As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buying retro console hardware/software

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Attempted Blaster Master 1 on NES again for the first time in 14 years. Sadly, the run ended at the stage 7 boss. I went legit this time too, no grenade pause glitch usage. I had to leave my console on since last Saturday because this game has one huge flaw: NO PASSWORDS OR SAVING. For such a long game, it's criminal that they make you beat it in 1 go. There are lots of other problems, like the game being too hard, the boss fights being monotonous as fuck, and ridiculous stage layout which is just padding, but it wouldnt be so bad if you could pick up where you left off. I like other games in the series, but this one has some big rough edges. This is why it took me more than a decade to attempt it again. Once you get all the way to stage 8 and get game over, it makes you not want to play it for a while, A LONG while.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I reorganized my shelving to better fit the addition of purchases for this past year which have been overflowing onto my desk space. It doesn't solve the overall problem of eventually needing a larger shelving unit, but at least everything is in there now. It'll have to do for the time being, even if it's not totally ideal.

vpBPXc4.jpg
    sg7wmRk.jpg
    PvtP4zw.jpg

I tried to have some semblance of organize-by-system going on, but it's clear the DS/3DS games are making land grabs. That's the first thing I'm going to have to resolve when I get a bigger cabinet.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I want your things.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    I'm a little jealous of your DS collection. I sold off a bunch of my Nintendo published DS games to get a DSiXL back in the day and of course they're still going for at least full retail to reacquire now that I'm into collecting games again.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Does anyone know what Twilight Princess version the HD remake on Wii U uses? Is it gamecube or the flipped wii version?

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Roe wrote: »
    Does anyone know what Twilight Princess version the HD remake on Wii U uses? Is it gamecube or the flipped wii version?

Both, it changes based on the difficulty you play it on.

• Options
    Having not played TP since Wii launch and then marathoning it again on the WiiU before Breath of the Wild came out (like, literally, credits rolled and I was out the door for the Switch's midnight release), it was surprising how much of the flipped Wii version's map was ingrained, all the way through the game I was correcting myself.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I was never much of a Nintendo fan (I was a Sega kid growing up), so I missed out on a lot of their stable of games. At some point I want to go back and play through some of the most influential ones, including some from the Legend of Zelda series (I did play and love Minish Cap back during the GBA era at least).

Anyway, I think that the Twilight Princess mirroring thing was a pretty clever way to solve the "Link is left handed, but 90% of Wii owners are going to be right handed" problem that Nintendo was facing.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    With the way the game's combat worked, I have no idea why it mattered what handedness the player had.

• Options
    IceBurnerIceBurner It's cold and there are penguins.Registered User regular
    My GBA SP only holds a charge for about an hour. I've found lots of articles and videos on the replacement steps, none on how to tell which batteries are correct/good. I'm hoping someone can please help me understand what to look for in a replacement battery.

3DS: 3024-6114-2886 | NNID: Rabites | Steam: IceBurner
    PSN: theIceBurner, IceBurnerEU, IceBurner-JP | X-Link Kai: TheIceBurner
    Dragon's Dogma: 192 Warrior Linty | 80 Strider Alicia | 32 Mage Terra
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i don't think there's a real fix to that. batteries get old, and the 3rd party ones are all crap.
    I really want to be wrong tho.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    IceBurner wrote: »
    My GBA SP only holds a charge for about an hour. I've found lots of articles and videos on the replacement steps, none on how to tell which batteries are correct/good. I'm hoping someone can please help me understand what to look for in a replacement battery.

Your only real option at this point is third party stuff off ebay. There's a pretty healthy ebay market for old computer/console parts and batteries, and the SP is no exception. You ideally want to just buy a decent capacity battery(at least 600mAh which is the original's capacity) with decent user ratings/purchase numbers. Most of them will also come with a cheapo little screwdriver that will work with the screws in the SP.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172171230430 is a good starting point - standard SP battery capacity, comes with screwdriver, several thousand sold already and 4.5 star average reviews at $6.75 with free shipping.

