As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So the comic shop I go to offered me a deal on the Infinite Crisis figures I wanted: Metropolis-battle Batman, Wonder Girl, Firestorm, Wonder Woman, and an OMAC for $40. I think that's a sweet deal. Shall I take it?

Considering that they're $15.00 a pop retail, I'd say yes. They're all good figures too, with Firestorm being the cream of the crop.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah I figured it was a good deal and some of those figures are retailing for at least $20 now. I think I've got the extra cash since I've saved up so much money for Ohayocon this weekend. So how much do those plastic standees run apiece?

ZombieAsuma on
    edited December 2007
    Yeah I figured it was a good deal and some of those figures are retailing for at least $20 now. I think I've got the extra cash since I've saved up so much money for Ohayocon this weekend. So how much do those plastic standees run apiece?

Probably only a couple of a bucks a piece.

Bad Karma on
    edited December 2007
    Sweet so I can rearrange the whole collection and finish off my Infinite Crisis love for like $60. My mood just went up. Last five figures/statues I bought: Naruto Shippudden Trading Figures of Naruto & Sakura, Kotobukiya Supergirl statue, Namor (Fantastic Four Marvel Legends-type line), and I ordered the anime-style Batgirl. Anybody else get anything good lately?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Using acrylic (or plastic) risers like this

a1215ct8.jpg

can also help clean up your displays, by actually making a display. I've seen them at stores like Wal-Mart and Target with the picture frames.

This stand you are talking about, how or where do i go about getting one. I could really use one. Only so much shelf space.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

edited January 2008
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Using acrylic (or plastic) risers like this

a1215ct8.jpg

can also help clean up your displays, by actually making a display. I've seen them at stores like Wal-Mart and Target with the picture frames.

This stand you are talking about, how or where do i go about getting one. I could really use one. Only so much shelf space.

I just lifted that picture from Google. I've seen similar ones at stores like Wal-Mart or Michaels. They're normally located in either the craft section or wherever they have picture frames.

Bad Karma on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Does anyone have any experience or advice with making dioramas? That's something I've always wanted to do for fun.

Always kind of wanted to build a football field for my McFarlane Sportspicks, or build like a back alley for some of the superheroes.

Just never really knew where to start and what to use for a base and stuff. I could probably go out in my shop and start foolin around and maybe get something. I don't know. I have all the ambition in the world but never any initiative.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited January 2008
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience or advice with making dioramas? That's something I've always wanted to do for fun.

Always kind of wanted to build a football field for my McFarlane Sportspicks, or build like a back alley for some of the superheroes.

Just never really knew where to start and what to use for a base and stuff. I could probably go out in my shop and start foolin around and maybe get something. I don't know. I have all the ambition in the world but never any initiative.

Deep picture frames make great bases.

Bad Karma on
    edited January 2008
    That's a pretty good idea.

I probably won't start doing anything until summertime when I have a lot of free time since I typically refuse to sign up for classes during the summer. Til then I'll probably be gathering ideas and supplies.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited January 2008
    I saw some pictures a while back of New Titans figures that included maskless Deathstroke, 18-year old Robin, Terra, and a few others. When are those coming out?

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    I saw some pictures a while back of New Titans figures that included maskless Deathstroke, 18-year old Robin, Terra, and a few others. When are those coming out?

May

Bad Karma on
    edited January 2008
    Sweet....are they part of any specific line?

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    Sweet....are they part of any specific line?

DC Direct

Bad Karma on
  • GeddloGeddlo Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Styrofoam blocks make good buildings and such.

Geddlo on
  • ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    styrofoam, light plywood, and a bunch of the trainset grass, gravel, foliage, etc. from michaels' would prbably be good.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited January 2008
    So I had a good day/bad day scenario at Wal-Mart tonight....went in to buy some soda and thought I'd check for the DC Super-Heroes figure and get an Etrigan. No such luck there but now Wal-Mart carries Naruto trading figures for 3 bucks a piece and you get to see what figure you are getting. I got a Temari, Shikamaru Nara, and Naruto. Good times

ZombieAsuma on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Speaking of wal mart, I was there earlier and noticed all of the Marvel Legends line was on sale for five bucks each. Might be worth checking out if you've been looking to get some.

Mr Pink on
    edited January 2008
    i haven't bought but one marvel legends figure since hasbro, and that one was for a gift

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The Dr. Doom I picked up today is pretty cool. His gun is a little small for his hand, but other than that it's totally worth the five bucks.

