As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PbP] Dungeon World - Fortress of the Ur-Mage: All is Lost (Ur-Mage Victory)

• RoshyykRoshyyk Registered User regular
    Car RamRod or something with titties...like thats the name... "Something With Titties"

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    Roshyyk wrote: »
    Car RamRod or something with titties...like thats the name... "Something With Titties"

tenor.gif

o4n72w5h9b5y.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I was thinking something like The Ur-Punks, or Companions of the Owl.
    Big Titty RamRod is fine I guess.

VayBJ4e.png
  • saber_of_blacksaber_of_black Registered User regular
    @LaserFowl

Selgith weighs her request carefully, finishing his drink. This would be her last hot meal, he supposed. "Fill your belly, rat. And when sated, find us another soul for the Fortress."

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    “Ah,” a figure in heavy robes croons, “I hope blood of another will do, I’ve been rather short on it as late...”

Helter joins the quest!
    I made some tiny adjustments in order to make the character a skeleton, but nothing game changing.

Add me to whatever party! Plus if a thief is no good just say and I’ll make him something else.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    “Ah,” a figure in heavy robes croons, “I hope blood of another will do, I’ve been rather short on it as late...”

Helter joins the quest!
    I made some tiny adjustments in order to make the character a skeleton, but nothing game changing.

Add me to whatever party! Plus if a thief is no good just say and I’ll make him something else.

I think we're good on thieves, since we have two and Spellthief duplicates trap-relevant functionality, for the moment. But I endorse skeletons heartily.

E: Note that this is an opinion, not a fact. I can always devote more level-ups to not doing the Trap Thing, though I see Helter is more of a violent type.

Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

I’d be down for taking advances from other classes as we go, I just want to be a Skeleton Key.

Thoughts @Matev

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I’d be down for taking advances from other classes as we go, I just want to be a Skeleton Key.

Thoughts @Matev

You’re boned.

But seriously, your character, up to you what you want to do.

Just a reminder folks, signs up close tomorrow. Get your suggestions to me and your character info down soon as you can!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    A mercenary entered the tavern. Seeking fortune and fame within the Lair of the Ur-Mage; this poor soul would only find madness. Ravas was his name. A fighter from a far away land in search of the treasure of the gods. A fool's errand, indeed.

286px-BountyHunter.png

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    The fires in the Inn's hearth turn green, and a large creature passes through them into the room.

"I've a thirst!" says Alesire, the jolly old elf.
    santa2.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U5UJAsrY6omGEnd72WEdpipR_G4SaGaLsU38PjQ7KI8/edit?usp=sharing

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited August 2018
    Alesire is a fantastic name. I wanna be in his gang!

Edit: I’m sticking with Thief. Everyone needs a thief, a thief that is a skeleton.

Endless_Serpents on
    Another piece of the Sundered World has been shaped!

Over the centuries, the Ur-Mage has taken on powerful individuals as apprentices. While many do not survive his tutelage, those that do go on to become among the mightiest of their age.

Long ago, one of the apprentices was cast out, lacking some ephemeral quality the Ur-Mage seems. Broken but unbowed, this ex-acolyte was taken in by a monastery. In time, he rose in stature, founding a Holy Order dedicated to the defeat of the Ur-Mage. To this day, the Monks of Antimagos continue their long war, searching for the tools to cast down the wizard and free the world.

They have a small chapel at the edge of town, should you choose to seek them out.

Hail Hydra
    Is Helter perhaps the skeleton of an elf?

Because Team Keebler is shaping up real well, if so

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Ringo wrote: »
    Is Helter perhaps the skeleton of an elf?

Because Team Keebler is shaping up real well, if so

An elf you say? ...Time will tell, perhaps, but were they an elf as you know them?

@Matev can you put the approved World Shaping bits in your reserved post? Having them all in one place will be helpful

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Knowledge has been accumulated on the first page.

