As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Venture Bros: RADIANT IS THE BLOOD OF THE BABOON HEART

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Shit, they’re doing a new shirt club? I missed week one!

YL9WnCY.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    Shit, they’re doing a new shirt club? I missed week one!

The subscription for the whole thing is still available for a few more days
    https://www.titmousestuff.com/products/venture-bros-season-7-shirt-club-subscription

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I bought the subscription the moment they announced it because I am weak.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I wasn’t going to but then I did

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Never having 4xl really helped me not buy any of the previous clubs

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Nice.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    sarukun wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »

Nice.

Problem light shirt already justified it.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I still very much love how this show uses nostalgia, it's never surface-level "remember when," it's very specific

like could anyone ever imagine anything years using the theme from a 35 year old forgotten Burt Reynolds vehicle and making a specific point of its use

6F32U1X.png
    oh also end of Episode 2
    I hope this second Blue Morpho means we get a lot more Paul F. Tompkins, though the brief flash of him in Gary's dream being the usual Monarch voice makes me think that maybe they didn't get him this time

6F32U1X.png
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I still very much love how this show uses nostalgia, it's never surface-level "remember when," it's very specific

like could anyone ever imagine anything years using the theme from a 35 year old forgotten Burt Reynolds vehicle and making a specific point of its use

I looked up a summary of that movie and I cant imagine anyone wanting to remember it. It sounds horrid.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    oh also end of Episode 2
    I hope this second Blue Morpho means we get a lot more Paul F. Tompkins, though the brief flash of him in Gary's dream being the usual Monarch voice makes me think that maybe they didn't get him this time
    Gary's dream would use the Monarch's voice because that's the only Blue Morpho he knows. The previous flashback was the show animating a scene from a comic book in-fiction

cdci44qazyo3.gif

oh also end of Episode 2
    Gary's dream would use the Monarch's voice because that's the only Blue Morpho he knows. The previous flashback was the show animating a scene from a comic book in-fiction
    They did also watch a videotape of Morpho (he should probably have an actual name, huh?) and Jonas hanging out, but point taken that a dream sequence probably doesn't have to track logically

6F32U1X.png
    oh also end of Episode 2
    They did also watch a videotape of Morpho (he should probably have an actual name, huh?) and Jonas hanging out, but point taken that a dream sequence probably doesn't have to track logically

Heh. Hanging out

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Radiation wrote: »
    Where do you guys watch the new episodes online?

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros
    but you need a cable or satellite subscription that includes cartoon network, I think

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Where do you guys watch the new episodes online?

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros
    but you need a cable or satellite subscription that includes cartoon network, I think

Lame! I guess I'll see if I can buy the pass or something on Amazon or google.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular

me i could

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Aw, no early release this week?

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Never having 4xl really helped me not buy any of the previous clubs

The fat life does have its silver lining. :bro:

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    If they had the shirt club with a bigger or taller shirt I would be out $180 for sure

Aw, no early release this week?

Oh wait, there it is. New episode is up on Adult Swim.

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    holy shit there is SO MUCH PAYOFF in this episode

edit: I love this season already

Vladimer on
    Episode 3 spoilers!
    Venturion/Vendata was indeed the Blue Morpho. Jonas brought him back to life as an android, but he flipped out when he saw rusty playing as it reminded him of his son and then of his plane going down, so Kano was forced to snap his neck and Jonas threw him in the trash. Then on an unrelated arching, Dr. Z found him in the trash, wiped his memory and rebuilt him as Vendata. Apparently Vendata was behind the plan to invade Gargantua 1, planning on blackmailing Jonas with the previously seen sex tape, which Jonas had been blackmailing the Blue Morpho with. The episode is ambiguous whether or not Vendata was the one to space movie night. (Also newsie Bud Manstrong makes a cameo in a flashback)! But Jonas was spaced as well, so probably wasn't the culprit, and before they could stick him in the PROBLEM, Team Venture slipped on the plastic cowboy toy rusty left behind and dropped Jonas, who shattered into dozens of pieces (Which is why he's only a head now)

After Don Hell, he started to remember, spent the next x amount of time walking home, grabbed the blue morpho gear and made his way to Jonas to try and get his memory back.

Also it's all but outright stated that Jonas is indeed the Monarch's real father.

Also also, way back in Season 1 Dr. Orpheus predicted the Action Man would have a stroke in "Two years, 17 days", so I guess that establishes how long it's been in the show.

Episode 3
    fuck I love when this show makes big moves like this

Above all I'm excited to see where the Monarch goes from here, probably becoming elevated to top dog in the Guild for "killing" the Blue Morpho and publicly boasting while privately lamenting the loss of his dad

god this show is so, so good

This would've been amazing as the end of last season but I am totally okay finally getting around to it now

6F32U1X.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I really wish they wouldn’t but the episodes online early. Now I have to dodge spoilers until air time.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Well to make it better, here's another Episode 3 spoiler comment
    goddamn I even extra love that weren't for good PR, Blue Morpho would definitely be remembered as a superhero and Jonas as a villain

Jonas might be the most straight-up evil person in the entire cast, never once doing anything for anyone else in his entire (multiple) lives

6F32U1X.png
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Episode 3 spoilers!
    Venturion/Vendata was indeed the Blue Morpho. Jonas brought him back to life as an android, but he flipped out when he saw rusty playing as it reminded him of his son and then of his plane going down, so Kano was forced to snap his neck and Jonas threw him in the trash. Then on an unrelated arching, Dr. Z found him in the trash, wiped his memory and rebuilt him as Vendata. Apparently Vendata was behind the plan to invade Gargantua 1, planning on blackmailing Jonas with the previously seen sex tape, which Jonas had been blackmailing the Blue Morpho with. The episode is ambiguous whether or not Vendata was the one to space movie night. (Also newsie Bud Manstrong makes a cameo in a flashback)! But Jonas was spaced as well, so probably wasn't the culprit, and before they could stick him in the PROBLEM, Team Venture slipped on the plastic cowboy toy rusty left behind and dropped Jonas, who shattered into dozens of pieces (Which is why he's only a head now)

After Don Hell, he started to remember, spent the next x amount of time walking home, grabbed the blue morpho gear and made his way to Jonas to try and get his memory back.

