As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Second part of the event is such a pain in the ass to farm. All the Rulers have a bonus to Realta Ore? The boss of the node is an Avenger because fuck you. Want Cement? The only Caster, on a node filled with Assassins, with a bonus is Hans.

The node of all sabers where the only bonus gold archer is Summer Artoria really sucks for those of us who went for Tamamo instead

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Second part of the event is such a pain in the ass to farm. All the Rulers have a bonus to Realta Ore? The boss of the node is an Avenger because fuck you. Want Cement? The only Caster, on a node filled with Assassins, with a bonus is Hans.

The node of all sabers where the only bonus gold archer is Summer Artoria really sucks for those of us who went for Tamamo instead

Thankfully for some of us, Cu Alter fills the role of an archer pretty well. Like every other class.
    I've been leaning a lot on other berserkers, too. Herc really speeds up the cement mission.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

Grab MHX for silver mats (Jalter is a saberface, the only Berserker available is Vlad and he does less damage). For Cement, grab Okita (strongest single-target NP available, Herc/Beowulf/Saberlot/Tristan are good alternatives but do less damage at NP1 ungrailed).
    Having class advantage against the trash mobs isn't as important as having advantage against the bosses. You can usually beat them down 1/turn with neutral servants. (Berserkers make it faster, but are squishier.)

But yes, it's pretty painful to farm. I find myself going with a Vlad/MHX/Helena frontline for Realta, and that's fraught as hell - usually I finish two deep in the backline (George, Saber Alter, pocket Medea for clutch NP strats).
    For cheaper alternatives, having George block while MHX saberkillers her way through the Sabers is probably viable, with Shiki probably chewing her way through one a turn as well.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    If you're looking for ore, just farm the triple node same as before and split your bonus. You don't have to touch the individual nodes until way late when you're out of farm on one mat in particular.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    It took 700+ quartz for one copy of Archtoria.
    Wait hold on you have NP3 Squirtoria also

How much did you spend?

The other copies came pretty easily after the initial drought. Which ironically enough is when I turned my desire towards more NP levels for the 4* Servants.
    okay hold on, what is going on

Yesterday I looked and you had NP3

Now you have NP4

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    @vagrant_winds NP4 squirtoria 2/1/2 for shame

I HAVE NO (BLUE) ARCHER SKILL GEMS!

That 10/10/10 lvl98 NP5 Punch Saint though...

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

How much did you spend?

The other copies came pretty easily after the initial drought. Which ironically enough is when I turned my desire towards more NP levels for the 4* Servants.

Now you have NP4

I tossed the event tickets in to try and finish Martha and desire sensor did what it does. That's as far as it goes though, because I did get Martha to NP5 and now it'd be dangerous to pull.

• Options

How much did you spend?

Now you have NP4

I tossed the event tickets in to try and finish Martha and desire sensor did what it does. That's as far as it goes though, because I did get Martha to NP5 and now it'd be dangerous to pull.

Squirtoria -and- a Martha off 5 singles?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

How much did you spend?

Now you have NP4

No, the Archtoria came with the fifth ticket, Martha NP5 about six single pulls later with what remains of the quartz I originally bought in advance for Archtoria NP2.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Last 5 tickets into Banner 1. Garbage as usual.

I spent my last ten pull and 12 tickets on the Martha rate-up.

Got Astolfo.

What is this? I don't even-?!

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

How much did you spend?

Now you have NP4

No, the Archtoria came with the fifth ticket, Martha NP5 about six single pulls later with what remains of the quartz I originally bought in advance for Archtoria NP2.

Dare I ask how many hundred of dollars you have to spend for that (or how many months of quartz you saved up?)

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Well, for where patience and f2p gets you...

I went into this with 25 tickets and 360ish SQ. I am at 0 tickets and 100 SQ now (including the month rolling over and all the tickets in the event).

Loot:
    Tamamo
    Archuria
    Martha NP3
    Marie
    Emiya (Assassin) somehow.

Last banner I went heavy on was Scathach, and I zeroed out on that without any luck. I've pulled tens on event banners and such though, I probably saved something like 50-65% of the SQ and tickets since Scathach though, and burned most of that on these banners.

