As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PbP] Dungeon World - Fortress of the Ur-Mage: All is Lost (Ur-Mage Victory)

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Your courage is so noted.
    Like it’ll make a difference

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I'll go ahead and write down "brass balls" under the inventory section.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Gonna go ahead and post my fella's character sheet too.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    This sounds amazing!

Have some BLOOOOOOD!!!

• Options
    I’ll have a character created tomorrow. @Matev

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    That's close enough to my self-imposed threshold.

I'm in.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Good morning folks! A couple points of housekeeping:

@saber_of_black I saw you’d mentioned you’d have 4 crusaders signing up with you, got a last straggler? Did you want your team to proceed as just 4? Or did you want to snag a 5th from the fine peoples assembled here? No pressure, just let me know.

In that vein, I suppose I’ll make my first clarification. Per standard forum game rules, please include the GM on any game pertinent private communications, including PMs, proboards, etc.

Everyone! The Sundered World and Fortress need you! Remember, we want to know about the world around us (though admittedly that’s not the most pressing issue at hand) and if you want to start this brutal dungeon with an extra level advantage, submit your fill in the blank prompts to me! Remember, this is your chance to not only get a leg up, but flex your dungeon overlord muscles and potentially trip up the competition!

Finally, as we reach the point of having 3 parties, people should start sorting out who they’re teaming up with to tackle the fortress. I’ll leave it to you how you do this. If people aren’t sorted by the time the game starts, I can rng you together, but I’d prefer to avoid that.

Otherwise, exciting as we hurtle to the close of the sign ups. Those sitting on the fence, now’s the time to jump in and make your mark!

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I am currently exploring whether there are any alternative-but-similar 3rd party things to The Thief that look like fun, mostly due to overlap with Dr. Snout (my character in Matev's Blades in the Dark game) via the class's emphasis on poisons.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Updated the player list with submitted characters. The amount of people fielding halflings so far amuses me. Just packs of hobbits trying hoodwink a wizard.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Matev wrote: »
    Updated the player list with submitted characters. The amount of people fielding halflings so far amuses me. Just packs of hobbits trying hoodwink a wizard.

I'm gonna roll up another character as well. @Matev If I send that one to you as well, are you going to post it to the list so the other players can see that there is a variety of character options that one player has?

• Options
    Yes, that can be done.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Someone tell us what this ur wizard is.
    A renowned halfling perhaps?
    An orc lady?
    Dwarf bro

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    zeframseezeframsee Registered User regular
    Im in!

Blood blood blood!

• Options
    zeframseezeframsee Registered User regular
    A grim figure cuts through the haze of the miasma surrounding the fortress.

A human fighter, the Black Swordsman: Arngrim!

• Options
    @zeframsee and I are going to team up, so we have a Thief and a Fighter

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Halwyr, The Good Wizard, will help any one in need.

Halwyr is also a tropey Elf.

Be warned.

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »

Be warned.

That's okay, my probably differently-tropey Elf is still on cinderblocks getting built.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Auralynx wrote: »
    joshgotro wrote: »

Be warned.

That's okay, my probably differently-tropey Elf is still on cinderblocks getting built.

As long as you understand that Halwyr is better than you.

Edit: That reads really rough but :P

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Good news Crusaders! We have our first Shaping of the Sundered World.

Long ago, after claiming the Wand of Death, the Ur-Mage carved out an Empire among the mortals, ruling them harshly. It took many years and lost lives but finally, the elves were the first to wrest the secrets of magical might from the Ur-Mage, using their new knowledge to drive him away from their lands. Their mastery of the Arcane has given elves their long lives, and many unique talents. This also makes their souls highly sought after by Death.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    @Matev

I think it's just the four of us, but happy to include a random fifth comrade! Should we also post up our one fact about the world?

My sheet is coming later tonight, but I'm going human Paladin: Selgoth Vorhg.

• Options
    Go ahead and post away!

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    zeframsee wrote: »
    A grim figure cuts through the haze of the miasma surrounding the fortress.

A human fighter, the Black Swordsman: Arngrim!
    Lestatlevampire-vip-blog-com-300793GalchrAshramchr3.jpg

or
    Gatsu-anime-6400.jpg

• Options
    Selgith Vorhg, Paladin of the Pale Father

Selgith Vorhg's ears are assailed by the blind, stupid, animal mirth radiating from the Wet Whistle. Pathetic. Anything to hide from truth, to forget fear, to hedge away the cold. He approaches steadily and stands in the doorway with a frosty stare, green glaive held tightly, wincing at the mingling odors of stale ale, unwashed patrons, the cheap perfume of harlots, and over-salted meats.

After a long examination of the common room, Selgith enters and finds his way to the bar as he awaits his fellow crusaders, their useful heretics, and chosen fodder.

