As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This thread is for talking about things on [Television]

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Mike is boring now. He’s the only character from BB I’m done with.

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    I still remained stunned at how good American Vandal was. I totally expected a FunnyOrDie short stretched to infinity, and man was it not that.

Dillon was sketched so damned well

He sucked, a lot, like some teens do, but he self destructed under pressure he didn't ask for in an extremely well done way

I am still incredibly impressed

I had a conversation with a friend who I respect a lot about the show, and her tale on Dillon was the polar opposite of mine but still perfectly supported by the text. He’s a great character.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Mike is boring now. He’s the only character from BB I’m done with.

I love Jonathan Banks, he does good work as Mike and, even though he's had some good moments in BCS, I feel like they've pretty much said everything they needed to about his character

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Yeah season 1 BCS Mike had some amazing stuff from Banks but I feel like they are out of things for him to do.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The ONLY Emmy story I care about this year is An Emmy for Megan, and here is a great interview with her:
    http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/an-emmy-for-megan-interview-megan-amram.html
    Let’s talk about a very important thing: Your Emmy nominations. First of all, congratulations, you’re over the first hump.
    Thank you. I mean, in some ways yes, I’ll accept your congratulations. But also, I don’t think congratulations are in order until I stick the landing, because no one remembers someone getting nominated. Basically everyone is very close to getting nominated for an Emmy — everyone in the world — but I just think the greatest honor of all time would be winning one.

That’s fair.
    Thank you.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I am utterly baffled that An Emmy For Megan didn’t come up on her good place podcast ep last week

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i didn't watch breaking bad at all so mike is just some guy off to the side for me

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Eeeeey

Hulu some sort of Veronica Mars revival thing.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Sources tell Variety that a revival of the series is currently in the works at Hulu with original series star Kristen Bell poised to return as the titular detective and original series creator Rob Thomas serving as writer. Warner Bros. Television, which produced the original series, would be the studio. Sources caution, however, that the deal for the series is not yet final. It is also unknown if any other original series stars besides Bell would return or what the plot of the series would be.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    that is exciting

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    i didn't watch breaking bad at all so mike is just some guy off to the side for me

He basically did the same kind of shit in breaking bad as he’s doing here.

I mean, he’s a great actor and character, but I feel like they devote too much time in each ep showing him being hyper-competent.

• Options
    I have infinite patience and appreciation for watching Mike be hypercompetent

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Mike gets shit done.

He just looks like a dude who's been middle-aged since 1954, but he will fuck up not just your entire life, but the lives of everyone you've ever known if you cross him. However, if you look after him, he will be more loyal than your favourite pet dog.

• Options
    My problem with his hyper competence is that he has so many areas of expertise that would be well outside of the range of skills one would develop as a mid rank cop in Albuquerque.

I get that he'd be a decent fixer and have various skills related to that, but when he was doing his security consultant shit a few weeks ago... where did he learn that? Any of it?

There's also the fact that once you get to "Mike works for Gus Fring", his arc has pretty much concluded. The specifics of him arguing with Lydia or whatever don't really have much plot relevance. His story was "bad cop tries to retire and go straight and instead turns to crime". He's where he was at the beginning of Breaking Bad now and his storyline is kind of wheelspinning.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I think Veronica Mars had its time
    I love the show and I thought the movie was fine but I don't expect this to go any better than most other revivals

• Options
    I will always want to watch Ryan Hansen be a likable douchebag

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    If someone is going to revive an underseen Rob Thomas masterpiece, it really ought to be Party Down. Still for my money the funniest TV series of the 21st century to date.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    I liked party down quite a bit, but I'm fine with letting that one lie

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'd be down for more Veronica Mars, I guess

Maybe they'll actually do the Veronica Mars In The FBI thing

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I need Mindhunter to hurry up with s2

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    If someone's gonna revive an underappreciated Rob Thomas masterpiece

It absolutely has to be an anniversary tour of the Mad Season album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=969RAKkYESU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKAdQnwJ7A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNrtcG1Nfbg

Full of bops and the 20th anniversary is May 2020. The people want it!!!!!

• Options
    that joke was done better in the tv show

• Options
    Though reading about the movie I guess they'd maybe continue with that?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I dunno. I'm not a musician in any way (besides trying to learn to play the guitar for about a year and a half starting in the 7th grade), so I can't really pass judgement on a person's musical genius, but nothing Rob Thomas has ever done musically has been more enjoyable to listen to than white noise to me. I don't actively hate his creative output, I'd just rather listen to nothing than his music. He doesn't seem like a bad person so I have no doubt we could get along at a barbeque or whatever, but if he picked up a guitar and started playing, I'd probably just leave.

• Options
    smooth is a perfect song

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    re the weather in Seattle: man it's a hot one

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    re the weather in Seattle: man it's a hot one

no it's not

it's just a little bit smokey

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    that's right, i'm gonna push you around, mori

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I really fucking hate Santana so Smooth isn't my table.

• Options

Whatever! I’m not crying!!

• Options

Whatever! I’m not crying!!

i can't help you; you're bent

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    I remember Smooth was so fucking ubiquitous back in the day that I swear the radio played it three times in a row

• Options
    All the best Santana collabs were frequented on the radio in my area. Smooth, The Game of Love, I'm Feeling You, and of course Why Don't You And I <3

• Options
    smooth is a perfect song

I don't think I've ever seen you make a post that was MORE wrong in every way. And one time way back you even said I was kind of cool!

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    I dunno. I'm not a musician in any way (besides trying to learn to play the guitar for about a year and a half starting in the 7th grade), so I can't really pass judgement on a person's musical genius, but nothing Rob Thomas has ever done musically has been more enjoyable to listen to than white noise to me. I don't actively hate his creative output, I'd just rather listen to nothing than his music. He doesn't seem like a bad person so I have no doubt we could get along at a barbeque or whatever, but if he picked up a guitar and started playing, I'd probably just leave.

Matchbox Twenty Finally Finishes Watering Down Long-Awaited New Album

Sometimes the Onion just speaks to me

• Options
    Narbus wrote: »

Matchbox Twenty Finally Finishes Watering Down Long-Awaited New Album

Sometimes the Onion just speaks to me

I thought that was hilarious right up until they started shit-talking Elton John and Phil Collins.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Wherein she restarts the COINTELPRO program to target black activists

But who's that, leading up the first BLM protest she's tasked with disrupting? Why, it's Wallace Fennel!

• Options

Wherein she restarts the COINTELPRO program to target black activists

But who's that, leading up the first BLM protest she's tasked with disrupting? Why, it's Wallace Fennel!

Huh, yeah, that literally did not occur to me. That’d be fucked up!

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    My problem with his hyper competence is that he has so many areas of expertise that would be well outside of the range of skills one would develop as a mid rank cop in Albuquerque.

I get that he'd be a decent fixer and have various skills related to that, but when he was doing his security consultant shit a few weeks ago... where did he learn that? Any of it?

There's also the fact that once you get to "Mike works for Gus Fring", his arc has pretty much concluded. The specifics of him arguing with Lydia or whatever don't really have much plot relevance. His story was "bad cop tries to retire and go straight and instead turns to crime". He's where he was at the beginning of Breaking Bad now and his storyline is kind of wheelspinning.

He was a cop in Philadelphia and then he retired to Albuquerque because that’s where his daughter in law and granddaughter lived.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I loved the Veronica Mars movie, but as mentioned earlier I'm done with cop shit. Make her a cool ass private detective. Let's roll with that one.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
This discussion has been closed.