As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Spider-Man] Speeder and Miles Webs Prower 10/20/23

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    No black suit is actually pretty interesting/a positive to me becuase it might mean they have big plans for the symbiote/Venom in a sequel and want to save the impact.

Its pretty much the only reason I could think of not to include since its pretty much his second most popular costume.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Costume
    There is at least one black suit in that line up, maybe two, depending on the lighting.

Neither one is the symbiote suit

I recognize more than half of those!

Most of them look great!
    Oh yea that's what we've been saying. The Symbiote suit is the black suit people were asking about. We said before there are plenty of other black suits in the game but they only ever said "no symbiotes"

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Spidey sure does have a lot of costumes for a guy who has spent most of his career sewing them himself. Maybe if he'd just stick with a look, he wouldn't be so strapped for cash all the time.

At the very least, fewer costumes would give him more time to go out and get PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN!

Ninja Snarl P on
  • TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok guys. I'm having trouble finding this game on Amazon. Like just the normal $60 version. I can't seem to find it on there to preorder it.

I've found their listing for the Digital Deluxe code version, and I've found a listing for an out-of-stock big honkin' collectors edition, but I can't find just the plain old $60 edition.

Amazon and Sony have been in a spat for the past couple months so you cannot pre-order any first party Sony game physical copies through them.

Amazon now has physical copies of the standard edition available. The issue seems to have been their Prime 20% off discount as it just ended yesterday. It's been replaced by a $10 Amazon credit.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    the post launch stuff is now detailed https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/08/28/marvels-spider-man-post-launch-content-revealed/#sf196403331

Short bullet points, one each in Oct/Nov/Dec
    23rd October – Marvel’s Spider-Man: The Heist
    November – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Turf Wars
    December – Marvel’s Spider-Man: Silver Lining

Curious how long each of these little chapters will be. Maybe an hour or so? More?

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I love how we have to go through the DLC Song & Dance of Righteous Indignation yet again.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I love how we have to go through the DLC Song & Dance of Righteous Indignation yet again.

What do you mean?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

What do you mean?

Anticipatory being offended at people being offended, I'm guessing.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    There are a bunch of posts over on Twitter and Reddit raging about how pretty much any content even conceived before the release date should have been in the base game and therefore free. When Insomniac told them the content wasn't being developed until after the base game went gold and won't be finished until October, they were told they should have delayed the game until October.

Your mistake was reading Twitter and Reddit.

Hah, good lord... unsurprising to see it coming from Twitter and Reddit, though. Here I am just happy they're detailing the post launch content instead of leaving it a mystery.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Here I am just happy they're detailing the post launch content instead of leaving it a mystery.

Yeah, I feel like it's a no-win scenario for devs though. You lay out the plan for post-launch content and you get hammered for not including it in the base game. You leave it a mystery and you're being shady selling a product with no details available.

cloudeagle wrote: »

Reddit and Twitter have their positive uses as well. Not everything is black and white.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That JJJ trailer made me break my never preorder rule. Done preordered. Whoops!

Oh brilliant
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Here I am just happy they're detailing the post launch content instead of leaving it a mystery.

Yeah, I feel like it's a no-win scenario for devs though. You lay out the plan for post-launch content and you get hammered for not including it in the base game. You leave it a mystery and you're being shady selling a product with no details available.

Reddit and Twitter have their positive uses as well. Not everything is black and white.
    To be fair, there's a LOT of black and white on Reddit and Twitter. His criticism is fully justified and earned by those platforms.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    I just want to know if Frank shows up.

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I can't blame Twitter and reddit for being up in arms about the game's release. How dare the devs not have it in my lap this very INSTANT?!?!

(For real, though: I do hate when DLC is detailed prior to release for the purpose of selling an Annual Pass or pre-orders, especially when it seems like they have this fully-realized thing that probably could have made it into the retail release... but from what I've heard, Spider-Man's DLC was written by a dude who was hired after the game already went gold, and it contains content that's being developed after the full game is complete and heading off to cert and stores. I'm cool with a dev deciding that they want to keep developing on top of the full experience and making more money off of providing additional post-release content.)

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    I see the black and metal Spidey Armor I think, and the 90's animated Series suit looks awesome. Oh, and Spiderman 2099.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    edited August 2018
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

To be fair, there's a LOT of black and white on Reddit and Twitter. His criticism is fully justified and earned by those platforms.

I'll admit Twitter is hard to salvage, but Reddit isn't that bad if you stick to the smaller subs. The hate subs are easy to ignore, and they mostly just spill over to the default subs, leaving smaller subs mostly unharmed.

Edit: Honestly Twitter isn't half bad if you just follow cool/interesting accounts and just never read the random replies ever.

To be back on topic, I went ahead and paid off my preorder. Picking it up at 9pm on the 6th. Haven't been this hyped for a game since BOTW.

Dirty on
    Oh right. Speaking of social media dipshittery, there's apparently a clutch of neckbeards that are pissed that Spider-Man is platform exclusive, so their idea of getting revenge is to spread as many spoilers as possible. So be wary.

• OctavianOctavian Registered User regular
    It's a good thing that my idea of getting revenge back on them is just enjoying the heck out of some great video games.

PSN: TitusPullo13
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    For real, though: I do hate when DLC is detailed prior to release for the purpose of selling an Annual Pass or pre-orders, especially when it seems like they have this fully-realized thing that probably could have made it into the retail release.

I feel like the period of time between going gold and release is really the perfect time to lay out the DLC plans. The base game is finished and the DLC is starting to take shape. Potential season pass buyers deserve to have some information before launch.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh right. Speaking of social media dipshittery, there's apparently a clutch of neckbeards that are pissed that Spider-Man is platform exclusive, so their idea of getting revenge is to spread as many spoilers as possible. So be wary.

