As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DOTA 2] The MOBA.

• Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    This BotTI thing that BTS is doing is actually pretty fun. Watching 5 Phoenixes vs 5 Specters was pretty interesting.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I didn't watch but that sounds like the Phoenixes each buy necrobook and take a rax at 15.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    I didn't watch but that sounds like the Phoenixes each buy necrobook and take a rax at 15.

It's more of a 5v5 arena situation. It's best 2 out of 3 with the easy bot AI fighting itself. Round 1 is level 5 heroes with branches, Round 2 is level 15 heroes with mid-tier items, Round 3 is 6-slotted level 25.

The Easy bot AI with phoenix has aghs for rounds 2 and 3, and they stagger their eggs weirdly well.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    Is he doing TI again?

Unsure, I think he might be. He hasn't mentioned it yet.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    After a very long break, I played some dota yesterday. Friday the 13th really is unlucky.

Also, you'd think that people might get slightly less mad in unranked, but that does not appear to be the case.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Just played a game as the 1 in a 4+1 v 5 stack

The game was decided by an Underlord ulti rat play. We lost. I'm not even mad. It's never a bad thing when the game goes full DotA.

Also, anyone up for some games this weekend?

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »
    Just played a game as the 1 in a 4+1 v 5 stack

The game was decided by an Underlord ulti rat play. We lost. I'm not even mad. It's never a bad thing when the game goes full DotA.

Also, anyone up for some games this weekend?

Feel you. Played against underlord/chen/NP in a ranked game a few days ago.

Full rat

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    TI8 next week, my droogs. And it looks like everyone will be there.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Get your predictions in!

Hyyyppppeeee.

I am getting zero work done the second half of this month.

• Options
    They really need to do something about tower health in turbo. It's just to easy to rat with certain heroes that can melt a tower before a TP can even make it at 10 min

• Options
    5 minutes!

• Options
    edited August 2018
    34-1 fnatic over liquid. Lol

edit: 39

VishNub on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Google has a live update table for The International similar to sports tournaments. eSports has taken over boys.

• Options
    some pretty bad stream issues on day 1. Hopefully they'll get that sorted.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    some pretty bad stream issues on day 1. Hopefully they'll get that sorted.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PoorPlayfulKangarooTinyFace

Multi million dollar esport tournament, defeated by one plug.

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    OP TIC OP TIC OP TIC!

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I figure my first playthrough will be opted out of the invasion system, though I could see myself dabbling in invading other people's games for variety, and then give it a whirl opted in on a replay.

Hrm, I have a book and game piece painting backlog about six months long at this point, but I really should schedule a weekend to go back through DOOM 2016 again sometime before Eternal comes out.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    I figure my first playthrough will be opted out of the invasion system, though I could see myself dabbling in invading other people's games for variety, and then give it a whirl opted in on a replay.

Hrm, I have a book and game piece painting backlog about six months long at this point, but I really should schedule a weekend to go back through DOOM 2016 again sometime before Eternal comes out.

You may be in the wrong thread my dude.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Nope, just in two at the same time. Been a while since that happened!

Damnit, forgot to buy the battlepass back when I intended to, but snagged it late anyway to get the perks that are still on offer.

I barely play this game, but give me a couple dozen bits of gear and I'll happily play dressup for an hour or two.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Forar wrote: »
    Nope, just in two at the same time. Been a while since that happened!

Damnit, forgot to buy the battlepass back when I intended to, but snagged it late anyway to get the perks that are still on offer.

I barely play this game, but give me a couple dozen bits of gear and I'll happily play dressup for an hour or two.

So close to the level 255 Lion thing.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    When is a good point to jump into unranked matches?

I've familiarized myself with a few heroes (2 carries and a support) with bot matches. I understand generally the flow of a game but I'm still not great at reacting quickly to situations on the map.

Am I just going to get yelled at in unranked? Should I grind out bot matches until I can play more than 3 heroes?

