As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Arcanum, you know that old troika game.

• RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Awesome game with one of the most badass manuals known to man. Seriously, all the little essays on the technological items and"magical evolution" put it above even the BG2 and Sacrifice manuals combined.

Ratmike on
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ratmike wrote: »
    Awesome game with one of the most badass manuals known to man. Seriously, all the little essays on the technological items and"magical evolution" put it above even the BG2 and Sacrifice manuals combined.

And don't forget the Halfling Banana Bread recipe in the back, which I actually made once, and was quite good.

Bloodsheed on
    Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I really, really want to finish this game. I played it when it came out, and I was totally in love with the world, and the music is unbelievably kickass.

But, and I realize this is my own fault, whenever I try starting it I never know which character I want to play. There are so many choices, that whenever I finish a character, as soon as I start playing, I'm like "Gwah, maybe I should make a new character". It's killing me, because it never happens in any other RPG, and I really do want to play it, since I'm hot for Troika.

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I loved this game. The story and all the detail was really impressive. I played as a high magic character and pretty much rocked the house. I tried a tech chr right after I beat the game and I thought "meh." Honestly though that could easily have been old allegiances.

Where can one even get this game now? When I played it, it was my old college roommate's game.

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jeez, once again you guys have made me want to get another game. And I only just got System Shock 2. I hate you.
    I love you.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    How feasible would it be to make a half orc mage or tech-type guy? Or are they only suited for fighting and the like?

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Darmak wrote: »
    How feasible would it be to make a half orc mage or tech-type guy? Or are they only suited for fighting and the like?

The only thing that would set you back is I think they start out with slightly lower intelligence than a human, but that's not a bad thing, you would just be more of a hybrid, like a battle-mage or tech tank.

Jasconius on
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Does anyone know where I can find a reasonably priced copy of this game? All the ones on amazon are used and way to much.

Neaden on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The game manual was awesome talking about the whole magic versus technology aspect of the world and then game was just utterly terrible. It was like playing a horribly stripped down version of Fallout. Gone was the clever writing, gone was the solid advancement system. It was all gone. And then I was sad.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I found it dull and very difficult to get into. Although I think a large part of that is that I was trying to be a technologist and never bothered with the magic stuff. Either way combat got ridiculously hard for me (and real-time mode was just Benny Hill).

I pretty much gave up during that cave with all those Rock Golems in it. I had a completed upgraded guns skillset and the elephant gun, but it was doing piffly damage against them. Melee was pretty uselss too. I can only guess that magic would have worked better.

Also, I found the music really irritating. I'm not quite sure why but it just grated against the very surface of my eardrum, like a cheesegrater against a chalk board. And the grater is full of mice. And on fire.

subedii on
  • HalberdBlueHalberdBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Cherrn wrote: »
    I really, really want to finish this game. I played it when it came out, and I was totally in love with the world, and the music is unbelievably kickass.

But, and I realize this is my own fault, whenever I try starting it I never know which character I want to play. There are so many choices, that whenever I finish a character, as soon as I start playing, I'm like "Gwah, maybe I should make a new character". It's killing me, because it never happens in any other RPG, and I really do want to play it, since I'm hot for Troika.

I have that problem in any RPG where you create your own character. Usually I can hurdle such an obstacle after a day or so of thinking though.

But a game where you create your entire party, like Icewind Dale? I will fret for weeks about the exact makeup of my party before starting. And by then I have usually lost half my interest in the game. Which is probably why it took me like 6 tries each to get through both Icewind Dale 1 and 2 because I'd get halfway through the game and then decide I wanted a different party, but didn't want to go through the whole game again and so wouldn't play it again until 6 months later.

And my friend just happened to have a copy of Arcanum lying around. Says he got it at a garage sale, from somebody who never opened the box. He never opened the box either. :D

HalberdBlue on
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Me and a friend were all set to start Arcanum Baldur's Gate style multiplayer, and team up our characters through the game. It took us about an hour and a half to realize the game does not have Baldur's Gate style multiplayer.

