fails me I’ll just resign myself to having the worst luck in the thread, as usual.

IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »

I might buy the biggest quartz pack just once when Martha’s rate up comes around, since literally the only summer servant I got is a single Mordred. She’s the one I wanted most, but it’d be real nice to have Martha or Squirtoria. If that fails me I’ll just resign myself to having the worst luck in the thread, as usual.

Summer Martha's rateup is right now

Stilts wrote: »

Summer Martha's rateup is right now

So she is

Bought the pack, had enough for 6 ten-pulls

Only 4* servant was a Helena Blavatsky. No 5*’s, obviously. These banners have been pretty cruel to me.

Oh well. Not gonna do any more. I’ll whale for Caster Nero, but no one else.

IKknkhU.gif
    I'm mostly clear until the New Year, I think.

Gorgon's a grail target off Babylon, then I'm going in hard on Musashi.

I'll do some token pulls for Nero Bride redux and for Merlin but won't go heavy.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Nero Bride is tempting, but she’s a 5*, so if I’m being realistic there’s very little chance I’ll get her without spending A LOT. So that quartz will be better saved for Ishtar.

IKknkhU.gif
    I'm hoping I can eventually pull some more Saberlots, I'm not really going to worry too much about Musashi even though she's really the only good 5* Saber

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    @vagrant_winds NP4 squirtoria 2/1/2 for shame

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    Put the rest of my tickets into Archuria/Martha banner. Got Marth NP3, so winning. No idea what I'm saving for next.

Second part of the event is such a pain in the ass to farm. All the Rulers have a bonus to Realta Ore? The boss of the node is an Avenger because fuck you. Want Cement? The only Caster, on a node filled with Assassins, with a bonus is Hans.

Maybe you should be using Hans, he's rad

Last 5 tickets into Banner 1. Garbage as usual.

XNnw6Gk.jpg