As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Lego] Overwatch sets incoming!

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    When I open a Lego box, I make sure I have the entire time required to finish the box off in one sitting.

Or purposefully plan out it being done in two days.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Are old Legos worth anything? i I think I have the entire run of that old was blizzard planet thing.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Are old Legos worth anything? i I think I have the entire run of that old was blizzard planet thing.

You have a complete set of Ice Planet 2112 and you haven't retired off it yet?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

It is highly variable, some themes are worth more than others. Old Star Wars kits tend to hold value very well, for example. I had to sell off my collection when I moved to the US, and I found that Technic kits, Star Wars and Monster Fighters sold the best, while there wasn't much interest in Exploriens or Spyrius.

Oh brilliant
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Next business trip I'm on will take me close to a Lego store, so I expect to be building Voltron in my hotel room while I'm there.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
    Lou29 wrote: »
    By no means a lifelong Lego person (had a few of the old castle and pirate ship sets), but after getting the infinity war line and having a blast with them, especially the sanctum sanctorum, I maaaay have gone to the mall and come home with Voltron. How do you guys manage to pace yourselves building these?! I want to do all 16 bags right now!

I have one kid naptime to build in before I have to pack up. The last big set I got took me months, haha.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I try to pace myself so it's not over too quick. If I've got a big set I'll try to space out the bags to last a week with one or two steps per evening.

steam_sig.png
  • Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Decided on a lion a day, then the sword/combine them Friday. Two down!

• MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    I'm super pleased with how simple and easy it is to go from Lions to Voltron and back, they really knocked it out of the park. When people see it displayed and inevitably ask if actually transforms it's super great to be able to demonstrate it. Really the biggest impediment is having a big enough flat space nearby to show all the Lions!

Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Woo Kylo's ship was on clearance at Wal-Mart for 50 Canadian (normally 110) now it can go in the closet with the Poe's X-wing I also haven't had a chance to build that I got on clearance last year!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    My city dock has shipped!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The blind bad harry potter figs appeared at work
    I got 4 bags there is 22 figures in this set so yeah I forsee now it's like the Halloween set it's going to take me years to finish

• TachTach Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The blind bad harry potter figs appeared at work
    I got 4 bags there is 22 figures in this set so yeah I forsee now it's like the Halloween set it's going to take me years to finish

Ha e you looked at the feel guides on Brothers Brick? That may help your search.

I was thinking. Does the Harry potter blind bag set have a chase rare?

When blind bag sets dont, they usually have a very even distribution. Always at least 3 of each and rarely more than 5 of a single gig.

Wondering if like 3 people just went in on a box together could that be a benefit

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Yes. There is one figure that is one per case. It's the villain from Fantastic Beasts, I really hope they stop doing that.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    Ken O wrote: »
    Yes. There is one figure that is one per case. It's the villain from Fantastic Beasts, I really hope they stop doing that.

Dang, Ya Ninjago bags had stopped the chase rare so was hoping that was a trend for the future.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular

It is highly variable, some themes are worth more than others. Old Star Wars kits tend to hold value very well, for example. I had to sell off my collection when I moved to the US, and I found that Technic kits, Star Wars and Monster Fighters sold the best, while there wasn't much interest in Exploriens or Spyrius.

No clue what a lot of those are, but I am actually in the process of listing all my old stuff. I have 100% of the old western town + small boxes of stuff. I have 1-2 of the larger Knights sets plus small stuff. I have the pirate skull island set and tons more (100% and not). I plan to put up 4 listings tonight actually that I am working on as I speak. Western lot, Adventurers lot, Knights lot and the original Guardians Milano (unopened).

I hit a point where I could list certain things individually to maybe get more, but honestly I am over Legos after literally putting all of my sets together the past few weeks to see what is missing, what is complete, etc. So, bundles for genres it is. I'm hoping to get $700-1,000 for all of those sets combined. I still have other 100% complete things to list and then on to things not complete (pirates stuff, police station, some knights/robin hood kind of stuff, and a listing of just pieces and stuff.

I'm basically thinking this pays off the second half of me ordering new PC parts. I feel like Legos will go fast.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    City Dock arrived yesterday and I just finished building it. It is great! Looks good on the right side of the City set but just seemed perfectly designed for the left. That puts the Arcade right next to the Comic Book Shop. I really hope they do more of these.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018

On the plus side I don't want that character so I like that my chances of getting him are low.

