As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] Accumulate4Akstar 2019! Or maybe the next limited 7? Ah, let's do the trials!

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Man, they are really pushing to have all the espers 3 starred as soon as possible.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Already almost out of unit space again. I think it's all the 3*'s I got from the A.Rain pulling and the FP moogle summon. With merging I figured I'd save all the TMR'd ones, but that means for each one I'm pretty much using 2 slots. I guess I could merge some more LB burst pots, but even with all of them I'd only get 15-20 more spots.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Man, they are really pushing to have all the espers 3 starred as soon as possible.

Yeah and our method of getting Supercite sucks. I tried the new Green and Black dungeon last night to get the lapis and waste some NRG. Not a single supercite. I've done all the Pro dungeons at least once to get the missions and I've not seen a single Supercite drop. For 35 NRG, that is horsesh%&. There should be a guaranteed drop for that cost even if it's just 1.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    TipharesTiphares Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Can supercites even drop from the Chamber - even as a rare drop? I thought you could only get them from Expeditions.

Tiphares on
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Tiphares wrote: »
    Can supercites even drop from the Chamber - even as a rare drop? I thought you could only get them from Expeditions.
    Dunno, I’ve not seen any, but I’ve “only” run them a half dozen times

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    At this point with the number of supercites needed to even cap one, I almost feel the overall exp points of the various 'cites need to be increased if they are going to just give 2-5 per expedition. Make the magacites give more, etc. Right now when you start hitting level 10 on 3* anything under a supercite gives really diminished returns. You need hundreds to even move the bar a bit once you start hitting level 21+.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I've got 1 or 2 in a few dozen runs, but they are incredibly rare. I think the first week or two they launched them I ran it a bunch and saw 1.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    *Sigh* Just a few days ago I used my entire stack of green and black cites on Lakshmi. I had hundreds upon hundreds of the mediums and nearly a thousand of the little ones. I had nearly 50 of the supercites.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    *Sigh* Just a few days ago I used my entire stack of green and black cites on Lakshmi. I had hundreds upon hundreds of the mediums and nearly a thousand of the little ones. I had nearly 50 of the supercites.
    I was about to do the same but got busy and didn’t get around to it. Yay for distractions?

I really wasn’t expecting sylphid yet

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I still haven't unlocked all of the original espers, so yay?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

Me either, I never got Bahamut. Leviathan and Phoenix are still 1 starred.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsmvengy wrote: »

Me either, I never got Bahamut. Leviathan and Phoenix are still 1 starred.
    Every time I put a team together to start on Bahamut, something else more pressing comes up.

• Options
    I have Siren, Shiva, and Ifrit...

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular

Should at least get 2 more so your party has 5 of them.

• Options
    DK_AzraelDK_Azrael Registered User regular
    I'm completely caught up on story and I'm still completely missing Carbuncle, Titan, Fenrir, and Phoenix. Leviathan is still 1*, and I still need to 3* Lakshmi. I have a lot of esper work to do lol.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Bahamut has been so powercrept. Bring a breaker and (magic) chainer pair; finish with Garnet or any strong (magic) finisher. Bring a Shylt/Mystea/Basch/Awakened Rain/Chow to survive the Megaflare, for if you fail to kill him on turn 1. Maybe bring an imperiler if you're doing elemental damage.

You have to understand, Bahamut was tricky but easy when he was released. And that was 2 months before we got magic tanks. Now, basically any magic tank + decent mag break should allow you to survive indefinitely.

[edit] Also, keep in mind that you can farm LB and esper orbs before fighting Bahamut, which means you can go into the fight with Rikku's LB gauge full. That's a free turn right there if you don't have a magic tank. He's easy, is my point.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Yeah I will probably do Bahamut and the other 3* I don't have when the next 1/2 NRG event comes up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I only just realized I didn't have Titan. Oops..

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I think I'm going to finally go and tackle Tegmine. Any suggestions for him? I've read some strategies that recommend trying to OTKO him on the last phase at 39%. Otherwise, you have to deal with a lot of attacks, breaks, and crap.

• Options
    Cirira wrote: »

Should at least get 2 more so your party has 5 of them.

I haven't been avoiding collecting more, just hadn't thought about it. And its not like I'm likely to accidentally stumble on the quest for one.