• Options
    @joshgotro @AustinP0027 @saber_of_black @Virgil_Leads_You

@zeframsee and I make up a thief and a fighter, but we have 3 spots left in our party and could def use some variety. If you don’t have a designated party yet, then...f62v3wkj03l9.jpeg

• Options
    FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Dunwick the Bard is set apart by his comfortable clothes, joy for life and its pleasures, and being a healing powerhouse.

Edit: Portait
    1277px-Eduard_Gr%C3%BCtzner_Falstaff_mit_Zinnkanne_und_Weinglas.jpg

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Options
    Selgith regards the offer to join their paltry duo with an eviscerating look. "We will be sure to loot your corpses in the Fortress."

Thereupon he returns to his watery spirits, quietly summoning for the likes of his preordained crusaders. @laserfowl @rezari and @salmonmax

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Roshyyk wrote: »

@zeframsee and I make up a thief and a fighter, but we have 3 spots left in our party and could def use some variety.

Hah, sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind a smart fellow good with unnatural magic in the party as well. That Hawlwyr fellow may well be good.
    Can't go wrong with a healer like this Durgon fellow either.
    This Dunwick fella seems uniquely charming, if we need to negotiate with any ancient caretakers.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    LaserFowlLaserFowl Registered User regular
    @saber_of_black @SalmonMax @Rezari

Rat Halfling Thief of No Renown

A freckle-faced halfling with messy brown hair and shifty green-yellow eyes enters the Wet Whistle. Her bare and dirty feet make their way across the tavern, uttering, "Excuse me... sorry... pardon me..." as she weaves through the taller folk. Tucked into her belt are three daggers with a rapier situated next to it and a pack of adventuring gear over her shoulder.

With a stained gray tunic and a pair of brown slacks with holes in them, she literally climbs into a stool next to Selgoth. A brown cloak that has been patched a dozen times is wrapped around her. With a bright face and a big smile missing a few teeth, she looks over at her companion. "Can I have some food before we go?"

• Options
    edited August 2018
    @zeframsee @Roshyyk @Virgil_Leads_You

”Yes, yes, good, good. A smart move joining ranks. I'm sure you lot will be perfect meat shie...I mean, wonderful compatriots. Except maybe not the dwarf. They kiss their sisters."

Halwyr The Good
    o4ueuamn0lgt.jpg

joshgotro on
  • Options
    @zeframsee @Roshyyk @Virgil_Leads_You @joshgotro

"Aye, I'll join yer ranks. Yer going to need someone to keep ya standin' and the flimsy elf won't be helping."

Durgon
    67e2cfb6fa737d08dc3d51f873bb4f6f.jpg

• Options
    A slight figure in grey hooded robes enters the tavern, its elven blood obvious by the ears protruding from the hood. Grinning, it makes an odd gesture at Halwyr and the light from his staff floats over into its hands. After some incidental legerdemain, it flicks the light back at the other elf's staff, where it returns to its original position. It then signs the book.

"Rhanfydd, Spellthief"

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I mean, everyone else did an intro post. It looks like I'll be the C team's traps guy at this point?

Along with Ringo, ChaosHat, Cheeseliker, and Fuselage?

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Party 1 complete
    Roshyyk - Squibble - Thief Halfling
    Zeframsee - Arngrim - Fighter Human
    Virgil - Ligriv - Druid Halfling
    Joshgoto - Halwyr - Wizard Elf
    AustinP - Durgon - Cleric Dwarf

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    "It's going to be a long trip." I mutter under my breath, envisioning all of the word exchange between the elf and the dwarf, along the way. "I'm sure we can appreciate the diversity in this group and all of the combined experience we make, coming together. The names Squibble. Hopefully I can save you all some headache by taking care of a few obstacles along the way."

Squibble
    hypaw1k4epzb.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2018
    "Arngrim, Ligriv, Squibble, Drumgrom. We should sequester ourselves away from these, others, before they hear our plans."

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Roshyyk wrote: »

@zeframsee and I make up a thief and a fighter, but we have 3 spots left in our party and could def use some variety.

Hah, sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind a smart fellow good with unnatural magic in the party as well. That Hawlwyr fellow may well be good.
    Can't go wrong with a healer like this Durgon fellow either.
    This Dunwick fella seems uniquely charming, if we need to negotiate with any ancient caretakers.

You got an image of your druid?

• Options
    Party 1 complete
    Roshyyk - Squibble - Thief Halfling
    Zeframsee - Arngrim - Fighter Human
    Virgil - Ligriv - Druid Halfling
    Joshgoto - Halwyr - Wizard Elf
    AustinP - Durgon - Cleric Dwarf

And does your party have a name, Sir Halfling?

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Car RamRod (I'm joking)

• Options
    Car RamRod. Not joking.