As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP • Monster of the Week] City of New Eden (1980's) [OOC]

1235»

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Yeah, both of those are valid.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    I am not dead, but today was a crazy day. I will get everything caught up tomorrow.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    (it being what 2am or something your time; get some sleep, we'll be fine :P)

discrider on
    @Egos @Reynolds @Fencingsax
    Are we heading to someone (else)'s place to examine this bird (and heal my face) or do we want to go to the haunted house directly?

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I was thinking somewhere else to try and figure out what is going on before diving right into the belly of the beast

Egos on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Regrouping and figuring out a tactical plan isn't a bad idea.

HE would be up in the museum somewhere, from what I see -- youre still outside with Michael and Bariel

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    How's investigating work in this game? Does everyone take one shot in the scene they are in and then move somewhere else?

Or is it for each thing of interest in the scene?

Basically, now that we've found the piles of sand, can I roll again to ask more questions about it?

(You need to split up to look for clues)

Yeah, we did that, and I get it.

I'm just wondering if it's, one shot to ask per scene. So, we already found some stuff here, questions are over, move on? Or, you found stuff in the bushes by looking, so now dig more and ask again?

(I sorta wanted to just play this game as Scooby-Doo characters, but that would've required an entire player cast controlled by people in on the joke)

If there is some way you can investigate that hasn't already been covered, it might require a re-roll. But you call can't just line-up and each take an investigate roll because you're 'looking around.' That kinda goes agains the narrative nature of the game. This game is all about 'falling forward' so even if you fail something, you're not going to walk away completely empty handed.

I mean look at what clues we've discovered so far: Mysterious dogs, Mysterious Sand, Dark Energy that Counters Divine Magic, and a Museum Exhibit that has something to do with Egypt. You all have found out a lot, even with not having a 100% success rate. Also, @Auralynx make sure you take an XP for missing that Use Magic check.

But basically, no -- you don't need to make another roll to 'investigate' the sand.

Got it. Thanks.

I'll wait for Aura to tell me what he found, then we probably need to head into the museum to meet up with jdark

I accidently left my Rulebook on my nightstand because I was reading it last night. So I don't have it at work with me today. I have the reference sheets for the Storyteller and Player moves and whatnot, but if I miss a detail we will all as a group just have to move past it, somehow. If we stick together we can all get through this.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Truly, a Dark time in our National Consciousness

Fencingsax on
    edited August 2018
    discrider wrote: »
    (I sorta wanted to just play this game as Scooby-Doo characters, but that would've required an entire player cast controlled by people in on the joke)

(Like Scooby+Shaggy is clearly a Monstrous with Hunger(Anything edible), Animal form (to switch to Scooby), +1 ongoing whilst fleeing (+1 ongoing whilst chasing due to fleeing too hard))
    (Or perhaps Vulnerability (Monsters) instead of the hunger one which doesn't follow the rules precisely :P)

discrider on
    edited August 2018
    If we ever reach the point where we enhance and can create another hunter- I'd be glad to create Shaggy :D

Is it safe to use magic in the library or would it be noticed? Or depends how it's used/what kind?

Egos on
    Depends on what you're attempting to accomplish. If you miss, I can't promise what will or won't happen.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Can we assume that Michael and Briael are in the museum as well, now?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    Can we assume that Michael and Briael are in the museum as well, now?

Yeah, I tagged that in at the end of the post. Assume you've caught up.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Briael is currently in the process of becoming familiar enough with the museum to have "visited it before" for Angel Wings purposes, if that wasn't clear. He may take a more-active role if Josh / Michael can't deal with the human element, though.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

So the Megadeth-shirt-wearing assistant puts us in at least '85, if anyone is wondering. :P

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Auralynx wrote: »
    So the Megadeth-shirt-wearing assistant puts us in at least '85, if anyone is wondering. :P

We're in a Goldbergs-esque nebula of the 80's decade in its entirety. :D

Back to work tomorrow and will get everything back on track.

Yesterday was crazy, and I admit I spent all evening playing Destiny 2. But getting on track now! Standby!

Magic, it's assumed we left the library and went to the estate in your post , right?

Egos wrote: »
    Magic, it's assumed we left the library and went to the estate in your post , right?

(I don't think so.. I took it as more "Meanwhile...")

Egos wrote: »

It was a cut-away to what is currently happening elsewhere, while you are at the library.

Hey -- heads up, game is NOT dead. But the other producer in my department (we share a workload) is in-and-out with West Nile Virus (the fuck?) so I am having to absorb his workload as much as I can while he's working through that shit. I will try to get a post today or tomorrow morning!