As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[D&D 5E] Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    My buddy who went whole hog on the last Reaper mini Kickstarter went whole hog on the new DF Kickstarter.
    Which is awesome but we play at my house...

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Nyht wrote: »
    So I looked into Dwarven Forge on their newest kickstarter. I always loved their stuff and had the very basic set, which I got as a kid for Christmas.

Looking at the prices for the kickstarter, I am 100% happy it exists and love the idea of getting it. But I then went online to Amazon and just bought some new battle mats for 34 dollars as I didn't have $2000 that I would have needed for DF >_>

The quality is really amazing on those new sets, though. It just feels like you don't get a lot for the money which is why I started to get into this whole foam homemade stuff and trying it out.

EDIT: And to be clear I still think the DF stuff is totally worth it if I DID had the money given the time, effort, and quality that goes into that stuff. So I'm not saying by any stretch it's unreasonable.

Before geek chic folded the game room dream was a sultan loaded with dwarven forge style miniatures so you could literally just build the dungeon from models before the players got in for the day and just go to town on a legit dungeon crawl.

• JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    The company that originally made Dwarven Forge's molds sells the molds for like ~30 a pop. A friend of mine got a bunch, and then just used those molds as masters to make his own copies. I don't quite understand the mechanics, but you end up with similar quality to DF for what amounts to pennies per tile. It's this place:
    Molds!

I've always wanted to do that, but haven't had an IRL group that plays consistently enough to warrant it. What I should do is write up an epic one shot, design the set piece final battle in painted tiles, and take my various groups of friends through the adventure in groups of 3 to 4, and maybe get a few consistent players that way....

Hmm...

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I rolled randomly for a character name once, and the result was: 'Somewhere, a door opens.'

Oooooh, spooky.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I'm sorting the party inventory for my game because my players are too ADHD to manage their own shared loot and I think they have my favorite homebrew item ever:

Potion of Lava Breathing
    You can breathe normally under lava for 1 hour after drinking this thick red potion. The potion provides no protection against heat or fire damage.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Someone here I think linked a compendium of magical items but I'll be damned if I can find it. Can someone re-post it?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    This isn't entirely about the game, but the comic's dedication to this "dSports" arc has been incredible.

We missed our game this week, so it's still up in the air what will happen to the dying buccaneer captured by a vine blight.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    JustTee wrote: »
    The company that originally made Dwarven Forge's molds sells the molds for like ~30 a pop. A friend of mine got a bunch, and then just used those molds as masters to make his own copies. I don't quite understand the mechanics, but you end up with similar quality to DF for what amounts to pennies per tile. It's this place:
    Molds!

Didn't know HA manufactured the original DF molds! Neat. As a heavy, heavy user of Hirst Arts molds, I will heartily endorse their stuff. I've bought maybe less than 10 total molds from them (including several dupes, for speed), and over the course of a decade+ have enough dungeon terrain to carpet a basement floor. As to how it works, I can speak at length on it if anyone is interested.

Then, because I'm a crafty type person, I started building stuff by hand from scratch.

And now I have an entire closet dedicated to storing all that stuff.

I may have a problem.

(The problem is I still don't have enough dungeon stuff.)

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Update on the Curse of Strahd game I play in
    The party was deciding between visiting Mount Gakis (spelling? I cant google stuff for fear of spoilers), Argenvostholt (same deal) or accepting Strahds invitation to be had for dinner.

Our goblin paladin who has sworn an oath of illiteracy had burned the actual physical invitation but Von Richten assured us that Strahd wouldn't let any harm come to us, being an old school polite dude, so off we went to visit the creepy castle!

Unfortunately dinner didn't go well. Our paladin was openly carrying the Sunsword which I suspect put Strahd on alert right away, my character is turning into an amateur vampire hunter due to his best friend being killed by vampires a few sessions back, and our light cleric is... well a light cleric.

