As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BYOC Registration South 2019!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
The one, the only, Bring Your Own Computer for PAX South 2019!

Want to be part of a rad PAX Lan Party? This is how you do that! BYOC is a dedicated LAN Party area in the PC section of PAX for you to bring your cool rig or your travel machine or just your gaming laptop and hang out and game with other attendees! The BYOC badge does not grant you entry to PAX itself, you need both BYOC and PAX general admission badges in order to participate!

Register here:

https://www.showclix.com/event/paxsouthbyoc9fvzv2kr8

• Options
    vade281vade281 Registered User regular
    Is it only will call this year?

• Options
    AirAssault237AirAssault237 Flying Boat boi San AntonioRegistered User regular
    This is a 2fer:
    Ya know, I never thought of this, but what's the upper limit on the power-draw for the computers from the wall? We've always had everything plugged into splitters, hubs, and surge protectors, but what if I wanted to bring something more... high-end? Say, a draw of 1400 watts from the wall?

Second: Do you know when group registration will be available? I already snagged 6 spots

djhzzwy17hd0.png
    "There are pilots and there are pilots; with the good ones, it is inborn." - BG Robin Olds
    "Weather today fine but high waves." - ADM Tōgō Heihachirō
  • Options
    TheSwordofBlaaaaTheSwordofBlaaaa Registered User new member
    This is a 2fer:
    Ya know, I never thought of this, but what's the upper limit on the power-draw for the computers from the wall? We've always had everything plugged into splitters, hubs, and surge protectors, but what if I wanted to bring something more... high-end? Say, a draw of 1400 watts from the wall?

Second: Do you know when group registration will be available? I already snagged 6 spots

Why stop there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWBBNZSLSus

• Options
    Why stop there?

Because youre not supposed to mention the second computer on the upper half of the same tower until you get approval for the first one down below.

djhzzwy17hd0.png
    "There are pilots and there are pilots; with the good ones, it is inborn." - BG Robin Olds
  • Options
    vade281vade281 Registered User regular
    Still looking for an answer...

Is it only will call this year?

• Options
    From the registration:
    "You MUST have a PAX South badge before purchasing BYOC. If you purchased your PAX South badge and BYOC badge prior to November 26, 2019, your badges will mail together. All badges purchased after this date must be picked up onsite. If you have an international address and chose the will call option for your PAX badge, your BYOC badge will also be available via Will Call."

I know that this is only under the "will call" option, but my assumption would be that if you have purchased pax south badges and a byoc badge, they will not charge you extra and the byoc will mail with your pax badges, otherwise you will have to pick up at will call.

We cannot answer that question definitively though, and I would suggest for an official answer to email pax_questions@paxsite.com

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Finally purchased my badges and BYOC passes yesterday. It’s the first PAX ever for my oldest son (I told my kids they could start coming to PAX when they were old enough to fly solo) and I’m excited to share the unique BYOC culture with a newbie!

• Options
    AhzdeeenAhzdeeen Registered User new member
    What are the rules on children in the BYOC area? I know many of has expensive rigs, and the idea of kids running around not carefully supervised is something makes me a little nervous.

• Options
    Ahzdeeen wrote: »
    What are the rules on children in the BYOC area? I know many of has expensive rigs, and the idea of kids running around not carefully supervised is something makes me a little nervous.
    I believe that anyone inside the BYOC area needs to have a BYOC badge to enter.

This is anecdotal, of course, but I can't ever remember seeing a bunch of random kids running around in BYOC.

• Options
    AhzdeeenAhzdeeen Registered User new member
    That's what I thought, a friend is bringing all three of his kids (under 6) to PAX. He has BYOC badges, but he's not the greatest at keeping an eye on his kids. They get into PAX for free, but I'm dreading them being in the BYOC area, because they can be terrors when not supervised.

• Options
    Ahzdeeen wrote: »
    That's what I thought, a friend is bringing all three of his kids (under 6) to PAX. He has BYOC badges, but he's not the greatest at keeping an eye on his kids. They get into PAX for free, but I'm dreading them being in the BYOC area, because they can be terrors when not supervised.
    I would expect that anyone being significantly disruptive would be asked to be less disruptive by show staff. If you see a significant issue happening, talk to the friendly BYOC enforcers :)

• Options
    edited January 2019
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I would expect that anyone being significantly disruptive would be asked to be less disruptive by show staff. If you see a significant issue happening, talk to the friendly BYOC enforcers :)

Speaking of enforcers, when is the big enforcer post due? I wanna snag seats for my group.

AirAssault237 on
    djhzzwy17hd0.png
  • Options
    Platypus KingPlatypus King Registered User regular
    The PAX South BYOC Mega Thread has been created and can be found over at https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/223385/pax-south-byoc-2019-mega-thread.

• Options
    ^^

Geth, close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.