As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    This Newbee Winstrike match is crazy good. Kinda glad I can't sleep now so I can catch it.

• SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Lots of good teams to root for this year. Cheesy, I know, but I would love to see a Liquid/EG Final.

Sceptre on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Ah crap I forgot about the International this year! D:

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    If you look up "DotA 2 international" on Google, it will bring up a physical / traditional sports style pane telling you the day's scores and such. I am pleased as shit to see that.

• VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    It might be helpful to add eventvods to the OP. It’s a rapidly updated and rigidly spoiler free place to find VOD links if you can’t watch live. Does pretty much every tournament throughout the year. Or r/dota2vods, which is the same thing.

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    That Mineski video and IceIceIce. I fuckin lost it. :D

VG.T vs VG
    Sucks for Sylar that VG.T lost, but it was a great win from VG.

Really hope OG gets a win tomorrow, don't want to see them in the Lower Bracket, but I know we will.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Done. Anything else people would like to add to the OP? I haven't been around much, a bit out of touch.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ah, I'd wondered if a new thread would show up, and one did overnight!

Having put some games into things, starting to catch up, diving into some of the Compendium content (way late, so far behind), I'll say this much; the Cavern is interesting as a way to inspire me to try new heroes, the Under Hollow is a neat little thing, at least the few times I've tried it, and while I'm sure there are plenty of even amateur strats to deal with them, fuck Techies.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Klatu wrote: »
    That Mineski video and IceIceIce. I fuckin lost it. :D

VG.T vs VG
    Sucks for Sylar that VG.T lost, but it was a great win from VG.

Really hope OG gets a win tomorrow, don't want to see them in the Lower Bracket, but I know we will.

God, me too. That shit was hilarious.

Forar wrote: »

Having put some games into things, starting to catch up, diving into some of the Compendium content (way late, so far behind), I'll say this much; the Cavern is interesting as a way to inspire me to try new heroes, the Under Hollow is a neat little thing, at least the few times I've tried it, and while I'm sure there are plenty of even amateur strats to deal with them, fuck Techies.

Techies is only good when it's on the other team. If it's on your team, it's garbage and you lose every time.

Logically impossible, but statistically true.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Dendi and Kaci dorking around in Canada is my favorite thing. I want an entire show just about that.

Alright one of the screens in my room is set to have TI up all day. Good luck OG!

Oof, so this first draft of the day. OG's draft makes me nervous, it looks very high risk / reward.

Henroid wrote: »
    Oof, so this first draft of the day. OG's draft makes me nervous, it looks very high risk / reward.

Nah they have PL, he'll do PL things.

3clipse wrote: »

See?

3clipse wrote: »

Holy crap it just flipped so abruptly.

Well that wasn't what I expected.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    PL gonna PL

camo_sig.png
    VishNub wrote: »
    Well that wasn't what I expected.
    I mean PL is not a given victory or anything and it looked like there was enough control going on to shut him down.

Oh they're still doing the fan animation things.

I don't understand PL. He's usually bad except sometimes that happens.

These fan films are amazing.

Also I think what I appreciate most about TI is that between games and series there's still content, even if it's filler stuff. So many eSports events just run adds or put up a timer and it's awful.

He's one of the most extreme examples of forcing a team to play a specific way - shutting him down so he doesn't get too strong. He's always been that way as far as I remember, and I've seen it go all sorts of ways. This felt like the most abrupt match pace change though, because the other team was in control throughout.

Does anyone know what the last item pickup PL got was before that match snowballed?

He's one of the most extreme examples of forcing a team to play a specific way - shutting him down so he doesn't get too strong. He's always been that way as far as I remember, and I've seen it go all sorts of ways. This felt like the most abrupt match pace change though, because the other team was in control throughout.

Does anyone know what the last item pickup PL got was before that match snowballed?

Butterfly.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Forar wrote: »

Techies is only good when it's on the other team. If it's on your team, it's garbage and you lose every time.

Logically impossible, but statistically true.

This is doubly true if I decide to try him out.

"Put prox mines in obnoxious places, bait people into them, add snare traps for seasoning, and then pile up remote bombs in a spot, be patient, light the fuse and walk away while 4 people die in the background, optionally while putting on sunglasses in slow motion"

Then it comes time to play and I'd probably be more effective by rolling my face across the keyboard.

Oh well. I'll keep poking at the Cavern heroes for the rest of this week and see if I can't manage to earn one of the sets while building up some extra points.

(Techies is one of my cavern heroes >.< )

Definitely gotta jump on this earlier next year. I intended to and then it just slipped my mind until the group stage was almost over.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited August 2018
    Yo Troll Warlord just got picked, that's my fucking jam. Also shocked that VGJ let Chen go again.
    Edit - VENOMANCER EVEN BETTER.

Henroid on
    I need VGJ to pick it up.

• Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    Yo Troll Warlord just got picked, that's my fucking jam. Also shocked that VGJ let Chen go again.

I main veno (badly).

This pleases me

PSN: Canadian_llama
    Disco11 wrote: »

I main veno (badly).

This pleases me
    I haven't played in years but yeah, Venomancer was one of the last heroes I picked up into my stable. I got what I was supposed to do, I just couldn't.

My thing is die but also make more of the enemy team die at the same time. Every time you have nova up go find a place to get jumped with a little backup.

He's a bullshit terrible support with no stuns though

edited August 2018
    Veno mains are scum

VishNub on
    Veno with the noble sacrifice. This is a good match.

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    OG shredding rax through backdoor protection was kind of silly.

Veno with the noble sacrifice. This is a good match.

That was a great turnaround. The Chen heal into the wyvern ugly into the veno ultimate into the lsa

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    OG is choosing the right time to start playing well this season.

Veno mains are scum

I'm wounded..... And spit poison on you all

Frozenzen wrote: »
    OG is choosing the right time to start playing well this season.

I honestly think they look better without Fly and S4.

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    Oh man, OG playing with my heart in that game 1, but defying dotaplus!!

So happy with the result of the game. I almost got a little worried during game 2, but the boys held strong. Here's hoping Secret gets up over EG, cause I'd rather OG go up against Secret >_>.

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    I hope OG face EG and beat the shit out of them.

This EG interview is the first of these I've actually enjoyed. I do appreciate Sumail keeping it real. "What am I going to do with two titles? I'll take the money."