As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

the mod approved [Hero Academia] thread

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »
    Honestly Bakugou needs to mature a lot before he should be shipped with anyone.

Like the fact that the only person that actually considers him a friend is the guy who a) is immune to the constant physical abuse, and b) has the personality of a particularly friendly labrador retriever, kind of points out the level of toxicity involved here. Sure, he's improving, but I still wouldn't wish him on anyone and it's nobody's job to ix his bullshit.

Physical abuse seems like a thing that isn't happening? I think?

Like, I totally could've just missed it, (especially if it was used for background stuff in other scenes) but I can't recall any scenes where Bakugo has actually hit someone outside of combat or training scenarios since starting at UA. He yells a lot, of course. And this surprises me because I could've sworn that there would have been scenes with him used for slapstick, but I can't recall any.
    its maybe implied he beats up denki off screen to get him to overuse his quirk and be an idiot for comic relief but it happens so quickly its really hard to judge what was supposed to have happened (in the anime, at least)

yeah it's not clear what he does to get him to use his quirk

but it was to distract everyone so he could say a personal thankyou to kirishima and pay him back for those goggles he bought for the rescue operation without everyone getting to see him being nice for a change

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    my tsuyu headcanon:
    she's got frog anatomy and it actually gives her some body-image issues, which is why she's wary of romance in general.
    she's proud of her quirk but also somewhat ashamed of not fitting in totally, and embraces her frogness as a defense.
    she's psychologically free to have a crush on seal-captain because he's also got a non-human-anatomy quirk.

...once tsuyu reaches maturity she could probably lay eggs.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Remember when Kirishima and Tetsu^4 spent their internships getting physically assaulted by their boss

That was weird

There are a strange number of Mafia themed tough guy heroes. I feel like he was trying to get them to instinctively activate their quirks in response to an attack not seriously hurting them

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    my OTP is MinetaxTrashcan

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    my OTP is MinetaxTrashcan

Don’t be mean, trash cans serve a purpose

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    The only pairing I really want to see in this series is Todoroki x Yaoyorozu.

Yeah, I am boring.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Manga.
    If Midoriya hears Iida's or Hagakure's voice, he'll answer.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »

Yeah, I am boring.

They don't really seem to have any chemistry, other than Yaoyorozu comparing her performance to his, since they're both scholarship students.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Asthariel wrote: »

Yeah, I am boring.

They don't really seem to have any chemistry, other than Yaoyorozu comparing her performance to his, since they're both scholarship students.

They shared a meaningful glance once thats all it takes

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I hope there’s a slow clap style gradual crescendo cheer of tetsutetsu tetsutetsu’s name at some point.

tetsu tetsu Tetsu Tetsu TETSU TETSU TETSU TETSU TETSU TETSU

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Manga.
    Yeah, there's no way that thing he's wearing isn't meant to ape someone else's voice.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Skeith wrote: »
    Manga.
    Yeah, there's no way that thing he's wearing isn't meant to ape someone else's voice.
    Or make his really loud and annoying. Let's see how smart and careful they think they are when you just keep screaming "hey" at the top of your lungs.

PLA on
  • Options
    Manga.
    Or make his really loud and annoying. Let's see how smart and careful they think they are when you just keep screaming "hey" at the top of your lungs.
    If his ultimate goal is to be a rescue hero a loud speaker would be ideal for crowd control and rescue.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Lucedes wrote: »
    my tsuyu headcanon:

this is a genuinely upsetting sentence

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Manga.
    So you're saying he's been training with both Eraserhead and Present Mic

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Manga.
    If his ultimate goal is to be a rescue hero a loud speaker would be ideal for crowd control and rescue.
    That person who tells everyone to stay calm and walk over there in a line.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Manga.
    That person who tells everyone to stay calm and walk over there in a line.
    Yeah. Shinsou with a loudspeaker could save so many lives in a situation where panic can get people killed.

Heck, that could even get around the "if he gets famous, his power is useless" thing. If he's renowned for saving lives with his power, then people knowing his voice would help his power work.

Enlong on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

my apologies everyone!

i think i just think about shit like this too much in superhero / fantasy / sci-fi environments.
    it's sort of encouraged in the narrative style, the "how far does this power go? what can it do?" thinking.

my favorite superhero archetype is generally nightcrawler/beast/dr. manhattan/etc.,
    the intelligent but distinct "other" trying to find acceptance as a human or at least as a person,
    and though i think the straight translation of this idea in bnha is definitely principal nezu,
    i still really like tsuyu because she seems kinda like this to me,
    like an ordinary girl who also happens to be like a frog in many ways.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Bakugo respects him on some level though they've yet to explain why.

I think he probably knows why Kirishima's taking visual cues from Red Devil or Red Riot or whatever, and respects that motivation. Seems in-character. Plus he's had flunkies before and needs new ones.
    Kirishima was #2 in points on the entrance exam.

Game recognizes game.

sig.gif
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    my tsuyu headcanon:

Don't read this one, then.
    If she lays eggs could she make her own custard?

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Here everyone please try some

I made it

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    A duck! wrote: »
    my tsuyu headcanon:

What the hell are you making custard with?

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    wouldn't it be more like caviar though

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    mods

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »
    my tsuyu headcanon:

Also, don't google "Suriname toad" while thinking along these lines.
    You won't like the mental image.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    And here I thought this was going to, at last, be the anime thread that didn't turn creepy.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Can we not be creepy for 17 more pages? There's a new chapter out yesterday, and new Eps out last Saturday.

Like, in the latest chapter:
    Monoma's glorious pose in the two page spread? Just oozing self-importance.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    And here I thought this was going to, at last, be the anime thread that didn't turn creepy.
    But nerds, tho.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I don’t think tumblr links inline here, so I’ll just post this thing. Care warning for that word that also means female dog.
    http://athanatosora.tumblr.com/post/176956014270/x-the-explanation-really-isnt-better

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    eh, funny, but the katsuki mitsuki one underneath is goddamn hilarious.

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Maybe Tsuyu doesn't want to be in a relationship because she doesn't want to be in one. Damn, the justifications needed to not be boycrazy is sad.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    goto 6:34 if the player doesn't automatically start there.

https://youtu.be/d8sV95eJ_o0?t=6m34s

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I've been re-reading the manga to remind myself what happens next and man, I really hope the anime doesn't bother to include the(minor future chapter spoilers)
    part where Sir Nighteye has a tickle torture fetish machine he subjects his female sidekick to for unclear reasons

like, I don't normally mind fanservice, but fuck's sake this isn't a deviantart commission
    plus what about his other sidekick, does he also strap the centipede guy in there? are centipedes even ticklish?

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    I've been re-reading the manga to remind myself what happens next and man, I really hope the anime doesn't bother to include the(minor future chapter spoilers)
    part where Sir Nighteye has a tickle torture fetish machine he subjects his female sidekick to for unclear reasons

like, I don't normally mind fanservice, but fuck's sake this isn't a deviantart commission
    plus what about his other sidekick, does he also strap the centipede guy in there? are centipedes even ticklish?
    The reasons are very clear. You are going to laugh, whether you like it or not.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Ugh One’s Justice is going to have Endeavor as a playable character but only if you preorder

Hate that shit

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I think we all hate Endeavor

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yes also he is trash

But if I want to United States of Smash his face I shouldn’t have to preorder

• Options
    Ugh One’s Justice is going to have Endeavor as a playable character but only if you preorder

Hate that shit

So if I don't preorder I can kill two birds with one stone.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Hey, that's where I'm at!

It's where I stopped too, because I hate looking at other people's crankin'.

Children's rights are human rights.
This discussion has been closed.