• Options
    GustieGustie Registered User regular
    edited October 2018
    Donnicton wrote: »
    I tried to have some semblance of organize-by-system going on, but it's clear the DS/3DS games are making land grabs. That's the first thing I'm going to have to resolve when I get a bigger cabinet.

bigger cabinet is fundamentaly required :D 8-)
    Nice collection anyway! Good game

Gustie on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    That thing is mighty tempting.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Hey retro fans, I recently decided to go pick up some Gamecube stuff. Mostly just trying to pick up some classic first party stuff (almost all the Mario/Luigi games, a couple family games like Super Monkey Ball).
    Does anyone here have experience with replacing the controller joysticks? Besides just swapping parts off dead controllers (which I don't have), are there any reputable sources for replacement parts that are at least close to Nintendo quality?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Playing the original Twilight Princess felt weird to me for some reason.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

if you played the wii version it'll feel weird because everything is mirrored in that version to make link right handed

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

if you played the wii version it'll feel weird because everything is mirrored in that version to make link right handed

Yeah. It must have been the reorientation of the world.

• Options
    On a whim decided to see what the Dolphin Emulator guys were up to and in their most recent article they talk about how people have come up with ways to bring back online for Wii/DS games: https://wiimmfi.de/. Man, people are fucking awesome. I mean, I figured it would happen eventually (client-side I guessed you could do a site re-direct with your router or something depending on where the Wii attempted to connect) and according to that site it went live even before Nintendo Wifi Connection shutdown, but it really does amaze me how people keep old games alive and allow me to return and play them. Super grateful.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Now if only they could set up a new Wii Shop Channel, we'd really be in business.

It would be neat to be able to just use that to download home brew games directly.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    I'm going to be mightily sad when Netflix finally goes down on the Wii. I've been using it on my PVM via component to watch Star Trek TNG in its glorious original aspect ratio and those glory days are almost over.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    The Dreamcast community is still going strong. This weekend I went through the process of virtualizing 2 VMUs and it was pretty interesting. I recently acquired a friend's old Dreamcast collection and he had quite a few saves still intact. I'm big on preserving stuff so I looked into seeing how I could copy the files onto my computer. I thought about getting one of those SD card adapters that plugs into the serial port on the back of the system, but they were all shipping from China and sounded like getting them to work was hit or miss. I did some searching and it looked like if you could get your Dreamcast on the internet, you could transfer VMU saves that way. I found this video which explains how to use a Raspberry Pi, a USB modem + line inducer (I bought an already made one from the guy in the video who runs a shop) and the dial-up modem the Dreamcast comes with to get online:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgRLnj2YR3s

It ended up working pretty well. The big pain though was trying to figure out how actually upload the files from the VMUs to either my computer or somewhere else. There apparently used to be a page called "VMU Uploader" (it's still there) but I couldn't find how to upload files when I went to the page with the Dreamcast. I didn't like that solution anyway. I wanted to just locally host something to pass the files to my PC. The Dreamcast browsers also don't seem to support HTTPS so a lot of sites won't load (ignoring the fact that most sites just look like shit since these browsers are ancient). I finally found someone who very recently wrote a server in PHP that you could self host and that you can navigate to with a Dreamcast browser to upload VMU files. It'll do some conversions for you to get them into correct readable formats:

https://github.com/mrneo240/NeoDC-Icondata-Tool/tree/master/vmu

I ran the server in an Ubuntu VM and it worked really well and I didn't have to mess around much to get it to work (just copy in source files from the parent directory that were referenced). My only gripe was it was a little slow having to select each file individually with a Dreamcast controller, pressing upload, then repeating the process like 20 or so times. After uploading all the VMU saves, I copied them over to my Windows host. Now since I wanted to get essentially a 1-to-1 clone of the saves, I found I had to do some additional work. That PHP server doesn't preserve the date that the files were last modified and instead puts the current date. So I tried a couple different tools trying to edit the dates in the files but it was not working. I finally found something called "DC Save Converter" that had an easy to use GUI to edit the dates for the saves. The only issue is that it uses a really old version of .NET (1.1). I didn't want to install a super old version of .NET on top of having the latest installed (I'm not even sure it would work in Win10 anyway), so I threw that utility into a Windows XP VM along with all the VMU files, hand edited them all to correct all the dates, and then copied them back to my main Windows host.

Once I had all these files ready to go, I used nullDC as the "virtualized dreamcast" so to speak. I created 2 VMUs in nullDC to replicate the physical ones I have, but getting this to work was kinda a pain. The set up is not straight forward in nullDC. Thankfully some videos on youtube helped me figure it out and in the structure that I wanted. Once I got these created I used a handy tool called "VMU Explorer" (https://segaretro.org/VMU_Explorer) which lets you open up VMU files, create new VMUs, import/export files, edit VMUs, the works. I imported each of the files in the exact order they appear in the physical VMUs and then double-checked in nullDC in the Dreamcast file manager that it all worked and that the dates matched. After many many hours, I got it all working! However there was one final minor detail that was bugging me and took me a while to fix though the fix ended up being simple.

