As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

'18 cosplayers

2»

• Options
    bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    rorshack6 wrote: »
    I'll be cosplaying as chun li on Saturday and mystery girl from Steven universe on Sunday. Also I know I'm going to be alone most of the con. The group I go with all have very different taste. So if anyone wants to wait in lines for demos and check out the main floor with me then let me know!

I'm hitting the capcom booth for the DMC5 demo

Yes! If you have an instagram add me. @bubblegum22cosplay you can message me on there for when you wana meet up and wait in line xD lol if that doesn't work we can also set up a time and place to meet up before hand. Yaaaay for pax friends

• Options
    TeamBlitzJaegerTeamBlitzJaeger Registered User new member
    blitz from rainbow 6 and just finished my shield

back shield handle
    https://imgur.com/r7rUEsE
    back of shield
    https://imgur.com/LBMB2o3
    front of shield
    https://imgur.com/iR7vWD7
    lights
    https://imgur.com/YxbumU2

• Options
    kaZombiekaZombie AlbertaRegistered User regular
    decided to commit and go full fallout for both days. I have a sole survivor I am wearing on friday. Saturday I have a more casual vault theme dress I made that I'm going to wear.

• Options
    Mister missfortuneMister missfortune Registered User regular
    I'll be doing a male version of captain missfortune Friday sat and possibley roronoa zoro timeskip from one piece Sunday monday.
    gp4jy3sojh2f.jpg

• Options
    bubblegirl22bubblegirl22 portlandRegistered User regular
    I'll be doing a male version of captain missfortune Friday sat and possibley roronoa zoro timeskip from one piece Sunday monday.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/no/gp4jy3sojh2f.jpg

That is awesome

• Options
    okami423 okami423 Registered User new member
    I'll be in my raptorian pharah cosplay from Overwatch Friday and Sunday. Not sure how long I'll wear it each day since it's a pretty clunky armor set and it's my first PAX

• Options
    essielessieessielessie Registered User new member
    I'll be there Friday and Saturday in Brigitte armor from Overwatch!

• Options
    ProGreedProGreed Registered User regular
    Last minute question for any of you who have experience with cosplay; I'm going as a Titanfall 2 pilot and have an accompanying pistol. It is a multi piece 3D printed gun. Will I need to paint the tip orange? It doesn't look at all realistic (to me) but I want to be sure it gets passed weapons check. On that note, I have never cosplayed before... Where is the weapons check located?olhdt433i0bf.jpg

• Options
    midnamidna Greater Seattle AreaRegistered User regular
    ProGreed wrote: »
    Last minute question for any of you who have experience with cosplay; I'm going as a Titanfall 2 pilot and have an accompanying pistol. It is a multi piece 3D printed gun. Will I need to paint the tip orange? It doesn't look at all realistic (to me) but I want to be sure it gets passed weapons check. On that note, I have never cosplayed before... Where is the weapons check located?olhdt433i0bf.jpg

This looks like it could be considered to be "realistic." I mean, from a distance, it would be hard to tell. I would definitely at least paint the tip orange, if not actually glue an orange tip to it, as the rules specify that all guns must have an orange tip. Keep in mind that security will probably be slightly tighter too, since the Jacksonville event.

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

[ ] Badges [ ] time off [ ] cosplay

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular

either this year or last pax prime started requiring orange tips on their weapons. I think it's because east does, so requiring orange tips across all pax makes it uniform and easy to remember. it didn't used to be this way but in light of recent events I don't think anyone can complain.

I just painted the tips of my fake handguns, they are pretty obviously fake though (complete with fake firing sounds!).

I'm on my phone (which is very dumb) so I can't verify it for this year, but in the past weapons check and peace bonding has been by the info booth as you reach the top of the main escalators (but before you go through the double doors that lead to freeway park/expo hall, where all the convention staff check badges). there will be enforcers there that will make sure the weapon is safe.

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    RiDE wrote: »
    Last minute question for any of you who have experience with cosplay; I'm going as a Titanfall 2 pilot and have an accompanying pistol. It is a multi piece 3D printed gun. Will I need to paint the tip orange? It doesn't look at all realistic (to me) but I want to be sure it gets passed weapons check. On that note, I have never cosplayed before... Where is the weapons check located?

either this year or last pax prime started requiring orange tips on their weapons. I think it's because east does, so requiring orange tips across all pax makes it uniform and easy to remember. it didn't used to be this way but in light of recent events I don't think anyone can complain.

I just painted the tips of my fake handguns, they are pretty obviously fake though (complete with fake firing sounds!).

I'm on my phone (which is very dumb) so I can't verify it for this year, but in the past weapons check and peace bonding has been by the info booth as you reach the top of the main escalators (but before you go through the double doors that lead to freeway park/expo hall, where all the convention staff check badges). there will be enforcers there that will make sure the weapon is safe.

Thank you for all the great information! I also have a "data knife" from Titanfall... Probably won't pass weapons check?
    noxihbsep3o3.jpg

• Options
    midna wrote: »
    Last minute question for any of you who have experience with cosplay; I'm going as a Titanfall 2 pilot and have an accompanying pistol. It is a multi piece 3D printed gun. Will I need to paint the tip orange? It doesn't look at all realistic (to me) but I want to be sure it gets passed weapons check. On that note, I have never cosplayed before... Where is the weapons check located?

This looks like it could be considered to be "realistic." I mean, from a distance, it would be hard to tell. I would definitely at least paint the tip orange, if not actually glue an orange tip to it, as the rules specify that all guns must have an orange tip. Keep in mind that security will probably be slightly tighter too, since the Jacksonville event.

Ok, I'll be sure to paint the tip orange and I'm definitely expecting tighter security due to that horrible event. Thank you for your response!

• Options
    RiDERiDE the WORST! Hotel CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thank you for all the great information! I also have a "data knife" from Titanfall... Probably won't pass weapons check?

I have never tried to bring a blade so hopefully someone with more experience can come along to confirm but it's my understanding that it has to be soft enough that it can't penetrate skin; so if that knife could stab someone (even theoretically) then it won't be allowed in.

"Try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a damned fool about it."
  • Options
    XalaraXalara Registered User regular
    RiDE wrote: »

noxihbsep3o3.jpg

Out of curiosity did it pass weapons check?