As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I've purchased from AE probably 4 or 5 times over the last few years. I've never had any issues.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    If people are still looking Amazon has a few POTP Hun-grrrrrrrrs left at $24.99. I think they've caught up to that wave at least since this is the second restock they've had at that price.

Now if only they can restock the Wave 3 Deluxes...

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I've purchased from AE probably 4 or 5 times over the last few years. I've never had any issues.

Awesome. I was considering buying the new Wheeljack from them. But now see that I can pick up the domestic release. Sort of torn since it will save me a few bucks, but not sure if it is really worth it since I do want Hasbro to continue to release MPs here in the states. But thanks for letting me know that they are good.
    Nobody wrote: »
    If people are still looking Amazon has a few POTP Hun-grrrrrrrrs left at $24.99. I think they've caught up to that wave at least since this is the second restock they've had at that price.

Now if only they can restock the Wave 3 Deluxes...

I actually managed to find a Hun-Gurr at a local Target two weeks ago. He really is a fun Transformer. Also picked up Elita-1 and found a better bot mode that gives her a backpack, but at least allows her to look more feminine than a mold mate to Starscream. Wish they made two other female looking Deluxes for her to form a female combiner, but guess I shouldn't complain that much.

Speaking of female bots, I was surfing sites for ordering Wheeljack and found a Road Rage for cheaper than a Voyager. Sorta tempting, but I didn't care for Tracks as a bot mode so not sure if I'd like her. Anybody have her and can tell if she's worth it at that price? I realized that I missed her for $30 at TF source which bums me out a bit. But a MP for less than a Voyager Class is tempting.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    Oddly enough I found my Hun-Gurr at a Walmart several months ago.

For some bizarre reason he was priced at 17.88 (package was pristine, not opened and everything was inside).

I didn't complain.

• MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Speaking of female bots, I was surfing sites for ordering Wheeljack and found a Road Rage for cheaper than a Voyager. Sorta tempting, but I didn't care for Tracks as a bot mode so not sure if I'd like her. Anybody have her and can tell if she's worth it at that price? I realized that I missed her for $30 at TF source which bums me out a bit. But a MP for less than a Voyager Class is tempting.

Not amazing. The arms don't lock well in flight mode, the legs lock together too well requiring significant force to separate and the neck hinge is pretty loose. Not a horrible figure but the more you pay for it the more disappointed you're likely to be.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    MP Road Rage is worse than MP Tracks due to joints in the shoulders and neck not locking. But really that mold was kinda shitty to begin with, so if you didn't like Tracks you should avoid Road Rage.

In other MP related news, I ordered some 3mm e-clips to put in the problem shoulder ratchets on MP DinoBot. These should push the joint's peg further in and help prevent it from slipping out and snapping. Found the fix on TFW2005.

I'm also kind of tempted to order the DNA Design upgrade set for Predaking, but I'm still hoping Perfect Effect will make a better set to fill in the lower back. Also because the DNA Design set is really expensive.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Ah ok. Thanks to you both. I might just wait to see if she'll go cheaper to leave in car mode (and occasionally transform). She is just tempting at the price she is at now. But $30 would be better.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Sorry for the double post. But saw this on tfw2005 and had to share.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2018/08/13/maas-toys-tyrant-throne-color-prototype-mp-36-megatron-throne-370022

Plus I just went through the entertainment of the morning. Trying to order SDCC exclusives on HTS. Think I got my order in since my CC was charged but waiting for the email. The TF cards sold out quickly so didn't get one of those. But I did manage to snag a BB and Aphra sets (hopefully).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    The starters will be at retail later. the SDCC/gencon promo packs are supposed to stay as promos which is fucking stupid. I hope they release them with alt art or something later

Yeah that was the only reason I wanted the sdcc promo packs (for the exclusive bots). But after seeing other cards and such maybe it was fate I didn't get them since I might have to pass on this since the huge bot cards are starting to bug me. I understand that it is good for play wise, but would be annoying to store/travel with.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah that was the only reason I wanted the sdcc promo packs (for the exclusive bots). But after seeing other cards and such maybe it was fate I didn't get them since I might have to pass on this since the huge bot cards are starting to bug me. I understand that it is good for play wise, but would be annoying to store/travel with.

there are going to be branded sleeves and binders for it. however if you don't want to overpay for the inevitable optimus/bumblebee stuff ultrapro already makes 3.5x5 binder pages and toploaders for other stuff. i'm kinda curious what they will do for deckboxes as that is going to be the big issue. i don't mind having special pages but if i need a separate container for deck and bots that will be irritating. i'm still going all in though

maybe the bigger question (looooooooooooool) is what the fuck they are going to do for the metroplex set. metroplex is twice the size of the oversized bots (so 7x10). i guess i'll carry around a photo album?