One of the physical VMUs had the icon set to the CAPCOM logo. The new virtual VMUs I had used the generic/default icon. I wanted to change the icon in the virtual one to the CAPCOM logo, but was stumped for so long on how to do it. I finally realized one of the tools I had could do it for me: Dream Explorer. This lets you do a lot of VMU functions, like editing icons, dumping, and loading data (assuming you have a broadband adapter and some set up done with your PC). Thankfully this tool already had a large list of VMU icons on it so I booted it up in nullDC, switched the proper virtual VMU to have the CAPCOM logo icon, and voila! I created what I consider 1-to-1 virtualized copies of the physical VMUs I have. Quite a ride.

Next up: figuring out how to copy all my Gamecube data onto my computer and load it up in Dolphin.

TelMarine on
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    TelMarine wrote: »
    Next up: figuring out how to copy all my Gamecube data onto my computer

If you've got a homebrewed Wii, there's a tool called GCMM that can move data between the Gamecube memory cartridge and the SD card. Also handy if you're running out of space on the memory cartridge and don't want to delete any saves.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Good news! Bit the bullet on one of my white whales in getting a PC Engine Turbo Duo, with the added modifications of a region switch and RGB with a SCART adapter, as well as new capacities and laser. Couple with an excellent SCART to HDMI converter I have confirmed my copies of Neutopia and Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Rondo of Blood) worked perfect and it’s crisp and delightful and omg Rondo feels so good.

YS Book 1 and 2 is on the way to round out the initial set, though there is a strong possibility I end up with Magical Chase US if it meets my criteria for condition (don’t google the price on it you don’t want to know).

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I'm finally thinking of getting rid of some of my classic games- mostly stuff I don't have a way of playing any more, like my 8-bit Nintendo games, my Genesis stuff- maybe some old GB and Super Nintendo stuff I can grab elsewhere, too. I'm at that age where I don't think I need eighty different versions of everything, and I see a couple of things that might be worth a fair bit. I have a lot of old cartridge based RPGs- lots of old Squaresoft games, and a few more besides.

Is there a place I could go to get a good idea as to what might be worth selling? I think the number one thing I'm thinking of selling is a copy of Misadventures of Tron Bonne I picked up years ago at a rental place's closing sale. I've played it a couple of times since then, but it's not really holding a lot of desire for me to hold onto it. The case still has rental stickers and stuff on it, and there might be one on the disc, too.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Good news! Bit the bullet on one of my white whales in getting a PC Engine Turbo Duo, with the added modifications of a region switch and RGB with a SCART adapter, as well as new capacities and laser. Couple with an excellent SCART to HDMI converter I have confirmed my copies of Neutopia and Akumajou Dracula X: Chi no Rondo (Rondo of Blood) worked perfect and it’s crisp and delightful and omg Rondo feels so good.

YS Book 1 and 2 is on the way to round out the initial set, though there is a strong possibility I end up with Magical Chase US if it meets my criteria for condition (don’t google the price on it you don’t want to know).

Might I suggest Lords of Thunder to get your stereo system pumping?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I've always wanted to play Lords of Thunder- fantasy-based shooters have always been a weakness of mine, even if I don't care for much of the rest of the genre.

I picked it up on Wii Shop a few years ago and it's still a fucking blast. And yes, I really like the music, too. Still haven't beaten it yet, but it's one of those I don't mind coming back to again and again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGguCcizT6M

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Picked up the Krikzz Joyzz pad this week: https://krikzz.com/store/home/52-sega-genesis-joyzz-wireless-controller.html. It's a wireless controller for the Sega Genesis. I had been looking at getting one for the last year, but decided to pull the trigger this week since they had them on Amazon now (the 2 everdrives I got from him took over a month to come from Ukraine, but it was also during black friday sales). I got it in 2 days with standard free shipping (i.e., not prime shipping). The controller has a very nice feel to it. It seems to be exactly the same size and shape as the original six button Genesis controller (i just quickly layered them as a comparison). The Joyzz controller has a solid d-pad and buttons. It's probably better than my Sega 6 button genesis controller, since the buttons and d-pad on mine feel a bit loose. There appears to be no noticeable input lag. I hooked up my Genesis via framemeister RGB to my TV and played Street Fighter 2 with almost no issue. There were a couple times I felt like the input got dropped or lagged, but i cannot confirm that that happened or I missed the button. Overall though, it plays amazingly well. Street Fighter 2 is a very precise game with timing, so any input lag is going to be noticeable right away. From playing through the arcade mode, it felt very much like playing on a wired controller.

