As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

191011121315»

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    august wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is Stylus a thing for Firefox? The bright theme on a browser really stings. I'm spoiled on Ye Olde.

Yes.

Says it also requests access to website data and such. Is it legit?

I don't know? Suriko recommended people switch to it in the post he made above in Nov of 2017. It's currently being touted as a safe alternative to Stylish. I'm not a developer so I can't speak with authority about it but damn near every add-on you install gives that warning. So you have to decide for yourself if you want to trust it or not.

august on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Stylus is safe, the Stylish guy had added some adware ad tracking stuff to the addon, so the community wrote Stylus. I've been using it with no problems or any odd web activity.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2018
    I ended up glancing through the how-to on extensions and just tossed two tutorials together to get something more or less functional without needing to worry about any third parties.

I didn't really need a general solution to begin with, so this works for me. Well, mostly works. There's this short gap between the page loading and the css being applied which is a bit annoying. I don't know much about web development, so I'm not sure how to fix that

my manifest file, if anyone cares:
    {
    	"manifest_version": 2,

"name": "ye olde style",
    	"permissions": ["tabs", "http://forums.penny-arcade.com/*"],
    	"description": "test",
    	"version": "1.0",

"content_scripts": [ 
    	{ 
    		"matches": ["https://forums.penny-arcade.com/*"],
    		"js": ["background.js"] 
    	}
    	]

}	

background.js comes from the 'install style as userscript' button on the stylish site; I've just renamed things to fit better with the tutorial.

Tamin on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    So I don't know what's going on but this no longer works for me in Chrome. Also, is Stylish no longer available for Chrome?

Edit: Looks like it was pulled a while back. Strange that it was working for me up until today...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/chrome-and-firefox-pull-stylish-add-on-after-report-it-logged-browser-history/

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Like the article says and was mentioned upthread I think just get Stylus instead.

• Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Like the article says and was mentioned upthread I think just get Stylus instead.

Cool, wasn't actually sure if it would work.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Had a similar issue and was very happy to see this thread is still going.

@Suriko, you're doing the Lord's work over there. Good God does this forum look terrible without Ye Olde Style.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    wish the regular boards settings allowed us to pick a color format that wasn't so bright.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Is anyone else getting a huge gray box to the right of tweets after this recent fix?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Is anyone else getting a huge gray box to the right of tweets after this recent fix?

Updated, should be fixed now.

• Options
    Yup that fixed it. You're the best Suriko <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fallout2manFallout2man Vault Dweller Registered User regular
    Don't know if this has been reported yet. Using FF developer edition.

On posts with a large enough amount of agree/awesome count the icons go up and over the post, covering the bottom of it and making certain content unreadable.

Check out The Rules post (https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/165388/the-rules#latest), scroll to the bottom, and then try switching the style on and off to see the difference. The last two paragraphs are obscured by all the agree/awesome icons.

Thanks in advance for addressing this.

On Ignorance:
    Kana wrote:
    If the best you can come up with against someone who's patently ignorant is to yell back at him, "Yeah? Well there's BOOKS, and they say you're WRONG!"

Then honestly you're not coming out of this looking great either.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, I get that. Have for a long time. Kludged together my own bit of code to remove them.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Updated with a slightly cludgy quick fix. Reaction icons are now a single line.

Suriko on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Is there an extension that works with Microsoft Edge? We "upgraded" at work and I am being seared,

• Options
    It's super minor to the point where I'd say to not even bother fixing it, but the fall theme broke the PA logo in the top left corner

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    It's also broken without ye olde so might as well wait for them to fix the main site first

• Options
    Anyone else noticed that post text has turned into a different font? I don't know font names so I couldn't tell you what it's changed to, but its different.

Super helpful report!

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It's happening on the regular style as well.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/234567/font-just-changed
    Incindium wrote: »
    Looking at the CSS in Chrome Developer Tools there is now a

body.Vanilla .userContent {
    font-size: 14px;
    }

that is setting the font size to 14. If I disable it goes back to size 13 font which it was using before.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Hell yes, @Suriko. You are doing God's work over there, thank you.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    @Suriko You are amazing. Now my signature is less broken*! Thanks.

*I really should get around to updating it, but, meh.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2020
    Is it just me, or did the style stop working this morning, and the page to redownload it no longer open? Get a 504 error.

edit: Nevermind, page finally loaded, guess I just had to reinstall it.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    I guess this wouldn't fix the root problem, but maybe changing this would at least bring the logo back for people using this style?
    Ramius wrote: »

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Would it be possible to get this hosted on github or something, given the userstyles seems to have shut down?

Also thanks for doing this over the years! Still prefer it.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Well its still down. I've posted the one I have to gist, not sure how old it is, seems to work okay.

ye olde style

Edit: Actually userstyles does seem to be back up, just very slow. So this can just be a backup copy in case it goes down again.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    Stylus itself seems to be broken? Ye Olde disappeared and reinstalling it or Stylus does nothing.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Stylus itself seems to be broken? Ye Olde disappeared and reinstalling it or Stylus does nothing.

Noticed this too. It was working earlier but now isn't. Either there was an update for the forum or Stylus broke.

Edit: Looks like Stylus just updated today so something with the update may have broke the style.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I recently installed one other style for another site, and it's also vanished. I can't seem to add either back.

Edit: And now suddenly I can add them and they save and work again. Hope it behaves from now on!

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Looks like I had to go to this link to reinstall the sytle

https://uso.kkx.one/style/50838

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2022
    that link looked incredibly sketchy but I have gone there and verified it's just a github redirect, in case anyone is wondering

https://github.com/33kk/uso-archive/blob/flomaster/data/uso-styles/50838.json
    https://github.com/33kk/uso-archive/blob/flomaster/data/usercss/50838.user.css

zerzhul on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Ye Olde Style seems broken for the topic listing page but not threads now. Any ideas from people better versed in CSS?

• Options
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I feel super dumb, but how do I make this work? It claims to be installed but doesn't seem to do anything

win10 latest firefox if it matters

• Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I feel super dumb, but how do I make this work? It claims to be installed but doesn't seem to do anything

win10 latest firefox if it matters

You've got the Stylus extension installed?

camo_sig.png