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I picked up PE-11 SFX Scout Force X aka "I Can't Believe It's Not Reflector" and while I don't think the $100 retail price is worth it, they are definitely worth the $40 I paid. They are so tiny (about 2/3 the size of a legends figure) but transform so smoothly and all of their gear fits in the transformed mode.

You reminded me that I always wanted Reflector growing up. They never made a rerelease of them did they?

oosik_betsuni.png
    They've never done anything authentic with Reflector post G1. There's a targetmaster that came with Generations Skrapnel that turned into a movie-camera/grenade-launcher, and a trio of Shockwave repaints as a Botcon 2016 Exclusives, but no real cameras.

That is too bad. I always thought they were a really neat idea. Growing up I saw tons of knockoffs, but never bought one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Reflector's alt mode holds them back I think. They are minor characters that have a not very exciting alt. Given that battletrap exists I don't think it is impossible they get a upgrade though

Do you guys consider them combiners? While they literally combine, it is more like duocons to me than devastator

I never thought of them as combiners, mainly because they don't have an alt mode themselves and then combine to form another mode. But of course my younger me didn't think of any of them as combiners since they were all lumped into the Transformers bin in my head. Then there were the GoBots and MR robots.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Operation shoulder ratchet is complete.

Wedged a 3mm e-clip in the outside of the ratchet joints in both of Dinobot's shoulders. Everyone on TFW seems to be having an issue with the left shoulder but my figure's right shoulder was worse. Now the peg is being pushed further into the slot so I don't have to worry about it slipping out and snapping.

AbupB8B.jpg?1

I2fxWjY.jpg

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    The fix I had heard for dinobot's shoulder was effectively just greasing the ratchet. I mean this was on the podcast so it was me trying to visualize it.

It bugs me that a $250 kit requires fixing or it will break.

I keep missing the G1 Constructicons when they show up on Walmart.com

Sigh

Did they go up today? I've been stuck in jury duty so have not looked.

My only hope is that they made a bunch of these so I can find one online or in store eventually.

My fear is that they didn't and I'll never get one.

oosik_betsuni.png
    They've been going up in the mornings every other day or so.

Dangit.... Now I regret not being able to check for the past two days.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Heffling wrote: »
    Very true, but the preventative measure in this instance is super cheap and easy.

There are other figures where you have to pay a lot more than a few dollars to fix the figure, not to mention being more of a hassle as well.

For instance, the ATP design elbow and knee fix for MP Star Staber was like $12 excluding shipping, but a real pain to swap out. Putting leg pieces back together was like trying to use Superman's hand gripper. Not a pleasant experience on the hands.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Very true, but the preventative measure in this instance is super cheap and easy.

There are other figures where you have to pay a lot more than a few dollars to fix the figure, not to mention being more of a hassle as well.

For instance, the ATP design elbow and knee fix for MP Star Staber was like $12 excluding shipping, but a real pain to swap out. Putting leg pieces back together was like trying to use Superman's hand gripper. Not a pleasant experience on the hands.

That this occurs in multiple high-end kits is an even worse problem, not an improvement.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Got my Hasbro Blastoff from Amazon

I waffled on it a bit before I ordered because I have UW Bruticus, so I already have a shuttle Blastoff and I wasn't sure how the Hasbro color would look when attached as a limb

..but overall I do prefer the Hasbro color, and the reversed chest looks a lot better, so I figured why not

And now in hand, I'm really glad I did. This is Blastoff. Also, I think he looks really good as an arm on UW Bruticus! Even though the UW chest plate has that noticeable orange-brown, a good amount of it is also a darker brown, so Hasbro Blastoff doesn't clash like I thought

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Walmart is now teasing people by showing the Devastator set in stock with store pickup only, but after you go all the way through the sale screens it tells you that it's out of stock.

Yeah I tried it yesterday all excited... Till you try to check out. Sheesh.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah, I ended up trying all night.

This morning it was back to saying it was out of stock on the main page

Heatwave wrote: »

That this occurs in multiple high-end kits is an even worse problem, not an improvement.

You're not wrong, but the only other alternative is to not have the figures at all.

Like, they're still really good figures and representations of the characters. I'd rather buy them now and fix them, than hope Takara will release a flawless figure of these characters within my lifetime.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Ok, sharing time! I finally got around to taking photos of my MPM-03, MPM-05 and Repugnus after having them for a while now. Well just Movie Bumblebee and Barricade.