The only character willing to strike a deal with Strahd was our rogue, who was genuinely interested in hearing the vampire lord out on trading Irena or the Sunsword for his freedom to leave the country, but he seemed to have accidentally insulted Strahd cause we got thrown out into the terrifying Barovian night dramatically. Our DM rolls random encounters openly and rolled the same roll like 8 times in a row so somehow we managed to walk from Ravenloft to the Vistani camp unmolested, where we spent the night and rented horses to return to Vallaki the next day.

We left off in town, having decided to head south next session, either to find Argenvostholt or whatever is drawing our revenant goblin paladin toward Mount Gakis, we got some really shady directions from the vistani on where Argenvostholt was and half the party thinks its way far south and some of us think its closer to Kresk. We really should have asked the revenant we met on the road where exactly the place was.

Khildith on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Someone here I think linked a compendium of magical items but I'll be damned if I can find it. Can someone re-post it?

I've got a couple, was it:
    This one?

Or any of Monte's Magic Item Guides on GM Binder?

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Ivellius wrote: »
    This isn't entirely about the game, but the comic's dedication to this "dSports" arc has been incredible.

We missed our game this week, so it's still up in the air what will happen to the dying buccaneer captured by a vine blight.

It has made me want to run a one-off where an ancient and very bored [powerful entity] captures a few adventuring parties and sets them loose in a dungeon, with freedom as their prize for whoever gets to the end first. Possibly with an audience of millions of outer planar beings above and behind a force field.

Edit:
    For the parties I’m thinking the players’ party, whatever that may consist of.
    A band of suspiciously good monsters: drow rogue, orc ranger, kobold sorcerer & tiefling cleric.
    A band of obviously good human paladin, elf wizard, dwarf fighter & halfling cleric heroes who are definitely good.
    Some very confused Dark Sun hobbos.
    A human monk, an ape with a staff, a sand demon & a pig samurai.
    A crack team of unusually armoured soldiers with big “enchanted hand canons” that don’t speak any language the party knows.
    Plus a bunch that die off screen or for the party to loot as they come across them.

Endless_Serpents on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Character that I think I want to make:
    Sorcerer with Animate Object, Dragon's Breath, Twinned Spell and a multitude of bags filled with ball bearings.

Cast Animate Object on the Ball Bearings, 10 (up to 18 depending on spell slot level) of them turn into a swarm of steel bees dealing 1d4+4 damage with a +8 to hit.
    Except for two, which are now tiny steel dragons spewing 15' cones of fire, ice, lightning, poison or acid at 3d6 (up to 10d6 if you use a 9th level slot).

Animate Object takes the action, Dragon Breath is a bonus action that gets twinned using sorcery points.

If I'm reading the charts right, I should be able to do that at level 9 for the 5th level spell slot for Animate, then use a 4th level for Dragon's Breath to get 6d6 from the cones.

Of course, the biggest requirement is a DM who either agrees that something cool should override the Concentration rules (and agrees that a swarm of fire breathing murder marbles qualifies), or maybe one who only skimmed that section of the rules. Maybe I could actually play two gnomes in a trenchcoat. Or get some kind of magic object that could maintain concentration on one of the spells for me...

Going back to the earlier topic of gold sinks, I reckon before level 9 you could have a set of tiny clockwork dragons crafted for such a purpose.

Just for the full effect.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Man, being a Wu-Jen mystic is so cool, but also it kinda sucks that all my spell saves are strength and constitution. That's what pretty much all the tough enemies have huge amounts of. Next level I intend to pick up Mastery of Weather which comes with a dex save, though, which should help a little.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
    edited August 2018
    One of my players wants to be a changeling. The UA and the Wayfinder's Guide version both seem tame.

I don't think the player is going to like being the face though.

joshgotro on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    One of my players wants to be a changeling. The UA and the Wayfinder's Guide version both seem tame.

Well if he doesn't like being the face, he can always change into a different face. :rotate:

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Sorcerer with Animate Object, Dragon's Breath, Twinned Spell and a multitude of bags filled with ball bearings.