I have some complaints though. Obviously, the cost is very high, $72 (with shipping included). That's more expensive than a Switch pro controller. The second thing is that there doesn't appear to be any lights/leds on the controller itself indicating whether it is on, synced, is being charged, or even what mode it is in. I started charging the controller expecting some kind of charging light to turn on, but nothing. Syncing it requires a strange button combination so at first I was wondering if I had a dead unit since there's no indication of what's going on. It comes with a receiver, similar to 8Bitdo's retro receivers. You have to hold the sync button for a few seconds and when the controller is successfully synced, the light turns off which I find to be an odd choice. You'd think that having a solid light on would be a better indication of success than it being off. The receiver itself seems pretty simple and is very light weight, almost a little cheap feeling. It seemed to have a looser fit into the controller connector than you'd like, but maybe it's better than it being way too tight (like some of the 8Bitdo ones). As mentioned earlier, the controller has different modes, but you have no indication of what mode you switched to. I like how 8Bitdo has different flashing light patterns to match to what sync setting you have the controller in. This at least gives you an indication that things are working. Without charging lights as well, how do you know when it is fully charged? Just leave it over night? Krikzz claims 150 hours of battery life, which would blow away pretty much any other controller in existence by a lot. If you use the power saving mode, he claims no charging after a year. There's also no manual or documentation, just the instructions on the store page. For example, there are no instructions on if you can connect the controller to the PC. There is a download for a driver, but it doesn't seem to work like you'd expect. You can connect the controller via USB, but is that only for charging? Windows did recognize it as some sort of USB device, but not as a controller. There's also no documentation on how to use the configuration utility. Which configuration options can I change? It's not clear.

Overall, I quite like the controller. I'm heavily thinking about getting the soon to be released Analogue Mega, and this controller would go great with it and the original system (now I have two 6 button controllers!). There is definitely room for improvement though. There should be leds on the controller to give the user more information of what the controller is doing.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    So an unknown wrestling game has turned up and the person who found it is apparently going to release the ROM soonish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc-LFNNmMV4

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I'm curious-- and I hope I haven't asked this before, but even if so, maybe things have changed...

Anyone know if there are any good* repro cases for Sonic 3 & Knuckles? Like, specifically, Sonic 3 AND Sonic & Knuckles?

I got both together boxless with my Model 2 Genesis back in the day, and I don't really tend to play one without the other, so keeping them together seems ideal.

If not, has anyone made a good case for Sonic & Knuckles?

* I've found various listings and such, but I'm interested in personal recommendations, if there are any.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Next up: figuring out how to copy all my Gamecube data onto my computer and load it up in Dolphin.

Complete! (minus 1 more gamecube memory card). Yesterday I entirely virtualized my Wii's internal memory + the sd card and my 1019 block gamecube memory card. It was quite painless too, especially compared to grabbing the VMU data from the Dreamcast. The tools people have written are amazing, people are awesome. I'm really happy I'm able to preserve these, especially WiiWare games that may be hard to in the future. Some of the WiiWare games I have: Rage of the Gladiator, Contra Rebirth, Castlevania Rebirth, Blaster Master Overdrive, Megaman 9, Megaman 10. Outside Megaman, I don't think the others are available anywhere else yet. Preserving my Gamecube data is also great because I have some data going all the way back to when the console was first released in 2001 (Luigi's Mansion, Smash Bros Melee). Which reminds me...my Metroid Prime 2 save is at 85% and I still haven't finished it after like 14 years. I'll get to it one day...

Next up for me, I wanna look at preserving WiiU stuff. I was already thinking about needing to do this while the WiiU was new, since I started putting a lot of DLC content among other stuff onto an external hard drive (since I got the basic edition, my internal memory ran out quick). Not sure how mature it is yet, I've really only heard of Cemu. I also wanna preserve my PS4 installations and I saw that you can backup to an external drive via system options, I've yet to try it though.

