As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Splatoon] Kid/Squid color coating warfare with style!

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Oh dear. Looks like this weekend there’s going to be a Salmon Run shift where *everyone* gets a GrizzCo weapon.

The final Salmon Run.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Tenta Missile Buffs! They needed it.

And some very important nerfs on Rapid Blasters, Dualie Squelchers, and Ballpoint Splatling.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Fixed an issue in Marooner's Bay causing players not to drown when the water level returns to normal height if they were standing on the location the egg basket appears during a low tide.
    I was griefed by all the other players purposely doing this once. Glad to know they'll have to go back to just standing around doing nothing or purposely jumping into the water.

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    Aw...i thought yesterday was the soundtrack release, ran all over not finding it. Now it looks like it's the 18th?

i did find a still in shrinkwrap copy of SH2's ost, but i've already had that for ages.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    Finally made it to my First X rank in Tower Control. Splatzones will probably come next.

Clam blitz is still hell.

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    Ha all Grizzco weapon salmon run is so fun. Also the recent update makes it so you are right next to the reward claim counter when you exit salmon run to the square.

• Options
    Ha all Grizzco weapon salmon run is so fun. Also the recent update makes it so you are right next to the reward claim counter when you exit salmon run to the square.

One shot a Flyfish by hitting the cockpit with the Grizzco Slosher. It feels amazing.

• Options
    Getting two GrizzCo Blasters in a round...

They should call that round "Mr. Grizz Needs to Fill His Swimming Pool In Eggs."

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    All the massive ink use of these weapons makes it so Maws swims around just a bit more safely. I never have enough ink to throw a bomb in their mouths.

EDIT: The charger can kill a Maws at full health when it surfaces.

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    Had a 46 Golden Egg Goldie Run today...fun stuff.
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    The charger can kill a Maws at full health when it surfaces.

AND the Slosher can kill Flyfish in one blow, no bombs needed. AND it can pierce through Drizzlers and Scrappers shields.

• Options
    Grillers are still a problem with this weekend's grizzco loadout, double blasters wailing on one with the weakpoint exposed still takes a while to kill. And I've been unlucky to not have a slosher in any griller wave to see if they pierce them as well.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Oh hey, they announced the Octoling amiibos are going to be coming out on 12/7.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Octoling amiibo confirmed playable for smash
    Just the amiibo

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Missed the Splatfest myself but looks like Team Squid won

a74tljyb49gm.jpeg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Went 34-14 for Team Squid. Finished with a 10 win streak when the Splatfest closed, so hopefully those fanboys and fiends that were matched with me got an extra rank in at the end.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I played 10 matches for team squid and lost all but one. And then when I logged back in the next day the splatfest was over. So hooray squids I guess.
    But I finally finished the lacklustre single player campaign and am finally taking a kraken at octo expansion which is way more fun.

• Options
    JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular
    Yeah I certainly didn't bring up the team squid average! It was a surprise to see the win.
    I thought the splatfest seemed to be a stronger level of play than I usually see

404 not found
  • Options
    I only had a chance to play about ten matches, but at least half of them were Shifty Station and Shifty Station was so good.

• Options
    Update is out, with the Ancho-V from the first game being added, as well as four different weapons, which include the Bloblobber and the Nautilus 47.

The Bloblobber seems like its really strong. It has great fire speed, damage, and range, and hitting with all four bubbles nets a splat, and I don't think there is any damage fall off. Sometimes I swear the enemy team as three of them, except its just one at a high location spamming down bubbles. It's really fun to play, but pretty annoying to go up against.

The Nautilus 47 might be my favourite Splatling for being able to hold its' charge. Being able to climb up walls and jump gaps with a charge helps to not get caught with your pants down, as well as making nice surprise attacks.

Clipped a video of me using it in turf war.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Finally his S+ in everything this past week. Onward to X Rank!

I don't care about competition, I just want to be able to do the X thing with my fingers in the game.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    I know some people don't like these mundane splatfests but I live for the arbitrary pettiness that they inspire amongst my friends.

I shall only use forks until this Splatfest is over.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    I know some people don't like these mundane splatfests but I live for the arbitrary pettiness that they inspire amongst my friends.

I shall only use forks until this Splatfest is over.

It is a damning indictment of humanity's future potential.

I love it.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Besides forks bring the best eating utensil, apparently Splatoon2 has Anti-cheating since 3.1.0, which is around one month before that player hacked their way to the leaderboards.

https://oatmealdome.me/blog/splatoon-2-version-3-1-0-introduces-anti-cheat

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    Went 23-16 for this Splatfest. The Shifty Station has another gate gimmick. Two switches on either side can be painted to open or close two gates, depending on who is painting them.

Inkjet really helps on this level, either to paint the first switch which is high up, or splat anyone shooting down from the Gate wall.

• Options
    This splatfest ended with a heap of connection issues one match away from ranking up. I must have played at least 6 consecutive matches where I disconnected in the last 10 seconds. Sorry, Team Fork.

Shifty Stage was, as always, excellent. This one's gimmick was a little more low-key but that just makes me want it to enter the standard rotation even more.

• Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    21-12 for team spoon and we still lost. I thought… maybe we weren't so terrible this time. Maybe Marina will win.

Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Totally forgot to post this in here, but last week I finally got back to playing the Octo Expansion after I finished Octopath Traveler and subsequently beat it. Hot damn, that final boss was awesome.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Sounds like Marina getting tired of losing.

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »
    Totally forgot to post this in here, but last week I finally got back to playing the Octo Expansion after I finished Octopath Traveler and subsequently beat it. Hot damn, that final boss was awesome.
    Which one?

I was really shocked by this Splatfest's dialogue. It was a little mean. All the same, there does seem to be some bias towards the Least Popular team (if the matches were truly equal we'd expect the most popular team to win ~75% of the time).

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Oh hey, some breaking news.

bijcbwdlbbmt.jpg
    From the evening of 8/31, Starfish Mainstage will be closed due to repair work. During construction, this stage will not be available in Regular, Ranked, and League Battle. The stage will still be playable in Private Battle though. Your understanding is appreciated.

THANK GOODNESS. It looks like Mainstage is getting a Underpass-style rework, which it sorely needed.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Good, even though it had a few changes before, it needed more.

• Options
    "Closed for Repair Work" instead of "Updating the Game"...how wonderful.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    "Closed for Repair Work" instead of "Updating the Game"...how wonderful.

Gives it a Wreck-it-Ralph feel.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    The used the same terminology when they redid Urchin Underpass in the first game as well, with the same "drawings on blueprints" pictures.

• Options
    The best part is that they kept the stump for the tree that they cut down after the redesign

• Options
    SulSul Registered User regular
    So… Grenades and a hammer, eh?

Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Some REALLY good changes to Salmon Run in the patch notes. This is actually a great update!!! I'm excited.
    Changes to Salmon Run
    Increased the number of Golden Eggs that appear after defeating a Griller from three to five.
    Rank can now be reset to Profreshional 40 when visiting Grizzco Industries once title and rank have reached Profreshional 100 or higher.
    After failing a Salmon Run job, your numeric rank will decrease half the amount it normally would if one of the following conditions was met:
    You were playing with less than a full work crew
    A teammate other than you contributed an insignificant number of Golden Eggs in relation to the total collected by the team.
    The background music playing during a regular enemy wave will now change when players use a certain combination of supplied weapons.

Patch Notes Here if you like to read them all.

TDawg on