I never did finish this. My first char was a half-ogre fighter type. Or rather my first character that got anywhere--all the others were gunslingers or dwarven gunslinger inventors. They got nowhere. Oh, and a mage that raped faces pretty consistently. I both adored and loved making characters in this game. Backgrounds were fun, and there were lots of choices that were neat and fun, and it was cool to have a little story there or whatever that wasn't just something chosen for me. But with five points to spend, I felt like I wasn't doing much, which is weird because you don't get /much/ more control over a Fallout character starting off, but since you are kind of either a half-trog fighter, mage, or lump of turd, it felt like I couldn't do much with it at all. I guess because of what Steel Angel, Steel Angel, Steel Angel, Steel Angel, Steel Angel and Steel Angel said above.

It was really cool though :(

piL on
  • PaleCommanderPaleCommander Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    There are a huge number of ways to go through the game, but some of them get more or less story and plot twists. For my money, it's best with a Gnomish Persuasionist, with a secondary in magic. High Intelligence is necessary to get some of the best dialogue options, and the early game is rough when you rely on followers for combat, but by the time you get summoning and disintegrate, the game gets easy enough, and a lot of the quests get more satisfying endings.

An amazing game, especially if you're willing to look past some of the bugs.

PaleCommander on
    steam_sig.png
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I can't be the only one who wishes MS had bought Troika up when they were having trouble and immediatly put them to work on a Shadowrun RPG? Right? Because with enough time and some decent QA I truly believe Troika had it in them to make an absolutely amazing game. They always came same so close and then got rushed right at the end. I cried a little on the inside the day I heard they closed down. I still love all of their games to little pieces.

Edit - Also one of the ex troika devs is heading up a project for the source engine that looks promising. It is called Dropship here is some linkage. http://www.rpgcodex.net/gamedetails.php?id=364

corin7 on
    edited December 2007
    subedii wrote: »
    I found it dull and very difficult to get into. Although I think a large part of that is that I was trying to be a technologist and never bothered with the magic stuff. Either way combat got ridiculously hard for me (and real-time mode was just Benny Hill).

I pretty much gave up during that cave with all those Rock Golems in it. I had a completed upgraded guns skillset and the elephant gun, but it was doing piffly damage against them. Melee was pretty uselss too. I can only guess that magic would have worked better.

Also, I found the music really irritating. I'm not quite sure why but it just grated against the very surface of my eardrum, like a cheesegrater against a chalk board. And the grater is full of mice. And on fire.

There are actually 2 caves with Rock Golems in it but I will assume you're talking about the Black Mountain Mine. That's the part of the game that will get most frustrating if you haven't started side questing. If you go to Ashbury and pick up Dog and a few extra levels, the mines become pretty easy.

Tech, in my opinion, can be far more powerful than magic, you are limited pretty much only by your cash flow which is no problem if you don't mind killing Mystic Women in the outskirts of cities, they carry shit tons of cash. But guns DO have some drawbacks, like killing elemental creatures. If you really want to bust up some people as a tech character, get a Pyrotechnic Axe. The Pyro Axe doesn't receive item damage from wailing on ANYTHING, and it has two types of damage to cover most bases.

Tech is also the only way I've been able to solo the game (no followers).

Jasconius on
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    One of the tech lines has a recipe to make healing things from really common ingredients. It's the first or second thing in the tree too, so I always make it a point to grab that one.

If you want to go guns I'd recommend putting some points into the Electrical tree, up to Tesla Rod, and in Chemistry for both bullets and batteries (I think they're both Chemistry). That way you can get the Tesla Bolt Gun and make your own ammo. Round that out with some homemade hand grenades and you're set. The grenades are also a good source of income, they cost 150 to make (buy black powder and look in trash cans for the tin cans) you get 3 per combine, and they sell for 750ish each.

Playing as a magic guy can be fun, but it always felt so typical. To me, most of the fun of a steampunk setting is actually engaging with the technology side of the setting. Sure, you can be a magic sword guy and walk around Tarant thinking "Wow, look at the steam powered stuff", or you could shoot elves with your High Quality Revolver. I can't stress how much fun shooting elves is. I mean, come on, they're magical, foppish tree people, and you just shot one in the chest with your pistol, while wearing a three piece suit.

