As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I completed the underground shield today, took out 3 hunters during first match. also picked up a caduceus from the phase boss, which was neat.

For the season pass supply drop you just equip all your highest score gear before opening, right?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don't think your current gear has anything to do with what the gear would drop at? But I have no idea gear levels drop randomly.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    IDK, I thought that's how it went?

I just extracted a bullfrog, so I'm happier because I waited until there were 30 seconds left to attach as is my custom, and some git tried to attack me so all I had to do is tank out the extraction timer and now I have a bullfrog. then I let him kill me so I could get out of the DZ quicker.

<3<3<3

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Win Win! I've had extractions like that. "Hooray you get your kill I got what I wanted out.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Indeed. and I've only 2 landmark clears to go before I finish that shield. but there's a commendation for clearing each DZ landmark that I have 21/25 of that I need to figure out so I'm doomed to continue in the DZ for longer.

• Options
    Indeed. and I've only 2 landmark clears to go before I finish that shield. but there's a commendation for clearing each DZ landmark that I have 21/25 of that I need to figure out so I'm doomed to continue in the DZ for longer.

If you can stand staying up late or have a day off during a work day the dz can be pretty empty.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Man I guess its a good sign that survival had too many people connecting they had to take it off line to fix dlc issues? Still sucks their first official day with the shield up and the dlc was down.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    The good news is they'll likely extend the free period for people. They've been pretty awesome about that when there's been similar issues in the past.

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    It turns that ive played Lexington on challenging enough times that I can play it while drunk, and relying almost entirely on muscle memory to shoot people.

• Options
    I thought the 5 hunters in survival would be the hardest part of the shield if only because right now you have a lot of people playing and you have to kind of fight to kill your own hunter. I should know I killed two of other peoples in my 4 hunter game! Snagged the shield not too long after that.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    It's a bit annoying to see 2000 points on the board for killing 4 hunters, but only 2 credits in the shield, ah well, not like I mind doing a couple more runs :P

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    It's a bit annoying to see 2000 points on the board for killing 4 hunters, but only 2 credits in the shield, ah well, not like I mind doing a couple more runs :P

Well the shield only counts the kill shot, but on the point board if you damaged them you get credit.

Then again my shield said I only had 2 hours this morning and then I finished shield after one run, I mean I guess I could have been at like 2 hours 50 minutes and had a run go 2 hours and 10 minutes. So maybe there's an issue with it not counting things?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/4UrUbtr99mY

Gamescon trailr its just rehosted by someone but I'm lazy so...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    """""gameplay"""""

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    """""gameplay"""""

Technically, that was a trailer of gameplay.

Walking and hiding behind cover are things that you do 60% of the time in The Division, the other 40% being a mixture of killing American citizens and engaging in oddly dissonant dancing while, during or after said killing.

• Options
    Apparently the car cover leap is straight from div 2 as well. Like now if you sprint towards a carhood and hit the mount option you leap over it.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    """""gameplay"""""

I'll take that kind of trailer over the bullshit scripted ones of people "playing" the game any day

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Apparently all The Division 1 DLC is discounted 60% this week.

• Options
    yeah, I think xbox has a general add-on/DLC sale going on this week?

• Options
    If you're in a group with someone and they start a weekly HVT do you get the credit/kill counted for your weekly HVT list too?

• Options
    I swear it showed the division in xbox gamepass, but I could be crazy and it was just on sale or something.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm absolutely terrible at survival and would like some help. Either in game, or out of game with some helpful tips about what I should be doing to last for more than a few minutes.
    If you're in a group with someone and they start a weekly HVT do you get the credit/kill counted for your weekly HVT list too?

Yep.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Are you on PC Elki?

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Xbox.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    hssssssssss

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I'm absolutely terrible at survival and would like some help. Either in game, or out of game with some helpful tips about what I should be doing to last for more than a few minutes.

Are you getting killed by cold or NPCs?

Cold is a bit tricky as you are dependant on actually finding stuff, but a couple of tips are to check housing or stores if you can, that's either a good source of raw clothing or cloth that you can use if you get desperate. Make sure you keep drinking water or soda consumables as rather than their effects in the main game, in survival they highlight loot in the world, which can be invaluable in making you not miss stuff, especially as you're running down a street. (Food gives you health regen past the current segment) Subways and sewers are also well worth checking out as you'll be warm down there and there's usually a pretty decent haul to be had off the NPCs and chests.