Also, just cleared a couple of the Nemesis Trials, I think the first 4? So now I have a significantly better MAG weapon, so thats nice. Also tried the robot one, but I keep forgetting to install FRep when I'm at home, and I missed the Olive's finisher (I assume it has to land right at the end of the chain, and can't be a second or two after?).

• Options
    The whole point of a finisher is to add a hit to the chain, thereby taking advantage of the multiplier the chain has built up. And because a finisher only does a single hit (or two, if it's using DW), that entire damage gets multiplied by 4. The chainer, on the other hand, won't get the 4x multiplier because part of the chain is used to build up the multiplier. It'll be, I don't know, 3x or something. It differs.

The finisher hit needs to land after the chain has reached its highest multiplier and before the chain ends. A normal chain without matching elements will need 30 hits to reach 4x multiplier. A spark chain needs 12 hits, but that requires macro-level precision to pull off consistently. A chain with matching elements needs 10 hits.

Divine Ruination, the most accessible chaining ability, does 7 hits. Using DW, it does 14 hits. Two chainers means 28 hits. The chain starts counting at the second hit, so a properly chained DR chain will show a 27 right at the end. So, if you're using the same element on both chainers, you'll want to land your finisher between hit 10 and 27; in other words, on the second half of the chain. You can tell if the finisher was part of the chain by looking at the number. Because the finisher hit adds to the chain, the chain will reach 28 instead of 27. 29 if your finisher is using DW.

What I usually do is, I start with a longer timing, with the hit landing outside of the chain, and I slowly shorten the timing until I get 28 or 29 hits. I use macros to do this. I just edit the time between clicks by units of 200 ms until I get the right timing. Most people do it without assistance, but I'm terrible at anything that requires rhythm or timing.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll get any news before maintenance. I kinda doubt it at this point. Love having to wait until the data-mine to get the news we should have had days ago.

• Options
    Yeah, I just don't have Olive myself, so I can't take her in over an over in an attempt to find the sweet spot. I've been using VD/Reagan with the DR chain, or Rinoa/Shantoto dualcasting Tornado to generate my chains.

• Options
    The whole point of a finisher is to add a hit to the chain, thereby taking advantage of the multiplier the chain has built up. And because a finisher only does a single hit (or two, if it's using DW), that entire damage gets multiplied by 4. The chainer, on the other hand, won't get the 4x multiplier because part of the chain is used to build up the multiplier. It'll be, I don't know, 3x or something. It differs.

The finisher hit needs to land after the chain has reached its highest multiplier and before the chain ends. A normal chain without matching elements will need 30 hits to reach 4x multiplier. A spark chain needs 12 hits, but that requires macro-level precision to pull off consistently. A chain with matching elements needs 10 hits.

Divine Ruination, the most accessible chaining ability, does 7 hits. Using DW, it does 14 hits. Two chainers means 28 hits. The chain starts counting at the second hit, so a properly chained DR chain will show a 27 right at the end. So, if you're using the same element on both chainers, you'll want to land your finisher between hit 10 and 27; in other words, on the second half of the chain. You can tell if the finisher was part of the chain by looking at the number. Because the finisher hit adds to the chain, the chain will reach 28 instead of 27. 29 if your finisher is using DW.

What I usually do is, I start with a longer timing, with the hit landing outside of the chain, and I slowly shorten the timing until I get 28 or 29 hits. I use macros to do this. I just edit the time between clicks by units of 200 ms until I get the right timing. Most people do it without assistance, but I'm terrible at anything that requires rhythm or timing.

Two Angs spark chain perfectly every single round. :rotate:

• Options
    Yeah, I just don't have Olive myself, so I can't take her in over an over in an attempt to find the sweet spot. I've been using VD/Reagan with the DR chain, or Rinoa/Shantoto dualcasting Tornado to generate my chains.

Tornado chains are great because they give you a really big window to cap with your finisher. DR chains are great but have a much less forgiving window in which you need your finisher to land their hit.

• Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Look at me, I'm Shadowfire and I have an Ang and a rolling face emoji. Some of us don't know how to use emojis!

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Tornado chains are great because they give you a really big window to cap with your finisher. DR chains are great but have a much less forgiving window in which you need your finisher to land their hit.

The good news is that you can exit out of the game and come back in if the chain screws up.