Mr Pink on
    edited January 2008
    it's rare i actually purchase a figure. i'm not a collector kind of guy, so it has to have something that really stands out. i bust my ass to buy the manthing when it came out, and was ecstatic when i received the bishop with hair as a gift, but even characters i really get into like iron fist and luke cage, i didn't get the figures because they didn't impress me.

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited January 2008
    I liked the new Namor figure that just came out.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    oh man

my Paul Pope Batman Black and White statue arrived today

holy shit

this thing is hot

Sars_Boy on
    edited January 2008
    I like that line of statues but I think I'd pass on that one personally. REALLY not a fan of Paul Pope's art. Same reasons why I don't like Frank Quitely art...everybody looks so...ugly. Not realistic even...just ugly. And Batman with lace-up boots. I know its a fanboy silly thing but that bothers me.

ZombieAsuma on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Them's fightin' words!

Synthetic Orange on
    edited January 2008
    Come on, at least I was polite about it. A lot better than just saying.... POPE SUCKS!!! LOLZ! Just personal preference is all.

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    Lace up boots actually make sense.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited January 2008
    the entire costume actually makes sense

Sars_Boy on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Even the teeth?

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited January 2008
    sure

they're fucking terrifying

Sars_Boy on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    You don't know enough Brittish people

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited January 2008
    I'm sure lace up boots do make sense but I just thought that whole costume in Batman Year 100 was silly looking. I mean its not as bad as the tv show costume or the ones he wore in movies 1,2, & 4 but I was definitely not a fan. However if I'm missing some logistical reason behind the costume then I apologize. I didn't read it because the art turned me off.

ZombieAsuma on
    edited January 2008
    Year 100 is actually a fantastic series.

The costume is intentionally sloppy looking, he wanted to emphasize that this is just a regular dude. Everything about the costume is meant to look like it was made from scratch. That's why the mask is stitched together, the sleeves are too short, etc.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited January 2008
    I'm sure lace up boots do make sense but I just thought that whole costume in Batman Year 100 was silly looking. I mean its not as bad as the tv show costume or the ones he wore in movies 1,2, & 4 but I was definitely not a fan. However if I'm missing some logistical reason behind the costume then I apologize. I didn't read it because the art turned me off.
    because it's definitely less logical than this

dcd111204batmanposter.jpg

Sars_Boy on
    edited January 2008
    So what isn't logical about that? A triple-reinforced nomex-kevlar weave body suit. The outer underwear for leg and hip flexibility (its a gymnast thing). Combat-style boots. A cape with deceleration technology. A cowl with night & thermal vision and computer scan lens. Radio antenna in the ears. A utility belt chock full of collapsible batarangs, gas grendades, grapnel lines, and all kinds of other goodies. Ummmm did I miss anything?

ZombieAsuma on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It's silly because it's supposed to be super protective yet it's like it's painted on.

I'll bet the only reason he wears a cape is so people dont see his butthole through that 'fabric'.

Synthetic Orange on
    edited January 2008
    So what isn't logical about that? A triple-reinforced nomex-kevlar weave body suit. The outer underwear for leg and hip flexibility (its a gymnast thing). Combat-style boots. A cape with deceleration technology. A cowl with night & thermal vision and computer scan lens. Radio antenna in the ears. A utility belt chock full of collapsible batarangs, gas grendades, grapnel lines, and all kinds of other goodies. Ummmm did I miss anything?
    yes because it looks just like that

Sars_Boy on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Year 100 is the best Batman
    also hey! it has an action figure! statue!

DouglasDanger on
    edited January 2008
    way to come full circle there DD

Sars_Boy on
    edited January 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    yes because it looks just like that

yeah, if it looked like that, batman would be a thick-ass, armored, riot-gear lookin' motherfucker...

which would be kind of cool.

also, combat boots have laces. what he's wearing in that jim lee picture's not boots. those are latex, self-adhesive, (non-matching if you look) rubber-soled socks.

also, if you don't dig pope and quitely, who do you dig?

ManonvonSuperock on
    edited January 2008
    Umm artists I like: Salvador Larroca, Phil Jimenez, Steve McNiven, Scott McDaniel, Ed McGuinness, Jim Lee, Ed Benes, Ale Garza, David Lopez, Ron Garney, Marc Silvestri, Steve Epting, Mike Perkins, Alex Maleev, Michael Lark, Scott Eaton. I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. I'm also certain that what I listed is what he wears considering how many times he's gotten shot and the art showed exposed layers of armor the shots went through.

ZombieAsuma on
This discussion has been closed.