Cast Animate Object on the Ball Bearings, 10 (up to 18 depending on spell slot level) of them turn into a swarm of steel bees dealing 1d4+4 damage with a +8 to hit.
    Except for two, which are now tiny steel dragons spewing 15' cones of fire, ice, lightning, poison or acid at 3d6 (up to 10d6 if you use a 9th level slot).

Animate Object takes the action, Dragon Breath is a bonus action that gets twinned using sorcery points.

If I'm reading the charts right, I should be able to do that at level 9 for the 5th level spell slot for Animate, then use a 4th level for Dragon's Breath to get 6d6 from the cones.

Of course, the biggest requirement is a DM who either agrees that something cool should override the Concentration rules (and agrees that a swarm of fire breathing murder marbles qualifies), or maybe one who only skimmed that section of the rules. Maybe I could actually play two gnomes in a trenchcoat. Or get some kind of magic object that could maintain concentration on one of the spells for me...

Might be easier to get the DM to give you Tiny Servant instead? No fly speed, and fewer objects, but also no concentration.

edited August 2018
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Well if he doesn't like being the face, he can always change into a different face. :rotate:

I feel I'll need to provide a portal to Eberron eventually to make sense why there is a lone changeling running around the forgotten realms.

Edit: I told these players pick official class/race.

joshgotro on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

I feel I'll need to provide a portal to Eberron eventually to make sense why there is a long changeling running around the forgotten realms.

I get what you mean by "official," but maybe you should clarify to your players that official means published in a finalized book, not something that's part of UA or an on-going playtest, to be on the safe side.

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

I feel I'll need to provide a portal to Eberron eventually to make sense why there is a lone changeling running around the forgotten realms.

Eh, no reason, I feel, if you're not enthusiastic about doing the full crossover. Forgotten Realms has doppelgangers, and there's a million ways to explain something like a changeling existing in a setting where doppelgangers exist, from "freak wizard accident" to "evil daddy doppelganger macked on someone's wife posing as them".

Steam ID: Right here.
  • FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    I will always love Changelings but to be honest when I play them I seldom follow through with the actual shape changing and mindfuckery. Not sure if it's the pace we play at or my eagerness to enter combat instead of the soft arena of roleplaying.

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    Drascin wrote: »

Eh, no reason, I feel, if you're not enthusiastic about doing the full crossover. Forgotten Realms has doppelgangers, and there's a million ways to explain something like a changeling existing in a setting where doppelgangers exist, from "freak wizard accident" to "evil daddy doppelganger macked on someone's wife posing as them".

This is where I'm leaning. Lost Mine even has two doppelgangers I can tie the character to.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    One of the best mindfucks I did to my players when I was DMing 4E was a brawl in a bandit hideout that included a couple of enemy changeling archers. Archer would walk out of a room at the far end of the hall, fire a ranged attack at the PCs, then duck into a room on the other side of the hall. Leaving that miniature in place (since the PCs didn't have line of sight), next round a different miniature would pop out, launch a ranged attack, and wander somewhere else out of line-of-sight. It eventually turned a little bit Scooby Doo once the players caught on that some of those minis didn't actually represent creatures any more, but for the first couple rounds the players were definitely nervous about just how many opponents they were facing.

edited August 2018

I think Jerry Holkins introduced the concept of a changeling being the product of a doppleganger and a human

seems reasonable to me, you dont have to use the eberron lore to use an eberron race

plus it's basically canon that humans breed with everything in the forgotten realms, right now some adventurer is on a quest to get Ifriti Chainmail so that they can have a romantic evening with Magara the Dawn Titan

override367 on
    Anything that’s not in some setting’s history/lore just hasn’t been written yet.

Changelings come from that universe’s Slovakia. Who knows anything from Slovakia? Exactly. Don’t stop it having quite literally the same amount of history and culture as anywhere else.

I think Jerry Holkins introduced the concept of a changeling being the product of a doppleganger and a human

seems reasonable to me, you dont have to use the eberron lore to use an eberron race

plus it's basically canon that humans breed with everything in the forgotten realms, right now some adventurer is on a quest to get Ifriti Chainmail so that they can have a romantic evening with Magara the Dawn Titan

Who? What? Where?

• KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    So my main character , a half-orc river pirate, was knocked out successfully defending a group of villagers from three trolls - by himself - last session.

I'm not always the biggest fan of random injury tables, and my stomach sank when I rolled a 1, trying to remember if instant death was an option.

Nope. Lose an eye.

D&D is the best sometimes.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I DMed my first game in a while yesterday! Don't have time to go into detail, but here are a few highlights:

- The players had to guard a caravan to another city and investigate who was behind recent attacks.
    - They found a group of boggles in the bushes nearby after fighting a manticore who were using their dimensional rift power to teleport things out of the caravan. Not only did the players not kill them, they agreed to smuggle the boggles into the city to steal other people's' stuff if they promised not to steal anything from the caravan.
    - They defeated three scarecrows who were blocking the path and subdued a weretiger, who turned out to be surprisingly pathetic (dude attempted a pounce attack while next to a hill, missed the PC, fell down the hill, landed prone, and got pinned down by the Druid in horse form and a wolf animal companion).

• JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular

This may be overridden by a kind DM, but RAW:
    If you cast a spell as a bonus action on your turn, you can use your action to cast at most a cantrip. So if you quicken a fireball, you can't *also* regular action fireball. It's one of the things that kind of pops a lot of Quicken shenaningans. Or vice versa. If you use your main action to cast any non-cantrip, you can use your bonus action to cast at *most* a cantrip.

On Critical Role, Mercer house-ruled that you could cast <anything> + <level 1 spell> on your turn, but I think that was mostly to allow healers to Bonus Action -> Healing Word and still have a useful/productive turn.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
    JustTee wrote: »

This may be overridden by a kind DM, but RAW:
    If you cast a spell as a bonus action on your turn, you can use your action to cast at most a cantrip. So if you quicken a fireball, you can't *also* regular action fireball. It's one of the things that kind of pops a lot of Quicken shenaningans. Or vice versa. If you use your main action to cast any non-cantrip, you can use your bonus action to cast at *most* a cantrip.

On Critical Role, Mercer house-ruled that you could cast <anything> + <level 1 spell> on your turn, but I think that was mostly to allow healers to Bonus Action -> Healing Word and still have a useful/productive turn.

Yeah i recently outright told my table that misty step/thunder step definitely works because i'm fine with multiple characters having tele-saves they can pull for the fighters and close up folks

I just need to give them the dope setup with someone totally surrounded so they can get the full effect.

Further notes from yesterday's session:

- The players get to the city and start searching for the person the weretiger said had hired him. They discover their target is a notorious rabble rouser. After listening to a rant he was giving in the city square the Druid tried to tail him in rat form, but was attacked by a hawk and turned back to normal.
    - After losing track of their mark the party looks around the trade meet he was last seen at. Though they don't find him, the Bard sees a pixie music box at a woman's stall that can soothe natural beasts instantaneously. When she asks what the woman wants for it, the woman cryptically replies "whatever the boggles bring you tonight".

I made that last bit up on the spot. I'm kinda proud of it and have decided that the mysterious woman is a hag in disguise.

• IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Kasyn wrote: »
    So my main character , a half-orc river pirate, was knocked out successfully defending a group of villagers from three trolls - by himself - last session.

I'm not always the biggest fan of random injury tables, and my stomach sank when I rolled a 1, trying to remember if instant death was an option.

Nope. Lose an eye.

Now you can be an Eye of Gruumsh!

