As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    They put that in fast. Didn't JP have a bit of a gap where they couldn't get those shells after summer?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Lancelot's sprite definitely looks better with the cape

Without it he ends up looking kind of weird and gangly

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    https://imgur.com/a/5XArvmG#R5HeI3d

Some translations of some of the 3rd Anniv CEs

Carmilla so good

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Rider daily is very nice on 1/2 AP. Farming up those blue/red gems with occasional fangs. Spent yesterday doing the dragon island in Okeanos instead of Berserker daily because I have so many gems of that class that it's not necessary. One more fang and I think I ought to be able to take Archtoria's 1 to max rank? Maybe?

Post NA Summer progress report

FDttNkpl.png

Everyone else still WIP, running out of QP...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    By the way for anyone who doesn't know yet, Unlimited Blade Works Abridged Episode 3 is out now and it's pretty amazing.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Post NA Summer progress report

--snip--

Everyone else still WIP, running out of QP...

I'm finally getting around to working on Martha. She's not even fully ascended yet, but I'll be taking her to 90 eventually. Today I took her skills to 10/6/6, and I'll probably take them all to 10 as soon as I get the few gems that I'm missing.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Up to 4/4/7 with Ozy and I ran face first into the chain wall

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Ascending all these summer servants is going to take a while. How long do I ha e before something else demands embers?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ascending all these summer servants is going to take a while. How long do I ha e before something else demands embers?
    Ilya event in a week or so with Welfare Chloe.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Oh god, I am actually out of QP! I'm down to 12mil. I have mats and I can't use them!

GIVE ME A LOTTERY EVENT!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Ilya event in a week or so with Welfare Chloe.

She also requires being ascended a couple times for quests and has a damage bonus inside the event itself.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Wellfare chloe?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    edited August 2018
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Wellfare chloe?

Best 4* Archer in the game. Comes with the next event if you complete her quests and grind her shop materials. Also called Kuro.

She's Emiya+++, but Single Target NP.

Prisma Illya colab character. She's basically Illya Alter, and transformed into an Archer class via the series' version of Clow Cards.

vagrant_winds on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Wellfare chloe?

Best 4* Archer in the game. Comes with the next event if you complete her quests and grind her shop materials. Also called Kuro.

And has art on Jack tier, so... yeah.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I've decided to make an effort to max ascend all of my gold servants

It's gonna take a while

Kinda wish I had started earlier

It's gonna take a while

Eh, some of them aren't very good at their jobs and you can econ if you want. You still have to raise skills to get them useful, too...

XNnw6Gk.jpg

It's gonna take a while

Eh, some of them aren't very good at their jobs and you can econ if you want. You still have to raise skills to get them useful, too...

I've gotten plenty of use out of a lot of different servants on my JP account with their skills no higher than 4. Personally, I think it's worth it to level all gold servants to max, with a few minor exceptions (which would still be worth it if they are in a class you are weak on, or if you like the character).

There's no way in hell I can level all my Gold Servants to max. I am not made of materials and QP.

My gold is everyone Ascension 1 and Bond 5. Then 5* to max. Then select good 4* and under to max (a sizable number, but not even close to all). Maybe one day I'll get all my 4*s maxed, but I don't see it for a long time.

I've got all my gold servants at max level (working on some recent additions, but they'll eventually get there), with the exception of Irisveil because I can't imagine ever using her (especially given that I have Medea Lily). All of my servants are at bond 5 (again, working on newcomers), with everyone having at least 1 ascension, and more if necessary for the sake of interludes (like Jekyll, for example).

I never bothered with anything close to that on my JP account, but being able to do all the interludes I can is the top priority for me in the english version.

edited August 2018
    So far I have 4 maxed 3*s (Ceasar, David. Boudica, and Media). 2 maxed 2*s (Georgious & Hans), and 3 maxed 1*s (Arash, Mozart, & Regend). There's some others I'm slowly working on. Euryale, Paracelsus, and Asterios are almost there.

Cu's a secret 5* that's also maxed.

vagrant_winds on
    So far I have 4 maxed 3*s (Ceasar, David. Boudica, and Media). 2 maxed 2*s (Georgious & Hans), and 3 maxed 1*s (Arash, Mozart, & Regend). There's some others I'm slowly working on. Euryale, Paracelsus, and Asterios are almost there.

The only silver/bronze servants that I've leveled to max on my NA account are Arash, Babbage, Proto Cu, Fergus, Medea, and Ushi. I feel kinda bad about leaving out a bunch of others (especially Robin Hood, obviously), but I'm just trying to avoid duplication with my JP account.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

It's gonna take a while

Oh, I know

And I don't actually intend to use most of them

I just feel guilty every time I look at them

The only silver/bronze servants that I've leveled to max on my NA account are Arash, Babbage, Proto Cu, Fergus, Medea, and Ushi. I feel kinda bad about leaving out a bunch of others (especially Robin Hood, obviously), but I'm just trying to avoid duplication with my JP account.

