As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

So how are the digital swag bags working this year? And PAX XP?

SweetCosmicPopeSweetCosmicPope Just Some DudeLake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
I'm curious if anybody know how the digital swag bags work this year, and PAX XP for that matter.
I've updated the PAX app and have the schedule and such on there now, but there's no PAX XP subsection or a swag subsection.

Anybody go to the other PAXes where they're rolled this out? I just don't want to miss out on anything cool.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Those parts of the app won't be live until closer to the show, but they will be there.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • every day's greatevery day's great Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    They don't seem to be live just yet - no signs of digital swag bags yet, and still "coming soon" on paxxp.com.

The physical swag bags had been getting a lot leaner, and I almost regretted trying to get one last year, but I miss the goodies we used to get - like Magic starter decks, CAH cards and other mini-games, eyedrops, hand sanitizer, energy bars, etc.. Hopefully the digital "swag bags" will have something good like game download codes, DLC codes, steam/gog codes, and/or beta access codes. And I hope any discounts/credits are something awesome - like a discount on PSN or the Nintendo eShop, rather than something like "$30 off an expensive gaming laptop" or "10 energy crystals for a crappy mobile game."

every day's great on
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    They don't seem to be live just yet - no signs of digital swag bags yet, and still "coming soon" on paxxp.com.

The physical swag bags had been getting a lot leaner, and I almost regretted trying to get one last year, but I miss the goodies we used to get - like Magic starter decks, CAH cards and other mini-games, eyedrops, hand sanitizer, energy bars, etc.. Hopefully the digital "swag bags" will have something good like game download codes, DLC codes, steam/gog codes, and/or beta access codes. And I hope any discounts/credits are something awesome - like a discount on PSN or the Nintendo eShop, rather than something like "$30 off an expensive gaming laptop" or "10 energy crystals for a crappy mobile game."

On Pax East this year a couple of indie devs were giving out codes for their previous games after you demo'd the upcoming one or offered pins. But that was the exception, most were some discounts or downright ads. Let's see if West is any better.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • SweetCosmicPopeSweetCosmicPope Just Some Dude Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    FYI, got PAX XP added yesterday to my app and was able to log in but it still said coming soon. Today, it has my info and how to play PAX XP. Also Pinny Arcade is on there with instructions on how to get the pins. No word yet on digital swag.

The digital swag bags aren't in my app either. Have other people gotten them yet?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    It's the "PAX Show Specials" tab

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • OmniscientlyMeOmniscientlyMe Registered User regular
    They're not really swag, just advertisements for swag.

whypick1 wrote: »
    It's the "PAX Show Specials" tab
    Seriously? If so, that's really disappointing!!
    Pretty much.

Regarding PAX XP, it hasn't worked at all for me. I had to take pictures of all the QR codes and bring them to the PAX XP help desk to get credit. They said that the app has been buggy and not working for a lot of people.

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2018
    Pretty much.
    So, digital versions of what the last few years has presented, adverts and not much else.
    Regarding PAX XP, it hasn't worked at all for me. I had to take pictures of all the QR codes and bring them to the PAX XP help desk to get credit. They said that the app has been buggy and not working for a lot of people.
    Mine kept asking for the number on the badge, and when I scanned a QR code an E had, it complained that I hadn't linked my badges (even tho I did on the 'registration' page).

I quit trying shortly after. It was a good idea, but a bad implementation on the client side

bacon_avenger on
    PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • OmniscientlyMeOmniscientlyMe Registered User regular
    Yeah, my Fri badge never linked and often had to be swiped several times at the reader stations. The XP site was overloaded and unreachable fairly often.