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    edit: Whoops wrong thread

SniperGuy on
    edited August 2018
    My intrepid players began their search to retrieve their devoured bard's lost soul (currently owned by baggy nana, the hag)

Long story short, stuff happens and they end up seeing everything going black and waking up inhabiting different bodies: red sylvan bodies with the attractive features of elves but more exaggerated, in a city of thousands of similar creatures (male and female), the smell of sea salt, the sound of crashing waves (looks like the weather is getting ominously bad...). They eventually put together that the hag is using the life force of hundreds of humans in their time to create a magical ritual so she can live in some distant past, that this is an actual honest to goodness real place, and that these people are the same race as her, before whatever turned her into what they know of as a hag. This city is going to be annihilated by Dendar the Night Serpent in around 2 days - it's already too late for anyone to leave, but the hag is here taking the guise of a Seer and has convinced the locals that the inclimate weather is temporary, that the seas will calm in a week and everything will go back to normal. She presumably is just reliving this time period over and over, for past glories? accessing forgotten knowledge? who knows, they know the hag is *quite* old

Then my players did what players do: thwartin mah plans. I, expecting them to go immediately to the hag and kick her ass and figure out how to get home, did not expect one of them to suggest a far different course.

The warlock asked if bags of holding are available in this city, immediately after discovering that in this form she can breath underwater (so presumably all of these "Red hags" can). Yea sure. So now the party wants to... steal a bunch of bags of holding and fill them with water and kidnap a bunch of children and throw them in the bags of holding so that they can preserve this civilization and take part of it back to the present with them, because this race is basically gone in the world they came from...

Sure why not, next time: you kidnap an entire school house to save their lives, you guys can be the aliens from that terrible nicholas cage movie, the only problem, I remind them, is that they have no idea how to get things from here to the world they came from - this is thousands of years in the past, these aren't their bodies, these are random creatures they're inhabiting. "No problem, she can cast Magnificent Mansion and we'll put a hundred kids in there they can wait out the destruction of the night serpent"

"and then what you guys will just hang out here for four thousand years?"

It was the end of the session so they've got a week to figure this out, I hadn't planned on this, figuring it obvious that this civilization was doomed, but never underestimate D&D players desire to break the world, I can't wait to see what they come up with and fully intend to run with it :biggrin:

override367 on
  • KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Kasyn wrote: »

Nope. Lose an eye.

Now you can be an Eye of Gruumsh!

Wouldn't I have to put out the other eye in the ritual?

Though now that you mention this I am definitely lobbying my DM to give me advantage on all Intimidation checks. (Which is actually perfect because a rather absurd intimidation check attempt, my first all campaign, is what got me separated from the party and led me to complete troll fucktown in the first place.)

My intrepid players began their search to retrieve their devoured bard's lost soul (currently owned by baggy nana, the hag)

Long story short, stuff happens and they end up seeing everything going black and waking up inhabiting different bodies: red sylvan bodies with the attractive features of elves but more exaggerated, in a city of thousands of similar creatures (male and female), the smell of sea salt, the sound of crashing waves (looks like the weather is getting ominously bad...). They eventually put together that the hag is using the life force of hundreds of humans in their time to create a magical ritual so she can live in some distant past, that this is an actual honest to goodness real place, and that these people are the same race as her, before whatever turned her into what they know of as a hag. This city is going to be annihilated by Dendar the Night Serpent in around 2 days - it's already too late for anyone to leave, but the hag is here taking the guise of a Seer and has convinced the locals that the inclimate weather is temporary, that the seas will calm in a week and everything will go back to normal. She presumably is just reliving this time period over and over, for past glories? accessing forgotten knowledge? who knows, they know the hag is *quite* old

Then my players did what players do: thwartin mah plans. I, expecting them to go immediately to the hag and kick her ass and figure out how to get home, did not expect one of them to suggest a far different course.

The warlock asked if bags of holding are available in this city, immediately after discovering that in this form she can breath underwater (so presumably all of these "Red hags" can). Yea sure. So now the party wants to... steal a bunch of bags of holding and fill them with water and kidnap a bunch of children and throw them in the bags of holding so that they can preserve this civilization and take part of it back to the present with them, because this race is basically gone in the world they came from...