Magell on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

On the plus side I don't want that character so I like that my chances of getting him are low.

i got him with a random pull of 6 packs so i out of 12 packs i have 10 of the 22 still my brother wants dobby so i can continue to randomly pull or fondle looking for others or cave and buy a box selling the extras inthe future

• Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    Another question for the folks that have been buying/building for a long time: do you often deconstruct and pack up or store bigger sets? Voltron is awesome, but not sure I have space to leave it assembled. Considering getting a few small plastic or Tupperware containers for each segment, to keep each instruction book worth of pieces together. Valid idea/any other suggestions?

Lou29 wrote: »
    Another question for the folks that have been buying/building for a long time: do you often deconstruct and pack up or store bigger sets? Voltron is awesome, but not sure I have space to leave it assembled. Considering getting a few small plastic or Tupperware containers for each segment, to keep each instruction book worth of pieces together. Valid idea/any other suggestions?

I've got two types of storage. My really old bricks from when I was a kid and didn't keep the boxes. They are essentially all in a big bankers box, might be in some large ziploc bags, but it's been a while since I've looked so I don't remember. The newer stuff goes back in the original box, broken up enough to fit but not much beyond that. If I ever had to condense it all down and get rid of the boxes I'd probably get a bunch of large ziploc bags to portion the sets out into and put them in a big plastic tub or three. I'm not looking forward to the next time I have to move.

steam_sig.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So...I promised not to build any more Lego sets until the living room was unpacked at the new apartment. I didn't say I wasn't going to buy any new Lego sets. The Joker Cadillac from Lego Batman for $21 was too much temptation.

So...I promised not to build any more Lego sets until the living room was unpacked at the new apartment. I didn't say I wasn't going to buy any new Lego sets. The Joker Cadillac from Lego Batman for $21 was too much temptation.

The purple one? That is a great build. Won't spoil but has interesting stuff on it I hadn't seen them do in other builds.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular

The purple one? That is a great build. Won't spoil but has interesting stuff on it I hadn't seen them do in other builds.

Yup, that's the one. I'm working from home tomorrow so I'm going to work like crazy to get the living room finished. I have that and the Creator Sunshine Surf van waiting to be built.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Finished Destiny's Bounty this weekend. Great set with some clever engineering. Kids love it.

Most likely I'll eventually display it in my office along with Trypticon looming over it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697

Yup, that's the one. I'm working from home tomorrow so I'm going to work like crazy to get the living room finished. I have that and the Creator Sunshine Surf van waiting to be built.

Sunshine Surf one I waiting to get myself (one of 3 campers they have atm. I have the other 2 heh)

So who's buying the HP Castle today?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    So who's buying the HP Castle today?

Don’t tempt me Frodo.

It would look so impressive next to a Disney Castle and Millennium Falcon.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    It would look so impressive next to anything.

camo_sig.png
    I am taking a pass on the castle, but my SO says that it looked neat and they were big into Harry Potter so there is a slim chance it may make its way into the house.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2018
    Daimar wrote: »
    I am taking a pass on the castle, but my SO says that it looked neat and they were big into Harry Potter so there is a slim chance it may make its way into the house.

This is where you work on your arguments for why the Ninjago City would look good next to your SO's HP Castle

edit: and then your City can connect to the Castle via both the Docks you get, and the Train you get to go with it!

edit2: yes I'm a monster

WiseManTobes on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    My daughter wants the castle.

I think she’ll have to settle for a handful of HP minifigs.

@Ken O

I was rearranging some figs on the shelf, and remembered these
    6rdm3zmluwlq.jpg

All are from the current Ninjago blind bags ( I know that's a teddy bear , but she's mostly there cause omg how cool is that fig and it's also in the Ninjago bags)

But the Lanternfish and Octopus helms especially. they are a nice rubber, have a peg point inside, and stand on their own as well
    skn8bdmbzsgx.jpg

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Thanks for the heads up! Literally! I for sure need to grab some of those. My son had one of each, but I need to get some of my own.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Ok, just picked up 4 Unikitty blind bags for the girls, and while I understand these bags are pretty much a crapshoot, this is friggin’ weird..
    g2t2kgckcr82.jpeg

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Looks like somebody needs to build themselves a Cloning Facility diorama.

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.