I have no idea how much you feed in for Archuria NP3.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Tcheldor wrote: »

How much did you spend?

Now you have NP4

Dare I ask how many hundred of dollars you have to spend for that (or how many months of quartz you saved up?)

Six packs of the 167 quartz pack so about $480, $360 of which was Amazon credit, so not much on the actual credit card. And like I said, I budgeted for this in advance with the expectation that I won't be spending any more money until Merlin, and who knows then because I do still have about 100 SQ remaining to start another nest egg. Depends on how willing he is to show up.

Madican on
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I did VERY poorly by rate on this compared to almost everyone else. If I had stopped after NP1 SSR everything would look fine, but I wanted CEs and SRs as well and...that took awhile.

Still no DPS SSR with NP2 or better other than Tesla. =/

Resources expended:
    42 Tickets + 22 10-Rolls (660 Quartz)

Loot:
    Tamalancer NP1
    Squirtoria NP1
    Kiyolancer NP2
    S.Marie NP1
    S.Martha NP2
    MLB Banner 1 SSR CE, 1 copy of Banner 2 SSR CE
    Literally no off-banner Servants or SSR CEs

I'm...not displeased at the loot itself, only in comparison to seemingly everyone else getting twice as many results by rate at least. Which isn't the healthiest, but so it goes.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I spent a total of 360 Quartz and about 15 tickets and all I got for 4*+ servants was a single Mordred and the off-banner Helena.

Which...seems pretty bad.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I don't think I'll ever whale again in this game like I did on this Summer. But Spectrum is probably Justified on his salt.

~1200 SQ. Don't know the actual number, but it's right around there on both banners. And ~30 Tickets.

1 Tamalancer
    4 Squirtoria

2 Kiyolancer
    2 Anne
    0 Mordred Surfer
    3 Marie Caster
    5 Martha Ruler
    2 Tamacats
    2 Carmillas
    1 Unless Apocrypha Rider
    1 That's-F'ing-Nito

And lots and lots of CEs. Off Rate-up SSRs were one K-Scope and one copy of that +1000 HP one with that asshole Leo from Fate/Extra on it.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I got preposterously lucky and spent a comparitively very small amount of SQ (About 380)

Ended up with Tama, Squirtoria, Anne, NP2 Kiyo, NP2 Mordred, NP2 Martha, no Maries, and a bonus Astolfo

Maddoc on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I suppose this is my punishment for getting 5* Mordred in, like, 3 10-pulls

And Lalter and Tesla in 2 10-pulls

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I think I spent right around 300 quartz, got one Mordred and two Marthas. But a ridiculous amount of the CEs and a Kaleidoscope. Although now that I have the double Berserker farming team set up I'm not really sure I have a use for the second one. For most boss setups one of the 50% NP plus a damage bonus CEs are better.

If I finish up a few random free missions or we get a couple of free quartz I should be able to squeeze out one final roll on the last day, though.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I went in for seven rolls, plus a dozen summoning tickets, I think? I ended up with NP2 Marie and Squirtoria.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Of the Servant quests I think I liked Marie's the most. Especially the second part.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQPucarJElY

While pausing this to do some research on things I was seeing, I learned there's apparently a Fate story where half the cast are pro wrestlers? Someone explain this to me.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I think I spent 100ish quartz this event and like 10 tickets (maybe fewer quartz?)

Got Tamamo, Anne, and a few 5 star CEs/4star CEs.

Good enough.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Well I got my summer oni (along with some interesting off-banner 4*s, including Valkyrie and Circe), but it took well over 100 rolls. Not much of a fund left for BB, but we'll see what happens.

• Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    While pausing this to do some research on things I was seeing, I learned there's apparently a Fate story where half the cast are pro wrestlers? Someone explain this to me.

Type Moon does extravagant April Fools jokes, even releasing entire mini-games/VNs for them at times.