There's also the Raimi suit group.

One of them was saying to the devs that "we" are very disappointed that they didn't include such obvious favorites and that it was a mistake by Insomniac. And any responses from Insomniac explaining their reasoning for anything is met with "what a shitty excuse"

Nerds are legit crazy I tell ya.

It would be a notable omission if it's not there, the Raimi movies are a big milestone in the franchise's history, and for a game that seems to be so dang diligent in its admiration for Spiderman, just seems weird to leave it out.

But! As far as I've seen, Insomniac hasn't ruled it out so much as they've teased the heck out of it. If it's not in the base game, it is surely on the DLC docket.

Oh brilliant
    It is weird, considering the game is a Sony exclusive.

I prefer the MCU costumes over the Raimi ones, though so I'm good :P

Spidey has had gazillions of alt costumes over the years, so other than the black suit it's really hard to point to any of them as an obvious omission.

Well, except this one.
    ASM258_02.jpg

Costumes spoiler
    just saw that Pete's homemade hoodie costume is in there, as well as the Civil War and Iron Spider suits. Pretty excited about all three of those!

I wonder if the latter will feature the robo legs? I imagine they'd be a lot of extra work for one specific costume, but it'd be cool to see...

Oh brilliant
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Costumes spoiler
    just saw that Pete's homemade hoodie costume is in there, as well as the Civil War and Iron Spider suits. Pretty excited about all three of those!

I wonder if the latter will feature the robo legs? I imagine they'd be a lot of extra work for one specific costume, but it'd be cool to see...

Costumes
    I could see the MCU Iron Spider suit having it's legs for a special ability, like the Spider-Punk suit's Sonic attack with an electric guitar

I love Spider-Man and I love the (first 2) Raimi movies. But I really can't bring myself to give even the tiniest shit about the suit's inclusion. I just don't understand how someone can be so passionate about something that doesn't really matter at all. There are so many worthy targets of your vitriol out in the world, why unleash it on a company that makes things to entertain you just because it's only 99% of what you want?

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Spidey has had gazillions of alt costumes over the years, so other than the black suit it's really hard to point to any of them as an obvious omission.

Well, except this one.
    ASM258_02.jpg

Wasn't that in the first PS1 spider-man game?

*Googles*

Oh my god it actually was.

Enlong on
    edited August 2018
    The Raimi films get cheesier and harder to watch every year for me but that costume is still great though.

Don't really care about it being missing in this on the other hand. The comic book costumes should take priority and good lord he's got a lot of them.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular

Well, except this one.
    ASM258_02.jpg
    Apparently it's in there sans Fantastic 4. Just shirtless

The scene scene in Spider-Man 2 in the operating room with Doc Ock's tentacles is just pure classic Raimi, and I love it. I like McGuire less and less as Peter/Spidey with every Spider-Man 1 and 2 rewatch, though.

Super pumped to be a week away from the game, though! Well, 8 days. The biennial state inspection of my lab is on the 6th. So either the game is going to be my reward for a job well done, or my "cheer-up, they probably wont fire you" consolation prize...

I just hope Mary Jane isn't terrible becuase I feel like she's going to get a sizable amount of screentime in this game.

I'm not typically a fan of her because she tends to be written as the most cliche comic book girlfriend ever and she's apparently Lois Lane lite in this one so this incarnation not starting off on a good foot with me.

Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    I just hope Mary Jane isn't terrible becuase I feel like she's going to get a sizable amount of screentime in this game.

I'm not typically a fan of her because she tends to be written as the most cliche comic book girlfriend ever and she's apparently Lois Lane lite in this one so this incarnation not starting off on a good foot with me.

She has a big role in the book.

I was just having a convo with my GF about her characterization there and how she is actually a very well done superhero GF.

So if that's the characterization they are going for in the game I think she will be pretty good.

All stuff from the book in here which all takes place before the game.
    She beats up a mugger, is working on her own career and doesn't want her life to revolve around being Spider-Man's GF. She is investigating some dangerous stuff and makes it very clear to Peter that it is unfair for him to say she can't put herself in danger when he does every day as they are both working to make the world better. She does not accept taking shit from him despite the fact that he worries a lot. She does not complain about him needing to take calls constantly and bail out of dates due to important hero stuff. She knows it's important and she fully understands that it's what he needs to do even if it's not easy for either of them.

What's the time gap between the book and the game? IIRC, in the game (light story spoilers)
    Peter and MJ have been broken up for a while. Months or something, and the game picks up where they've just started talking again.

edited August 2018
    What's the time gap between the book and the game? IIRC, in the game (light story spoilers)
    Peter and MJ have been broken up for a while. Months or something, and the game picks up where they've just started talking again.

Not sure actually and I my google-fu is failing me.

edit: Got the answer. Game starts 6 months after the novel ends.

DemonStacey on
    For folks into photo modes this game seems to have the coolest one ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0IjMXt0U0

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Dang, that makes me think of a really great minigame.

You do your normal Spidey patrols but before you start fighting some crooks, you web up your camera on a timer. Then you commence the fight, but spidey-sense is attuned to the camera so you can time landing hits for maximum action shots. You retrieve the camera and pick the best shots to sell, with better rewards for better pics.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Well, except this one.
    ASM258_02.jpg

My supposition is
    Bare chest will Bagman, they didn't/couldn't negotiate for FF suit rights

• GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Bioware having some fun with the graphical downgrade controversy/nonsense:

https://youtu.be/yQph-_imtDY

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G