As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best Entrance to line up early for Artifact? PAX West 18'

uftharaufthara Registered User new member
edited August 2018 in PAX West
Someone said Valves booth is right next to the annex entrance.

Would this be the best way to get into it early? I can only assume they let people in this entrance at 10am as well.

Im one of those 4am-5am people so I plan on lining up as soon as I can.

Thanks for any information!

ufthara on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The entrance from the annex to the expo hall usually doesn't open until after the main expo queue is completely drained. However, this is always subject to change.

• Options
    Nathan WindNathan Wind Colorado Springs, CORegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    The entrance from the annex to the expo hall usually doesn't open until after the main expo queue is completely drained. However, this is always subject to change.

Really? That’s not my experience the last two years. Lined up at the annex entrance and went right in at 10am.

PAX Prime 14, 15
    PAX West 16, 17
    My Rig: I7 7700K, Aorus K5, 32GB RipJaws V, Samsung 960 PCIe 256 & 500, Zotac 1080Ti
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've been able to get into the annex right at 10, but seen the expo entrance from the annex on the 3rd floor held off for a bit. Maybe it's a day to day thing.

• Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Last year I did the annex every day. It felt like the other side might have gotten in a little early, but not much. If you want the stuff on the annex side my advice is line up on that side. You would have to run to beat us.

We could see the over flow on the road and we were definitely in before they even started moving. We usually were going in at the correct time.

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Can confirm. Annex entrance was not delayed over the main entrance, and with enforcers in the halls shouting 'don't run' at everyone, it's pretty hard for someone on that side to get across the skybridge to the other side before the first people from the Annex entrance.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Options
    ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Annex for me has always let in right at 10 and I'm always on that side because its the side my hotel is on. Of course every year I always see this same delay rumor mentioned but my feeling is it's just that.

Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Options
    Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    ElmoFuntz wrote: »
    Annex for me has always let in right at 10 and I'm always on that side because its the side my hotel is on. Of course every year I always see this same delay rumor mentioned but my feeling is it's just that.

A theory. A PAX West theory. Thanks for watching.

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    The first rule of the Annex Line entrance is: You do not talk about the Annex Line entrance.

(Also yes the last two years have been great going in there right away...)

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Am I giving up the secrets? Sorry

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    PavioPavio Registered User regular
    I3izzy wrote: »
    Am I giving up the secrets? Sorry

Haha no worries. If you're gonna share this forum is the place to do it.

v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I always used the Bethesda booth to figure out what was in the Annex side ^^' This year it will be Valve's. Will be lining up ~8am on Fri as always. Never had a problem, it seems to open at 10am every time I've been there, the one thing is there is only one escalator up, but on the other hand, there is usually WAY less of a crowd. I actually did not realize until 2 years ago that if I can see the main line from the Annex line, it means the line snaking around the park behind the Convention center is already full.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    BluemeaneBluemeane Registered User regular
    For us with handicaps it is all about the sky bridge entrance.

jj0mqt5d2a94.png

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAXXXXXXXXXXX!
  • Options
    XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Since Fortnite is in the Annex this year with mini putt I suspect that entrance will be on the crazy side. Luckily the Fortnite tournament sign ups are happening off site earlier in the day

Xalara on