God damn it I wish I hadn't lost my install disc.

Craigopogo on
  • Random Name GeneratorRandom Name Generator Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Jasconius wrote: »

I was able to do this as a good Force/Conveyance mage. I remember disintegrating that undead pirate captain's guards, then blasting through him. Took so many fatigue potions to survive that encounter.

Random Name Generator on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, Gateway Time Out errors, lag on posts showing up, and being really fucking tired aren't a great combination.

Anyway, lots to say so I'm not even going to try to quote everyone . . .

Regarding the Looking Glass Rifle, in the initial release that gun was what made all the crap you had to go through as a gunslinger worthwhile. Then they nerfed the hell out of it in the first patch. There was a HUGE jump in power when you got that thing in the unpatched game and nothing else compared for a tech character. Post-patch, I wound up using the Tesla Rod more than anything else as a weapon. It cooked anything in armor really quickly. Easily the best tech ranged weapon post-patch, which is sad since it didn't come from gunsmithing. While tech is weaker than magic for the most part, it's not so much that tech is bad so much as GUNS are bad. The charged rings from electricity may be the only tech rings in the game, but that +dexterity bonus is nothing to sneeze at. The well-balanced sword smithing can make rather early on is absolutely deadly due to its speed when you give it to either a fighter with high strength or a rogue with good backstabbing skill. After a while, I just had my rogues fight in their smoking jacket and not bother with armor since everything would die in the first round of combat anyway. Back in the day, it was pretty much agreed on that no matter what kind of tech character you were, electricity was always a useful discipline to take up.

Half-orc mages work quite well. The only mages that don't work well are dwarves and half-ogres due to magical and stat penalties respectively. Half-orcs are just ugly, not stupid. I made a rather powerful female half-orc necromancer. While for the most part tech had more flavor, there was something just really, REALLY fun about being able to kill a boss and then reanimate its corpse as your minion. I had a zombie bigfoot creature walking around smashing things for a good length of time.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    edited December 2007

I was able to do this as a good Force/Conveyance mage. I remember disintegrating that undead pirate captain's guards, then blasting through him. Took so many fatigue potions to survive that encounter.

Oh yeah, well Force is ridiculous. The final spell in Force can one-shot everything right up to Kerghan's door, so... yeah. I think I did Force my first time through, but WITHOUT the final super-blessing. It was not easy.
    So, Gateway Time Out errors, lag on posts showing up, and being really fucking tired aren't a great combination.

Anyway, lots to say so I'm not even going to try to quote everyone . . .

Regarding the Looking Glass Rifle, in the initial release that gun was what made all the crap you had to go through as a gunslinger worthwhile. Then they nerfed the hell out of it in the first patch. There was a HUGE jump in power when you got that thing in the unpatched game and nothing else compared for a tech character. Post-patch, I wound up using the Tesla Rod more than anything else as a weapon. It cooked anything in armor really quickly. Easily the best tech ranged weapon post-patch, which is sad since it didn't come from gunsmithing. While tech is weaker than magic for the most part, it's not so much that tech is bad so much as GUNS are bad. The charged rings from electricity may be the only tech rings in the game, but that +dexterity bonus is nothing to sneeze at. The well-balanced sword smithing can make rather early on is absolutely deadly due to its speed when you give it to either a fighter with high strength or a rogue with good backstabbing skill. After a while, I just had my rogues fight in their smoking jacket and not bother with armor since everything would die in the first round of combat anyway. Back in the day, it was pretty much agreed on that no matter what kind of tech character you were, electricity was always a useful discipline to take up.

Yes, most guns ARE bad, I think Troika assumed that "gunfighter" was probably a narrow-case type of character, and that most gun users would probably have something about them to balance out the mediocrity of guns. If you are a gunfighter, Charisma is good to jack up for the followers, so is Trap Disarming and Lock Picking since you don't have the door bashing abilities of a brute.

Unfortunately I never finished my gunfighter game, so I don't remember what was good.

