As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PlayStation’s Insomniac’s Marvel’s Spider-Man, Out September 7

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/08/02/four-fantastic-hours-with-spider-man

Hey, all. Sounds like the Spider-Man might be good...

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I was impressed with the little details on the camera HUD, such as tiny logos showing HDR and flash being active, the battery charge at 70 percent, and a 32 MB memory card inserted.
    Linking the phone battery charge to your Dual Shock battery level seems like an obvious move, so now I'm going to be disappointed if they don't do that.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular

Fuck, man
    There's some deep cuts for those suits he mentions! Makes me hopeful!

Also air tricks, baybeeeeee

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    There was a time when video games knew exactly what I wanted and would just fucking give it to me. The PS1-era Spider-Man games were pretty special to comic nerds and fans of fashion.

https://youtu.be/YRZsioC-qQA

Now all those skins would be like 30 separate pre-order bonuses.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular

Fuck, man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DAfEBkRfU

:question:

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    So, mystery science employer...
    What are the chance of this not being Oscorp?
    Probably better than if it was set in the Amazing Spider-Man verse, but I'd still be willing to put some money on it.
    edit: quotes and spoilers are different things, me.

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

Fuck, man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1DAfEBkRfU

:question:

We can only hope

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Just watching some of those city swinging vids and...

Yea this game is now easily tied for my most anticipated game of the year (and probably of the last 2 years combined)

Trying to figure out which one of them to play first is going to be a damn nightmare.

This just looks like everything I could want from a video game of my favorite hero since I was a little kid.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Glad they confirmed a photo video.

Hopefully they give us a lot of cool posing/eye options.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    There are quite a few spoiler videos hitting YouTube

Costumes and enemies, mostly

And games journalism is a joke and a PR machine, so I don't know how much if it is true

But one of the alternate costumes looks amazing in what I'm hoping is concept art
    Ben Reilly's red tights and blue sleeveless hoodie doesn't have the goofy ankle pouches and it looks amazing

Enemies
    Green Goblin and Venom are both in it

Less than a month to go!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    If I can dress up as the emissary from hell then this is GOTY

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I’ll probably throw on the Homecoming outfit and call it good.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the armor on the cover of this comic is just too damn obscure to ever show up again, even though Bagman shows up occasionally:

61RnKLLg9rL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Options
    I had that comic. It was terrible then, and it’s terrible now.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    That armour was an unlockable outfit in Shattered Dimensions, so it’s possible!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    I had that comic. It was terrible then, and it’s terrible now.

It's from a comic book from the 90s, of course it's terrible. And I love it.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I had a toy that had that armor, and it’s always been my favorite Spidey look

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I believe that armor was used in the Spideverse-esque finale to the 90’s cartoon

Jimothy on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    CAN I WALK AN OLD LADY ACROSS THE STREET

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    My Balloon!

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/UYCQqGRp6YU

Scarlet Spider's suit power is to summon holographic clones.

*Thumbsupemoji*

• Options
    Invoking the clone saga for good? Madmen.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Accidentally posted a copy of that trailer here again instead of G&T.

But yea, surprised it's not getting more traction over there. Game looks legit good and has been getting all sorts of press on other parts of the internet.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I think we've sort of talked out everything we can until the game is out

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah, I imagine the thread will blow up proper once the game comes out, but until then, nothing

• Options
    Oh I meant no traction in G&T. Here there's still people talking!

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Am I missing something or is Amazon just not selling physical copies of this?

• Options
    Amazon has decided lately to make selling video game related things as inconvenient as possible, seems like

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I managed to preorder a physical copy as soon as they were available but it seems Amazon has been weird about some games, like also Anthem is unavailable, but they seem to be fine on lots of other games, so... I don't know

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I'm probably extremely fucked if stuff like the PSN ever goes down forever, because I would very much like to buy as little physical media as possible going forward.

• Options
    I buy all my PS4 games digitally so it hasn’t affected me much (except when PSN gift card digital codes also went away for a while)

I am hoping to get a Switch this year, though, and I’ll probably stick to physical on that, since I don’t trust Nintendo’s digital marketplace. Amazon also completely screwed my mini SNES preorder over and I only got one because I went to a Best Buy on release day and they happened to have a few left over.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    There was a time when video games knew exactly what I wanted and would just fucking give it to me. The PS1-era Spider-Man games were pretty special to comic nerds and fans of fashion.

https://youtu.be/YRZsioC-qQA

Now all those skins would be like 30 separate pre-order bonuses.

Except that’s not true at all as even the three pre-order bonus suits will be unlockable in the game

The pre-order just gets you them sooner

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Amazon has decided lately to make selling video game related things as inconvenient as possible, seems like

I think it's more video game companies do not like the prime discount on new physical copies.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I think it's more video game companies do not like the prime discount on new physical copies.

Well, that's going away in like, a week. Though I'm fairly certain Amazon eats the cost on that discount

• Options

Well, that's going away in like, a week. Though I'm fairly certain Amazon eats the cost on that discount

Wait what

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Wait what

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/20/17761394/amazon-prime-video-game-pre-order-discount

• Options
    Well, shit

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Am I missing something or is Amazon just not selling physical copies of this?

First party Sony games have had been like this for a little while on Amazon. There must be some kind of fight between them right now sort of like the Nintendo fight that happened a while ago. You can't pre-order any of the physical versions of Sony first party games right now.