I'm only raising the 1-3 Stars I actually use or will use, even if just backline.

George and Boudica have gotten a lot of use from me. Mozart just got up so I'll probably start using him more, after/if I level his skills. Limited on Caster gems though, with higher priorities.

I want to work on Hans, but pages

Maddoc wrote: »
    I want to work on Hans, but pages

Since I got Caster Marie I'm gonna work on her instead over him, probably. With Mozart and Boudica continuing to fill the 'budget support' role.

I can't see any support working with Saber Lancelot (Support sadly) and Li Shuwen (if I had more Grails this guy would get 2 easily) more than Caster Marie. Just not sure who the best 3rd for them is between Archer Artoria, Waver, and Tamamo (Caster).

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Wellfare chloe?

Prisma Illya colab character. She's basically Illya Alter, and transformed into an Archer class via the series' version of Clow Cards.

But I just got Archer Anne :(. I don't think I need any more archers at this point with her and the 3 star dude I have.

Mehhhh. I need a saber and a caster who don't suck.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    More like if I hadn't spent 4 Grails on Cu and didn't have 3 single target lvl90 Lancers already, Li would be Grailed already. Dude is ridiculously good, Arts/Crit, and I have him at NP4.

Shishou is probably my least used leveled Lancer. I keep using Bryn (hits almost as hard, better crit support), Cu (immortal), and Li (unavoidable damage and crits) way more often.

And I have none of the AoE ones, unless you count Liz (I don't).

Wellfare chloe?

But I just got Archer Anne :(. I don't think I need any more archers at this point with her and the 3 star dude I have.

Don't feel the need to use Chloe if you're already good on archers or plain don't like her. It's just awkward that there are some missions to ascend her, which is a bit wasteful if you don't wind up taking her to max.

Wellfare chloe?

It's fine! Archer Anne is a gimicky, but strong, Buster Archer. Kuro is an Arts archer.

Anne will burst harder. Kuro will get multiple NPs off of lesser value.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I'm throwing all my exp into the void that is level 100 Emiya. He's sitting around 98.7 right now which is kinda annoying.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    ph blake wrote: »
    I'm throwing all my exp into the void that is level 100 Emiya. He's sitting around 98.7 right now which is kinda annoying.

I respect your dedication to Actually Satan.

I haaaaaaaate that I'm going to have to spend 100ish gold embers on Chloe, who I do not like

Worth it for the lore, I guess.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Oh wait, I haven't bought embers from the shop this month.

Cool, one super succ later and he's at 100, max fou'd, NP5, and, uh, 4/10/4 skills...

Damn it I'm out of red archer gems. No, I don't know why I focused on his (currently) worst skill first. Well, at least it's ready for his next strengthening.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I haven't ascended many of the welfares (just Nobu and Shiki), but I'm definitely going to max level Summer Sca

She's my only gold AoE Assassin, and her Noble Phantasm animation is so cool

Much cooler than regular Sca's, I think

At least I was productive with Rider day.

My Ozy will be 6/10/6 as soon as I have the EXP and QP to take him to 90... Which might be a bit. The other two skills hit the Chain Wall.

Thankfully the Summer farm nodes dropped enough chains for him to at least max his best skill

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Oh wait, I haven't bought embers from the shop this month.

Cool, one super succ later and he's at 100, max fou'd, NP5, and, uh, 4/10/4 skills...

Damn it I'm out of red archer gems. No, I don't know why I focused on his (currently) worst skill first. Well, at least it's ready for his next strengthening.

Hey, at least the training grounds are cheap right now.

edited August 2018
    WARNING!

If anyone was planning on buying any Fate/Grand Order Duel... Don't. Not unless you just want to buy packs for the figures.

The "English" release of the card/board game is 100% untranslated and just all in Japanese. There's English how to play the 'simplified version only' rules on the official site, but no translations for all the Japanese status and skill cards or how to play the actual game.

So yeah, only buy if you want to IRL Gacha the figures. Buying to actually play the game in English is not actually supported. Calling it an English release is a scam.

What The Fuck Aniplex?

vagrant_winds on
    My guess is that they (probably correctly) assumed the vast majority of buyers only wanted the figures and weren't interested in playing the game, and so decided not to pay for a translation.

But in that case, just say you imported the figures. Don't call it an official English release.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular

It's gonna take a while

The secret here is to just not pull many 4/5 stars. I think I only have like two left to max ascend, not counting Stheno.

Of course, lots of people in this thread don't have this...advantage...

uyvfOQy.png