As far as what technology trees to ramp up, Electricity IS a good one, for the Dex rings.

Your primary concern in choosing what tech trees to spend skill points in should be if anything on those learned schematics is an ingredient for an item you really want. Usually high end "found" schematics require advanced "learned" items to craft, so it's best to advance your trees down there to learn those schematics.

The actual aptitude ratings are almost meaningless, because as a Tech guy, you will *eventually* be filthy rich and you can buy text books from Tarant University to artificially up your skills.

But, as a default, Electricity is the safest bet, and then Gunsmithing or Blacksmithing depending on what your character does.

If your a gunfighter, I think Mechanics gets good too because you can build some sort of goggles that give you a couple of extra PE.

Jasconius on
    edited December 2007
    Ok, so I thought the box was unopened, but I guess it wasn't, because there was no manual D:

I made a Dwarf melee-dude. I have an axe and a shield, and I got the skill to make spike traps. I'm in the first town and can't get by the bandits on the bridge. I've done all of the side quests I've gotten so far that don't involve me getting past the bridge. Virgil and I are level 5. There is an ogre in the tavern that it appears can join me, but I'm guessing my charisma isn't high enough. I put a point into it to bring it to 8, but he still won't join me. My beauty stat is 7, and the number is red. All the rest of my stats are white. What does that mean?

It seems like the blacksmith restocks his large spring every day, so I'm thinking I'll just make like a dozen spike traps to kill these bandits. The best I can do is kill their leader and then get raped by the two ogres. EDIT: Nevermind about that. I could have sworn I've bought two large springs from him, but maybe I bought the other one from the junk dealer. 6 spike traps doesn't seem to be enough D:

HalberdBlue on
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My beauty stat is 7, and the number is red. All the rest of my stats are white. What does that mean?

A red stat means that there's some penalty to it at the moment. With beauty, it's probably due to something getting a critical hit on you and scarring you. One of the pages in your journal records the times you've been scarred.
    It seems like the blacksmith restocks his large spring every day, so I'm thinking I'll just make like a dozen spike traps to kill these bandits. The best I can do is kill their leader and then get raped by the two ogres.

You could also just pay the toll and return later to kill them. It's a very tough fight if you're not a runaway circus ogre or half-orc. It's the first time you're really made to consider options beyond just killing stuff.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You can also talk your way out of it if you have the Speech.

august on
    edited December 2007
    I don't have the money to pay them off, I spent it all on my shiny shield so they wouldn't kill me so fast D: It didn't seem to help much though. Am I just better off restarting at this point? I probably made some dumb choices leveling up too. And yeah, I see now that I scarred myself, which is why my beauty is down.

HalberdBlue on
    edited December 2007
    Ok, so I thought the box was unopened, but I guess it wasn't, because there was no manual D:

I made a Dwarf melee-dude. I have an axe and a shield, and I got the skill to make spike traps. I'm in the first town and can't get by the bandits on the bridge. I've done all of the side quests I've gotten so far that don't involve me getting past the bridge. Virgil and I are level 5. There is an ogre in the tavern that it appears can join me, but I'm guessing my charisma isn't high enough. I put a point into it to bring it to 8, but he still won't join me. My beauty stat is 7, and the number is red. All the rest of my stats are white. What does that mean?

It seems like the blacksmith restocks his large spring every day, so I'm thinking I'll just make like a dozen spike traps to kill these bandits. The best I can do is kill their leader and then get raped by the two ogres. EDIT: Nevermind about that. I could have sworn I've bought two large springs from him, but maybe I bought the other one from the junk dealer. 6 spike traps doesn't seem to be enough D:

Sodd Mead-Mugg doesn't join you unless you have a Charisma of 9 (don't ask me how I have this shit memorized).

As for the bandits, like the above guys said, you have to consider alternative options. They are nearly impossible to kill unless you have either a leveled up Sodd Mead-Mugg or are a perfectly stat/skilled character at that level.