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    Hoo boy Valve. Are you kidding?

• Options
    El Mucho wrote: »

I've familiarized myself with a few heroes (2 carries and a support) with bot matches. I understand generally the flow of a game but I'm still not great at reacting quickly to situations on the map.

Am I just going to get yelled at in unranked? Should I grind out bot matches until I can play more than 3 heroes?

Dota players are assholes, they're gonna yell no matter what you do. Just be ready to mute people. Matchmaking is supposed to pair you up with other new players, though.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Peewi wrote: »
    El Mucho wrote: »

Dota players are assholes, they're gonna yell no matter what you do. Just be ready to mute people. Matchmaking is supposed to pair you up with other new players, though.

100% this. You are going to get yelled at regardless of how many matches you play. 50% of dota is dealing with the toxic players.

Disco11 on
  • Options
    Absalon wrote: »

What happend? I'm at work

• Options
    Disco11 wrote: »

The TI streams keep going down and there have been a bunch of audio issues.

I'm watching in-game and it's kind of choppy, though it did at least have commentators for the game where the stream was having problems.

• Options
    edited August 2018

A minute or three of downtime plus one of the Twitch streams had a deafening audio glitch.

Edit: And down again.

Absalon on
  • Options

A minute or three of downtime plus one of the Twitch streams had a deafening audio glitch.

Edit: And down again.

It’s been up and down and audio issues all day.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    This OG v Liquid has 15-15 in kills before 13 minutes in.

18-20 before 16 minutes. 23-25 by 20 minutes! Full turbo mode.

Absalon on
  • Options
    The Fnatic vs Mineski game 1 was, well, it was.

• Options
    Dac Vin wrote: »

At work and missed it :(

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited August 2018

I feel like that sums up nearly any Fanatic game -it's gotten so bad that the casters regularly joke about the way fanatic wins this is game is give up two sets of racks.

So far the meta has been really interesting. Wisp is suddenly no longer must ban. Brood and Wraith King seem like they might take Wisp's place. (Seriously...Wraith King?) I've yet to see any teams having trouble falling back on the old reliable Naga strats either, which is a first for TI.....though we still have a long way to go.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    Dark_Side wrote: »

I feel like that sums up nearly any Fanatic game -it's gotten so bad that the casters regularly joke about the way fanatic wins this is game is give up two sets of racks.

So far the meta has been really interesting. Wisp is suddenly no longer must ban. Brood and Wraith King seem like they might take Wisp's place. (Seriously...Wraith King?) I've yet to see any teams having trouble falling back on the old reliable Naga strats either, which is a first for TI.....though we still have a long way to go.

Game 2 just had puck chosen.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    wraith king is in a decent place. is he getting picked as a support or carry? I feel like he is sort of the same spot as vs. give him some farm and he can carry but he can also support pretty well especially with a push lineup. nice stun, vamp aura, skeletons.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    wraith king is in a decent place. is he getting picked as a support or carry? I feel like he is sort of the same spot as vs. give him some farm and he can carry but he can also support pretty well especially with a push lineup. nice stun, vamp aura, skeletons.

Both. It's flexible, so it's first pick a lot.

• Options
    mts wrote: »

Atos is a pretty good item on him as a support. Helps his early mana problems

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    He's been played a lot as offlane. Blink, blademail, radiance in some order. It's a good spot for him, he's tanky and hard to kill, and if he gets an early kill or level advantage, he doesn't need a support to babysit him

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    NA looking good. EG are playing sooooooo much better than a couple months ago.

• Options
    And then they get dumpstered by liquid.

Still, it seems like eg,liquid, VP, vgj.s, and lgd are a step ahead coming out of groups.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Optic crumbling hard surpises me and makes me a bit sad. At least OG recovered a bit and might even make upper bracket if they pull off 2-0 against winstrike.

And liquid looking good is exciting as well, them finding their form again for TI makes it all much more exciting.