So MPM-03 Bumblebee was my second Movie Masterpiece toy. I bought him after having such a blast with Optimus Prime that I had to have him. Glad I picked him up since he is a blast to transform. It reminds me of the movie with lots of pieces of him folding all over the place. In order to transform him I actually had to watch a video to figure out some parts it is that confusing. I love the detail of the license plate on his... crotch... region. Plus he can really show emotion and lots of poses. There is a small amount of metal which makes me happy (although not as much as Optimus has).
    mpm-03_1.jpg
    mpm-03_2.jpg

So after buying both Optimus Prime and Bumblebee I had to pick up Barricade. Mainly because I loved his car mode in the movie (and it doesn't hurt my wife loves the car as well). So today I decided to take him out of his box and try him out. His weapon is funny that it actually has its own stand for it. Overall though the transformation instructions are confusing and I ended up looking at photos of him to get it right. What is sad is after the excitement of Optimus Prime and Bumblebee I have to say that Barricade isn't as exciting to transform. The engineering is something that makes me warm and fuzzy since I admire the engineering taken to make these things work. Ok, so his arm transformations is the most confusing and interesting part of him. I know his actual robot design from the movies actually makes him more ape form than a standard robot, but it still sort of bugs me when I'm looking at him on the shelf. OH and he actually has quite a bit of metal on him, mainly the upper torso frame and front of his chest.
    mpm-05_1.jpg
    mpm-05_2.jpg
    mpm-05_3.jpg
    mpm-05_4.jpg
    mpm-05_5.jpg
    mpm-05_6.jpg

So Power of the Primes Repugnus. Man, I am so glad I have him with Grotesque and Twinferno now. The beasts are now complete. As I mentioned before he is a great version of Twinferno's base transformation engineering. Plus in one of the photos you can actually see my extra head in his chest. I took a photo of him with the Titans Return Repugnus as well.
    repugnus1.jpg
    repugnus2.jpg
    repugnus3.jpg
    repugnus4.jpg
    repugnus5.jpg

Also an additional photo for fun.
    I bought these little keychain arcade game systems at Walmart since I have no room for the actual arcades. While I was taking photos I thought it would be hilarious if I used the cassette bots from MP Soundwave to make it look like they were at the arcades. I used Buzzsaw instead of Lazerbeak since the poor guy never gets a break and is the lesser seen of the bird bots.

mp_arcade.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
    *gets excited about a post with a bunch of pictures*

*no pictures are showing*

Curse you work filter!

I just got my Repugnus. He's really great! Each one is different enough that I don't feel bad about owning that base mold three times

Anyone pick up any Studio Series stuff and have any thoughts?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Aw man, sorry boss. I use dropbox so guessing that's why they're blocked.

I'm hopefully going to get my first SS bot next week with the Con Exclusive Bumblebee set so will tell you my thoughts on him. From what I have seen they look to me to be a bit better than the normal run toys we got and closer to Masterpiece level in detail.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I bought the MP-20 Wheeljack KO from Amazon and they sent me the real Takara MP-20.

Aw man, sorry boss. I use dropbox so guessing that's why they're blocked.

I'm hopefully going to get my first SS bot next week with the Con Exclusive Bumblebee set so will tell you my thoughts on him. From what I have seen they look to me to be a bit better than the normal run toys we got and closer to Masterpiece level in detail.

Haha, not your fault, I looked at them on my phone on break

I totally forgot I have the lil' Repugnus. I definitely prefer that version of the head now that I see it, I need to swap 'em out

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    I bought the MP-20 Wheeljack KO from Amazon and they sent me the real Takara MP-20.

I heard of that happening, but wondered if it was real. Now I know it is real. Talk about a nice surprise I bet.

oosik_betsuni.png
    The funny thing is the sticker lists it as a KO, but if you research the KO differences you can tell this is the real thing. Honestly, at $40 for the KO, it's kinda on the high end of what I would consider worth it. I'm glad I didn't pay $80+ for it.

I think I've been spoiled by Gundam kits, though.

edited August 2018
    Just when I thought I had a handle on my plastic crack spending...

...Figma Megumin goes up for pre-order.

https://hlj.com/product/MAX06564

Sadly it does not include a smug face, but I'll still be getting it

1I80ydo.jpg?1

And with the upcoming RTX 2080, MP Hound, MP Optimus V3 and some of the Siege for Cybertron figures, I think I might roll up in a ball and cry a bit. :P

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
This discussion has been closed.