Hail Hydra

The Fortress is infamously located at the End of the World, but this is not always true. Once a season, a large storm sweeps a seemingly random part of the world, with Fortress of Ur-Mage appearing in a crash of lightning. Magic becomes more potent, and the bodies of the dead walk, attempting to assault the fortress. Every time they are driven back. As mysteriously as it comes, the Fortress vanishes back into another powerful storm after weeks over even months in place. One day, Death will not be denied.

Hail Hydra
    After putting away three tankards of the local brew, Alesire rumbles a deep and dark chuckle.

"A list they say! Well I've a list for this very occasion! Let me check it against you fellows," he growls, pounding one gloved fist into the other, thereby conjuring a floating spectral parchment.

"Hurum, hrm. Ah ha. We shall see... now, Helter! Dunwick! Ravas! Rhanfydd! Greetings and well met! Be ye daring, and oh so competent, wouldst thy able bodied adventurers accompany me to yon fortress tonight?"

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Rhanfydd sizes up the festive-looking elf.

"Ah. Yes, we're probably here for much the same reason. Pleased to."

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited August 2018
    A new piece of the Sundered World has been shaped.

While many know of green-skinned humanoid forest goblins, there are many other types of goblin as well. The fly-headed browns of the dusty plains, the grey ant-headed goblins that lurk in the ashes of cinder cones, as well as the blue pike-headed reef goblins that raid the coasts. These and many more goblin types are early experiments of the elements, trying to breath life into the world like the gods.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    Aye, ran into a cluster of them blue reefers awhile back, on the way to the world's edge.
    Pretty different from the ol' mount gobs, that I'm used to.
    They gave no respect or tribute to a traveling bird for one.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    Ravas turns to Aleshire . "Sure, I mean.....yes, I be able bodied and adventurous enough to travel with ye to the fortress tonight."

He looks around, he's pretty sure he got that right.
    @Ringo , I couldn't help but be reminded of this for whatever reason (unsure why this particular Santa song)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9OEMKXtYP4

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Is there still room for one more? I've never done a PBP, and I've never played DW (but I've read the rules, and listened to a million Actual Plays), but I'm interested.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    Nips wrote: »
    Is there still room for one more? I've never done a PBP, and I've never played DW (but I've read the rules, and listened to a million Actual Plays), but I'm interested.

Absolutely, there are still 4 spots open, feel free to sign up!

Hail Hydra
    Totally, we got 4 empty spaces for a player to pop in!
    Just gotta sign up in BLOOD!

http://www.dungeonworldsrd.com/
    is the website for the character info

I would just look and see if any of these archetypes pop out at ya.

Arcane Duelist (3pp)
    Barbarian
    Bard
    Cleric - Will be super important
    Druid
    Fighter - Will be super important
    Immolator
    Paladin
    Ranger
    Thief - Will be super important
    Wizard - Will be super important

VayBJ4e.png
    Fighter and Thief can be replaced by similar 3rd-party guys if you do the legwork but if you don't know the game, I'd stick to the stuff from the original release that isn't Immolator.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

Awesome! I'll just leave this BLOOD here as collateral, look over the rules and stuff, and have my character worked up in the morning.

Thanks!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
    I dont think anyone has chosen ranger @Nips

I'll take that under consideration, but looking at the characters so far there seems to be a powerful lack of Clerical representation. And I love me a good man of the cloth. :biggrin:

We'll see. I gotta mull it over.

Nips wrote: »

I'll take that under consideration, but looking at the characters so far there seems to be a powerful lack of Clerical representation. And I love me a good man of the cloth. :biggrin:

We'll see. I gotta mull it over.

All Good! I would just look at the available roster and determine what you believe to be a good fit, given the rest of the party's strengths

@Ringo

With a cackle like wind through a graveyard, Helter gives a theatrical bow.
    “I’m lacking much of a body, but I’m certainly able!”

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Durgon’s got plenty of cleric power. Some have even said he’s too powerful.

