As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DOTA 2] The International 2019

• KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    I'd definitely take that result if it came up. EG seems easy to tilt if you just pick on sumail, but that's just armchair sportsing :P

Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    EG vs Secret is a hell of a slug match. Just back and forth blows.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I met BSJ!

Also this match is good

I ate an engineer
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    This is like the worst Necro player I've seen. He hasn't landed any of those Scythes.

3clipse wrote: »
    I hope OG face EG and beat the shit out of them.

Well, it's going to happen. Lets hope OG crushes them.

Klatu wrote: »

Do we not like EG for some reason?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

I personally do not like Fly and S4 for bailing on a team because they felt they deserved to win and were being held back. Same reason I don't like Arteezy.

I personally do not like Fly and S4 for bailing on a team because they felt they deserved to win and were being held back. Same reason I don't like Arteezy.
    I mean, that's not any different than any other team or player or event sport (be it e or physical / traditional). It's a crap behavior but when everyone is basically doing it...

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

I mean, that's not any different than any other team or player or event sport (be it e or physical / traditional). It's a crap behavior but when everyone is basically doing it...

You will find there are a lot of players I don't like, yes.

I am loving how weird these Dust of Appearance shorts are.

• AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    VP's coach is apparently an SCP?

Absalon on
    Absalon wrote: »
    VP's coach is apparently an SCP?

And he's in the audience!

That was a nice 10v10 teamfight to close the game for VP. Mass hysteria.

Icefrog is going to nerf buybacks. I'm almost certain.

Actually that Gabe voice pack sounds fucking hilarious.

• 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I don't know what they can do about buybacks that doesn't result in mass buybacks at some point in the endgame. They've tried so many possible solutions and none of them seem to stop it

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    edited August 2018
    Actually that Gabe voice pack sounds fucking hilarious.

If I was still actively playing dotes instead of just spectating it as a sport, I'd consider using it. But Bastion voice pack is best voice pack, so unsure I'd really change it for more than a day or two.

edit: I agree with @3clipse re: fly and s4, but will also add that N0tail is one of my fav dota personalities, so that's another reason I want OG to win.

Close fight in Game 1 of VP Mineski. I think VP will get game 2, but I feel bad for Icex3, cause he seems like a quality guy and deserves a higher finish.

Klatu on
    Boris interview best interview.

Somehow TI just gets better every year.

• AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    Boris interview best interview.

Somehow TI just gets better every year.

the dumb bits are great

the Gabe thing had me dying

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Putting Slacks and Kaci together may have created something that will one day destroy us all. But at least it will be cheerful the whole time

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
    #TeamBoris

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    I don't know what they can do about buybacks that doesn't result in mass buybacks at some point in the endgame. They've tried so many possible solutions and none of them seem to stop it

The farming penalty on buybacks did limit them a bit, but it became super awlward when good buybacks still resulted in a carry being basically unable to make up ground with farming after a buyback brought space

I ate an engineer
    Hard limit on buybacks? Probably too strict.

Buyback $$ based on % of net wealth? So it doesn't punish supports too much.

Both are probably horrible ideas if I put more than 10 secs of thought in to it. I do like the post TI balance patch tho. Seeing what the take aways from the event are.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'll be hard pressed to give up my Portal Megakill pack, but this GabeN one feels like it'd be fun to have on for a day or two at least.

Count me among those who love the silly little bits that get tucked into this thing each year. Even when I'm not playing, I'm good for at least a battlepass for some of the shenanigans and voting and whatnot.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    The buyback cost now is a combination of gane time and level iirc
    Hard limit on buybacks? Probably too strict.

Buyback $$ based on % of net wealth? So it doesn't punish supports too much.

Both are probably horrible ideas if I put more than 10 secs of thought in to it. I do like the post TI balance patch tho. Seeing what the take aways from the event are.

It is now.

100 + Networth / 13

Support buybacks are very cheap

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I'm sure this isn't an uncommon occurrence for you folks, but last night had a fairly funny juxtaposition of moments. The two teams are fairly evenly matched, slugging it out, things are going fairly fine... then one of our players disconnects like 20 seconds before we take a massive team fight and blow up pretty much everyone.

We fought on, and actually managed to hold our own fairly well, took team fights here and there, but our lineup wasn't great for split pushing, so really capitalizing on the minute or two of relief wasn't always easy. Ended up losing it, but with a 5th player I think we'd have had a solid shot at wiping them out. Edit: and yes, I know I could've left once it was officially abandoned, but I was on Sniper and having one of my better games. Not flawless by any stretch, but I was harassing the shit out of my lane, making creep kills and denies better than I usually do, it was actually a reasonably solid game, aside from the quitter.

Also, I didn't realize that the big 250 token team wagers didn't replenish, so maybe I shouldn't have been blowing through those quite so hard... >.>

I've only given it a cursory search, but does anyone know when everything for TI8 comes to an end? Not the event, that's obvious, I mean when is the last day one can do the cavern crawl, use tips, wager, hit up the under hollow, etc?

Now that the bug has bitten me, I'm tempted to at least get within reasonable buying range of the new terrain, but if things wrap up Saturday I'm probably only going to have 2 nights or less to work on it. If some of this stuff goes beyond, great, but I'm not expecting it. More like trying to manage my expectations.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited August 2018
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2mcJNVMGa0

This is AMAZING.

1:42 is maybe peak meme and it's great.

3cl1ps3 on
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Team wipe, all of your former friends.

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »

The farming penalty on buybacks did limit them a bit, but it became super awlward when good buybacks still resulted in a carry being basically unable to make up ground with farming after a buyback brought space

I feel like part of it is still that kills are just worth so little. They could probably put a CD increase on consecutive buy backs the same way they have for mass teleports. Or continue to add high level items that force a choice out of cores. But as long as high ground is still a difficult slog, buybacks will be king.

Well now I need a shiba inu dressed as CM in my life.
    Maybe I can convince my wife to let me buy our dog a Chaos Knight costume...

I'm tearing up here at this Sheever video, damn man.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    What was wrong with her? I caught the mid/end of it so missed the lead part

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote: »
    What was wrong with her? I caught the mid/end of it so missed the lead part

breast cancer

Well Godz losing it made me lose it again.

edited August 2018
    That was quite a segment. Holy cow.

It's really cool that they did that.

VishNub on
  • Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    God damn, I'm crying at work.

So happy they did this.... The look on everyone on the couch segment and the desk after just proves how strong the community is.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    "BLACK HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE" incoming.

Wow, surprised Secret got it. Grats to them I guess, figured VG would steamroll 2-0

Puppey said Make America Great Again to fuck with the interviewer. Okay, he of all people is allowed to say it.