As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Liberty or Death] Let's play all of the American Revolution! - twice! Starting on page 9.

• A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    My play assumed the French played the brilliant stroke so I’m happy with this! :)

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Sorry for confusion and back-and-forth, but it's kind of a big deal.

I'll post my orders for Treaty of Alliance in a few minutes.

• TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    I'll just sit back down on my throne here and wait.

• HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    The Ents French are Going to War

Play Treaty of Alliance
    3 French Regulars from Unavailable to West Indies
    3 British Regulars from Unavailable to West Indies
    Free French Muster: 4 French Regulars from Available to Massachusetts
    Rochambeau to Massachusetts
    Raise FNI from 0 to 1, Blockade Boston

@admanb for next card, then @A Half Eaten Oreo will be eligible.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    The British only have one regular not on the map so uh, just one poor bastard to the West Indies!

admanb on
    admanb wrote: »
    The British only have one regular not on the map so uh, just one poor bastard to the West Indies!

I don't know, getting the West Indies all to yourself while your squadmates are getting shot at in New England sounds like a pretty cushy gig to me.

Hedgethorn wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

I don't know, getting the West Indies all to yourself while your squadmates are getting shot at in New England sounds like a pretty cushy gig to me.

I feel like you haven't read the "French free battle in West Indies" part of the Winters Quarters phase.

Hey, it's only early spring now; that guy doesn't have anything to worry about for like a dozen cards or so.

Did we miss moving the casualties back into their appropriate boxes during the Reset phase of the last Winter Quarter? The casualties box at this point should only be 1 Regular from the Skirmish special action as that's the only "combat" I can see post WQ right?

Um yeah I don't want the Patriots getting two free forts so it's time for another Brilliant Stroke!.

I'll Gather in the NW to place a village, then Gather in the NW again to place three war parties. Then Trade in the SW.

@TheColonel to decide whether to give me more resources, though note that I already have two this time.

I'm still fine handing over the additional 2.

British Attack Danbury

British troops under the command of General William Tryon attack
    the town of Danbury, Connecticut, and begin destroying everything
    in sight. Facing little, if any, opposition from Patriot forces, the British
    went on a rampage, setting fire to homes, farmhouses, storehouses
    and more than 1,500 tents. After a week of destruction, Patriot
    forces led by Benedict Arnold attacked the withdrawing British force.

bgEFDUp.jpg

OVQlTza.png

British Resources: 4
    Patriot Resources: 8
    French Resources: 6
    Indian Resources: 4

Total Support: 5
    Total Opposition: 6

Cumulative British Casualties (CBC): 5
    Cumulative Rebellion Casualties (CRC): 6
    French At War

@TheColonel to play.

Asking again so it won't get missed.
    Did we miss moving the casualties back into their appropriate boxes during the Reset phase of the last Winter Quarter? The casualties box at this point should only be 1 Regular from the Skirmish special action as that's the only "combat" I can see post WQ right?

edited August 2018
    TheColonel wrote: »

Ahh you're right. I assumed the big button named Winters Quarters Phase that supposedly resets everything after WQ would actually reset everything after WQ.

So there are in fact three Regulars in the WI.

admanb on
    It does occur to me that we're at yet another moment where two factions with Brilliant Strokes available are eligible and facing an opposing first action, so @Hedgethorn @A Half Eaten Oreo to potentially interrupt.

This is the roughest part of this game for PbP. Luckily we won't have this mechanic when I inevitably run Cuba Libre.

Side note: man this gets tough for the Brits, especially with the French on the field.

That said I am enjoying the game a good deal. Thanks again for running this admanb!

That said I am enjoying the game a good deal. Thanks again for running this admanb!

Of course!

My recommendation to the Brits as your ally* is to look the the south and focus on building support to force the Rebellion armies to come to you, thus allowing you to arrange more favorable battles. There are occasions when the British want to go on the offense, but relying on casualties for their VP condition means they need to be able to bring overwhelming force to bear (often requiring a double-move of some sort) to make it worth while.

*"ally"

I won't Brilliant Stroke the Danbury card.

Also pass on Brilliant Stroke.

Muster in Savannah
    Pay 1 Resource
    Place 2 Tories in Savannah
    Reward Loyalty in Savannah for 1 Resource bringing Savannah to Active Support

Special Action
    Skirmish in Charles Town. Remove 1 Patriot Regular

It’s on @Hedgethorn right?

It's on @admanb as next Eligible to either play a Limited Command or the Event.

It's on @admanb as next Eligible to either play a Limited Command or the Event.

I keep messing up upcoming and current. Nvm me.

Indians will Gather in the SW, placing three war parties.

Johnson's Royal Greens

A Loyalist Regiment was raised in 1776 from among the Tories of
    Tryon County, New York, and from among Canadians by Sir John
    Johnson. It was best known as the “Royal Greens” by the Patriots,
    who particularly hated the men on account of their inhumanity in
    the field.

3PU2lqs.jpg

YNv8OsP.png

British Resources: 2
    Patriot Resources: 8
    French Resources: 6
    Indian Resources: 4

Total Support: 6
    Total Opposition: 6

Cumulative British Casualties (CBC): 5
    Cumulative Rebellion Casualties (CRC): 7
    French At War

@Hedgethorn to play.

Total Support should be 8 right?
    Savannah 2
    New York 4
    Boston 2

French blockade zeroes out the support in Boston, I think.

That's super rough. Given that there's only one way (special activity) to reliably remove them. Alright.

edited August 2018
    Hedgethorn wrote: »
    French blockade zeroes out the support in Boston, I think.

Technically what it does is zero out the population for the purpose of calculating Support.

... I don't know if that distinction has any effect anywhere in the game, but it sure is one they make.
    That's super rough. Given that there's only one way (special activity) to reliably remove them. Alright.

Luckily there's only one way to place them. :P Note that Howe also lowers FN whenever you take any special activity, so you can potentially drop it two in one action.

admanb on
    Pass. French gain 2 resources.

@A Half Eaten Oreo can take a Command + Special Action. If you want to move our combined forces to Boston along with Washington, we might be able to take Control and gain Support there on my next action. Your choice though.

I think we’re going to be Rousing some rabbles. Heading to work atm so won’t be able to post order for a bit.

Rabble-Rousing in:
    Georgia
    Virginia
    Maryland/Delaware
    Pennsylvania
    New York
    Connecticut/Rhode Island
    For 6 total resources spend.

Partisans
    In Quebec activating 2 militia and removing one to remove 1 War Party and 1 Regular. (If this is allowed if not 2 blocks I am allowed to remove).

@Hedgethorn think it’s you if I can read cards.

@admanb for the next card while I plot my move.

First eligible on Marquis de Lafayette:

Muster Move 4 French Regulars from Available to New York, paying 2 resources
    Naval Pressure on New York City, raising FNI to 2 and moving one Blockade from West Indies to NYC

@TheColonel will be up next, but maybe you want to wait for @admanb to reveal the next card.

Hell of a swing by the Rebellion.