• Options
    I saw that one. But there also seemed to be a more legit story with the same setup.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Alright, I guess I should actually start part 2 of the summer event just to get Summer Scathatch and holy fuck you guys weren't kidding about the tonal shift at all.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I've been so disgustingly busy that at this point I'm going to just try to finish part 2 to get everything I need for Scathach, and then be very picky about which mats I buy (Medals and Lamps, probably)

I guess the "bright side" is that the event CEs aren't very good

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Finished acquiring all of the Gae Bolg Replicas for Scathach NP copies. For the last two, Caster and Berserker, I just threw a roided-up Rider Kintoki at them and boy, Ozymandias might be this excellent 5* ST Rider but Kintoki blows him out of the water when it comes to generating and firing off a ludicrously-strong NP. I have no regrets spending two Crystal Lores to bring his 1 and 2 skills to maximum level.

• Options
    Ozy needs high skills to really shine

That's when he can give himself +58% Atk/+40% Def for 3 turns

• Options
    Done with medals aside from rebuilds (well okay and monuments but fuck do I not need more of those), closing in on oil and cement. Should be able to finish tonight, I think, though maybe not all rebuilds.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Ozy needs high skills to really shine

That's when he can give himself +58% Atk/+40% Def for 3 turns

He's also the only non-Caster to directly charge ally NP gauges.

This is important when fighting Rider bosses.

• Options
    He also really makes me want to work on my Hans

100% buff rate on Hans' Noble Phantasm, along with Innocent Monster and Human Observation make Hans a great support for Ozy

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    So, uh, are there any particularly amusing/good cut-scenes in summer part 2 or can I just mash skip?

Cause I do not care about anything that happens to these boar piglets at all unless Tamamo actually ends up eating one.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    The side quests for tickets are fun. Anything with Martha is good.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    So, uh, are there any particularly amusing/good cut-scenes in summer part 2 or can I just mash skip?

Cause I do not care about anything that happens to these boar piglets at all unless Tamamo actually ends up eating one.

The one prior to the final boss has an unexpected reveal, which is kinda neat. The rest is skippable.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Grinding for seashells will never end.

So since we're talking about our luck/bad financial decisions, here's mine.

Loot:
    1 Tammy Lancer
    1 Archtoria
    1 Kiyo Lancer
    2 Summer Marie
    2 Summer Mordred
    3 Punch Saint
    0 Summer Anne/Mary

Approximately 100,000 event CEs of various grades.

Off-banner stuff of note:
    Astolfo (NP2)
    Regular Anne/Mary (NP1)

Total cost: about 200 quartz saved up, and 20 tickets. Plus 280 purchased quartz and about 10 tickets earned through the event.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Can I mention how good MHXX looks? Can I bring up that they better give MHX another Strengthening for a Mana Burst with how damn good they made her 4* version?

QAAB. 4/3/4/4 plus 4 hit Extra. 0.64% NP rate (3% on hit). 15% Star Gen. That's good NP gain and though the Star Gen isn't Assassin level, it should be better than Gilgamesh and other moderate star gen servants, especially with the passives.

Passives:
    2 free Crit Stars a turn (and 4% Debuff resist whomp).
    +8% critical star drop rate on top of her base 15%.
    +10% Crit Strength
    +10% to her solo quick card.

9751 Atk at lvl80 puts her in 10th place among all 4*s, beaten by Herc, Salter/Lalter, Lancelots, Rama, and Kintoki. HP is decent at 11250.

First skill is Invincibility and 50% Atk boost. 5 turn CD at max.
    Second skill is 20-Star Instinct that lowers her Star Weight by 100%, forcing non-maxed stars on her partners. 4 turn CD at max.
    Third skill Ignores Invincibility, gives 30% NP charge, and provides a situational 50% Damage boost vs ”Threats to Humanity” which so far is every Foreigner (even herself) and maybe some specific enemies? 5 Turn CD at max.

Her NP is a decent single target Arts that buffs her attack by 20-60% (based on overcharge) and does an extra 150% damage to Saber class servants (not Saberfaces like MHX's NP).

Did I mention her attack animations are references to Gundam, Tekkaman Blade, Gunbuster, and NOTES? She's a Super Robot Wars unit that calls out attacks. Oh, and Bryn has the hots for her.

She might not be perfect, but she certainly makes the attempt.

I mean, she shoots Gundam Vulcans from her ahoge.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Wow those default CDs on her skills are nuts.

• Options
    Wow those default CDs on her skills are nuts.

No, those are the lvl10 CDs. Add 2 for default.