Other options include:

Convincing them you are a member of their organization (Persuasion).
    Offering to destroy building supplies (Evil path, might get you banned from town, I don't remember).
    Pickpocketing the key from the main man.
    Paying the toll.
    Using grenades found earlier in the game near the crash site (possible but not guaranteed to work).

If you can either kill them or persuade them, you will get a handy fate-point.

Unless you assist their evil plot, coming back at any point in the game, killing them, and reporting your success to the Constable will effect the ending of the game.

Jasconius on
  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I really enjoyed this game, but the combat it in is possibly the worst system they could have used. You get to choose between poorly done turn based or atrociously awful realtime.

JohnDoe on
    edited December 2007
    The biggest road block in the game for most people is either one of the two dwarven cave dungeons.

The first is the Black Mountain Mines which you will be sent to shortly after you complete the main story arc the first time you arrive in Tarant. Most people screw up and go straight there after leaving Tarant which is suicide since the game pretty much assumes you have been to both Ashbury and possible Blackwater.

At the very least, go to Ashbury. Ashbury is loaded zombies ripe for the bashing to pad your levels.

You have your pick of two followers here.

The first is "Worthless Mutt" aka "Dog" who can be found only once when you first arrive in Ashbury and go towards the dock. A dude is kicking him, threathen the guy, whatever, and Dog joins you.

Most people view Dog as "easy mode" because he has ungodly strength and has artificially high Melee skill which means not only does he hit like a Mack truck but he usually crits. He can bash in most stuff and he can destroy Seething Masses and other Golem type enemies which are pretty much the hardest NPC you will encounter in the first two-thirds of the game.

You can always drop him later on if he's making the game too easy for you.

If you don't want Dog and you are at least slightly evil you can pick up Geoffry Tolerand-Ash, who is a Necromancer with tolerable voice acting. He's one of the few magic-using NPC followers who actually uses magic first and his fists second. Characters like Virgil and Raven are usually the opposite. He will send you into a tough Zombie crypt and then buy a gem from you, if you are evil, you can probably con him into joining. Geoffry is probably THE evil follower for most of the game, the only other follower I can think of who will follow someone evil that early is Virgil, who's alignment shifts with yours.

The second Dwarven dungeon is the Wheel Clan mines, which are a considerable pain in the ass. They are basically the Black Mountain Mines x 2. The only way you can get out of this annoying dungeon is if you are extremely intelligent and you save your game before you talk to the Steward of the throne for the Wheel Clan (Loghaire Thunderstones son). Exhaust most of your dialog with him and them push him to meet with Loghaire, and he will reveal a secret entrance for you. MAKE SURE you talk about "the stone" and "the shape" and if you see a line along the lines of "You're speaking of Dwarven Commonality!" hit it, and you're probably in.

Jasconius on
  • StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    There are certain critters in the game which are designed solely to slaughter the unprepared. Golems are annoying and dangerous, as are seething masses and fire elementals (which are some of the few monsters where ranged weapons do have an edge over melee weapons, if only to avoid armor damage), but Brute Fangs and Were-Rats are just unfair. If even just one of them gets up close with a full turn, consider yourself in dire peril. If two or more get close, you are incalculably fucked.

(For reference, Dog is a Brute Fang.)

My recommendation for the BMC is to learn how to build molotov cocktails and build as many as you possibly can. This is doubly useful for determined techies/gunfighters, as one point in explosives is also enough to learn the ammo schematic. You can get 20 bullets from saltpeter and charcoal; these are found all over the place, and can be bought from general stores for less money than that amount of bullets would cost.

Stolls on
    kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I recommend getting the best armor as soon as you can and damn the expense. You can find good armor in specialty shops in Tarant. If you are a mechanically inclined character, you can get some money from building stuff from scrap and then selling it.

Couscous on
    edited December 2007
    Here is a money cheat, if you guys want. Money is important for Tech characters and usually the only way to get it within the first 30 levels of the game is to do something evil.

Here's what I do.

Go to Tarant, talk to the Mystic Woman (I can't remember her exact NPC title, the old lady with the red horse carraige who identifies shit for you and sells random magical items). This will set her with with an amount of gold in her pocket. Remember about what that amount is (you can view this by attempting to pickpocket her but not actually carry it out).