Also it's all but outright stated that Jonas is indeed the Monarch's real father.

Also also, way back in Season 1 Dr. Orpheus predicted the Action Man would have a stroke in "Two years, 17 days", so I guess that establishes how long it's been in the show.
    Orpheus had one of my favorite lines.

When action man collapses.

"He's having a heart attack!"

Orpheus "...stroke..."

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    Well to make it better, here's another Episode 3 spoiler comment
    goddamn I even extra love that weren't for good PR, Blue Morpho would definitely be remembered as a superhero and Jonas as a villain

Jonas might be the most straight-up evil person in the entire cast, never once doing anything for anyone else in his entire (multiple) lives

Episode 3
    When the potential for Jonas to come back arose episode one this season, my head was *swimming* with the plot possibilities. When it *almost* threatened to actually manifest for a second tonight after Jonas went, "whelp gonna hijack your body now lol", I found myself saying, out loud , "I hope you stay dead, you *sick* f$&#"

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Episode 3 spoilers!

Orpheus had one of my favorite lines.

When action man collapses.

"He's having a heart attack!"

Orpheus "...stroke..."

There were a lot of good parts of this episode, but that was the precise moment when I lost my shit. Just all of it, all of my shit, suddenly and mysteriously missing.

I love this show so much.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    They kinda fit a lot of stuff into a standard length episode.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    They kinda fit a lot of stuff into a standard length episode.

One nice thing is there is only a single commercial break in the middle. I think we gain an extra couple minutes over a regular show.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I always forget just how good the names in this show are, especially the villain names. Getting that peek into the 80s
    with Red Death rattling off Stab Girl, Laugh Riot (clown riot-cop), Mr. Fahrenheit (Freddie Mercury, who I assume has all the powers listed in Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now"), Hate-Bit (has a pink, 8-bit hologram for a head), and Vendata
    was so satisfying. I love this show's universe.

I love Laugh Riot hes a perfect stupid analogue for The Comedian

edited August 2018
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I always forget just how good the names in this show are, especially the villain names. Getting that peek into the 80s
    with Red Death rattling off Stab Girl, Laugh Riot (clown riot-cop), Mr. Fahrenheit (Freddie Mercury, who I assume has all the powers listed in Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now"), Hate-Bit (has a pink, 8-bit hologram for a head), and Vendata
    was so satisfying. I love this show's universe.
    Red Death's Mohawk and leather Jacket was great. Also Brock's "Oh shit..." look when Red Death breaks it down for him in the diner.

webguy20 on
    So I guess
    Jonas and Vendata are both for realz dead. And the Monarch got to figure out Vendata was his dad...but how long until him and Doc figure out their brothers?

Bucketman wrote: »
    So I guess
    Jonas and Vendata are both for realz dead. And the Monarch got to figure out Vendata was his dad...but how long until him and Doc figure out their brothers?
    My guess is season finale

cdci44qazyo3.gif

So I guess
    Unless they accidentally get a blood test, probably never.

That said, the OSI apparently wants Jonas' head, and they probably don't know the extent of his monstrous activities, so I wouldn't be surprised to find out they hooked it up to a computer or something to try and access his knowledge.

Vendata I'm expecting to return, as he's a robot and likely can be repaired. (and Phantom Limb is totally the idiot who would do that to try and have an ace in the hole.)

So I guess

That said, the OSI apparently wants Jonas' head, and they probably don't know the extent of his monstrous activities, so I wouldn't be surprised to find out they hooked it up to a computer or something to try and access his knowledge.

Vendata I'm expecting to return, as he's a robot and likely can be repaired. (and Phantom Limb is totally the idiot who would do that to try and have an ace in the hole.)
    Vendata is not a robot he's a cyborg. His body was mechanical but he very notably had a human brain. Obviously it's a show with both cartoon super science and magic so anything's possible, but given what we've seen he looks pretty definitively dead.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

So I guess

Vendata is not a robot he's a cyborg. His body was mechanical but he very notably had a human brain. Obviously it's a show with both cartoon super science and magic so anything's possible, but given what we've seen he looks pretty definitively dead.
    Vendata already had his head twisted off once was left in the trash for who knows how long before Dr. Z fixed him up, so who knows.

• TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    So I guess

Vendata already had his head twisted off once was left in the trash for who knows how long before Dr. Z fixed him up, so who knows.

Well Vendata appears to have lost a ton of blood, and seeing as how his only internal organ that needs blood is his brian, that thing must have been fucked up good in the flight across the traffic circle onto stone steps and crushed under a super-computer. Either the brain got squished or severely concussed and seeing as how Morpho was barely able to collect his memories before, even if he's able to be revived he's going to be way worse off now.

Last time his head was intact, just twisted off his robot body. Now his braincase has been ruptured.

TankHammer on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    So I guess

On a side note I loved that Dr Z's method of deleting his memories was just to run a big ol' magnet over his head

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code