Can you still put the game in airplane mode and have that prevent it from moving forward? So you put the game in airplane mode, go all out with your characters... If it doesn't kill him then you can exit the game, disable airplane mode, and reload the app?

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »

The good news is that you can exit out of the game and come back in if the chain screws up.

Can you still put the game in airplane mode and have that prevent it from moving forward? So you put the game in airplane mode, go all out with your characters... If it doesn't kill him then you can exit the game, disable airplane mode, and reload the app?

That seems like a lot of effort. Honestly, thats the one thing I really don't care for with this game (the dexterity aspect). Luckily, for story mode stuff, I've been able to blow through any and all quests up until this point.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Are you Android? Turn on triple tap to magnify. Watch the chains fly effortlessly.

And you dont need to worry about turning it off. It only really negatively affects other mobile games

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    It slows phone response times to shit.

• Options
    Reigner wrote: »
    Are you Android? Turn on triple tap to magnify. Watch the chains fly effortlessly.

And you dont need to worry about turning it off. It only really negatively affects other mobile games

I couldn't find Triple Tap. Also, that still doesnt quite solve the "how long between pressing Apoc/ w/e and using the chains" question/problem.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

That seems like a lot of effort. Honestly, thats the one thing I really don't care for with this game (the dexterity aspect). Luckily, for story mode stuff, I've been able to blow through any and all quests up until this point.

Just giving you options so you can practice your dexterity.

• Options
    edited August 2018

I couldn't find Triple Tap. Also, that still doesnt quite solve the "how long between pressing Apoc/ w/e and using the chains" question/problem.

Touch Zoom should be under General, Accessibility, Vision in the Android settings menu. As far as capping chains with olive, for pretty much anything you're going to start Olive first, her animations are pretty long. For DR chains, do almost a full one count before I start the chain, Tornado is about the same, for quake, you can generally get away with starting the chain right after starting Olive's animation. it takes a little practice but it's not too hard to get a feel for.

DK_Azrael on
  • Options
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Look at me, I'm Shadowfire and I have an Ang and a rolling face emoji. Some of us don't know how to use emojis!

Honestly though, Ang doesn't get a lot of use these days. Most of my Ang friends went away, I think I have one left?

• Options
    Bahamut has been so powercrept. Bring a breaker and (magic) chainer pair; finish with Garnet or any strong (magic) finisher. Bring a Shylt/Mystea/Basch/Awakened Rain/Chow to survive the Megaflare, for if you fail to kill him on turn 1. Maybe bring an imperiler if you're doing elemental damage.

You have to understand, Bahamut was tricky but easy when he was released. And that was 2 months before we got magic tanks. Now, basically any magic tank + decent mag break should allow you to survive indefinitely.

[edit] Also, keep in mind that you can farm LB and esper orbs before fighting Bahamut, which means you can go into the fight with Rikku's LB gauge full. That's a free turn right there if you don't have a magic tank. He's easy, is my point.
    Right, but I haven’t even started the explorations yet.

• Options
    DK_Azrael wrote: »

Touch Zoom should be under General, Accessibility, Vision in the Android settings menu. As far as capping chains with olive, for pretty much anything you're going to start Olive first, her animations are pretty long. For DR chains, do almost a full one count before I start the chain, Tornado is about the same, for quake, you can generally get away with starting the chain right after starting Olive's animation. it takes a little practice but it's not too hard to get a feel for.

And to be clear, with Olive, I should be capping with her suicide attack, right?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh they have targeted cryst stages now in the cryst events now? That's neat.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    So hey, seeing as how new Diabolos has AoE stop attacks I'm really glad I enhanced Zargs. His buffing move also gives 100% Stop resist in addition to its other benefits. Neat.

• Options
    DK_Azrael wrote: »

And to be clear, with Olive, I should be capping with her suicide attack, right?

At this point yeah, Immolation Blast is her best capping move, but I listed those timings thinking about True Shot, Immolation Blast has a much longer animation (240 vs 100 frames) so the delay is longer, I can experiment with it later and try to give you a better idea, though, again, it shouldn't be too hard to get down.

• Options
    Tegmine down. Dark chaining 7* Oldman and Seph tore through the last 2 phases. Probably could have gone quicker if I had put killers on them. I messed up a mission on the Easy mode. How do you access it again? I only see Hard mode.

This discussion has been closed.