• RezariRezari Registered User regular
    (sorry, I'll get my character sorted first thing when I wake up, didn't mean to flake so long XD )

• FuselageFuselage Oosik Jumpship LoungeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2018
    @Ringo

Dunwick sizes up the others on the list and smiles broadly, "Well, well! I've always enjoyed breaking the ice with new companions! I think we'll get along famously. Why, your belly is even larger than my own! It's like a bowl full of jelly!" With that, he stands and lifts his arms up formally, in oration...

"Quest trepidation
    The joys of companionship
    A toast for new friends!
    "
    I won't be posting much at all this weekend, I'm on the road!

Fuselage on
    o4n72w5h9b5y.png
    A sickly warm breeze blows into the tavern as an imposing armored figure pushes through the door. You swear you smell a faint whiff of brimstone, but the sensation of the warmth and the smell quickly pass. The armored figure eschews a seat, instead choosing to lean against a bare space of wall, arms crossed. You're not sure, but you think you hear the figure quietly intoning something in a foreign language. It swiftly ends its murmurs with a phrase in clear, unmistakable common tongue:
    Suffer not the demon to live.

tumblr_oupaxnYFyY1tv2uf4o1_1280.png

In a land beset by all manner of strangeness, the Argent Specter is yet another that fuels the rumor mills of the common folk. Seemingly summoned by the presence of diablerie, this foe of all evil quickly arrives from the mists and in brutal fashion dispatches threats both corrupting and foul. Just as soon as the threat is dealt with, the Argent Specter once again disappears into the mists. Though he seems a man, he has little time or words for those that aren't his charge. And in his wake, the corpses of the damned are left moldering.

Character Sheet here.

One thing that is true about the world:
    It is a little known fact, truly only understood by those few that control the stolen magics of the world, that the disappearances of the Fortress are not random nor without intent. In fact, the Fortress is capable of traveling between realities, and it is through this ability that the Ur-Mage is believed to draw even further power. Those conquered realms beyond our own add fuel and energy to the Ur-Mage's magical hoard. As no one has ever exited the Fortress alive, the only true hints of this world-hopping are the strange landscapes that it arrives with in tow, and the very rare creatures caught in its periphery during a planar transition.

(Apologies for being a little bereft of creativity. Yes, he's just a Night Sentinel. I just finished playing DOOM (2016) yesterday, and demon-slaying is still hot on my brain.)
    (Also, it might look like the Specter is a man of few words; he's dour, but not mute. He'll have the words, once he gets a sense of who he's partied up with.)
    (He is, however, very intent on his task of destroying evil.)
    (Also, I basically made him the most tanky I could, which is a little one-note, but I figured for my first DW character I should start simple. If the Argent Specter meets his end (likely!), I'll roll up that Cleric I was originally thinking of doing.)

edited August 2018
    Good morn Crusaders, it is the dawn of our final day of waiting. The air is crackling with anticipation! A few pieces to start the day:

@ChaosHat
    @Cheeseliker

We are still awaiting information from you. You don’t have to have this moment, but the time draw nigh.

Party 3, do you have a name for your band?

The gods of this world's pantheon have an open invitation for the Ur-Mage to ascend to godhood, as that would allow them more direct control over him, and would provide a one-way ticket to being locked away in the Vault of Heaven. He always turns this down, preferring to torture and control their servants and worshippers. Once in an era, the gods scheme a way to trick the Ur-Mage into ascending, but he has thwarted all their past attempts.

Merely 3 more crusaders need step forward and fortress will have a full complement! You have less than 16 hours to etch your name in glory.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
    It probably makes sense to put the Argent Specter in Party 4, otherwise Party 1 (the only other team with a spot open) is doubling up on Pallys. Which, in some circumstances, I'm to understand is desirable. But probably not here, for this purpose.

Unless Party 1 wants the Argent Specter. In which case...ok? Sure. I'm honestly good with whatever.

Alternatively, the Argent Specter is Party 4. Rip and tear!

Alternatively, the Argent Specter is Party 4. Rip and tear!

Doom is a frequent inspiration in my design circles, so not inaccurate.

Hail Hydra