Getting gunned down is a matter of being cautious, I don't really like to take on purples without finding an actual gun first. There's a couple of landmarks in the early areas where you'll have to go up against a lone purple and couple of buddies to secure the loot, but other than that I try to steer well clear early on. Crafting Pulse at a later hideout really helps with this and the Turret can be incredibly powerful in survival.

More general tips are that the advanced virus filter really helps as a lot of people don't seem to make one, so you can get into areas with "free" loot, often of better quality than in uncontaminated areas.(This is doubly true in the DZ where you can always find essential Division Tech in Contaminated areas) The extra medkit pouch comes with a free medkit, so that's useful. Helicopter crashes have always got stuff at them, but people will rush for them so unless you're pretty close you'll probably find them empty or someone will run past and hoover up the boxes while you're killing NPCs. A good rule of thumb is that if an area is a mission location or a safehouse etc in the main game, there will be something worth picking up there in Survival. There's a couple of areas (like the underground garage used for HVTs near Dragon's Nest) that people consistently overlook at have fantastic hauls inside.

Lastly, a lot of getting better at survival is simply practice, trial and error and learning what you can find near to the starting locations/what's worth beelining to from each start.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    So I tried survival and got bored-risk killed after ~10-15 minutes. IDK. I think it would have been less grating if not for the sepsis mechanic which just felt dumb and arbitrary to me. Was extreme cold not enough? I had 2 first aid kits, 2 medicines and some painkillers, a blue gun and almost an entire outfit when I died. IDK.

edit: I mean, if I had gotten into a (player controlled) fight and was injured an then had to worry about infection or something it wouldn't have been as much of a put-off but as it was it was just... meh.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    So I tried survival and got bored-risk killed after ~10-15 minutes. IDK. I think it would have been less grating if not for the sepsis mechanic which just felt dumb and arbitrary to me. Was extreme cold not enough? I had 2 first aid kits, 2 medicines and some painkillers, a blue gun and almost an entire outfit when I died. IDK.

edit: I mean, if I had gotten into a (player controlled) fight and was injured an then had to worry about infection or something it wouldn't have been as much of a put-off but as it was it was just... meh.

Wait so what killed you?

• Options
    edited August 2018

Wait so what killed you?

Oh, I had been doing anchored circuits between warm spots, and I was getting close to my second landmark to clear. It was beyond the point of no return from the warm spot I had been working from, but I figured it'd be indoors (I was in the projects area) so I could clear it, be warm, and move to a different area. The landmark was outdoors. It's possible there could have been a barrel somewhere inside the area but there we two purples that I would have had to take out in the immediate area, plus whatever else was there so I just folded.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Ah, yeah that'll do it.

A lot of times I don't even go hunting until I'm at like 6f protection or better. Up until I reach that point I'm in full on scavenger mode.

• Options
    I played a match of "I probably need a The House to PVP in the Division" and I probably need a The House to PVP in the Division.

• Options
    Oh the deathmatch mode?

Yeah, I played it once to get the fucking notification to go away and then never touched it again because it turns out gear based PvP remains bullshit

• Options
    Last Stand was decentish if you stick with others, probably more fun now without striker dominating. Skirmish would just be boring as f though.

As far as Survival, you really just need to learn how to retreat. Also turret is a fucking life saver. Though I only do the PVE version, the pvp one seems to be dominated by people who just wait for you to peak your head out of a safe room and then kill you.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I couldnt imagine doing pvp survival because losing items in the dz is annoying enough already, effectively losing time because of people? nah.

Ill try survival again when Im like, not near bored of playing games though eventually.

• Options
    Did enough WSP to complete the Avenger shield, will have to dabble in Survival maybe sometime this week... IDK.

• Options
    Any Xbox people messing around during this event?

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I chose the wrong topic. Carry on.

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
  • Options
    An overhaul? Nah they have a new release going out. They put out a new balance patch recently. Plenty of people play/came back to earn some shields before Division 2 drops though.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    An overhaul? Nah they have a new release going out. They put out a new balance patch recently. Plenty of people play/came back to earn some shields before Division 2 drops though.

I think he was talking about Destiny 2, which... did have an overhaul.

• Options
    Looks like Division 2 is up for preorder but I'm kinda leery of buying it through ubisoft directly because iirc they don't let you link to steam