As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Movie of the year!

12346»

• Options
    SteeleSteele Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    comedy: hot rod
    action: hmm, no country for old men probably
    animated: ratatouille

Steele on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Death at a Funeral was a comedic black hole. I can't believe someone actually likes it. It's the British equivalent of a fucking Pauly Shore movie.

There doesn't need to be a British equivalent. Suck is a universal language.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, uh... Cherrn.

Servers acting up for you, too, eh?

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Damn, you really hated Death at a Funeral, huh?

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    whitey9whitey9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I saw Walk Hard today, and.. meh. Jenna Fisher is totally adorable in that movie, and everybody does a decent job, but for the most part, it's just not very funny. Oh well.

whitey9 on
    llcoolwhitey.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    haha, there is some wonderful multi-posting going on in the PA forums today.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    theparttimetheparttime Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    anybody who blasts a mixed review movie or somebody who enjoyed a split liked movie just comes off as an ass to me. its your opinion and there is nothing wrong with people enjoying a movie you didn't like.

oh and isla fisher is hot. the lookout was a good movie but not movie of the year.

theparttime on
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, uh... Cherrn.

Servers acting up for you, too, eh?

At least I got the point across! :D

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hot Fuzz gets my vote. :P

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    anybody who blasts a mixed review movie or somebody who enjoyed a split liked movie just comes off as an ass to me. its your opinion and there is nothing wrong with people enjoying a movie you didn't like.

oh and isla fisher is hot. the lookout was a good movie but not movie of the year.

So if your opinion doesn't agree with everyone else's then you should remain silent, or else you are an asshole?

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    PlutocracyPlutocracy regular
    edited December 2007
    jeepguy wrote: »

So if your opinion doesn't agree with everyone else's then you should remain silent, or else you are an asshole?

I think you misunderstand the point he is trying, badly, to put across. Not that disagreement is necessarily a bad thing but that you get idiots who make posts like:

"moderately funny romcom was hilarious and if you disagree you should die in a pit of chocolate radish juice lololooo!11".

So SE++ basically.

Plutocracy on
    They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Plutocracy wrote: »
    jeepguy wrote: »

I think you misunderstand the point he is trying, badly, to put across. Not that disagreement is necessarily a bad thing but that you get idiots who make posts like:

"moderately funny romcom was hilarious and if you disagree you should die in a pit of chocolate radish juice lololooo!11".

So SE++ basically.

At the same time, it's really hard to listen to people blasting Martin Scorsese, the Cohen Brothers, yes, even Tim Burton, while claiming the best movie of the year was Bring it On Again 2: Bring it On Againer.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The worst movie I've seen this year has got to be RE: Extinction. I've always hated those movies and I really don't know what was wrong with me when I said 'sure' after someone asked me if I wanted to go.

It wanted to gouge my brain out with a fork.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The worst movie I've seen this year has got to be RE: Extinction. I've always hated those movies and I really don't know what was wrong with me when I said 'sure' after someone asked me if I wanted to go.

It wanted to gouge my brain out with a fork.

I saw the second one on HBO. When the main protagonist started kung-fu fighting the Nemesis monster, I was through with Resident Evil.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Actually I never saw the second one, I had so much hate for the first one that I had a little extra to give to the second.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    MattieMattie Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Best Comedy: Tie between Superbad and Ghost Rider
    Best Action: Die Hard 4
    Best Animated: Rat cook movie
    Best Thriller/Drama/Other: No Country For Old Men
    Best Movie: Die Hard 4

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Die Hard 4 bored me to death, what was the deal with that movie? The villian's motives made no sense at all, there hardly any gunplay it was just Bruce Willis doing OTT stunts that were spoiled in the trailer and Mclane comes across as a typical washed up cop. Did I watch a different version or something?

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Its Die Hard and the Die Hard movies are the greatest things ever put to film.

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Die Hard 1 maybe. Maybe.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Die Hard 1 maybe. Maybe.

Watch them all again.

Then do it again.

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
  • Options
    NarianNarian Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Die Hard 4 bored me to death, what was the deal with that movie? The villian's motives made no sense at all, there hardly any gunplay it was just Bruce Willis doing OTT stunts that were spoiled in the trailer and Mclane comes across as a typical washed up cop. Did I watch a different version or something?

Bad guy's motives didn't make sense?

You don't make sense.

Narian on
    Narian.gif
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Mattie wrote: »
    Its Die Hard and the Die Hard movies are the greatest things ever put to film.

I've always hoped someone would say this in a movie thread just so I could quote and lime the fuck out of it.

Doodmann on
    Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    whitey9whitey9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Die Hard 1 is good, but it didn't age super well. Die Hard 3 is still the best in the series. 2 was a misstep and 4 was overreaching ridiculous miss the mark nonsense. I think.

whitey9 on
    llcoolwhitey.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    whitey9 wrote: »
    Die Hard 1 is good, but it didn't age super well. Die Hard 3 is still the best in the series. 2 was a misstep and 4 was overreaching ridiculous miss the mark nonsense. I think.

Die Hard 1 is fuckin flawless. The only thing that could possibly age it is the Fabio hairdos on some of the bad guys. I agree that #2 wasn't the best Die Hard but it was still a fantastic action movie and better than 90% of the other shit out there.

If a Die Hard was released, it wins Movie of the Year for that year in my book.

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884