Oh and apparently people have written editors for Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, and Donkey Kong Country Returns. Man, people fucking rock!

TelMarine on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I've started on Super Star Wars, the first game in the series, and boy, it's a bit unforgiving. Not to mention there's finite continues and no passwords. Got my ass handed to me on the "inside the sandcrawler" stage.

I once beat Super Star Wars three times in a row using only one life in each attempt.

.... it was the only game I owned for quite some time.

also, once you get the plasma blaster, everything but jumping becomes trivial

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Limited Run Games is releasing Episode 1 Racer N64 in Blister pack and CE Edition, Episode 1 Racer Revenge PS4 Standard and CE, and translucent pink Genesis and Sega Saturn Controllers.

kE3w46W.jpg

Z7Zt2BT.jpg

Both controllers both come in original console, and USB (PC, Switch etc) versions.

SbCATtu.jpg

EfSGAUN.jpg

All these things go up for pre-sale in roughly 13 hours. Most items are limited to 2000 or so pieces, and will sell out in approx 7 seconds from being listed. Good luck!

https://limitedrungames.com/

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I've been selling off a lot of my old videogames lately. almost all of my 60+ Dreamcast games are gone along with the hardware and accessories I had. Most of my PSP stuff is gone, I'm about halfway through my 360 library, and I just got started on selling my GBA stuff.

Half of my brain loves the idea of having a small but curated library of videogames, but the other half realizes that it's stuff that's gonna sit on a shelf and I'll play maybe a half-dozen more times in my lifetime. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to hold onto it and besides, I'm trying to simplify things. I don't think I could go the full minimalist route but I don't need so much stuff.

In the end I'll just have my NES & Famicom stuff, then DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U, and Switch.

I might even end up paring by my DS and Wii libraries a bit, but I don't think I'll do a full sellthrough of all of it for quite a while, if ever.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Limited Run Games is releasing Episode 1 Racer N64 in Blister pack and CE Edition, Episode 1 Racer Revenge PS4 Standard and CE, and translucent pink Genesis and Sega Saturn Controllers.

kE3w46W.jpg

Z7Zt2BT.jpg

Both controllers both come in original console, and USB (PC, Switch etc) versions.

SbCATtu.jpg

EfSGAUN.jpg

All these things go up for pre-sale in roughly 13 hours. Most items are limited to 2000 or so pieces, and will sell out in approx 7 seconds from being listed. Good luck!

Weird that the games are still up. Guessing the nostalgia for them wasn't as strong as the previous Star Wars ones where they sold out in minutes of going live.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    With me slowly getting the new house in order, I have my little retro corner finally hooked back up in my office. I work from home so I was able to play X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse for a bit on my SNES during lunch.

It's still one of my favorite super hero games. :D

Between Mutant Apocalypse and Batman Returns, the SNES had two of my favorite superhero games ever made.

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Betsuni wrote: »

kE3w46W.jpg

Z7Zt2BT.jpg

SbCATtu.jpg

EfSGAUN.jpg

Weird that the games are still up. Guessing the nostalgia for them wasn't as strong as the previous Star Wars ones where they sold out in minutes of going live.

Yeah I really wasn't expecting that. Not only are the Star Wars games still up, but so are all the mega bundles for both the Star Wars and the controllers+ PS4 games. Those things usually sell out instantly, and the bundles actually did in the morning wave with the controllers going about an hour before the Star Wars bundle. The individual copies never sold out though. I find it odd since SotE and all the other Star Wars games sold like hotcakes, and people love Ep1 Racer?

I bought the blister, the Ep1 Racer CE, and the Racer Revenge CE so I'm happy (and broke) regardless.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I've managed to snag the blister packs for all of the games (plus the others). I forget, was this the last one in the series for Star Wars games?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I've managed to snag the blister packs for all of the games (plus the others). I forget, was this the last one in the series for Star Wars games?

I have SotE but I skipped the rest, kind of regretting that now. Also what do you mean by last one? There's a bunch more they can do iirc like Rogue Squadron, Super Star Wars, The Gamecube Rogue Squadron, Jedi Outcast (which is on Switch now so it's even more likely) Academy etc, then you have the computer games like X-Wing and TIE Fighter. There's a lot that they could get into. Although I'm not sure how you would put a computer game in a blister pack. Maybe have it be some kind of USB toy that has the game on it.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.