As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Odd TV problem

UncleChetUncleChet N00bLancaster, PARegistered User regular
Okay so my TV has a problem. It was recently moved with the entertainment center from one wall in my apt to another. I have it hooked up to a source selector (cheap gamestop one) over component to my PS3/360/Wii. When viewing content on the 360/PS3 (haven't booted up the wii) there is a color bar that works it's way up the screen. Well, there are two actually, one greenish and one purpleish. Is my tv fuxored or is it likely the switch box that needs replaced? This is pretty frustrating as its' been beautiful before the move and now has this color bar problem.

I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
UncleChet on

• BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Take the selector box out of the equation. Run your cable straight from the PS3/360 to the TV. If the line disappears, it's the box that's teh problem.

BubbaT on
  • UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Duh! I should have thought of that little test. It's a bit of a pain but will clearly point out where the problem is. Thanks Bubba!

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
This discussion has been closed.