Now, go down to the docks, right by the subway station is far enough. Advance day a lot. Just do it about 10 times for starters. Then go back to the woman and check to see if her gold is increasing. Merchant NPC's on-hand gold increases every advanced day you are in the city, as long as you have interacted with them once, and you are several screens away from them.

I can't remember if you need to keep going back near her to make her gold increase, or you can just spam advanced day. I think I did both when I used to do this.

Anyway, you can pretty much do this endlessly until she gets a nice juicy amount of gold. Say, 40000, then you can just kill her. They usually don't put up much of a fight, and the one in Tarant is especially nice because there are no guards around. You can do this to any of these similar NPC's. You're alignment hit is pretty light, any "pure good" followers can just be told to wait for a while when you do this.

You can technically do it to any merchant but these women are easy targets because they are usually on the outskirts of towns and there are no witnesses.

There's another easy one in Ashbury, and the one in Shrouded Hills is pretty easy as well.

Jasconius on
    edited December 2007
    An easier way for me is to just pickpocket a merchant's key, say the junk dealer in that you can sell your camera to in the first town, and then sell everything and then steal it back from his chest. At least that is the way I remember doing it.

Couscous on
    edited December 2007
    Yeah but anyone can beat up an old lady, not everyone can pickpocket unless you want to use up a fate point.

Plus, don't pickpocket a junk dealer (Ristezz is a junk dealer), get a magic armor merchant or someone who sells a lot of beefy equipment. Junk dealers not only sell junk (duh), but they also pay lower prices for everything.

Jasconius on
    edited December 2007
    It doesn't matter who you pickpocket. You should have more than enough to items to get all his gold, rob him, rest a day, repeat. If you don't, you can just sell him the camera and then steal it back. The lower prices don't really matter. As for the magic dealers, I don't remember them having that much more gold on them. I always had more than enough fate points in the game.

I wonder if it would work if you just used dynamite to blow up the safe. I can't remember if I ever did that.

Couscous on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Balance wise, guns just plain sucks compared to everything else. Bows, melee, tech, magic, etc are all more viable .

fixed that for you.
    Here is a money cheat, if you guys want. Money is important for Tech characters and usually the only way to get it within the first 30 levels of the game is to do something evil.

Money is also really easy to come by for tech characters because every other thing they can make sells for a profit.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    [strike]High[/strike] Low Intelligence is necessary to get some of the best dialogue options.

Me fix you talky-talk words, Virgoo!

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I know i have that around my room somewhere. Last time I played, I took a screenshot of zero from megaman zero an tried to convert it to be my ingame avatar. A little off color but I think it worked well.

One thing this game had that i really, REALLY enjoyed was that if a character was wielding a sword 1 handed that they didn't have the strength to use, if you removed what they had offhand, they would wield said sword with BOTH HANDS and be strong enough to use it.

Raise your hand of you got to the orgy.

*raises hand*

RoyceSraphim on
  • SinWithSebastianSinWithSebastian Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    *raises hand*

SinWithSebastian on
    edited December 2007
    *raises hand*
    I was sad that they didn't have anything on them for me to steal. Raise your hand if you met and killed the real Stillwater Giant.
    *raises hand*

Couscous on
  • SinWithSebastianSinWithSebastian Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    You killed it?

:(

SinWithSebastian on
    edited December 2007
    You killed it?

:(

Yes. I couldn't even sell the damn thing ot the museum and make myself famous.

Couscous on
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited December 2007

Oh yeah, well Force is ridiculous. The final spell in Force can one-shot everything right up to Kerghan's door, so... yeah. I think I did Force my first time through, but WITHOUT the final super-blessing. It was not easy.

Blaster Magic was really hard except with the first necromancy spell and even then pretty rough right until you become a master mage[in force is the best] and you can use magika fortification and boosts more efficiently.

Drop a fortitude reduction potion on top of the force mastery and you are blasting 25 fatigue disintegrates and 12.5 fatigue lightning bolts.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png