As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Shovel Knight] Strike the Earth!

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Well done to the guys at Yacht Club! Shovel Knight really is one of those games that deserves the lot.

I hope its success means we get a Shovel Knight 2 sometime down the line.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The news got me on a Shovel Knight kick, so I finished up all the feats for SK. That speedrun feat was pretty tricky. Then I thought I'd combine the no dying one with NG+, because it didn't seem that much harder. And it wasn't terribly. But boy was I sweating on the boss rush.

I also wish they didn't disable feats when using the amiibo, but I can see why. So I have to do another playthrough to level it up. But boy is it really fun and interesting with the whole whack of new relics and abilities you get!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    I hope we get a release date. It was intended for spring, and it's getting close to autumn.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Of course King Knight would be the grandest of them all!

• AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm still hoping they do Super Shovel Knight at some point with 16 or 32 bit aesthetic.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Super Shield Knight.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: Β»
    Super Shield Knight.
    We definitely got to get her playable in the next one.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I'm still hoping they do Super Shovel Knight at some point with 16 or 32 bit aesthetic.

And they go absolutely bananas with Mode 7 scaling and rotation and such.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: Β»
    I would've gladly given them more money for all the DLC that's come out for the game so far.
    This is what steam gifting is good for. You can give the developer more money AND share a game you love with someone! Its win/win!

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    A small part of me is sad that they are taking away one of my few 100% games on steam, but most of me can't wait for another three runs through Shovel Knight. I hope they don't abandon the universe/genre though. They really nailed it on every metric I care about. It is such a joy to play.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    It's the multiplayer expansion. $9.99 on it's own, free to the Treasure Trove. That brings about 5 games worth of content to the Treasure Trove... :hydra: No release date for either Showdown or King of Cards.

KoopahTroopah on
    No release date for either Showdown or King of Cards.
    Fuuuuucccckkk..

I just want to point out that the team has delivered on every, single, one of their kickstarter promises.

Full game, plus 3 boss DLCs expansions, multiplayer mode, gender swap bonus, OSTs etc.

edited August 2018
    Playable Shield Knight!

*squeals and does lil hummingbird claps*

I don't know what it is, sword and board is the least interesting weapon set up in the world to me but rocking the Captain America fist and thrown shield style is one of my favorite things ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr81mmA_inA

Dr. Chaos on
    "I'm just an assist trophy, Sakurai?! Fine, I'm gonna go make my own fighting game! With blackjack! And hookers!"

Shovel Knight's spirit cannot rest until he is in every platform fighter known to man, even his own.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Multiplayer looks frantic as all hell. Excited to coop it a bit. I love that there are other knights playable besides the ones that have campaigns.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wait, they are adding smash bros to shovel knight?

38thDoE on steam

edited August 2018
    No release date for either Showdown or King of Cards.
    Fuuuuucccckkk..

@Dr. Chaos soon...
    Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about King of Cards either! We’re nearing the end of development on what is by far our biggest and most grandest singleplayer campaign yet! Stay tuned for information on the final release date... later this week!

KoopahTroopah on
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I finished this game without knowing that I was not supposed to destroy the "checkpoints"
    FML

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    You must have got some fat loot though

Oh brilliant
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I can't really tell because I died so much at some point that I have less gold than what I started out with
    Took me like 20 hours
    I blame Dead Cells and Hollow Knight for conditioning me to hit everything

Peas on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: Β»
    I finished this game without knowing that I was not supposed to destroy the "checkpoints"
    FML

Thats just Hard mode

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    Well you saved yourself a play through.

38thDoE on steam

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Good news! King of Cards has a release date! Bad news...
    Yacht Club Games has plenty of more Shovel Knight
    content to come, and the developer is now finally ready to share when the King of Cards, Showdown, and more are coming.

IGN can exclusively reveal that Shovel Knight: King of Cards, the third and final story-based expansion, will be released on April 9, 2019. Shovel Knight Showdown, previously revealed earlier this week by IGN, will also be released on April 9.

Other notes: Physical copy of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will be released for PS4 and Switch on the same day for $40.
    The Shovel Knight amiibo 3-pack will also release that day.

Yikes. That's pretty much a full year after the original release date.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
    Yeah, that's rough. Although it's basically both expansions on the same day.

I want that Amiibo three pack.

edited August 2018
    Good lord. Thats going to be a rough wait.

Wonder why King of Cards is taking so long in comparison to the others. Are they just knee deep in both Showdown and KOC and the former ended up becoming bigger than they originally planned? Sounds like it.

Dr. Chaos on
    Good lord. Thats going to be a rough wait.

Wonder why King of Cards is taking so long in comparison to the others. Are they just knee deep in both Showdown and KOC and the former ended up becoming bigger than they originally planned? Sounds like it.

In their Kickstarter email they mentioned wanting to release all of the versions at the same time instead of releasing them as soon as they can for each system. I imagine that is a big factor as getting versions approved and ready to go before physical is a tight schedule.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: Β»
    FML

That's awesome though. I'd like to go back and do a run where I destroy all the checkpoints.

I have the game on steam, a physical ds copy, and I think I want to get that switch physical copy too.

Steam: offday
    So what happened to the new expansion? I searched for news but most of the hits were talking about a Shovel Knight boardgame kickstarter that got cancelled. I guess they are going to make two versions of it one with minis one with standees, which is really awesome of them, because minis really bloat the prices. They are supposed to relaunch the kickstarter next month. Meanwhile apparently no updated release date for King of Cards or Shovel Knight Smash Bros. ._.

Also, the girls wanted me to do chalk with them and I ended up making this.
    x2l2om46woak.jpg

Polar Knight is pretty cool.

38thDoE on steam

I'm sure it's still being worked on, it seemed pretty far along in the last trailer I saw.

edited July 2019
    https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/02/19/shovel-knight-king-of-cards-showdown-and-amiibo-delayed

It seems like the latest news is that they delayed it from the April release for "at least several months", I would still expect it to release this year. The last trailer did look really really good. I also want the amiibos for the order of no quarter.

KoopahTroopah on
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    They aren't going to announce a new date until everything is finalized, to keep it from getting delayed again.

Holy crap, an actual brand new Shovel Knight game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRGOF9d7yoU

I'm digging the artstyle, I hope they use something like this for a proper sequel.

Also, new trailers for King of Cards and Shovel Knight Showdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WbDSCvS610
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt9Aa8jy_Dk

edited August 2019
    The love child of Steam World Dig and Shovel Knight has been revealed.

This is going to be my jam.

Dr. Chaos on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I thought it would be a Steamworld crossover but I guess nobody owns the word "Dig".

Sorta looks like Shovel Knight and Mr Driller?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    I hope something comes out soon. It’s been too long.

38thDoE on steam

All three of those videos look fucking awesome. I am very excited.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I think shovel knight dig looks hella rad!!