Sure why not, next time: you kidnap an entire school house to save their lives, you guys can be the aliens from that terrible nicholas cage movie, the only problem, I remind them, is that they have no idea how to get things from here to the world they came from - this is thousands of years in the past, these aren't their bodies, these are random creatures they're inhabiting. "No problem, she can cast Magnificent Mansion and we'll put a hundred kids in there they can wait out the destruction of the night serpent"

It was the end of the session so they've got a week to figure this out, I hadn't planned on this, figuring it obvious that this civilization was doomed, but never underestimate D&D players desire to break the world, I can't wait to see what they come up with and fully intend to run with it :biggrin:

I think I'd at least like to expose the hag and try to convince at least some people that the end is coming before I started kidnapping children.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Fuselage wrote: »
    I will always love Changelings but to be honest when I play them I seldom follow through with the actual shape changing and mindfuckery. Not sure if it's the pace we play at or my eagerness to enter combat instead of the soft arena of roleplaying.

j6qfyytmhht6.png

edited August 2018
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »

I think I'd at least like to expose the hag and try to convince at least some people that the end is coming before I started kidnapping children.

The druid bought a slave, an elf from this time period, and insisted that she should be saved - which has kicked them into wanting to save members of this civilization, but not the civilization itself necessarily because they seem to be QUITE warlike and evil... they have magic stores where you can buy souls, fleshcrafters that will create life permanently enslaved to the buyer, they serve "elf" at all the restaurants, stuff like that - hence why they were mostly interested in saving innocent children (also their stupid bag of holding plan, you can fit like 15 kids in a bag of holding)

They did try to convince the authorities, but realized they inhabited the bodies of a particular family here that's just nobodies (lets not dwell on what happened to the people they matrix'd into), and came close to getting imprisoned for being crazy doomsayers. They had a stroke of brilliance by selling the family's home for dirt cheap to have spending money to buy weapons and armor with

The NPC wizard with them just keeps telling them that everyone here is already dead and has been for thousands of years, lets go loot long dead knowledge from the library while the looting is good and figure out how to escape

Edit: based upon my hangouts feed, the current consensus seems to be "put a pile of whoever we want to save into bags of holding, give them to the druid, have the druid wildshape thus merging the bags with the druid, and then stay wild shaped until returning to the present"...........................................................

override367 on

The druid bought a slave, an elf from this time period, and insisted that she should be saved - which has kicked them into wanting to save members of this civilization, but not the civilization itself necessarily because they seem to be QUITE warlike and evil... they have magic stores where you can buy souls, fleshcrafters that will create life permanently enslaved to the buyer, they serve "elf" at all the restaurants, stuff like that - hence why they were mostly interested in saving innocent children (also their stupid bag of holding plan, you can fit like 15 kids in a bag of holding)

They did try to convince the authorities, but realized they inhabited the bodies of a particular family here that's just nobodies (lets not dwell on what happened to the people they matrix'd into), and came close to getting imprisoned for being crazy doomsayers. They had a stroke of brilliance by selling the family's home for dirt cheap to have spending money to buy weapons and armor with

The NPC wizard with them just keeps telling them that everyone here is already dead and has been for thousands of years, lets go loot long dead knowledge from the library while the looting is good and figure out how to escape

Edit: based upon my hangouts feed, the current consensus seems to be "put a pile of whoever we want to save into bags of holding, give them to the druid, have the druid wildshape thus merging the bags with the druid, and then stay wild shaped until returning to the present"...........................................................

Is there any reason a DM couldn't just say that a wild shaped character's stuff is held in a demiplane? That's essentially how Animorphs did it.

Although said plane also held onto globs of spare biomass if you turned into something smaller and also had globs of extra biomass if you needed to get bigger.

Plus spaceships also used the same dimension for faster than light travel, meaning there was a remote, yet still greater than zero chance of your biomass getting splattered on a spaceship's hull.

Is there any reason a DM couldn't just say that a wild shaped character's stuff is held in a demiplane? That's essentially how Animorphs did it.

Although said plane also held onto globs of spare biomass if you turned into something smaller and also had globs of extra biomass if you needed to get bigger.

Plus spaceships also used the same dimension for faster than light travel, meaning there was a remote, yet still greater than zero chance of your biomass getting splattered on a spaceship's hull.

Animorphs was a weird fuckin series.